KBR Employee Reviews

Found 1,321 reviews matching the search
Good and bad
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 21, 2017
Corporate management couldn't be any worse, leaving middle and lower front line supervisors trying to make gold out of hay. And the worker is the one that gets hurt in the end.
Pros
Pto time
Cons
Poor planning
good company
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
set up pipe for fit
read iso drawings
put together pipes
run lifts man lifts
and supports communicate with workers work
well with others and always be on time
Good company with not enough project work
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
This was a good company to work for aside from it's inconvenient location of being in downtown Houston, Tx. KBR did not have enough project work to keep me busy for long but I enjoyed working for the comapny because their projects were managed well and ran smoothly. They workded together as a team and the working environment provided enough privacy for me to be the most focused and most productive on the work that was given to me.
No Job Security
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
If you don't have a best friend high up at the company, they won't keep you employed.
This company now has zero work in the US, mostly because of poor client relations and failing to keep good employees.
productive and safe place to work
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXJuly 19, 2017
KBR is a really great place to work. Great staff and work schedule. very safe environment. KBR helped me gain more knowledge as a Journeyman Electrician which will help me in the future to perform better at my job.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
n/a
the job with KBR at Dupont would be better if it wasn't so cut throat
Boilermaker/Leadman (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 19, 2017
Work there only if there is nothing else.they will knock you down to size and if lucky may rebuild you.....but most of the time they just break you down.it is a paycheck and THEY DO WORK SAFELY
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
the supervision and the CLIQUE
The job duties are simple
Helper (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 19, 2017
A typical day is cool until the end of the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is sometimes the have big cookouts on holidays and they give out gift vard afterwards.
Pros
The have good healthcare.
Cons
It takes awile to get to work when traffic bad
Average
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXJuly 18, 2017
Kbr has pros and cons like any other company.
It is overall a decent company to work for. Excellent safety culture. Pay could be a little better, but a job is a job.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Vest
slow and fast pace at times
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 18, 2017
They will give you FRC coveralls for the job, some of the management is great most of it is not it's fast paced most of the time and the times that it is slow paced you still have to stay busy and find something to do.
Pros
extra 15min breaks when its to hot.
Cons
You have to be moving and busy all the time
Employee Valuing Company
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
KBR is a great place to work as it has recognized and rewarded me for my abilities for the last 28.5 years and has provided me with ever increasing responsibility on projects. KBR does value its people and is not just words but no action company.

With the introduction of Zero Harm KBR safety culture has been enhanced and is promoted through out the company both at the home office and the construction sites.

The numerous KBR process technologies there are plenty of opportunities to work on variety of projects.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Family oriented work place
Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 18, 2017
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the Government Services and Hydrocarbons sectors. KBR employs approximately 34​,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures)​, with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Iron and welding jobs
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2017
At a typical day at work we did jobs like iron working jobs , bolt up, demo, connecting and rigging, constructing welding jobs. Out of all that we did at work the most enjoyable part of it for me was welding.
good company
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 17, 2017
a good company to work for great heathcare, benefits, vacation pay. long term jobs are a plus. good pay. great people. they give their employees a safe workplace.
benefits
good
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 17, 2017
good company to work for. They had all material that was needed when needed and kept us busy. they offered nccer program to anyone wanting to try to move ahead
Pros
had good planning
Cons
bad parking
A typical day at work is process invoices, for payment.
Account Payable Subcontract (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 17, 2017
On my current job, I review all subcontractor invoices and check that they match the contract, before I process for payment. When the invoice has been ok for payment, I scan the invoice to the accounting department in India.
Learned alot with them and had some great leaders
Field Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2017
Had a great 4 years with them but it dosent look like they have to many jobs left around for a future career with them. So it time to move on and find another company to be a loyal worker and continue learning more
Productive And Fun place to work
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Nevada, IAJuly 14, 2017
Its a fun and caring environment, u get to get a brake more than most jobs, people are always helping you when you needed, staff are so friendly. Loved working for KBR Really good company to work for.
Pros
Healthcare ypu get to get brakes as needed
Army Contractor in Iraq
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clutch City, TX 77002July 14, 2017
Provided services to US and coalition forces in Iraq. Built and maintained roads, motor parks and physical security barriers. Worked minimum 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
Good
I & E Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 14, 2017
Worked at their job site at Koch Nitrogen Plant in Enid Oklahoma. Came in and had a safety discussion and filled out our TSTI. then went to work. Everyone there did their jobs and it went smoothing for me
Good job
Journeyman Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 13, 2017
It is a good job. But that's it. Its a job. Not a place you can retire. Unless you are moved to upper mangament. Then you can stay forever. Layoff a lot.
Pros
Work 4 days off 3.
Cons
Layoff all the time