K-DESIGNERS

K-DESIGNERS Employer Reviews

Productive and fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun, prize competitions
Cons: production based
A typical day consists of trying to make appointments for the product that we have available.
Worst working envronment ever experienced.
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 11, 2014
From day to day you didn't know when, or if, you were going to work. The "qualified leads" were bogus. You spent a lot of time going on appointments that didn't exist.
Out of Business?
Technical Sales / Marketing Director (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORNovember 6, 2013
Company is strugling exterior remodeling company focused on sales mostly. selling windows and siding may be difficult but the overall experience provided great training for entry level sales
boring and short days
telemarketer (Former Employee), gold river, caOctober 28, 2013
working there has been not what it thought it would be.. the people there are rude at times and your always on the line when you dont make a sale. its only and always part time not enough pay.
Strong training system / Good products / Good Commission
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good commission % on sales and good company
Cons: traveling too much
Morning meeting before going off to work a territory.
First lead given to you to do a in-home presentation.
3 to 5 hr avg presentation.
paperwork
Telemarketing isn't for everyone
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: base pay, regardless of sales
Cons: rude customers, the pay, not many hours
I worked 4 days a week, 6 hours at a time, for $7.50 an hour + commission. I spent my days making cold calls to clients who didn't want to be bothered by telemarketers & therefore cursed at me, yelled at me, called me names, and/ or hung up on me.
waste of time
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 11, 2013
Cons: everything
I don't recommend this job to anyone. Their employees are very unprofessional. It's like working alongside a whole bunch of high school students. The managers are all rude.
Starts out positive then the management games begin.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CAMay 1, 2013
Pros: you have a part-time job.
Cons: no stability. mind games.
Worked in the Telemarketing division.

Everything is subject to change at this company if you work the phones.

I believe that management tries to save money by taking away perks from telemarketing staff.

They have a $50 attendance bonus for perfect attendance. They took that away shortly after hiring 3 new managers, so I'm guessing they want to make – more... up some of the money lost.

Now you must have 10 leads on the board to qualify for the bonus. Lots of luck making that happen.

When I first started and they needed more people, it was a really positive environment, but now they're using different tactics of management that aren't friendly anymore.

You cannot control certain random aspects of the job, and management acts as if you can.

Answering Machines and angry people hanging up on you and telling you immediately to put them on the do not call list. You get whole days of nothing but that. It's truly random, but some management beats you up about it being on you..that you can decide how big the paycheck is.

They took an hour off our schedule because they can. Now they're saying if you don't get a certain amount of leads by when they want it, they'll send you home "for training", which isn't paid for. Doesn't sound legal.

I think they want things to stay at a high turn over rate, because if everyone is fully trained but we're failing, who's fault is it? If they can keep enough people quitting, they'll always have people to train, and therefore, they're justified in having managers.

Everything's a pitch in sales. Everything's a spin. You keep the chaos coming and hope the machine moves fast enough so no one knows what hit them.

As with almost every job in existence, you have politics. Junior Telemarketers are supposed to have the opportunity to make calls to customers we set an appointment for and couldn't make it out to see for whatever reason. It's an easier sale, and if you set it, you get that commission.

Apparently, this perk is now reserved for one of our manager's younger brother and not the rest of the juniors. Guess who's getting all the loot?

I'm thankful for employment, but they're currently focused on overhiring and creating an environment of high stress to keep that door revolving. More part-timers , low pay and no stability.

There is a feeling that everything could go away tomorrow.

If they're ever low on cash, they'll just take it from the lowest on the totem pole. – less

June 7, 2013

Yes, I’d hate to see you miss out! And this is the tone of the day, and the next day, and the next day. So you walk in a rookie needing a job, and you do your best every second; then you get promoted to a junior. Yes! Look at you, you’re doing so good; you set six appointments last week, got a pretty good paycheck, and got a promotion. And the managers are calling you a superstar, and life is good! Then you get your next paycheck, and you just know something must be wrong, but with a smile you ask a manager. “How come I didn’t get paid for the eight appointments I set last week, and why didn’t I get paid for my attendance bonus?” And the manager replay, “As a junior, you have to set ten (10) appointments, and be here for every shift, in order to get paid for any of your appointments, and any of your bonuses”. Imagine that: you get a promotion, your making the same kinds of phone calls, had a hard time setting six (6) appointments, now you have to set ten (10), you’ve never missed a day of work, and you don’t get paid for the appointments the you set; and you don’t get paid for your attendance bonus? So instead of making $320.00, you get $200.00! WELCOME TO K-DESIGNERS!!! "I’d Hate to see you miss out on the huge discounts during out anniversary sale!"

Finance associate (Current Employee), SacramentoApril 30, 2013
Pros: healthcare & benefits are good
I have worked at k-designers for two years and have enjoyed working in finance and other departments as needed. Everyone works closely together in order for clients to get the best service they possibly can. Job place is an enjoyable atmosphere in which to work in and there is room for advancement.
Motivating productive workplace with great management team.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 30, 2013
Pros: potlucks and great coworkers
Cons: short brakes and the fact that its not a permament job
A typical day at work considered from coming in and having our morning meetings to talk about improvements and the days goals. I learned a lot of information and experience from doing telemarketing how to deal with a variety of people on a daily bases and how to sell to them by word of mouth. The hardest part of the job was making convinsing the homeowner – more... that they needed our product so basically making the sale. The most enjoable part of the job was coming in and meeting my goal which made me proud. – less
Great company that cares about it's staff.
Sr Finance specialist (Current Employee), CorporateApril 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, paid vacation and sick time
Cons: paid holidays are few
Great place to work. I have been here for over 10 years and would not think of leaving even if I were offered more money somewhere else. There is a family atmosphere unlike any other company I have worked for.
I got good work expierence
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: woeked on salary and comission
Cons: not enough hours
I would come into work and clock in. Then get rite to work, through out the day the managers would be really energetic and helping pump us up and get us excited to sell as much as we could. I had fun there im a fast learner and was eager to give customers a good expierence and to get the job done.
Very productive and up beat work place!!!
Siding n Window Contractor /Production Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis ,MNApril 8, 2013
Typical day involves getting contractors loaded out with what ever they may be installing . Customer services issues are dealt with top priority . We have an outstanding team to work with .
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Assistant (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great atomosphere and great people to work with!
My experience with K-Designers has been very rewarding and challenging to me. I love the people I work with!
Relaxed Atmosphere
IT (Former Employee), SacramentoJanuary 25, 2013
Not a very stressing environment to work in. IT manager is specific in expectations and doesn't micro manage. Co-workers are hardworking and fun. Some weekend work expected but scheduled in advance.
n/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 28, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Job was Okay just didn't like how we was calling people all times a day.
fun place to work
Telephone sales (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 26, 2012
i loved this job..very fun and entertaining. if you love sales then this is the place for you
Scam Stay away
Marketing Director (Former Employee), SacramentoSeptember 16, 2012
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. no morals or ethics
No servive or direction with goals

What goals ??????
Offered position
offered position (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2012
Cons: none that i have not explained
This is a company that I would describe as vultures when it comes to their way of interviewing and then misleading what they are offering. They are a throw as many reps against the wall company and see who sticks. No training, no base salary to get started...they simply hang you out on your own. Best of luck to anyone who wants to join this company – more... in this economy. Watch how many times they are looking for new employees-says everything. Ask them about their turnover rate.horrible. – less
Great company with potential for high earnings.
Market Manger (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORAugust 10, 2012
Pros: great product and company reputation
Cons: long hours no travel expense, and no benifits
At this time even with an excellent product and great references it takes a great deal of traveling within WA and OR. The ability to achieve above average earnings 100k+ possible within a few years as referrals and experience add up. A great two week sales training provided (unpaid).