K&B Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible way to treat drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 3, 2016
On the first day of orientation the operations manager decided to berate this skinny kid about 20 minutes before the kid got up and left for no reason I could discern except that the operations manager thought it was funny. I didn't know then that this would be indicative of how they treat drivers. You'll get miles and you'll get paid but you also be treated worse than someone would treat a dog. During my employment I had the staff scream at me and call me names on multiple occasions as well as expected me to run illegal. In the short time I was there I met a bunch of other drivers but not a single one had worked there for more than a year. After a while I put together the money put in my two weeks notice and just kept my head down. In spite of the fact that they had never had a problem with me when I went to turn my truck in the office staff immediately ramped-up their aggression and began threatening that if I didn't have my truck cleaned out and a half an hour they wouldn't give me a bus ticket home and leave me stranded in Iowa. There was no conversation that led to that and that kind of hostility was unwarranted but it's just how they do things.

They have a limited size Fleet and yet are advertising every day on Craigslist. Their turnover rate is insane, they can't keep drivers and they earned their reputation.

And you can forget that 1125 guarantee. They will always come up with a different excuse not to pay it.
Pros
You'll get paid
Cons
Extremely hostile work environment
Long Hours, Long Drives
Raider (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEAugust 28, 2015
Aside from constantly flipping from day driving to night driving, the long, boring hours behind the wheel of a semi truck, and little home time or personal time, the job was good. Plenty of miles, plenty of pay, and almost never sitting and waiting for the next load. It was a bit give and take, but for the most part, this is one of the better trucking companies to work for.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of miles, lots of loads, good benefits
Cons
long hours, little time off
Diverse work schedules
Driver (Current Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEJuly 17, 2015
A typical day is day or night. The job is mostly drop/hook. Some companies allow for early pick up and delivery, whether drop or live. Live is better, since there is normally time for rest. Management uses
quite a bit out-of-the-box thinking, using creative ways for getting
loads relayed or managing one-trip loads.
Have met a few coworkers during trips to the terminal, or even encounters at truck stops. There are mixed reviews from other drivers, but most are easy to talk to.
The hardest part of the job is switching from day to night driving, due to the ever-changing load times, so it makes getting ample time to rest challenging at times.
I do like seeing different parts of the country, although there are some states I've come to enjoy more than others, because of scenery, among other attributes.
Pros
Driver managers are easy to talk to, and accessible at the terminal.
Cons
Switching day to night driving
Orientation Road Test (Former Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEJune 23, 2015
From my perspective:
Good team
Good fellow employees
Personal attitudes good
Job expectation, well defined
Interaction with other departments good to great
Pros
positive attitudes
Cons
Cold Winters
nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 5, 2015
had learned a lot from working with this company. Very fun place to work but yet busy. I enjoyed working for this company before they closed
Tough Work, Great Compensation
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMarch 26, 2015
Long hours, but great people to work with. Great pay, but lacks a full compensation package. The days can be stressful, but the people in the office are very easy to get along with.
Cons
worst company ever worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 3, 2015
I am not surprised that when they mailed ,my check for the last two.weeks after I brought their truck back ,that they took back the $400 orientation pay ,and the $500 bonus =$900 deducted from my pay check, which left me with $27.03 I certainly hope that there is a special place in hadez for people like you..
Pros
can't think of anything
Cons
they were wanting to change the electronic, logs from the office, to say that i was sleeping when i was unloading, and i told them that i was not, going to run until i get my break in. i am shocked that other drivers, have not brought this up with the, department of transportation.
Horrible employers!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEOctober 16, 2014
Worst company I have EVER worked for! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! You will be so sorry. Hardly any home time, will nickel and dime you for things you are not even responsible for, will try everything in their power to not give you your last check when you leave (even if you leave on good terms). This is the WORST company to drive for - very dishonest and untrustworthy.
Cons
limited home time, dishonest management, non-accommodating.
I had a great manager
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 2, 2014
It was great, one of the best companies I've worked for, until I couldn't renew my license.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
new hos rules (not thier fault)
I could not have worked for a better company
driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJune 20, 2014
The list is far to long to type out. Just know that if you work for these guys, you will not be disappointed. I wish I could have continued on with them.
Pros
respectful, curteous
Cons
nothing major, maybe a dirty bathroom once
Company is not an employee friendly company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEJune 2, 2014
Driving many hours and many miles per day. Only concerned about on time pick up and deliveries and not how the driver is
Pros
traveling america
Cons
stressful
Challenging
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEApril 10, 2014
I have loved working for K&B Transportation, Inc for the past 13 years
Pros
great working enviroment
This company going down
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux City,IaFebruary 20, 2014
I read the reviews on this company before i went this was out of desperation l needed to make money.But to tell the next driver money is not everything.this company runs you at nite all the time.manipulate the e log system run you till all your hours out before delivery and you have to look for a place to park while you out if hours. DOT need to look into this company they playing with the system.they take your money and pick your pockets.This is a terrible company in the history of my CDL dont,t go will keep telling drivers about the renegade company
Pros
none at all
Cons
bad company period
Poor company
Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEFebruary 10, 2014
First off. Very poor equipment. Dispatchers forced fixed log books. A lot of night driving. Very pushy about taking breaks. Have troubles paying their drivers properly. They were taking 300$ to 400$ out of pay each week. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Cleaned out truck and brought it back to yard. and they told me I was on my own getting home!
Quite the opposite
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sioux CityJanuary 1, 2014
Well let's start with the ad placed on the internet. It's very vague. Orientation; well let's see they tell you a whole lot that fills in the blanks from the ad. Problem: you're there and you took the job offer. Now what? Well you run for them. First paycheck? Wrong. No you don't get the guarantee the first week. They don't tell you that. Okay cool. Bonus that is promised? Oh sorry not on the first check. No they won't fix it. Great. So all the budgeting and balancing you did to ensure your checking isn't negative is now negative. Fabulous. What will they do to rectify it? Nothing. So it's only a few night runs. Great. Wrong. All night runs. I am not a night runner. I can run all day long but not nights. So now my sleep schedule is weird and I'm exhausted. Qualcomm dings by dispatch on my DOT mandated 10 hour break. Hello! I can't sleep at the weird schedule let alone stay awake to drive at night. Let me sleep for crying out loud! Great home time? Yeah okay I've been doing this for 9 years. I've been home on schedule every 170 hours of work completed. Not this company! Miles? 900 miles for the week? 1500 miles for the week? Come on now. I'm used to doing 3000 miles at minimum a week. They expect me to sustain life for my family? Yeah no.
Pros
good trucks
Cons
dispatch is condescending. pay is wrong. no empathy or understanding.
I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NENovember 28, 2013
Trust me when I say this is the worst trucking company I've ever worked for. I'm surprised their still in business. Everything I've read from other former drivers is true. I'm not going to go into all the horrible details I went through.

Do your research and find a much better long term employer. Any comments posted with derogatory remarks towards former drivers is not another driver its a current employee, dispatcher, manager, or a recruiter. And yes K&B the truth hurts.

. I have a word of advice for K&B. Its your reputation. You've screwed over to many drivers. Without drivers you have nothing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I was not happy there
Refrigeration Driver (Former Employee) –  Siouxcity IA.November 7, 2013
The company not a bad company .But help the driver to make are job better and safer If theres a problem then help us fix it.
Pros
i got home for my time off
Cons
wouldnt listen to me when my truck was running good
The other drivers are good people,
Class A OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEAugust 13, 2013
Drivers are good despite being pushed to the limite . dispatch can be demanding and sometimes rude and disrespectful
dont work here
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  S Sioux City, NEJune 5, 2013
aweful place to work they dont care about their drivers. came home for xmas has to get some test done faxed in a note from dotor and they came and took my truck with all personal items and fired me without telling me so i could clean out my truck. they threw all my stuff away STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMay 17, 2013
Good equipment and pay but the dispatchers were very disrespectful to the drivers.

2.9