K&G Fashion Superstore

K&G Fashion Superstore Employer Reviews

Sales Associate/ Retail
Cashier (Current Employee), manchester ctMay 20, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, easy work
Cons: short breaks, no stable hours
I always clock in on time and start my day by asking my managers what has to be done and what station am i being put at. I am usually put at the register until the next employee comes in then i go to the ladies floor to begin recovering. If needed i go to 4 other sections which are suits,shoes,mid men's, and kids. Throughout the years at this job my – more... typing skills have gotten faster, I've learned more about sales and computers. The hardest part about this job is the unstable hours given. The most enjoyable part about this job is working with nice coworkers and getting paid every friday. – less
A starting point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management uneducated, gossipers and backstabbers
As a college student, retail is the type of job that is needed, most times there hours are flexible. Unfortunate, at K&G you worked hard, learned things when it was needed for statistics. The management of the 42nd street store are unprofessional. They would speak about their personal afterwork events in front of potential customers and at the registers. – more... One supervisor would talk about her sex life in the dressing room. When confronted by a customer, she reacted negatively.Sometimes the hardest part of the job was dealing with the attitudes and behavior of the team-management and co-workers. At that location you could not trust anyone. – less
Interacting with customers and Promoting sales
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2014
Pros: promoting a variety of great deals weekly
Cons: website no longer is availiable
Providing excellent customer service, Cash debt or credit transactions. Getting one on one time with customers to create personal relationship and dynamic upsales
you couldn't ask for a better place to work especially human resources they definitely look out for their employees
Store Manager (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 30, 2014
you couldn't ask for a better place to work. especially human resources they definitely look out for their employees.
Interactive and Productive
Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2014
A typical day includes completing paperwork/reports, scheduling tasks, interacting and providing excellent customer service,as well as training associates. Everyday is a surprise because you never know what type of customers you will have on a given day.
good times
Customer service (Former Employee), Lansing, ILNovember 30, 2013
I enjoyed my time working at k&g . it was a job that I would always cherish.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXNovember 12, 2013
A typical day was not too busy. Mostly stocking and cleaning areas around the store. Co-workers are very friendly and upbeat! Nothing too complex about the job.
customer service is our first prority.
Managing Cashier; Visual Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Margate, FLSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
cashier, sales consulntant, visuals, go backs & cleaning and rehanging merchandise.
Productive, enjoyable, family friendly- well respected work place
Floor Representative (Former Employee), Independence, MOAugust 27, 2013
Pros: 15 minute breaks, achievement parties, bonuses, optional 401k plans, optional health care plans, employee of the quarter awards.
Cons: there were none!
A typical day working at K&G Fashion Superstore I would engage with customer service. I usually would unwrap clothing and sensor items to be put out and hang them. During closing time I would clean the restrooms, and the fitting rooms. As well as sweep, and seldom mop. Measure suits and people.

What I learned from K&G Fashion Superstore is that appearance – more... and great customer service is extremely important when making sales. Do not ever be afraid to approach customers for sales or asking them if there is anything you can do to make their visit better.

Management was absolutely wonderful. My co-workers were great to speak with and trust if there was ever a problem. The job description was easy. At first I struggled with confidence. I know for a fact I have come a very long way when I look back!

The most enjoyable parts of the job I would have to say was the conversation and achievement parties and bonuses we all got. – less
Friendly Enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2013
Face to face interactions with customers
Some back room work
Work as a team
Wonderful Management team
K&G fashion superstore
SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 9, 2013
Pros: they give you a 20% discount
Cons: they are open all week
K&G is a nice place to work, they give you a lot of work hours. however they will have you working all different times a day throw out the week.
fun place to work
Wardrobe Consultant/Salesman (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 22, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: pay was not good
good place to work always had a busy day with helping people that needed.
More downs than ups
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 27, 2013
This place is good for people in high school. Don't recommend to work here if you have bills to pay. People are in the mercy of their managers when it comes to hours. If they like you, they will give you good hours, if they don't like you, you will get little to no hours.
Short Lived & Rightfully So
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tukwila, WashingtonMarch 14, 2013
I really felt like i was gonna adore my seasonal job at K&G. It was my first job and i was overjoyed. I literally stood behind a register all day and organized hangers. Orders got parked at me very rudely by the store manager. Occasionally, i put security tags on purses & stocked perfume but that was about it. It was like that every morning and every – more... night. The same thing everyday.

I learned a great deal about operating a register and different types of softerware due the my register work. I had to reboot the computers everytime there was a glitch. I also learned that if i wanted to be respected, i had to go above and beyond. I started learning how to do other jobs in the store. I had to branch out to show my work ethic was worth me being hired.

The managers were all very pleasent. Except for the store manager. She had a grudge on young pretty women. My other seasonal hire and I were both pretty girls who got alot of attention from the male customers. We were always professional and denied any of their attention or advances. The other managers told us that she was jealous because she used to get that type of attention and wasnt recieveing it anymore. It was very petty on her behalf because i was just there to work and better the store. I had a personal tragedy happen in my life before i got hired, so i wasnt concerned about male attention. As i was told at me seasonal release that i "drew to much attention to myself", which was completely untrue.

I really dont have much positive to say about my time spent with this company except i wish i had another chance to prove more of my worth ethic instead of being known as the pretty face – less
Lots of work, low pay, glass ceiling, no loyalty
Management (Former Employee), TexasMarch 13, 2013
What I learned from this job is that you should commit only to the job and nothing more. There is no loyalty from the people up top, its all about how much work they can get out of you and that's that.
CONS: Low pay for managers, Hectic work schedule, No room for growth, People are always in your business, No loyalty, Glass ceiling syndrome
PROS: When – more... I think of one I will let you know
Would never work here again, they don't care about you as an employee but claim to care and will work you like a donkey. – less
first job
Retail Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MIFebruary 26, 2013
enjoyed working here, helped gentlemen find suits, and rang all customers up. It was close to home so a good commute.
Excellent opportunity!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2013
We brought a concept to Richmond that combined customer service with value and an unmatched aptitude for sales and merchandising.
Not very much progress
Sales (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: happy customers, taking breaks on time
Cons: not much growth from store unless your a manager, low pay for non management, part-time only
I've worked there from september 2007-november 2008. There are somethings I like there which was the co-workers & customers my job position was sale womens suits or mens wear if im not bussy or the store it self. Cleaning the fitting room visual display merchandise by the window & maniqins whitch i enjoyed the most, stacking shoes on shelves. The one – more... thing I can tell you if you dont clean everything on time the manager will make you stay until its done he dont play no games. – less
family enviorment
Supervisor of Men's Shoe Department (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJDecember 6, 2012
Pros: family enviorment
Organizing the men's shoe dept.sales,customer service and cashering.Also, training workers in inventory.
productive and typical
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matthews, NCSeptember 14, 2012
Not the best job i've ever had but it taught me about my skills of team work. I was hired to started the store from point one unpacking the boxs, setting up racks and displays for the store in all departments: kids, women, mens, and shoes. We worked as a team and if one slacked on their part we would help them out.