K4 Solutions, Inc, has a contract to supply staff and services in support of the Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in Rogers, Arkansas.
This is the advanced Master level in the General Clerk Series. The duties assigned to a General Clerk III are assigned with only general instructions as to procedures to be followed and the results expected and these results are generally reviewed on completion of the assigned tasks. A General Clerk III differs from the General Clerk II in the greater complexity of assigned duties and the greater independence exercised in completing assignments. A General Clerk III may serve as a lead worker.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for performing daily office tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties, using a computer terminal, typewriter, and other word processors
- Follows organization and department procedures to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- May direct and lead the work of others
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence
- Selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures.
Additional duties may include:
- Assisting in a variety of administrative matters
- Maintaining a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically)
- Verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness
- Handling and adjusting complaints
- Performs a variety of difficult and responsible clerical work, taking, checking and recording information
- Opens and disperses mail
- Checks records and forms for completeness and accuracy
- Makes appointments, answers telephones, and directs calls to proper sources
- Maintains files and filing systems
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal computer training an advantage
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
Criminal Background Checks and pre-employment drug screens may be required.
K4 Solutions (k4solutions.com) is an established Federal government contractor providing staff and services to numerous Federal agencies, including Health & Human Services, Commerce, Homeland Security, Agriculture, State, and others.
K4 employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and career development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Headquartered in Falls Church, VA, K4 is a woman-owned 8(a) SDB. Innovative and accountable, the K4 team sets goals, institutes performance...