KBR

1.2K reviews

KBR Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Team
SUBCONTRACTS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: supportive enviroment
Cons: long hours
Fast past enviroment. Lost of learning tools available online. Training sesions are scheduled frequently. Management is very supportive. Co-workers area very supportive and team oriented. The hardest part of the job is the long work hours but the in return you get one day off every second week. So, it is a trade off. Friendly environment with a sense for humour.
Excellent Place to Work
Control Systems/Instrumentation Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Nice People to work with. Very helpful. Very nice work culture. Flexible work hours. Great benefits. Not much training provided.
KBR and working with them
Millwright General Foreman (Former Employee), Jackson, ALApril 29, 2015
Pros: value there employees
Cons: none
The people in Jackson are the example of how this industry should be. They are great people with a wealth of general knowledge and care for there employees! I just cant say enough!
Great Place to work
Safety Technician (Former Employee), HoustonApril 28, 2015
Conducting walk through and interacting with co workers, I learned that everyone has their own interesting way of working and handling problems at work. Management was great and addressed every issue and concerned
Great place to work with highly experienced professionals.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Newark, DEApril 20, 2015
KBR is a great place to work and I have learned a lot since I began working here almost 2 years ago. However, business has recently slowed down due to oil exploration projects being cut due to the non-profitability of oil in the USA.
Productive and having outing and get together once in a while
E/I Hazardous Area Equipment INSPECTOR (Current Employee), QINGDAO, CHINAApril 19, 2015
Pros: free accommodation, meals allowance
Cons: health care
In a days work, all started with the safety meeting and all concerns about the whole safety of the workers. And always be at good and positive desposition to meet with the co workers and colleague to have a productive environment. The hardest part of the job is the communication, when you are working in a multinational and multilingual working condition. But there is always a solution to all problems. The most enjoyable is when you inter act with the people around and exchange ideas and new phrases of their language you can use on day to day work.
a great place to work
Security/Electrician Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: very demanding
hot and very demanding but we got the job done every time.
I love the pressure there. I loved the people there that I worked with we where a true team in every since.
Focused around safety
Electrical Foreman (Current Employee), Longview, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Safety Program
Cons: Lack of room for advancement
I feel that KBR's safety program is very effective in the way they bring workers and supervisors together to recognize its importance and dedication to safety,
Not to bad
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Lots of Money
Cons: Have to travel for work!!!
Would consider working for them again!!! Safety was very poor with this company. Management needs to communicate better with employees.
Good work place
Scaffold Builder, Fire Watch, and Labor (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 26, 2015
10 to 12 hour work days. I learned how to build scaffolding. The management was good. Some co-works was bad but most was good. Hardest part of job was the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being at work.
It's mis-managed, brother inlaw advancement system.. No direction
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the pay checks cash.
Cons: ABSOLUTE CONFUSION
KBR is a huge company, but the right hand doesn't know what the left hands doing. The management has spent so much time giving Kin, Brother-inlaws,and Relatives positions that most are not qualified instead of moving people up that earns it. Most projects are family or close kin... No one is ever mining the store... And at the end of the projects when it's time to do punch out and turn it over to the costumer...the good ole boys leave the mess for others to take the blame and there off to repeat the process....NO INTEGREITY!!! NO PLANNING!!!!
great work
top help (Former Employee), west palm beach FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, learn alot
Cons: lack of food/snacks, never any tp
You start the day off with a safety meeting in witch you have the chance to speak your concerns, safety is key in this line of work.
Safe
Rodbuster (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work begins with our safety meeting because safety is the number 1 goal on all construction sights. Secondly, we get a plan work that plan safely by eliminating all hazards. thirdly, we come to gather as a team to be our brothers keepers because all eyes are better than 2 eyes. I learned that if it doesn't matter how much experience you have, you are still learning everyday. Management protects us make sure that we go home the same way we came to work. My co-workers all work together looking out for one another. Is leaving because the atmosphere is awesome. Is when we can be safe, laugh, and smile to create a safe work place for everyone.
good place to work
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great bosses
very good company to work for good manigement steady work flow and good team work they always keep there people informed and and there pay is competitive all ways willing to teach you something new
Multicultural company with vast global work challenges in local and remote parts of the world. Exposed to various types of industries.
Sr. Graphic Designer Proposals (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: working in a global environment
Cons: lay offs
A typical day at work consists of graphic design skills being used for proposals and presentations. Past work also included graphic design skills used for large format and marketing projects. My job required working with writers, proposal managers and engineers. A very diversified group of individuals with left and right brain thinking and ideas. This required assimilating these ideas through execution to desired finished products.

What I learned was to use both sides of my brain to accomplish what my internal clients wanted to their satisfaction. I also oversaw the work of junior graphic designers in developing their graphic design and people skills.

The hardest part of my job was to help the more linear thinking non visual clients in providing them ideas that they could understand. Which usually meant nearly producing a final product for them to see before completing the project or product.

The most enjoyable part of my job was providing quality products that met the clients desires and expectations.
SAP FICO consultant
SAP FICO functional consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
• Gathered business requirements for enhancement of existing SAP reports and Z reports.
• Created functional specs for enhancement and customization of Z reports, worked along with ABAPer to create logic for the Z reports and performed system integration testing, created UAT scripts.
##
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: mandatory 65 - 70 hour work weeks
International Recruiter LOGCAP lll. Vetted and hired Expat and Foreign Nationals to work on Foreign Operating Bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Rodbuster/Reinforced Structural Ironworker (Former Employee), Borger, TXMarch 15, 2015
GREAT COMPANY ,SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT, HAZARDS VIEWED DAILY . PEP ISSUED FRS ,GLOVES , EYE WEAR, HARD HATS, HARNESS AND LANYARDS . EVEN ENCOURAGE TO GRT CERTIFIED IN VARIOUS SKILLED TRADES.
Business Vision
Commissioning Principal Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: one kbr, zero harm goal and management belief
Cons: vacation short.
KBR is a good company to work for, professionally managed and colleagues are supportive. Townhall meetings were able to communicate the business essentials to employees. New business strategies have been streamlined and business transformation has been proposed and will be well executed in the coming years. Hopefully to see excellent business results.
Productive and clean workplace.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2015
Productive, fun and clean workplace. I enjoyed working with this company. They are concerned about their employees. Very good company. I would recommend them.