KBR Employee Reviews

Needs changes
Pipefitter helper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2016
job was ok other than being told you will never move up in the company as a civil worker management needs to make changes and be more positive
Management experience
Mechanical QA (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 18, 2016
Was a real eye opener in trying out new systems on management supervising the contractors on site. Took awhile for the system to work and to progress with the new age of how the future projects will be handled.
A good place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Dirt (Former Employee) –  Park, TXNovember 30, 2016
a typical day at work loading trucks with dirt with the excavator.diging for new construction at the plant my management needed some help with his job co-workers where good to work with
very nice place to work for
Pipe Fitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2016
a typical day for me was a long one usually. I have learned so much from KBR about how the oil industry works along with various machines and tools i never even knew existed. Management was pretty decent except for some who would give people they liked better work for the day depending on how much they liked them. but otherwise really great management. the hardest part of the job was being outside in 100 degree weather wearing full coveralls, hard hat and gloves all day on some days. The most enjoyable part was the coworkers which made the days enjoyable and go by faster.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
sometimes working in a hot enviornment
Fun place to work
Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KuwaitDecember 25, 2016
I had an amazing time working for KBR while overseas in Kuwait. I worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. I learned a multi job functions. My management was extremely well versed.
An awesome company to work for.
Fire Chief (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
A fantastic company to work for! I was assigned at HQ as the Fire Chief overseeing the entire 3 country operation. Extensive travel with great pay and benefits.
Pros
Housing and all meals provided including travel pay three times per year.
Cons
Worked/lived in a wartime environment.
Rock & a hard place
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 9, 2016
Too much stress on management to get the job done quickly..but get it done safely. Hard to balance the two in a refinery setting. Focused on how many jobs get done in a day rather than just making sure the job was done correctly & safely.
great, productive and fun workplace
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
great work environment for professional growth and advancement. I was proud to be a part of the organization and I give it my utmost approval.
Senior Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
It's a great place to work as it has a good balance between professional and personal lives. The projects engineered are challenging and unique. Company provides lots of training and promotes social events to network.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Although the location is perfectly located in downtown, the buildings are outdated
being able to work and stay postive
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I would go back overseas, you have to be very strong person and being gone and in a war zone is not for many people. I have many skills and able to handle such condictions.
Pros
it is good money and benifits
Cons
not for everyone
Great Projects and People-Great Place to work!
Project Mgr/Sr Developer/Arch (IT Dir/Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed both projects on which my teams worked!

Great KBR leaders - Open to suggestions and ideas, Committed to making a difference, and improving processes and software/systems products making the company and groups more efficient!

Managed, architected, and developed major software development products (Procurement Compliance Project (PCA) and eSpector). Both completed within budget and timeline constraints. Risk Analysis, Lessons Learned/Project Closure, Deployment, and Post Go-Live Support completed as well.

Helped introduce and implement PMO!
Pros
Great People, Interesting Projects, Challenging Work
Cons
Reorganization caused minor disruption in 2007
Great company, enjoyed my time there!!
Principal Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAOctober 18, 2016
I had the priviledge of working for a company that was everything I could invision in an employer, surrounded by a team of professionals I now call friends. We would start each day with our daily saftey meeting formatted so that anyone could bring their concerns and recognitions to the table. We were lead by some of the industries brightest leaders. Everyday was unique, i consider myself fortunate to have been selected to be a part of this team.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Strong Communication
Construction Laborer, Lead Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Open communication with management. Expense reporting needs upgrade. Management shows interest in downstream workers, strong safety initiative throughout company.
Not a work place to expend your experience
Senior Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 6, 2016
I work for seven years, one year at the office at Delaware and 6 years at a site at Dupont Manatí P.R. They never had a Human Resources expert dedicated to site committing big mistakes. once they cancel the contract with Dupont they never offer a relocation opportunity at the exit interview we had a contract prepared by KBR which did not allow us to return to work at KBR or its subsidiaries which is not fair for an employee with excellent assessments.
Pros
Cons
at the site the client determine we can not take breaks
good learning place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 21, 2016
good place for people to get experience. long weekends unless working ot. ot is scarce. no room for advancement once you get to a certain point........
The project team was weve strong
Lead turnaround scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
The company's environment was very professional and the managers were concerned with producing top quality management control products. And we were responsible with interfacing directly with the client.
Pros
Good team to work with
Administrative Assistant III
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2016
I loved working at KBR, I learned so much about the Procurement process, and really got along with everyone that I worked with. The most enjoyable party was the team that I worked with. I learned how to do Change Orders, and Purchase Orders.

The hardest part of the job was knowing I was going to get laid off because of the Oil crisis, but not knowing when
Mostly pleasant people to work with.
Lead Cost Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
For the 32 years I worked with KBR, I enjoyed the people I worked around. I had opportunities to broaden my knowledge and skills with many challenges.
Pros
Opportunitites
Cons
Benefits have changed, which is not appealing to long term employment.
Great Company
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 19, 2016
been with KBR/BRIS for 19 years started out in the E&I department and got promoted throughout years from field foreman to Site manager. Management is open minded and hands on with the site.
No two days were the same
Project Security Manager (Former Employee) –  KosovoJanuary 7, 2017
No two days were the same during my time with KBR. I enjoyed the complexity of issues I had to deal with as well as the diversity of those I worked with. I've been fortunate to be part of several pivotal historic moments in Iraq, often seeing the battlefield closer and significantly longer than I did during Desert Storm.
Pros
Get to work in interesting places
Cons
Your job depends on contracts with the USG

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2