K12 Inc Employee Reviews

Great
Enrollment Consultant/Personal Admissions Liaison (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 15, 2017
Everything was great. A good place to work, people were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed coming into work everyday and there was a great management staff.
Okay place to work
Personal Admissions Liaison (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMay 28, 2017
This is an extremely stressful place to work, but it's because of the nature of the business. Things change constantly and employees are rarely warned ahead of time, often resulting in mistakes when working with families over the phone. The pay is good, coworkers are great, and if you can handle a call center environment where communication is often difficult, it can be rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, good pay, good people
Cons
Stressful, lack of communication
Productive and Fun
Personal Admissions Liaison (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMay 27, 2017
I absolutely loved working for K12, Work days almost always went smoothly, management is great at communicating with staff, The company also held tons of work and family oriented events for employees, benefits and pay was great.
Pros
Scheduled Breaks, Great Work Culture
Dedicated folks with a passion for excellence
Agile-Senior Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 7, 2017
K12 was a great place to work. Definitely offers flexibility and great work life balance. Work culture was great and folks are very easy to work with.
Starting Company
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Good starting out company. I would recommend this company to someone interested in the an online technology (education) company on the move. I only see them growing in the next few years.
Senior Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Good learning opportunities and exposure to different technologies. People that I worked with were amazing and fun to work with
Very flexible with working conditions, ability to choose your hours and location. No clear direction from management.
Great team.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 22, 2016
Fun work space, the office atmosphere is all about team work. Co-workers build friendships. The team loves to decompress the office by decorating for holidays.
Pros
fun place
Cons
long commute.
Used to be an honor to work at K12
Senior Manager, Information Specialists (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 26, 2016
Working to help develop and deliver groundbreaking online curricula for students was a lofty goal.

Unfortunately, the company now seems only in it for the money.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Turnover, Lack of direction
K12
Sr. Manager Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 9, 2015
Good people, bad management direction, losing money. no good benefits. Moral is not uplifted by management. Learned management.
Typical day at work with co-workers
Enrollment Special Projects/ Vendor Liaison (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of any job is working with fantastic colleagues and not only learning from them but teaching them new things as well to succeed as a team.
Fun place to work
Mergers & Acquisitions Intern (Current Employee) –  Herndon VAAugust 6, 2015
Nice place to work and nice people to learn from. The perks are nice ans competitive. Work from home when required is additional benefit.
I love getting to interact daily with students and learning coaches!
Virtual K-2 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJuly 28, 2015
Time manage daily administrative and teacher duties and tasks. Schedule and teach whole group and small group classes via Blackboard Collaborate. Schedule and facilitate monthly conferences with students and learning coaches. Create engaging lesson plans and activities using CC and TN State Standards. Attend weekly staff and PLC meetings. Alternate leading reading and writing PLC meetings. Collect weekly, monthly and quarterly data to check students progress. Adjust students small group schedule based on the results of the data. Encourage Study Island Pathway participation by sending monthly prizes for students who finish on time. Help students and learning coaches with technology and school procedures.Check student attendance and On Line School progress.
Pros
Relationships with students and parents.
Cons
Changing policies too often
Fun to work with
Technical recruiter (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 3, 2015
Excellent company to work with. Culture is awesome and people are really good. I have enjoyed working with them. Good management.
Great Company
Enrollment Consultant - Sales (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 1, 2015
Great paying entry level job to get your foot in the door, esp if you are a teenager, there's many positions in the company and a lot of room for growth.
Fun, upbeat work environment
Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 10, 2015
The teams are very competitive and hard working. I've learned to prioritize my day, handle myself in a stressful environment, maximize my potential.
Pros
Good employees, good pay. great benefits
Cons
Upward mobility
Pay is good
SEC - State Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Since employment job security has always been an issue. Pay is great. However the job itself is very stressful. Management seems to not care about how employees are treated. We work 9 hour shifts, some weeks they have taken our lunches down to 30 minutes, and have made 5 hours/week overtime mandatory or else penalized with "points". Telling us it "mandatory phone hours" instead of calling it "Overtime" so no one sue's the company. And the point system, that's another story, you are allowed 6 points until you are fired. If you have kids it's not ideal. On average you are expected to receive 50 calls/day. That doesn't sound like a lot, however we deal with compliance documents that are required by our school, so rarely do you get someone on the phone who is pleasant. Everything we do has to be reviewed, accepted by a supervisor so the process of EVERYTHING is incredibly slow and dysfunctional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good place to start your career
Product Marketing B2B Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Operates like a start up, so your projects can change without notice. Also opportunity to take on additional roles if you know who to talk to.
Home Health Aide
Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 21, 2014
I do vital signs BP, test sugar level, cook meals, make sure medication is taking, cleaning duties, and assist with personal hygiene

I've learned to be patient, as well as how to deal with difficult people, look for signs of discomfort.

I work alone there is no supervisor at the house with me and my client.

Not knowing what type of patient I will be dealing with.

Knowing that someone appreciate everything I do for them, knowing that I made a difference in someone life everyday.
Pros
I am able to make my own schedule
Cons
I am at risk everyday depending on the patients mood
Great business model
Manager, Central Region Finance (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 13, 2014
Currently working at this company. There is moderate travel, good management.
Avoid if you can
Personal Admissions Liaison/Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 25, 2014
Poor chances for advancement, constantly shifting job duties/responsibilities, upper management being sued by Education Dept in some states, and by share holders. A culture of no personal responsibility. Need I say more?
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
many