KBR Employee Reviews

Found 1,250 reviews matching the search
Best job ever!!!
Maintenance Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Axis, ALMarch 7, 2017
This was one of the best jobs that I ever held. All of my co-employees were really close which made the job all that much better. We actually stay in contact even though we've all moved on. I loved this company and would definitely work with them again.
Pros
Close knit co-workers, great administrative work
Working Overseas
Transportation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Middle EastMarch 6, 2017
Working in a war zone but the pay was great. I got to meet a lot of people from various parts of the world. Always room for advancement but the time was limited as it was a contract
Pros
Great job
Cons
Away from home
Poor Practice
Associate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 28, 2017
Hiring wage did not coincide with experience or education. It then took almost a full year to be hired on permanently. Because of this was forced to purchase outside healthcare.
Helpful and Diverse
Hazardous Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77058 (APO)February 25, 2017
KBR Wyle Honeywell was a fundamentally great for providing me with experience in science and ethical rendition. It was an amazing experience to be in South Korea as a contractor. I'll never imagine a better place to have worked, so to speak. My job as a material handler was just that, a material handler. It was enjoyable.
Pros
Uniformity
Cons
Lack of Vacation Leave
A great company to work for that takes care of it's people.
Civil Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Both the company and it's employees are great to work with and for. KBR is a family oriented company that takes great care of their people. KBR has a strong focus on safety to insure that everyone returns home safely to their families at the end of the day.
Down-to-earth peers
Internal Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Great opportunity for growth and learning.

Excellent advancement potential

Always going through changes

Benefits are average compared to industry

Great 9/80 schedule

Vacation / holiday has been reduced recently

Pay is good
Good company
CoreERP Lead Cost Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Good company going through lots of changes.
Benefits are just ok. price to employee continues to go up every year. 2016 they took everyone's vacation down to two weeks no matter how many years you had vested with company. The CFO is trying to re-line the company. Lots and Lots of lay-offs
Choose not to provide any details.
Procurement Supervisor/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Choose not to provide any details. This is company - personal confidential details and are not relevant to any applications or job searches present or future.
Pros
Competitive Compensation
Cons
No job security
Once was a great company
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Was a great company before SB took over as CEO.
For 2017 Prospects:
No pay raise for year.
Paid holidays you are expected to work the Friday before (usually had this Friday off on a 9/80 basis)
Pros
Old timers group is friendly and easy to work with. Lunches provided by projects.
Cons
Froze pay raises, took away some benefits.
Enjoyed working with all types of people.
Administrative Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 21, 2017
this was the first time working on a construction site. I would do it again. work, for the most part, was enjoyable. and enjoyed working with many types of skill levels and management.
Pros
people friendly
Cons
conttract mnager central and wester Iraq, anbar province
Sub Contract manager and Business development (Former Employee) –  Al Assad , IraqFebruary 21, 2017
the job required effective and skilled work. The travel to various bases to oversee over all work performance was good. I enjoyed working with the U.S. Marines. and U.S. Army personnel.
Pros
good pay and exciting work schedule
Cons
poor company morale
good work environment, bad management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Good people to work with and good work culture. Senior management out of touch with workers. Sen ior management care only for themselves
Productive. a workplace where you could further a career in a craft.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A typical work day would be starting with a safety meeting for the whole company to remind them of any safety hazards rather it be a change in areas from work done, weather conditions, getting complacent, anything that could happen from the job getting done that day.
We would then go to our work areas to follow up with another meeting to prepare for the work that had to be done for that day.
I really enjoyed my job because I got to be involved in different areas of the job and learned a lot about the warehouse. I would like to continue working for the warehouse so that I can continue to learning.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the elements, long hours, etc, typical things as far as construction but for the most part I enjoy working in construction because of all that you can learn. I hope to continue learning and furthering my career in the construction field.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
safety
Living conditions are Good
Water / Waste Water / Solid Waste General Forman (Current Employee) –  Camp Bondsteele, KosovoFebruary 19, 2017
I have enjoyed working for KBR but the contracts are not paying what they used to and its not enough to justify being away from my family.
Pros
good food
Cons
Not enough hours
Overall a good Company to work for
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAFebruary 16, 2017
KBR is a good company with decent benefits and challenging positions with cutting edge technology. Advancement is possible through their on-line training.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
long hours with short breaks
Safety first then team work.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Borger, TX 79007February 16, 2017
Regular safety meetings, before work and after each break, we break into team then find out who is going where. I have learned safety is first no matter what, how to shoot dirt grade, and learned some of the equipment. management is fair. The job is all fair, not really any of it is hard. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. We get along great.
Pros
2 Breaks 1 Paid break
Cons
Drama within the foremans
Great company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  AfganastanFebruary 16, 2017
Job paid well. Loved working oversees as a contractor with the military. It was a great experience. Would defineitly go back if I had the chance.
Enjoyed working there
Underground Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2017
KBR was the second engineering company I ever worked for. They have a solid engineering group and tons of world-wide experience. I enjoyed the group I worked with and wish my time there wasn't cut short by the economic downturn that happened 11 months after I started working there.

The job was challenging but very rewarding. The management was top tier.
Pros
World-Wide Company
Cons
None that I can think of.
KBR is a great place to work
Electrician Helper, Electrician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2017
KBR was a great place to work great management and company structure. Great Benefit and people to work with. Have nothing bad to say about this company and would still be there if they had not lost contract at DuPont in Richmond Va.
Pros
Great Benifits, Room to Advance, Great work schedule, great people
Safety Orientated
Journeyman Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Juliette, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Great company all around. Advancement is easily acquired and offers NCCER training on most sites through an off/on site coordinator.
Pros
NCCER training, prize raffles for safety milestones completed
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2