K12 Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, upbeat work environment
Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 10, 2015
The teams are very competitive and hard working. I've learned to prioritize my day, handle myself in a stressful environment, maximize my potential.
Pros
Good employees, good pay. great benefits
Cons
Upward mobility
Productive environment utilizing latest technology
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 20, 2012
A typical day at work included learning a new facets about the various systems used to manage an online school. Co-workers were upbeat and generally pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job was experiencing exponential growth in a short period of time. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills and applying existing knowledge to resolve issues and improve system performance.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
compensation
Pay is good
SEC - State Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 2, 2015
Since employment job security has always been an issue. Pay is great. However the job itself is very stressful. Management seems to not care about how employees are treated. We work 9 hour shifts, some weeks they have taken our lunches down to 30 minutes, and have made 5 hours/week overtime mandatory or else penalized with "points". Telling us it "mandatory phone hours" instead of calling it "Overtime" so no one sue's the company. And the point system, that's another story, you are allowed 6 points until you are fired. If you have kids it's not ideal. On average you are expected to receive 50 calls/day. That doesn't sound like a lot, however we deal with compliance documents that are required by our school, so rarely do you get someone on the phone who is pleasant. Everything we do has to be reviewed, accepted by a supervisor so the process of EVERYTHING is incredibly slow and dysfunctional.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
I love getting to interact daily with students and learning coaches!
Virtual K-2 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJuly 28, 2015
Time manage daily administrative and teacher duties and tasks. Schedule and teach whole group and small group classes via Blackboard Collaborate. Schedule and facilitate monthly conferences with students and learning coaches. Create engaging lesson plans and activities using CC and TN State Standards. Attend weekly staff and PLC meetings. Alternate leading reading and writing PLC meetings. Collect weekly, monthly and quarterly data to check students progress. Adjust students small group schedule based on the results of the data. Encourage Study Island Pathway participation by sending monthly prizes for students who finish on time. Help students and learning coaches with technology and school procedures.Check student attendance and On Line School progress.
Pros
Relationships with students and parents.
Cons
Changing policies too often
Typical day at work with co-workers
Enrollment Special Projects/ Vendor Liaison (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of any job is working with fantastic colleagues and not only learning from them but teaching them new things as well to succeed as a team.
Fun to work with
Technical recruiter (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 3, 2015
Excellent company to work with. Culture is awesome and people are really good. I have enjoyed working with them. Good management.
Fun place to work
Mergers & Acquisitions Intern (Current Employee) –  Herndon VAAugust 6, 2015
Nice place to work and nice people to learn from. The perks are nice ans competitive. Work from home when required is additional benefit.
Avoid if you can
Personal Admissions Liaison/Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 25, 2014
Poor chances for advancement, constantly shifting job duties/responsibilities, upper management being sued by Education Dept in some states, and by share holders. A culture of no personal responsibility. Need I say more?
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
many
Great Company
Enrollment Consultant - Sales (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 1, 2015
Great paying entry level job to get your foot in the door, esp if you are a teenager, there's many positions in the company and a lot of room for growth.
Fun place to work for
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 14, 2013
Open office, review phone message and faxes from prior day, monitor attendance for students logged in and update attendance, call parents for which students were not logged in to find out why they were not logged in, compare spreadsheet from the day before to the present day, send email and place phone call to parents when students have 3-5 consecutive absences, set up an over the phone or virtual conference to find solution and to set up goals, sent truancy letters to parents which all steps have been taken and no progress has been accomplished, send information to truancy officer for officer to take action, update spreadsheet and send report.
One thing I enjoy at this place was the interaction with students of all ages and all cultures.
Pros
travel to different cities in texas both for fun and for work.
Home Health Aide
Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 21, 2014
I do vital signs BP, test sugar level, cook meals, make sure medication is taking, cleaning duties, and assist with personal hygiene

I've learned to be patient, as well as how to deal with difficult people, look for signs of discomfort.

I work alone there is no supervisor at the house with me and my client.

Not knowing what type of patient I will be dealing with.

Knowing that someone appreciate everything I do for them, knowing that I made a difference in someone life everyday.
Pros
i am able to make my own schedule
Cons
i am at risk everyday depending on the patients mood
disorganized and no career advancement
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 17, 2013
People are nice, but overall a pretty chaotic work place. The management team is changing constantly. My colleagues are nice, but the supervisor is not supportive. The best part about the job is it is a virtual company so some employees can work from home.
Pros
can work from home
Cons
no supportive top management
productive and competitive place to work
ENROLLMENT QUEUE LEAD-SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 22, 2014
most enjoyable part of the job are the people and the fast paced environment. there are always problems to resolve and things to learn. it is a good place for advancement.
Online Math Teacher
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 26, 2013
I work online providing math instruction to students all over the state of WV and SC. I also keep in daily contact with students, mentors, and other staff members of K12.

It's a great job (especially for those looking to work at home). I love helping students with math and working with mentors to ensure student success. The math department is vast but very supportive and the regional managers are wonderful. I love this job!!!
Great business model
Manager, Central Region Finance (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 13, 2014
Currently working at this company. There is moderate travel, good management.
Good place to start your career
Product Marketing B2B Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Operates like a start up, so your projects can change without notice. Also opportunity to take on additional roles if you know who to talk to.
ok place
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 7, 2014
K12 is an educational provider for kindergarten through High school students. It originally started as a content provider but now the focus is managing charter and virtual schools.
Poor Management
Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Company has fell apart from the beginning, use to be great to work for, now it was a struggle to work with the incompetence .
Cons
unorganized
Great work culture
Associate Business Analyst, Product Devel opment (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 7, 2012
dynamic work environment
fun place
chilled co workers
good vision
Conservative
Major Metro Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 4, 2013
Conservative company. Not very well organized. A lot of wasted money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K12 Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9