KBR

1.2K reviews

KBR Employee Reviews

Decent company
Carpentry Helper up to April 2014 (Former Employee), Ingleside TxJuly 22, 2015
Took a while to get promotion and raise, but learned production and loading skills. Very safe and comfortable place to work
great ppl and staff
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: high risk job
the plant i worked in wasn't the cleanest but i like to get dirty.
every day was a new learning experience i was all ways on something new to electric moters, gears i mean a lot is the same on the way they run and hook up but each one had there own difference from water air and hydrological pumps moters and valves. i like the job for how good they treated you the work environment well you always had to be in a chemical suite and a resp-rater so it made things difficult to handle and maneuver equipment.
outstanding work safety
MHE Material Handling equipment operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free food, free sleeping quarters and great pay
Cons: none
Move material around for the client while I was working in Iraq. I operated machines from forklifts to Container handlers. I also use my skill as a rigger to help crane crews rig on barriers and other types of materials.
HORRIBLE CORPORATION TO WORK FOR
ANONOMOUS (Current Employee), KuwaitJuly 16, 2015
Awful Communiciation skills. Rude management team . Unexperienced hires. Unprofessional behavior. Very low pay in dangerous overseas locations
Avg pay w/ Zero Benefits
E&I Designer (Former Employee), DuPont, WVJuly 14, 2015
Cons: TSR never provides health benifits, 22k out of pocket, no method to get into KBR
Typical office environment, good way to learn procedures working on multidisciplinary projects. Accessible department head but HR and everyone else is out of state. Quality co-workers.
comfortable , safe place to work
pipe expaditor, level4 mechanic, material person (Current Employee), Orange, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: loyalty
Cons: break schedule could use improvement
well managed, family oriented environment, loyalty is a thing that still exists with these people, close knit co workers, laid back, not tense, very educational if your willing to learn
Excellent employee orientated company
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: 401K, Medical
Cons: Travel will be required
30+ years at KBR gave me the opportunity to see the world and work on many well managed foreign and domestic projects. Each of the projects differed and each was challenging and gave me the opportunity to refine my skills.

KBR is a company that allows you to advance as far as your skill and desire will take you.
easy going laid back atmosphere
Maintenance Mechanical Foreman (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
begin each day lining out the guys on their daily task. ensure we are doing the job the safest way possible, and schedule, estimate and review future jobs.
Good Hours and Good Pay
INSTRUMENT HELPER (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 8, 2015
Had a set schedule with little to no changes. Enjoyed the people I met there. Breaks were always on schedule. Got payed weekly.
good workplace provides training programs
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch break
Cons: short break
kbr is a good company starting as a laborer then helper 1 into a journeyman scaffold builder as a scaffold builder i had ti erect, dismantle scaffolds
Great Opportunity
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Great opportunity to showcase my skills and talents on a large scale of employers. Great management and award system. able to provide services to multiple armed forces around to world. Loved every minute of this job.
Production
Logistics Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee), New YorkJune 24, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: breaks
The Standards of Conduct set forth the Company’s firm commitment to high business and ethical standards. We are committed to operate with integrity, transparency and accountability. Additionally, we have a shared responsibility to maintain a healthy and safe workplace and lead environmental stewardship. Each of us has an obligation to uphold these principles and assume personal responsibility based on our core values of self-respect, respect for others and respect for the environment.
lean times call for exaustive workdays
IT Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxJune 24, 2015
The typical work day seems to be do more with less.
While the company is experiencing a lot of transformation and demand, there are less and less resources available to meet the demands. The workforce suffers as a result.
Productive and fun people
Quality Control (Former Employee), bagramJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part of job is temperature.Management are perfect.Co-workers are excelent.Food is great.Laundry is great.
good company
journeyman electrician forman (Former Employee), pascagoula msJune 22, 2015
it was a good company to work for, easy to advance up in the company, management respectful, normal work day was to supervise my team and make sure that things was done.
World Wide Travel Working with Company
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), World WideJune 22, 2015
Worked in many different places, a typical work week was 12 hour days 7 days a week, except when working in Houston location worked 40 hour week. Learned to work with military components and the hardest part of the job was being away from home so much. Seeing the world and the experience of working with so many different cultures was the most enjoyable part.
Lead Field Buyer (Former Employee), Al Anbar, IraqJune 19, 2015
Enjoyed working at this company, compensation was fair and work was good. Would love to work for this company again in the future.
Educational Job Culture
Pipe Fitter Helper (Former Employee), Borger, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Permissible Work Hours for Training
Cons: No Benefits Available
Usually would help set up welders and their work areas and if you were able to set the work area in a timely manner, some of the welders would teach the different meaning of the welds and how to make them. Management would check on a regular basis to see if we were all upkeep on safety equipment and the workers was always intrigue to teach you new studies physically and mentally. Hardest part about learning everything was in a short period of time. The most enjoyable part was being allowed to perform some of the job task for practice and training.
fun place to work
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: nice place to be all day
Cons: none
In the day i would bounce around the complex. Interacting with many customer and fixing their problems. My day would move very fast . And I in joyed working next my co-worker witch also made my day fun
KBR
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 14, 2015
I have learned a lot from my time with KBR. A typical day consists of managing the construction company's activities. I had great coworkers, and I was able to work under a PE leading to my PE.