K&B Transportation Employee Reviews

a nice place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMay 24, 2017
unlike most drivers i have nothing bad to say about k&b transportation they are a very good company to work for they take care of their drivers always some one to talk to if you have any questions about your job as long as you do your job you dont have anything to worry about would highly recommend to any driver to give them a try if they are looking for another company only reason i left is i wanted alittle more home time with my son due to i spending more time on the road them most drivers they compensate drivers good and health benefits ore better than most
Pros
guarantee minimum pay
Cons
no pet policy
See the road and places i would not see otherwise.
Cross Country Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMay 8, 2017
Transport product over the midwest in a refrigerated van from various from major companys such as Walmart,Tyson Foods Target,to their distribution centers in a timely and safe manner in all weather conditions.
Pros
see the country and get Paid well
Cons
Long hours away from home
Don't fall for the no experience/high pay hype
Driver (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 5, 2017
You'll be run like a dog for a company that cares more about making money than your CSA score and your own career. Pay is good, but let's face it... Sometimes the money just ain't worth the BS
Pros
Good pay at low experience level
Cons
Everything else
company falsely guarantees $1125 per week
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  South Souix City, NeMarch 28, 2017
company falsely guarantees $1125 per week . Company doesn't play by the rules that govern transportation industry. And their trucks are not reliable. A driver would be lucky to get 4 hours of sleep per day with this company.
Pros
they will cheated out of money quick so you know to quit asap
Cons
cheated out of money
They run a driver ragged And don't get them home
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 12, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company for anyone who has a family or for anyone who wants to be home.they have an extreme turn over rate because the micro-manage everything. The want they're drivers to drive illegally to get loads to customers in time.
Outstanding and reliable.
OTR Driver & Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  S Sioux City, NE 68776 and Rochelle, ILJanuary 7, 2017
Best employer I have ever worked for. Kept equipment in good operating order and never had a problem getting service when needed. Kept me busy and never had a problem getting vacation time. Would deliver a 600 mile area from Rochelle. Learned importance of constant communication of load temps. Management was helpful and friendly. Hardest part of the job was driving in winter weather in the northern states. The most enjoyable part of job was the knowing exactly how much your compensation was every week. Did not have to worry about how many miles I had driven that week. Will never work for mileage pay again.
Pros
Pay per day not mileage.
Cons
Do not have any
very good place for work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 8, 2016
very friendly people they always treat they employee with respect and they try to make every one happy by givng them more work hours to make the money they need
Pros
good salary
Cons
less sleep time
Great company
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Souix city, NEOctober 22, 2016
Good pay, they keep you running, OTR company, great benefits, equipment is in good condition, Dispatch is very easy to get along with, they will fly you in for orientation
Terrible way to treat drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 3, 2016
On the first day of orientation the operations manager decided to berate this skinny kid about 20 minutes before the kid got up and left for no reason I could discern except that the operations manager thought it was funny. I didn't know then that this would be indicative of how they treat drivers. You'll get miles and you'll get paid but you also be treated worse than someone would treat a dog. During my employment I had the staff scream at me and call me names on multiple occasions as well as expected me to run illegal. In the short time I was there I met a bunch of other drivers but not a single one had worked there for more than a year. After a while I put together the money put in my two weeks notice and just kept my head down. In spite of the fact that they had never had a problem with me when I went to turn my truck in the office staff immediately ramped-up their aggression and began threatening that if I didn't have my truck cleaned out and a half an hour they wouldn't give me a bus ticket home and leave me stranded in Iowa. There was no conversation that led to that and that kind of hostility was unwarranted but it's just how they do things.

They have a limited size Fleet and yet are advertising every day on Craigslist. Their turnover rate is insane, they can't keep drivers and they earned their reputation.

And you can forget that 1125 guarantee. They will always come up with a different excuse not to pay it.
Pros
You'll get paid
Cons
Extremely hostile work environment
Not what I expected
Driver (Current Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEApril 24, 2016
I took this job out of desparate after a long time out of work. I can't really complain about the home tome as I stay out extra long to try to catch up for the time I was not working. There's the rub. The 2500 mile per week guarantee. They pay it within very clear perameters. It's a nice little safety net. The problem is that there are far too many weeks that they have to pay the guarantee or just barely get you the 2500 actual paid miles due to lack of miles and wasted time. I am away from my family all the time because I want to earnearn enough money to support them so need many more miles. As a minimum I ask for an average of at least 430 mi per day and they can't get it done. Realistically I can do 510 a day but only ask for the 430 as a MINIMUM. Could do better and earn more while getting better sleep if the company would raise the truck speed too. Trucks are set at 62 on cruise and 65 on foot. So if you want to use your dot hrs up fast you can just cruise it but if you want to make the best time posdible with this set up you are stuck wearing out your foot leg and back and being significantly more fatigued than you otherwise would be. Finally the constant switching from day to night to day and back again is exactly what the hos is trying to prevent with the 14 hr work window and 1p hr break. I don't mind running at night but quit switching me up and get me some bloody miles. I would recommend you look elsewhere unless you are desperate or need to gain some recent time in a truck to move on to greener pastures in the next year or two. This is not a place to  more... stay long term. Some people say those who complain abot K & B are lazy and that's garbage. I'm begging for more work and miles and they either cannot or will not give it to me.  less
Pros
Ok trucks and maintenance, guarantee pays as advertised as a safety net
Cons
Flipflopping nights and days, can't or won't provide decent miles, very slow trucks requiring constant accelerator us to get full speed, very small (140 gallons total) fuel tanks

Want to know more about K&B Transportation?

Ask a question
Long Hours, Long Drives
Raider (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEAugust 28, 2015
Aside from constantly flipping from day driving to night driving, the long, boring hours behind the wheel of a semi truck, and little home time or personal time, the job was good. Plenty of miles, plenty of pay, and almost never sitting and waiting for the next load. It was a bit give and take, but for the most part, this is one of the better trucking companies to work for.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of miles, lots of loads, good benefits
Cons
long hours, little time off
Diverse work schedules
Driver (Current Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEJuly 17, 2015
A typical day is day or night. The job is mostly drop/hook. Some companies allow for early pick up and delivery, whether drop or live. Live is better, since there is normally time for rest. Management uses
quite a bit out-of-the-box thinking, using creative ways for getting
loads relayed or managing one-trip loads.
Have met a few coworkers during trips to the terminal, or even encounters at truck stops. There are mixed reviews from other drivers, but most are easy to talk to.
The hardest part of the job is switching from day to night driving, due to the ever-changing load times, so it makes getting ample time to rest challenging at times.
I do like seeing different parts of the country, although there are some states I've come to enjoy more than others, because of scenery, among other attributes.
Pros
Driver managers are easy to talk to, and accessible at the terminal.
Cons
Switching day to night driving
Orientation Road Test (Former Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEJune 23, 2015
From my perspective:
Good team
Good fellow employees
Personal attitudes good
Job expectation, well defined
Interaction with other departments good to great
Pros
positive attitudes
Cons
Cold Winters
nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 5, 2015
had learned a lot from working with this company. Very fun place to work but yet busy. I enjoyed working for this company before they closed
Tough Work, Great Compensation
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMarch 26, 2015
Long hours, but great people to work with. Great pay, but lacks a full compensation package. The days can be stressful, but the people in the office are very easy to get along with.
Cons
worst company ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 3, 2015
I am not surprised that when they mailed ,my check for the last two.weeks after I brought their truck back ,that they took back the $400 orientation pay ,and the $500 bonus =$900 deducted from my pay check, which left me with $27.03 I certainly hope that there is a special place in hadez for people like you..
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
they were wanting to change the electronic, logs from the office, to say that I was sleeping when I was unloading, and I told them that I was not, going to run until I get my break in. I am shocked that other drivers, have not brought this up with the, Department of Transportation.
Horrible employers!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEOctober 16, 2014
Worst company I have EVER worked for! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! You will be so sorry. Hardly any home time, will nickel and dime you for things you are not even responsible for, will try everything in their power to not give you your last check when you leave (even if you leave on good terms). This is the WORST company to drive for - very dishonest and untrustworthy.
Pros
Cons
Limited home time, dishonest management, non-accommodating.
I had a great manager
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 2, 2014
It was great, one of the best companies I've worked for, until I couldn't renew my license.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
new hos rules (not thier fault)
I could not have worked for a better company
driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJune 20, 2014
The list is far to long to type out. Just know that if you work for these guys, you will not be disappointed. I wish I could have continued on with them.
Pros
respectful, curteous
Cons
nothing major, maybe a dirty bathroom once
Company is not an employee friendly company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJune 2, 2014
Driving many hours and many miles per day. Only concerned about on time pick up and deliveries and not how the driver is
Pros
Traveling America
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K&B Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6