K&G Fashion Superstore Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 23, 2016
It was a steady job
Learned that customers are always right and would need to make them satisfied with merchandise they were purchasing.
Management was pretty laid back which needed to improve more on goals.
Hardest part of the job was having restrooms cleaned.
The most enjoyable part of the job was we saw each other as a family.
Pros
Once a month we would do a cook out or a pot luck
Cons
We needed to improve our goals of each month sales
Great work place and environment.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2016
K&G has a great working environment. They have good benefits. The company is flexible with hours and is family friendly. The open door policy is truly an open door policy. K&G has outings for the employees off site and a couple of Spirit events on site each year. My days are busy working with the executives and operations group. My days can get hectic working with such a variety of people but everyone understands my work load and they know that I must prioritize to get results. One of the things I enjoy most is when I plan an outing for the employees and they have a good time - hearing the positive feedback really makes my day and all the hard work well worth it!
It's okay.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2016
Lazy and lousy management. Great pay to be retail and flexible with college students schedule. Management does not want you to leave the company and move on with your life. They pressure you to sale lint rollers and garment bags and if you don't he will cut your hours tremendously and you will get written up for it. (You will not get a raise if youve been written up during the year). You will also get written up if you don't automatically sign customers up for a rewards card. Also the $5 that is used to be discounted off of your purchase, they will throw in a $4.99 lint roller but tell the customers it is free. The $5 coupon will pay for the lint brush and would not discount your purchase. I feel as if it's ruining our image by lying to the customers. Besides that the customers and coworkers at check out are awesome!
Cons
Short lunch break
Great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 16, 2016
I loved working here. Never was a dull moment there. Either I was stocking shoes, putting out clothes, reorganizing the racks, or helping a customer find something to wear to church. I learned a lot about professional attire at K&G which is good for me being so young at the time.
The co-workers are fun to be around
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 4, 2016
Most days throughout the week are slow. The weekend is the busiest time. I learned how to be confident when selling the rewards memberships and suggestive selling. The co-workers are nice and fun to be around. Suggestive selling would be the hardest part of this job. It's a challenge trying to get customers to add on to their purchase. The environment is the most enjoyable and seeing different styles of merchandise come into the store.
Pros
employee discounts - 20%
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Productive place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2016
Positive employees.. Most days I didn't get my hours. Most of the managers didn't have the leadership vibe. The work was easy.. The store had days where it was disorganize but it was days where they did very well
Pros
It's great being able to meet so many many different people everyday
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 20, 2016
Working in hospitality is great to me. You can network and build strong relationships with great people.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Pay is not benficial
Store caters to all customers needs
Key Carrier (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 25, 2016
High energy work pace. The store carries a great selection of merchandise which helps to ensure customers needs are met.
Pros
Recieve new merchandise daily
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2016
Great place to work all sales were being made. Enjoyed the staff and most of all the customers. Flexible work hours. Great benefits
Not the most pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALMarch 25, 2016
Management team are not a group of people who will make your feel appreciated. They also gossip a lot and hate that employees build a strong bond. Also very rude to customers.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Retail and Customer Service at its best.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive upper management. As the company grows, there are ongoing issues with the IT system but they are resolved fairly quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and each other. Things are constantly changing and moving so every day is a new day.
Pros
Quality of life, never a dull moment
Cons
Trying to achieve the metrics
Productive and customer service driven
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIAugust 12, 2015
Fast paced work environment with opportunities to meet awesome people from all ethnic backgrounds who expect a high level of service and quality goods. Team work environment strongly encouraged and relationships formed with a family appeal. Understanding the aspects of customer service required to work holidays, evenings and most weekends.
Pros
Benefits, Excellent Customer Service
Cons
Required to have flexible availability to meet the demands of the business
sales/cleaning services
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2015
experienced great responsibilities while working here, and enjoyed every minute of it. Met a lot of great people while working and was able to become a part of a team.
Very productive and increased my skills with customer service.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 26, 2015
As my first job it taught me how to work individually and in a team evironment and improve on skills relating to customer satisfactory.
Coworkers are like family, always a day of smiles
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAApril 20, 2015
Very exciting atmosphere. always waiting to
wow the customers with new arrivals. Balloons, outside activities for customers on various weekends. Hardworking managers and great customers couldn't ask for too much more.
Interesting people to meet, co-workers make it a friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MADecember 1, 2014
A regular day will consist of attending to the needs of the customers.
restocking and revamping the store, as well as keeping the fitting rooms neat and organized.
Fast-pace work at the cash register as a cashier. Picking up calls, redirecting phone calls to the managers, calling for suit salesmen assistance, etc.
Fun place to work with, as the co-workers make it an interesting experience.
communication and customer service improves gradually
experience learned with marketing etc.
Pros
diverse group of coworkers
Cons
short breaks
fun employers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 4, 2014
helping indivudals find the correct undergarments for everyday life . i learned to be more patient because everyone body is not the same so you have to help everyone differetly . management were stuck up and mean . sometimes did lotts of favoritisum and unfair . the hardest part of the job is helping a customer who is undicisive with what to buy and extremly picky and shy . the most enjoyable part is helping that customer find there ideal under garment .
Pros
wonderful workers discount
Cons
short breaks, rude managers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MagateOctober 3, 2014
A typical day at work is being a problem solver and being able to think quickly on your feet. I often times have to monitor sales, to ensure we meet sales plan that has been put in place for the company. I also have to manage the time of myself and others to ensure that we are being productive on maintaining the needs of the business. This often times involves training, motivating, being a team player and keeping the morale high. Throughout my time with this company I have learned self-gratification. I have also learned to balance being a successful store manager with my home life. The hardest part of the job is the time that is invested on the job, while being away from my family for large periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting great people and feeling appreciated.
Pros
n
Cons
n
Productive and fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 23, 2014
Customer service, patience,fun and professionalism is a typical day at work.

I learned to enjoy, communicate and cultivate a positive environment for employees and customers

Great company to work for. Very diverse group of coworkers. All team players. Every aspect of this company generates the best customer service, employee relations and a community of a family environment.

There is no hard part of any job. You make it your own and own it for all its worth. Enjoy it and make the next day a new adventure.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
terminating great employees who have to return to school
Fun workplace with awesome networking opportunities.
Suit Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2014
Selling suits was an awesome job. I was able to meet so many people in so many different professions. I also learned to tie ties and how to properly suit people for suits. The management at K&G is great and makes sure that everything gets done correctly. I had a blast working there because the employees all had a great report. The hardest part of the job is that it got extremely busy some days.
Pros
fun environment, networking opportunities
Cons
the warehouse had so many crickets and grasshoppers

K&G Fashion Superstore Reviews by Location