K. Hovnanian Companies

K. Hovnanian Companies Employer Reviews

Unprofessional, inconsistant, blaners
sales associate (Former Employee), lorain, ohOctober 11, 2014
Cons: unprofessional management
I worked for the company and from the start was unimpressed with its nanagement. Lack of experience, professionalusm, and a human resources nightmare. I worked for only 6 months in the lorain, ohio division and happily quit and took a position with another builder who runs circles around them. Its great to work for a company that has GREAT Marketing, – more... understands positionong, strategizing, and the concept of dressing professionally. – less
Team player, motivating, a good listener, detailed & organized, conflict manager
Homeowner Service Director (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 9, 2014
Responsible for all aspect of manging warraany with field managers and coordinators. Responsible for quality of homes and reported known defects.(see resume)
enjoyable
Community Construction Manager (Former Employee), TXMarch 5, 2014
This company is straight forward and values employee feedback.
Multi tasking, productive, detail oriented,
HOS Coordinator & Administrator to area VP (Former Employee), Edison N.J. 08820February 8, 2014
Pros: always learning new things, great benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons: job security was realated to the real estate market and the decline of new home sales.
I held 2 different positions at K. Hovnanian which included Homeowner Service Coordinator and Administrator to Area VP.
I experienced working with new homeowners and resolving any issues they were having in their new home, from changing a smoke alarm battery to troubleshooting structural issues, and everything in between. I would manage scheduling appointments – more... for 24 Service Managers and trades to meet with Homeowners for repairs to be completed.
Also I learned a lot about home sales, and construction to closing processes.
I enjoyed all my co-workers as every one of them brought different knowledge to the table.
I can not say there was anything difficult other than the declining new home sales and to watch many co-workers be laid off. In the nearly 8 years I was with K.Hovnanian I saw the company downsize from a group of nearly 7,000 to approximately 1,000 employees in my division.
Everyday was learning experience which made it the most enjoyable part of the job, – less
Wonderful work environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2012
Pros: helpful and fun group of talented professionals
I have worked for several builders and have never seem the teamwork and passion that I have experienced here. I love going to work every day.
A good entry level job.
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Edison, NJMay 17, 2012
Cons: low compensation.
Very organized, but the compensation was on the low side. Their processes were well explained and let you make decisions based on the process.
Many opportunities for growth in each department and throughout the company.
Construction Services (Former Employee), Raritan CenterDecember 25, 2011
There are training programs, internal resources available for self growth, self motivation to persue many opportunities within the company.
typical builder
Sales (Former Employee), IllinoisNovember 17, 2011
Pros: income potential
Cons: schedule
Besides the fact that it's very hard to sell homes in this market, the biggest drawback is that the schedule includes working every Saturday and Sunday until at least 6pm, plus meetings on days off and blocked out dates when you're not allowed to take your vacation. The company can place you wherever you are needed, regardless of commute, you have no – more... say. With the fall of the housing market, offices are barely staffed, doesn't feel safe for one female to be working alone late into the evening. – less

May 17, 2012

Comments relate to sales consultant positions;commuting remarks are not accurate as every consideration is given to the distance a sales associate lives from assigned community.

About K. Hovnanian Companies

You don't have to live in a hovel if you buy a Hovnanian. Hovnanian Enterprises designs, builds, and markets single-family detached – Read more