The EMC SAN Storage Engineer is a senior technical resource for Storage Solutions and is responsible for the design, implementation, management, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of related technologies. In addition, this position requires broader knowledge of Information Technology at large, with an understanding of related disciplines and how they interoperate. The EMC SAN Storage Engineer is responsible for leading design, implementation and troubleshooting efforts. This engineer should have experience with Disk array configuration and management, microcode upgrades, SAN/SWITCH configuration and connectivity, zoning, ISL, Windows, Solaris, Linux, and AIX disk configuration and have experience with storage monitoring and management tools.
- Implement, maintain, and engineer storage systems, software, and data integration solutions to business technical problems through the use of COTS hardware and software.
- Participate in all phases of storage engineering, including design, analysis, and modeling at a highly technical level; analyze complex computer system requirements to provide integration and implementation support
- Analyze, design, test, document, and implement storage solutions for continuous data availability, integrity, storage and protection.
- Allocate storage to Windows servers using EMC tools
- Manage/implement advanced SAN storage provisioning/tuning
- Oversee and implement storage system upgrade and optimization strategies
- Ensure thorough implementation of security procedures through physical measures, operating system, and industry security standards.
- Develop, maintain, and manage standard operating procedures and configurations of the SAN/NAS environments
- Provide reports on storage utilization and uptime of the storage arrays and servers attached to SAN
- Conduct capacity planning reviews
- Develop strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application
- Provide technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues
- Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate
- Interact with vendors, other agencies, and others on behalf of the client.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Master's Degree preferred
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
- 5+ years of current/recent experience with EMC storage equipment in general, including specific knowledge or experience with EMC VMAX, VPLEX, Centera, Recoverpoint, and SAN Fabric Director Class Switch
- Knowledge or experience is highly desired with the use of NFS in VMWare, EMC Avamar, and Cisco UC
- Strong experience with EMC system best practices, design, implementation, upgrade, and management
- Strong subject matter knowledge in the storage field with familiarity with other related Information Technologies
- Strong understanding of major enterprise Windows operating systems
- Experience in technology management, analysis and administration.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, writing, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to interact, build relationships, communicate, and negotiate well with members of team and senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills, astuteness and the ability to effectively deal with conflict resolution.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation
The following certifications are required:
- SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE) certification
- SNIA Certified Storage Architect (SCCA) certification
- ECM Storage Administrator (ECMSA) certification
The following certifications are highly desired:
- ITILv3 Foundation Certificate
- Microsoft technical certification
Indeed - 30+ days ago
K2 Inc. is a premier, branded consumer products company with a portfolio of leading brands including Shakespeare®, Pflueger® and...