K. Hovnanian Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management and Training in Chantilly
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 10, 2016
15 sales members quit or forced out over a 2 year period. Such a breakdown in policy, professionalism and overall training. If you disagree with management you will be forced out, doubled up or out at a terrible site.
Cons
Investing in the employee's makes a difference
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my job especially the training we had this was value. I experienced the private sector starting with Town & Country -The Ryan Family owned and managed then transitioned to the corporate world of K, Hovnanian. Having the freedom to go above and beyond for each individual client made the difference, setting us apart was that family dream, Our construction became ordinary and the investment in there staff lost it's personal care, , I am dedicated and take pride in my work. I appreciated the job work didn't feel like work when you love establishing that time with the customer and getting to know the needs of others, and the family"s that came. I wish corporate company's had the same investment to the people who were there through the good times and bad. Dedicated was what I was until I became another number at the unemployment line.
Pros
Area and market price for compdtitive sales
Cons
laid-off from market conditions
Very rewarding
Director of Construction / Community Builder / (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Full charge of home building. Site work to completion. worked with some terrific people, who understood the clients needs . we always kept a 95% success rate
Pros
great people
Terrible Executive Management
Division Controller (Former Employee) –  EdisonSeptember 14, 2015
CFO is abusive and condescending. Promotions based on politics not skill sets or results.

The company has grown so large, it is unable to react. People are so intimidated, no one will make a decision for fear of termination.

Don't let your CFO bully everyone.....it's counterproductive. Consider he may actually be under performing and hurting your company's morale in one of the most important areas....Finance...
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Executive management is unprofessional
Liars, Manipulators, Backstabbers
Land (Former Employee) –  SEFLAugust 5, 2015
I have worked for multiple well recognized builders and this is the absolute worst ever. Take a long look at the amount of turnover in SE FL.
All of this the responsibility & failure of the division president.
Most horrible and mean place to work. Turn over of entire staff including management and senior teams any excuse not to pay bonuses and place is always a fire drill with no level of competence by the division president.
No support by the Management or corporate. Everchanging rules.
Tampa is also to blame as they are driving the bus.If you value your reputation do not work here. Also a HR nightmare. They have no idea whats going on or care about employees.
Pros
Long hours no rewards beat downs weekly
Cons
Sun up to midnight, no appreciation for any accomplishment
KHovnanian Florida
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaOctober 23, 2014
Be careful. They are dishonest and shows through individuals who work here. Some people here are good but demanding. Was a pleasure taking another position with another company. Be cautious...dishonest. Be cautious of internal staff they are rude and push back with rudeness when you simple want answers.
Don't know how some of them can sleep at night.
Pros
pay was good for the market
Cons
dishonest, used car salesman types, bleed your life.
Unprofessional, inconsistant, blaners
sales associate (Former Employee) –  lorain, ohOctober 11, 2014
I worked for the company and from the start was unimpressed with its nanagement. Lack of experience, professionalusm, and a human resources nightmare. I worked for only 6 months in the lorain, ohio division and happily quit and took a position with another builder who runs circles around them. Its great to work for a company that has GREAT Marketing, understands positionong, strategizing, and the concept of dressing professionally.
Cons
unprofessional management
typical builder
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 17, 2011
Besides the fact that it's very hard to sell homes in this market, the biggest drawback is that the schedule includes working every Saturday and Sunday until at least 6pm, plus meetings on days off and blocked out dates when you're not allowed to take your vacation. The company can place you wherever you are needed, regardless of commute, you have no say. With the fall of the housing market, offices are barely staffed, doesn't feel safe for one female to be working alone late into the evening.
Pros
income potential
Cons
schedule
Team player, motivating, a good listener, detailed & organized, conflict manager
Homeowner Service Director (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 9, 2014
Responsible for all aspect of manging warraany with field managers and coordinators. Responsible for quality of homes and reported known defects.(see resume)
Many opportunities for growth in each department and throughout the company.
Construction Services (Former Employee) –  Raritan CenterDecember 25, 2011
There are training programs, internal resources available for self growth, self motivation to persue many opportunities within the company.
Wonderful work environment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2012
I have worked for several builders and have never seem the teamwork and passion that I have experienced here. I love going to work every day.
Pros
helpful and fun group of talented professionals
A good entry level job.
Assistant Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 17, 2012
Very organized, but the compensation was on the low side. Their processes were well explained and let you make decisions based on the process.
Cons
low compensation.
Multi tasking, productive, detail oriented,
HOS Coordinator & Administrator to area VP (Former Employee) –  Edison N.J. 08820February 8, 2014
I held 2 different positions at K. Hovnanian which included Homeowner Service Coordinator and Administrator to Area VP.
I experienced working with new homeowners and resolving any issues they were having in their new home, from changing a smoke alarm battery to troubleshooting structural issues, and everything in between. I would manage scheduling appointments for 24 Service Managers and trades to meet with Homeowners for repairs to be completed.
Also I learned a lot about home sales, and construction to closing processes.
I enjoyed all my co-workers as every one of them brought different knowledge to the table.
I can not say there was anything difficult other than the declining new home sales and to watch many co-workers be laid off. In the nearly 8 years I was with K.Hovnanian I saw the company downsize from a group of nearly 7,000 to approximately 1,000 employees in my division.
Everyday was learning experience which made it the most enjoyable part of the job,
Pros
always learning new things, great benefits, amazing co-workers
Cons
job security was realated to the real estate market and the decline of new home sales.
enjoyable
Community Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 5, 2014
This company is straight forward and values employee feedback.

2.9