KBR

1.2K reviews

KBR Employee Reviews

Decent benefits
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LAMay 17, 2015
Pros: 401k with matching funds
Cons: Management and Safety need professionals at the helm.
Working maintenance at Dupont in Reserve. Pay is okay. No rain outs and decent benefits. Regular schedule is 4/10s with overtime from time to time and heavy OT during two shut downs per year. Management is not great but it doesn't affect us much. Safety is ALL about covering THEIR behinds. They don't really care about you. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Work gets done but we have a great time.
Awesome Pay
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 16, 2015
This was a difficult place to work at the time. The hours were 12.5 hours a day 7 days a week. There was only one bus to and from the compound where we worked. Internet and phone was only available on the compound where we worked. The only time available to communicate with family back in the states was during breaks. But even then, supervisors did not want employees using work computers for personal communications. The living area did not have internet or phone capabilities so the only time we could communicate was during duty day. Breaks were too short to accommodate communicating with family or taking care of personal business and eating.
Typical company
Industrial Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Chambers WorksMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work
co workers are skilled
Make shore proper paper work and permits are in place to complete the job
Read and follow blue prints
Gather materials and tools
clime if needed
Run necessary equipment
I had great success while working for KBR. I felt a sense of accomplishment every day.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Texas City, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexable Schedule
Cons: None
Verify with client operations group if they need anything addressed.
Review SAP backlog for any priority items that need attention and begin processing on that. Then search the routine items backlog and select items by priority then date and work at those items.
By halftime of my shift I would devote some time to working the next weeks schedule by priority and date.
I have to be one that sees the positive side of everything. I have thoroughly enjoyed all me coworkers, some have even become life long friends. I enjoy the prospect that every time I plan a job I see it as if my family is working it and install safety as the priority 1st and quantity 2nd. When the job plan is done efficiently then it will produce the productivity.
Learning inviroment
Pipefitter Helper 4 (Current Employee), Belle, WVMay 15, 2015
Pros: Safe work inviroment.
Cons: Health insurance could be better.
The workweek is only 4 10 hour days so you spend time with family. You are able to get material to work with in a timely manner.
Iraq
Generator Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp liberty, IraqMay 13, 2015
Pros: food, pay
Cons: worked 7/10 days
Worked 7/10 days, was OK, Mgt was good..not a bad job ..good company..they cared about you and your health. Met some nice people there..food was good
Busy and hard company to work for.
Top Electrician Helper (Current Employee), Waggaman, LAMay 7, 2015
Unsafe work practices at this company. Love the team I work with just don't agree with management a lot of times. Production is a must but at what cost.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Donaldsonville, LAApril 30, 2015
Great place to work. Love the job. room for improvement. If you work hard, you can excel at this place. that is all for now.
Good place to work. Team
SUBCONTRACTS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: supportive enviroment
Cons: long hours
Fast past enviroment. Lost of learning tools available online. Training sesions are scheduled frequently. Management is very supportive. Co-workers area very supportive and team oriented. The hardest part of the job is the long work hours but the in return you get one day off every second week. So, it is a trade off. Friendly environment with a sense for humour.
Excellent Place to Work
Control Systems/Instrumentation Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Nice People to work with. Very helpful. Very nice work culture. Flexible work hours. Great benefits. Not much training provided.
KBR and working with them
Millwright General Foreman (Former Employee), Jackson, ALApril 29, 2015
Pros: value there employees
Cons: none
The people in Jackson are the example of how this industry should be. They are great people with a wealth of general knowledge and care for there employees! I just cant say enough!
Great Place to work
Safety Technician (Former Employee), HoustonApril 28, 2015
Conducting walk through and interacting with co workers, I learned that everyone has their own interesting way of working and handling problems at work. Management was great and addressed every issue and concerned
Great place to work with highly experienced professionals.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 20, 2015
KBR is a great place to work and I have learned a lot since I began working here almost 2 years ago. However, business has recently slowed down due to oil exploration projects being cut due to the non-profitability of oil in the USA.
Productive and having outing and get together once in a while
E/I Hazardous Area Equipment INSPECTOR (Current Employee), QINGDAO, CHINAApril 19, 2015
Pros: free accommodation, meals allowance
Cons: health care
In a days work, all started with the safety meeting and all concerns about the whole safety of the workers. And always be at good and positive desposition to meet with the co workers and colleague to have a productive environment. The hardest part of the job is the communication, when you are working in a multinational and multilingual working condition. But there is always a solution to all problems. The most enjoyable is when you inter act with the people around and exchange ideas and new phrases of their language you can use on day to day work.
a great place to work
Security/Electrician Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: very demanding
hot and very demanding but we got the job done every time.
I love the pressure there. I loved the people there that I worked with we where a true team in every since.
Focused around safety
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee), Longview, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Safety Program
Cons: Lack of room for advancement
I feel that KBR's safety program is very effective in the way they bring workers and supervisors together to recognize its importance and dedication to safety,
Not to bad
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Lots of Money
Cons: Have to travel for work!!!
Would consider working for them again!!! Safety was very poor with this company. Management needs to communicate better with employees.
Good work place
Scaffold Builder, Fire Watch, and Labor (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 26, 2015
10 to 12 hour work days. I learned how to build scaffolding. The management was good. Some co-works was bad but most was good. Hardest part of job was the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being at work.
It's mis-managed, brother inlaw advancement system.. No direction
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the pay checks cash.
Cons: ABSOLUTE CONFUSION
KBR is a huge company, but the right hand doesn't know what the left hands doing. The management has spent so much time giving Kin, Brother-inlaws,and Relatives positions that most are not qualified instead of moving people up that earns it. Most projects are family or close kin... No one is ever mining the store... And at the end of the projects when it's time to do punch out and turn it over to the costumer...the good ole boys leave the mess for others to take the blame and there off to repeat the process....NO INTEGREITY!!! NO PLANNING!!!!
great work
top help (Former Employee), west palm beach FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, learn alot
Cons: lack of food/snacks, never any tp
You start the day off with a safety meeting in witch you have the chance to speak your concerns, safety is key in this line of work.