K-DESIGNERS Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Typical Day at Work: No Support

What I learned: People are very shifty and lie a lot, they also pretend to have experience they don't have. Mainly, from the accounting dept.

Management: Very Poor

Workplace Culture: Horrible

The Hardest Part of the Job: Having to be there

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Leaving for the Day
they train you pretty well
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAJanuary 5, 2017
they train you pretty on how to sell house remodeling stuff.. some people get it and are successful, others not as much. The people are nice that work there.
Nice place if your ready
Telemarketers (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
This job is a fast pase and no drama kind of telemarketing job. My time there was so drained and if you can't get how things work ,they don't show you how they just fire you. Others say its a good place to get fast money. But if your looking for long term this is not the place
Pros
Fast money
Cons
Not enough time to learn the job
Great company to learn the home improvement industry
Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 4, 2016
Company paid for training and was very supportive in learning the business. Rewards for being top rep and provided all leads.
very abusive employer
In-home sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 8, 2016
I was hired for full time. Their full time is over 120 hrs a wks. great commission structure, however they never pay until jobs was installed, then they steal 90 of commission.
The normal salesman last 3 weeks.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING WORK FROM 8AM TO 11PM FOR $200.
Cut throat
Appt Setter (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMarch 1, 2016
One or two managers are awesome but that doesn't make up for the overall experience. Messed up my paycheck almost every week and constantly had to make sure i was paid for everything. Even sales and hours. Made more working 3 days a week at $8hr than 5 days a week @ $10. Greed is 90% if the motivation of this company and when they are under pressure so are you. Which wouldn't be bad but the owner makes $1000s of dollars of a good appt and has the audacity to come in and offer $1 a lead/appt. Like really?
Pros
Hours/managers are flexible bonuses good when you actually get paid for them
Cons
Indescrepencies on check consistently. Constantly have to check if you were paid for everything
Great place to work!
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2015
You have the ability to spend time in the field engaging with clients and developing marketing agreements. Transparent commission structure.
Pros
High commission possibilities
Cons
A lot of traveling for those who do not enjoy it
i love working for my employer
Sales Appointment Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2015
I became a valuable asset to this company. Ive learned a lot and have excelled my skills in the customer service field. From learning how to deal with customers to discovering the customers needs, I have mastered this level of service and I am ready to advance my career opportunities.
Sitting at Desk, calling Homeowners
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CADecember 17, 2014
I would come into work, clock in, find a desk to sit at, sign in, and connect myself to the cold calling system and wait to be connected to a random house phone number. I would then have to ask a serious of questions to the homeowner based on the exterior of their house and try to persuade them into setting up a free house appointment for new sidings and windows for the house. The hardest part of this was getting myself passed "Yes, Mr/Mr.s______, This is Amanda calling with K-Designers...." people would immediately hang up or yell at you and then hang up. It was very frustrating because I did not feel like I was working or able to use all of the skills I have acquired from other jobs.
Pros
10 Min Break
Cons
Too much noise in work area
Different experience in assignments as well as environment daily
Dispatcher/Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 10, 2014
Typical day at work with this company consists; Upon clocking in you receive willing or not, an update of the internal office issues/drama through out the entire company for the first 30 minutes. Secondly, you inquire, while gathering necessary material needing the most priority attention, about where we are at concerning our daily appointment/sales goal(s) as well as changes in product and/or procedures that have been updated and/or changed from the day prior. The hardest part of the job is there is no opportunity for advancement, quarterly pay raises, or investment options, let alone our immediate upper-level management are not well versed in the operations and procedures needed to properly and accurately achieve company goals on a daily basis. Most enjoyable aspect of this job is I get a chance to work with some very interesting associates as well as the opportunity to assist the consumer with saving money as well as energy costs through the Home Improvement products offered.
Pros
Source of income for my family
Cons
Internal politics, employee not appreciated, many many more...
Poor work environment
Outbound sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, caAugust 14, 2014
This company strives on stress and doesn't take care of it's employees needs.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
Lack of hours and pay
Productive and fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 19, 2014
A typical day consists of trying to make appointments for the product that we have available.
Pros
fun, prize competitions
Cons
Production based
Worst working envronment ever experienced.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 11, 2014
From day to day you didn't know when, or if, you were going to work. The "qualified leads" were bogus. You spent a lot of time going on appointments that didn't exist.
Out of Business?
Technical Sales / Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 6, 2013
Company is strugling exterior remodeling company focused on sales mostly. selling windows and siding may be difficult but the overall experience provided great training for entry level sales
boring and short days
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  gold river, caOctober 28, 2013
working there has been not what it thought it would be.. the people there are rude at times and your always on the line when you dont make a sale. its only and always part time not enough pay.
Strong training system / Good products / Good Commission
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 12, 2013
Morning meeting before going off to work a territory.
First lead given to you to do a in-home presentation.
3 to 5 hr avg presentation.
paperwork
Pros
Good commission % on sales and Good company
Cons
Traveling too much
Telemarketing isn't for everyone
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 16, 2013
I worked 4 days a week, 6 hours at a time, for $7.50 an hour + commission. I spent my days making cold calls to clients who didn't want to be bothered by telemarketers & therefore cursed at me, yelled at me, called me names, and/ or hung up on me.
Pros
Base pay, regardless of sales
Cons
rude customers, the pay, not many hours
waste of time
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 11, 2013
I don't recommend this job to anyone. Their employees are very unprofessional. It's like working alongside a whole bunch of high school students. The managers are all rude.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Starts out positive then the management games begin.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova CAMay 1, 2013
Worked in the Telemarketing division.

Everything is subject to change at this company if you work the phones.

I believe that management tries to save money by taking away perks from telemarketing staff.

They have a $50 attendance bonus for perfect attendance. They took that away shortly after hiring 3 new managers, so I'm guessing they want to make up some of the money lost.

Now you must have 10 leads on the board to qualify for the bonus. Lots of luck making that happen.

When I first started and they needed more people, it was a really positive environment, but now they're using different tactics of management that aren't friendly anymore.

You cannot control certain random aspects of the job, and management acts as if you can.

Answering Machines and angry people hanging up on you and telling you immediately to put them on the do not call list. You get whole days of nothing but that. It's truly random, but some management beats you up about it being on you..that you can decide how big the paycheck is.

They took an hour off our schedule because they can. Now they're saying if you don't get a certain amount of leads by when they want it, they'll send you home "for training", which isn't paid for. Doesn't sound legal.

I think they want things to stay at a high turn over rate, because if everyone is fully trained but we're failing, who's fault is it? If they can keep enough people quitting, they'll always have people to train, and therefore, they're justified in having managers.

Everything's a pitch in sales. Everything's a spin. You keep the chaos
  more... coming and hope the machine moves fast enough so no one knows what hit them.

As with almost every job in existence, you have politics. Junior Telemarketers are supposed to have the opportunity to make calls to customers we set an appointment for and couldn't make it out to see for whatever reason. It's an easier sale, and if you set it, you get that commission.

Apparently, this perk is now reserved for one of our manager's younger brother and not the rest of the juniors. Guess who's getting all the loot?

I'm thankful for employment, but they're currently focused on overhiring and creating an environment of high stress to keep that door revolving. More part-timers , low pay and no stability.

There is a feeling that everything could go away tomorrow.

If they're ever low on cash, they'll just take it from the lowest on the totem pole.
Pros
You have a part-time job.
Cons
No stability. Mind games.
Finance associate (Current Employee) –  SacramentoApril 30, 2013
I have worked at k-designers for two years and have enjoyed working in finance and other departments as needed. Everyone works closely together in order for clients to get the best service they possibly can. Job place is an enjoyable atmosphere in which to work in and there is room for advancement.
Pros
Healthcare & benefits are good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K-DESIGNERS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7