KBR Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chalmette refining/ Chalmette La.October 31, 2016
Repairing pumps , reactor seals, Gear boxes, Precision shaft alignments, conveyors , packaging equipment , Valves, Hydraulics , pneumatic controls, new equipment installation as well as maintenance
Fun place to work good friendly environment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for KBR in Iraq. It was a pleasant work environment for me.The room accommodations was the best. We had three R&R's a year every three months.They really knew what they were doing to support the mission. KBR is a very good company to work for.
Great company, enjoyed my time there!!
Principal Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAOctober 18, 2016
I had the priviledge of working for a company that was everything I could invision in an employer, surrounded by a team of professionals I now call friends. We would start each day with our daily saftey meeting formatted so that anyone could bring their concerns and recognitions to the table. We were lead by some of the industries brightest leaders. Everyday was unique, i consider myself fortunate to have been selected to be a part of this team.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Out of it's element
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile County, ALOctober 17, 2016
I was contracted to perform IT work for a third party account. KBR is a construction contractor firm so the IT portion was an unknown area for them. The management was amazing and listened when there were problems, they went to bat for the employees when it was possible or necessary. Compensation and benefits were higher than average for the current market. Job Security and Advancement are atypical for traditional contract work, I was not offered any type of written contract which left me feeling as though they wanted an open ended contract to freely eliminate positions as it fit their current budget constraints.
Pros
great evironment to work in
Cons
no job security or advancement
world experience
Laborer/Food Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
i got to see alot of things working for kbr. have been around the world but to get a gdd start you either need luck, war, or a good education because its not easy getting ahead with the
Productive and very fast pace work environment
Piping Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXOctober 14, 2016
Overall good to work with the employees. The management team has been very helpful in teaching. This project has had a lot of ups and downs but continues to strife to make the finish date.
Good company to start your career
Intercompany Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
The work isn't very challenging and the managers just care that you show up to do your job. Not much opportunity for growth and employees were nice enough.
Very proffessional working attmisphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pass Christian, MSOctober 12, 2016
The working relationship between management and the staff was in the top 90%. All workers were committed to 100% efficiency in both their work and safety.
Pros
Occassionally we received free lunch.
Cons
Critized for taking breaks in the break room.
Not a work place to expend your experience
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 6, 2016
I work for seven years, one year at the office at Delaware and 6 years at a site at Dupont Manatí P.R. They never had a Human Resources expert dedicated to site committing big mistakes. once they cancel the contract with Dupont they never offer a relocation opportunity at the exit interview we had a contract prepared by KBR which did not allow us to return to work at KBR or its subsidiaries which is not fair for an employee with excellent assessments.
Pros
Cons
at the site the client determine we can not take breaks
Kbr
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 5, 2016
Working with KBR is a great company for advancement. Great working environment with co works. Good Team work within the company. Management gets back to you in a timely manner.
Good company with many benefits
Air Traffic Control Training Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
Good company that provides exceptional compensation for services provided. Benefits are exceptional, job security and advancement are always present. The work environment was friendly
Excellent Company
Key Project Lead Activities (Former Employee) –  Middle EastOctober 5, 2016
I enjoyed working with KBR, They are an excellent company to work for. They treat all everyone with respect from the customer to their employees. I enjoyed working with KBR.
Decent pay, good benefits, great opportunity
Document Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
Too bureaucratic. Too many fat cat middle managers. CEO seemed to have lost vision. Ceo was a VP at earlier company, saw an opportunity to ride the wave back up and make money for himself coz the earlier ceo bill utt screwed up and took the stock down. Unluckily for the new ceo the market conditions degraded and could never ride up.
good job good employees to work with
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2016
KBR was out at the BP plant which is very safety oreinted . The job was fine the hours were great 4 10's with over time help was there if you nneed it employers listened to you on concerns you nmight have had
Very Safe place to work and very good morale
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Great learning about research and development of new technology. My co-workers and management make it a safe and great working environment to make a living for myself and family.
Pros
The Hot Sauce contest.
Cons
health care benifits
Fast pace and challenging making this an ambitious work environment.
P&ID Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2016
Typical day consisted the many challenges of feed/pre-feed work while keeping up with demand of client deadlines. I've learned specifically how to utilize Smartplant P&ID along with auto-cad and micro station to create, modify, and to assure continuity in with all P&IDs. Management was consistent with allowing its people to be accountable for their work - establishing a responsibility that didn't need to be micromanaged. Colleages are always motivated and encouraged to take more challenging tasks to push ourselves. This provided a great work place environment for everyone allowing us to be a team. Although we all had different jobs to perform, we all had the same goal to achieve.
N/a
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job would probably be the co-workers. Its not a miserable place because you are bored and just tired and ready to go home. The people makes the day go by faster and you also have a productive day.
good learning place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 21, 2016
good place for people to get experience. long weekends unless working ot. ot is scarce. no room for advancement once you get to a certain point........
Work was in extreme temperature, work with great people
Customer Service Specialist, Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  UAE,September 20, 2016
The by which KBR, process individuals for tours in Iraq. was extremely efficient, Housing, Meals, transportation, and gyms were all supplied. Awesome opportunity.
Pros
housing, Meals, gyms, transportation, along helicopter rides, and hazard pay.
Cons
separation from family for long periods to time.
Enjoyed working with them
Construction Inspector Level (Former Employee) –  Leeds and BirminghamSeptember 16, 2016
Learned a lot KBR invest in their employees and I received a lot of training from them, it was a good job for me. I learned a lot about road construction and ALDOT accountability.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
none they were fair to me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2