KBR

1.2K reviews

KBR Employee Reviews

Safe
Rodbuster (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work begins with our safety meeting because safety is the number 1 goal on all construction sights. Secondly, we get a plan work that plan safely by eliminating all hazards. thirdly, we come to gather as a team to be our brothers keepers because all eyes are better than 2 eyes. I learned that if it doesn't matter how much experience you have, you are still learning everyday. Management protects us make sure that we go home the same way we came to work. My co-workers all work together looking out for one another. Is leaving because the atmosphere is awesome. Is when we can be safe, laugh, and smile to create a safe work place for everyone.
good place to work
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great bosses
very good company to work for good manigement steady work flow and good team work they always keep there people informed and and there pay is competitive all ways willing to teach you something new
Multicultural company with vast global work challenges in local and remote parts of the world. Exposed to various types of industries.
Sr. Graphic Designer Proposals (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
Pros: working in a global environment
Cons: lay offs
A typical day at work consists of graphic design skills being used for proposals and presentations. Past work also included graphic design skills used for large format and marketing projects. My job required working with writers, proposal managers and engineers. A very diversified group of individuals with left and right brain thinking and ideas. This required assimilating these ideas through execution to desired finished products.

What I learned was to use both sides of my brain to accomplish what my internal clients wanted to their satisfaction. I also oversaw the work of junior graphic designers in developing their graphic design and people skills.

The hardest part of my job was to help the more linear thinking non visual clients in providing them ideas that they could understand. Which usually meant nearly producing a final product for them to see before completing the project or product.

The most enjoyable part of my job was providing quality products that met the clients desires and expectations.
SAP FICO consultant
SAP FICO functional consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
• Gathered business requirements for enhancement of existing SAP reports and Z reports.
• Created functional specs for enhancement and customization of Z reports, worked along with ABAPer to create logic for the Z reports and performed system integration testing, created UAT scripts.
##
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: mandatory 65 - 70 hour work weeks
International Recruiter LOGCAP lll. Vetted and hired Expat and Foreign Nationals to work on Foreign Operating Bases in Iraq and Afghanistan.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Rodbuster/Reinforced Structural Ironworker (Former Employee), Borger, TXMarch 15, 2015
GREAT COMPANY ,SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT, HAZARDS VIEWED DAILY . PEP ISSUED FRS ,GLOVES , EYE WEAR, HARD HATS, HARNESS AND LANYARDS . EVEN ENCOURAGE TO GRT CERTIFIED IN VARIOUS SKILLED TRADES.
Business Vision
Commissioning Principal Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: one kbr, zero harm goal and management belief
Cons: vacation short.
KBR is a good company to work for, professionally managed and colleagues are supportive. Townhall meetings were able to communicate the business essentials to employees. New business strategies have been streamlined and business transformation has been proposed and will be well executed in the coming years. Hopefully to see excellent business results.
Productive and clean workplace.
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2015
Productive, fun and clean workplace. I enjoyed working with this company. They are concerned about their employees. Very good company. I would recommend them.
One of the best companies to work for.
Materials Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
My experiences working at KBR
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 12, 2015
Pros: opportunities
Cons: distance
A typical day for me is multitasking and making sure my teams needs are meet to the best of my abilities.

I have learned some of the different processes it takes to putting together bids, proposals, etc.

Management is great for the most part, once you get to know the different personalities and what is expected of you.

My co-workers are great, always willing to share there knowledge to help better understand the departments needs.

The hardest part for me is trying to communicate with someone who is not open to change. This can most of the time be accomplished with persistence, patients, undertanding and time.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of accomplishment.
KBR is a very professional and Good Employer
Engineering Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, InternationalMarch 10, 2015
Pros: flexible working schedule.
Cons: international assignments not good. charge too much for services.
KBR is a very good EPC with very qualified and thorough work procedures. The problem is they want to do a great and proper job that takes extra time and this at times exceeds the customers budget and expectations.
Farmers insurance
Bill Admin (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2015
Working with sheri was a wonderful exprenice . Sheri was a wonderful boss and great coworker . I still cary with me lessons learned by working in sheri's office .
intense and compettitve
Rigging Foreman (Former Employee), Juliette, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: always on the road
conduct safety meeting and pre-task assessments'.
help gather tools materials etc to get each task done,
preform task according to safety rules and pre-task assessments form
clean-up and prepare for end of shift.
Enjoyable place to work, safty oriented, loved the appreciation picnics and parties. Volunteer program the best. I would recommend KBR to anyone.
Document Management (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 4, 2015
Pros: gym, appreciation lunches, volunteer council, 9 hours m-th and 4 hours on friday, healthcare, friendly people.
Cons: work ethic issues, need more training, need more commincation.
For KBR Engineering Co. is very busy with lots of deadlines to meet and globally. I learned more in Time Management and how to use documentum software. Some managers did a great job overall. Other managers could use more training. Co-workers, for the most part good team players. Sometimes issues can arise but those with good work ethics can move on and focus on the job respectfully. The hardest part of the job - getting the engineers to understand we had to comply with certain company policies and contracts.
I enjoyed being busy and completing the deadlines that at the end of the day I know I did the job KBR expected. So many skills learned over the years, that I will always be grateful. KBR has called on me to work with them more than once, so they must thought I did something right! The restructure of KBR in some areas is hard for many, but with the right training and managing KBR will deliver as always and better. KBR is a good company to work for Globally!
job summary
Industrial Painter (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work begins with analyzing the job, job performance, an production, interacting with co-workers, management, general foremans. an giving the best performance for the task of the day.
KBR Review
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: fair compensation, innovative thought, and structure
Cons: intense workload
KBR is the largest contractor in Houston. They offer a diversity of services, persistent mentorship, and a willingness to accomodate each resource with the training they need.
Good people
IT (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 27, 2015
The company is moving in a different direction and away from its core principles . Many good people who do not have any direction or prospect to move up in the company.
Its a 40 hour week Maintenance job
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), McIntosh, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Performed general maintenance, ran conduit, pulled wire, terminated J Boxes and ran temporary power for various pieces of equipment.
Dedicated employees in a unstable atmosphere
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits, compensation
Cons: unstable employement between projects
KBR employees some of the most dedicated employees I have ever worked with. Compensation and benefits are acceptable. Management has a hard time making sure employees transfer between projects which creates an unstable atmosphere.
This was a 40 hour week job
Project Principal Time Keeper (Former Employee), Axis, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 4 - 10's
Cons: what you hired in as you stay as, title & salary
Project Principal Time Keeper/Support and back-up Admin. Manager: Provide technical support for the Project Control function of estimating, planning scheduling, cost management, progress and performance analysis and reporting, as required to meet project scope and job requirements. Timekeeper, receive timesheets, validate, process payroll, hiring and terminating, setting up new WO# in the payroll system. Provide a wide variety of basic administrative and secretarial support for Engineering and Construction.