Recruiters should not call our office. We are not interested in using an agency.
Our mission is to improve the classroom and learning experience of students by improving the lives, experience and careers of K-12 educators. We believe that the sharing of information, resources and ideas is the key to achieving this goal. We strive to reach this goal by partnering with non-profit, fully-accredited colleges and universities across the country. K-12 Teachers Alliance offers an extensive selection of K-12 Educator and member services including: administration resources, member social community, graduate scholarships & programs, grants and other funding assistance. Please visit our websites at k12teachersalliance.com and teachhub.com. We are looking for a 1099 contractor who has the option to convert to W2 or remain a contractor after 3 months. Contractor pay is $32/hour.
Public repo of code samples (git, etc.) required
- 3+ years professional experience in OOP language such as Java, C#, PHP 5.x, Ruby, etc. Advanced experience in one or more languages required.
- Experience working with multiple database engines (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL). NoSQL experience a plus
- Fundamental understanding of differences between RDBM/SQL and NoSQL. Practical application use case for each. Professional experience with either.
- Code framework experience (MVC, .NET, etc.) required
- Deep understanding of APIs from a consumption and creation standpoint. Noted professional experience in one or both.
- Experience rapidly prototyping features and functions with minimal specifications for internal evaluation.
- Excellent code commenting and documentation.
- Experienced with CLI in a *nix or Microsoft environment.
- Basic understanding of IaaS/PaaS, exposure. Experience with Amazon EC2, Google Cloud, or Rackspace Cloud a plus
- Professional experience in a code-managed environment (Git or Subversion), team environment preferred
- College degree required, Masters preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, projecting and achieving milestones and deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with all stakeholders (customers, team members, management and vendors)
- Experience working in diverse teams including content, UX, architecture and developers
- Passion for continued learning; Seeker/sharer of knowledge/technique.
- Problem solver: Customer/User-first mindset
- Continued professional development opportunities (books, site/magazine subscriptions, conferences, etc.)
- Celebrate milestones and breakthroughs
- Variety of creative projects to work on (eventually a "pick what you want to work on" environment for part of the week*probably 9-18 months off from that).
- 401K plan
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- We currently do not provide medical insurance
- Relaxed environment (jeans M-F)
Our mission is to improve the classroom and learning experience of students by improving the lives, experience and careers of K-12...