KBR Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Lead/ Sr. Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
Very good technology
Good relationship among disciplines
High barrier for bench marking
Good security
Excellent in-House University (Knowledge Sharing Session)
Very Kind Co-workers
Pros
Excellent Technologies
Cons
Conservative
Good place to work, but losing it's place as a premier EPC company.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
work day depends on group you are in or Client that you are working for. co-workers are good people. Management seems to think they know more then clients and results show that the clients disagree..
Work for your passion and not for money and you are fit for KBR
Manager Strategy (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2016
KBR is a company with slow growth until you are aggressive fighter to prove your caliber and take risk to prove yourself.
Most engineering staff were very good and worked well together
Chief Elect. Designer/Electrical Design Supvr. (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2016
Overall experience was good. I enjoyed the environment and people I worked with on a daily basis. The executive level management was very excessive.
Great place.
Administrative Specialists II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2015
I would say, in HR we stay pretty busy. This company is, in my view, very understanding when it comes to the employees family. I have been able to advance once since i have worked here. I work really hard at my job. My manager is not a boss that looms over my desk. She expects us to work yes, but doesn't treat us as if she will fire us for a mistake. She gave me a chance and i can't thank this company enough.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
Reconstructing.
Awesome Work Experience
Material Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
This also was a great experience contracting company... Learn new ways to work inside of the system Inside the Post Office and also meet new people and Interact face to face with The Military.
Pros
Paid Travel Expence
Cons
Being away from home
Excellent companies
Field Buyer DOS Erbil Iraq (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
company offered great leadership and advancement opportunities. Excellent benefits and work environment. Location is ideal for career growth and career building
Pros
great pay
Cons
job location
good safe cool
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 2, 2016
productive day, learned millwright work and mill work hard working co-wrokers easy to get along with hardest part of job finding group in the paper mill most enjoyable haveing chances to try new things
good
good
good work environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAMarch 17, 2016
it was a great work place with very fun coworkers we had 3,000,000 safe work man hrs i learned how working with others together as a team makes the job intersting and also gets more work done!
Pros
safety lunches for safe man hrs
Cons
short breaks and sometimes dangerous jobs!
Good Work Process and Standards
Piping Work Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Work very hard everyday to meet deadlines, I learned too much from old and highly experienced people, good co-workers, the hardest part of the job was to deal with some people who didn't want to work but I always tried to figure out how to make them work and so at the end enjoy with a job well done.
This is a good company, but...
Cost Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
I think this company is good, culture is great but advancement is not encouraged. I have worked there for over a year. People are great here and help when you are in need. The office in downtown is a good location. Company is going through a BIG restructuring which will show its effects in the coming years, hopefully for the better.
Positive and Professional place to work
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  NAS Pensacola, FLJune 19, 2016
My time at KBR was a very productive experience. Learning both the ways of working for a major company and learning the way to interact with the owner / U.S. Government
Decent benefits
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Reserve, LAMay 17, 2015
Working maintenance at Dupont in Reserve. Pay is okay. No rain outs and decent benefits. Regular schedule is 4/10s with overtime from time to time and heavy OT during two shut downs per year. Management is not great but it doesn't affect us much. Safety is ALL about covering THEIR behinds. They don't really care about you. The co-workers are the best part of the job. Work gets done but we have a great time.
Pros
401k with matching funds
Cons
Management and Safety need professionals at the helm.
Good place to work, they are goal driven and organized and will to train you. I love my coworkers and everyone is eager to help.
RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This company is, in my view, very understanding when it comes to the employees family. I have been able to advance once since i have worked here. I work really hard at my job. .It's big company and gave me high experience
Well known company in competitive industry
Sr. Proposals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
I have learned a lot at KBR, and have had the opportunity to grow so much since I started here 10 years ago. I enjoy the company of my fellow co-workers and managers.
Great Company
Technical Advisor - Piping Engineering Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
Great Place to work with great people. Good engineering consulting firm with systematic work procedures.
It is a great place to work, too bad that is running out of work to do.
Great environment
Lead Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
KBR is also a very good place to work. Management is extremely supportive and the company is always looking for ways to efficiently produce work.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Great people to work with.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCMay 6, 2016
The right management at the job.Made workers have great value in every tasks each day.That makes a safe site to work each day.
Pros
Very understanding & professional co .
Cons
Great company to work for
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 24, 2016
Overall rating for KBR is good, there have been many changes throughout the past few years with top management changing and the old values changed out for new.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Enid, OK 73701May 23, 2016
If you like long hours and break your back kind of job this is for you. Company says they care about there employees and safety but when it comes down to it they don't.

4.2