K12

K12 Employer Reviews

Lofty demands placed with little to no instruction, unclear expectations, no student accountability
Spanish Teacher (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: implementation of new procedures/policies with no clear expectiations/training
This school's atmosphere has changed dramatically in the past year. Teachers are constantly being inundated with new policies & procedures without much clear understanding as to why or how to properly & effectively implement them. In turn, teachers are being blamed & castigated for being non-compliant.
I've had to spend more time creating sheets to collect & maintain student data that I've actually spent teaching.
Administration is not knowledgeable
Progressive and Cutting Edge
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: positive educational experience
Cons: do not get to meet all of the parcipants personally
K12 is a great company. It has opened the door for many students that do not thrive in the normal public school setting. It affords them the ability to obtain an education within the security of home for various reasons. It also gives parents the opportunity to be more involved in the actual scholastic development of their child which is a benefit of all involved.
Great company with ease to work with management
Math Teacher (Current Employee), OnlineFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: people and pay
Haven't been with the company for too long, but so far everyone at my level and above me have been great to work with.Extremely flexible and friendly.

Pay is comparable with other education levels.
Temporary assigment to support peak
Document Processor (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: really liked the work
Cons: cramped conditions
I got the wrong address and arrived late for my first day at work. Which led me being constantly reminded to be on time, that got to be annoying.

Having records and information experience I looked forward to and enjoyed examining the documents. Quickly reading a document and looking for errors, omissions and approving the documents was exciting. Developing familiarity with the states and regions compliance policies was challenging in the beginning.

Hearing the other temps complain how tedious the work was grated on my nerves. Being in a conference room with 40 workers and sharing a table with 3 other employees was nerve wracking.

There was no place to put my bags, except the floor. I could hear the music from co-workers earphones.

The company served free food. The updates are posted with no email alerts, which led to conflicts and confusion in the document processing would occur.
Fast-paced, team oriented call center
Personal Admissions Liaison (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working at K12. Though there was a lot of information to learn in a short period of time, the support, information, and tips from seasoned employees helped shape me into a confident and knowledgeable representative. So much so, that I was able to help train new employees within months of my start date.

Working for K12 was rewarding in that I felt satisfaction knowing that I was able to help parents better understand how K12 works while helping them enroll their students with the online school.

My co-workers made going to work fun and exciting. We worked well together to achieve and maintain a positive experience for our customers.

While at K12, I was able to stregthen many skills including communication, computer skills, building and maintaining positive relationships with customers, and more.
Great environment
Product Development Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2014
Great people and friendly work environment. Hours are flexible with abilities to work from home occasionally. Deadlines can be rough, but the work es very rewarding.
Great place to start your career off in the corporate atmosphere.
Personal Admission Liaison (Contractor) (Former Employee), Herndon, VANovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great people, and relaxed environment.
Cons: short breaks, bad communication between departments that are suppose to be working together.
Great place to start your career and get a better sense of what you, as an individual, want your identity to be in the customer service industry.
good
Personal Admissions Liasion (Current Employee), Alcoa, TNOctober 27, 2014
good place to work, co workers are friendly. good atmosphere.. good pay,
Only if you really need a remote job...
teacher (Current Employee), remote, pennsylvaniaSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: most of your coworkers are reasonable, and you work from home
Cons: pretty much everything else
You get to work from home, which is good. Management is so far removed that they really don't know what you do/don't do. Pay is pretty bad for the education field, especially considering the fact that the demands placed on you include tasks that would be in a much higher salary range. Executive leadership is out of touch and struggling to protect their own interests, and constantly throwing the rank and file under the bus.

Then there are the boiler plate complaints: management doesn't understand what your job is, they only look at data; little opportunity for advancement; constantly changing directives; pay is low, very low; management is very inconsiderate of the staff/faculty; lack of professional courtesy and positive culture; etc.

Honestly, the best part of the job would be your students. The worst is the adults. However, I understand that in certain life situations this could be a very attractive job offer. Many people work from home to take care of their kids, offer elder care, travel, run their own home businesses, etc.
Great organization to work for....
Program Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: k12's practice is working smart, being teachable and following suggestion.
Cons: not all participants agree with this underlying principle.
The Founder of K12, Inc. understands clearly the necessity to innovate. He continues to take lead in piloting new ventures and I proactively support leaders who expect more of themselves then others. Great leadership avoids pointing fingers, always being the better example to every organizational member.
A great learning experience.
Enrollment Consultant (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMay 28, 2014
Pros: experience, mentorship
Cons: incentive decrease
K12 started off as a sales position with wonderful incentives that were attainable if one was able to work hard. Within the past 6 months, there has been a lot of change in management and in culture. I value my time there, as I have gained professional experience in customer support and in general office experience, the opportunity to advance and grow professionally falls short as so many peers have moved on to other ventures.
Great place to work rewarding the work with free lunch once a week and dinner for late workers.
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner on selected days
Cons: no benefits and job no job security
Everyone had there own stations and met there targets. The atmosphere was great with the Supervisor on hand and constantly setting competitions between the other coworkers. Great prizes like Red skins tickets etc. Monday and Wednesday Lunch was provided and Dinner on some nights if you stayed late. The hardest was to ensure that parents submitted the paper work for admission on time else they had to be told they were late and have to wait until next semester.
Enjoyable was overtime with a select crowd and challenges.
Needs improvement
Sr.Fin Ana (Former Employee), CorporateMarch 18, 2014
Pros: have a job
Cons: job you don't enjoy
Does not promote from within, poor to no work culture. Professional dev is hard to come by, morale needs work, very less time with management and communication needs work.
no work life balance
PAL (Former Employee), HerndonMarch 13, 2014
Pros: when i got off work
Cons: everything
This place was horrible +Herndon 5rh fl) they actually have TV screens up with everyone's name to show whose running late to and from break. Most of the workers will even tell you....leave as soon as you can find another job
Specializing on Under Appreciation and sucking the life out of valuable employees until they leave
Enrollment (Former Employee), Herndon, VADecember 9, 2013
Pros: entry level staff and team leads all have fantastic energy and hunger
Cons: herndon 5th floor enrollment upper management under qualified and underproduce, while causing a toxic work environment
The Director with the most influence really has minimal true experience or product knowledge, and the company saw the repercussions of having someone like her in charge this past season. A large percentage of the legacy knowledge was either pushed out or left on their own prior to Aug1 of 2013 for a reason, and with that, the lack of true leadership and business savvy drastically impacted results. Hopefully K12 board members are intelligent enough to realize what cards they're left with, fold on their useless Upper management members, and reshuffle their deck. Otherwise- not looking good for a company that's buying back stick from their current employees!
What I've learned
Private School Enrollment Consultant (Temp) (Former Employee), Reston, VANovember 21, 2013
Pros: occasional catered lunches
Cons: heavy volume phone calls
K¹² is a curriculum developer and provider committed to excellence in education. It is our goal to provide any child with exceptional and meaningful curriculum and tools that allow him or her to maximize the potential for success in life, regardless of geographic, financial, or demographic circumstance.
Productive place to work for
Admissions Consultant, (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2013
Pros: potlucks
Cons: we got laid off
I enjoyed the work environment and the we all a team it was fun place to work. We spoke with people from different parts of the US.
Facilitated learning and development by adequate mentoring
Marketing and Enrollment Intern (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 6, 2013
Pros: advance in my career experience
Cons: pay rate
* receive applications
*process information
*scheduled callbacks
*personal interviews & tours
*exhibiting and marketing
K12/Aventa Learning
Online English Teacher (Current Employee), USAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: home when kids are home
Cons: advancement not as fast as indicated; work summers.
I love online teaching. I teach middle and high school English and technology.
Take chance with caution
Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee), HerndonFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches during busy quarters, compensation, helping family's that really care
Cons: poor work/life balance, management, revolving door employment, nasty callers
Coworkers made this place fun but it gets old after repeating yourself day after day! Management doesn't really help and its all about numbers. The family's that you talk with that really care and the compensation are the best parts. If you're looking for a good paycheck but don't care about repeating yourself and poor management, go here. I know a lot of people who have left after myself.

About K12

K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online – Read more