KCBS Sales & Marketing was founded in 2002 to provide sales and marketing services to manufacturers selling to The Kroger Company. Headquartered in Cincinnati, KCBS is led by John Rutherford, John Schipper, Leslie Hayes and Dan Paluch—managing the key areas of Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Analytics, Shopper Insights, Retail and Customer Service.
KCBS leverages a team of experts who each average 15+ years calling on Kroger at all levels of the organization. KCBS takes pride in making its clients and customers a top priority, bringing a passion for building brands at Kroger by leveraging Kroger’s Customer First go-to-market strategy and aligning manufacturers with Kroger’s objectives. Whether it is through pricing, promotion, assortment, customer communications, marketing or retail execution, KCBS brings insights into action all the way through to execution at retail. KCBS has best-in-class retail communication systems, which allow for fluid and transparent information sharing with its retail sales associates calling on all Kroger divisions.
The KCBS team helps manufacturers better connect with Kroger and its Customer First strategy through a collaborative team approach to customer business. KCBS's brokerage model—combining a joint selling effort using sales, category management and consumer/shopper insights—is truly best in class. Building brands and driving a deeper connection with Kroger’s Customer First strategy has helped many of its clients surpass their sales expectations at Kroger. Learn more at www.kcbscinn.com.
Category Development Analyst Position Summary:
- The primary responsibility of this position is to provide for the implementation of Category Management and other related marketing initiatives within a designated category/client calling on The Kroger Company headquartered in Cincinnati Ohio. This analyst position will provide critical support to our Business Managers, clients and Kroger with data analysis, identification of opportunities and key insights for categories of responsibility in the Grocery and HBC/Confection departments.
- Work to understand shopper behavior and translate these insights into strategic recommendations and tactics for category business plans. Work with sales team to ensure learning is incorporated into Customer plans.
- Establish and maintain a partnership with Business Managers and principals in the development of strategic plans for category management within assigned departments.
- Analyze and create base marketing and new item presentations for our principals.
- Utilize and understand Nielsen syndicated scanning data and Kroger’s Market6 data to generate the information needed for category reviews – build templates and automate monthly updates.
- Have a basic working knowledge of consumer purchase/behavioral data (dunnhumby) and how this data source integrates with Kroger POS or syndicated market/account data
- Assist KOMPASS category shelving opportunity analysis through use of facing grids, store mapping and planograms
- Other duties assigned as needed
Desired Skills & Requirements
- Willing to learn something new every day
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- MS Office Suite Skills
o EXCEL – strong or advanced skills a must (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros)
o OUTLOOK , PowerPoint and Word – Proficient
o ACCESS – Prior knowledge or working experience is preferred
- Must have database knowledge and technical/analytics skills (Nielsen, IRI) ,
o Knowledge of Homescan, Spectra or dunnhumby is a plus
- Understanding of Market 6 (Kroger internal data) capabilities and analytics
o Ability to manipulate planograms, mapping and facing grids in Market 6
- Complete all analytic projects on time, error free and with actionable insights
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with good project management skills -- self motivator, team player
- Possess strong leadership skills and ability to work closely with a collaborative business team
- Experience with Confections/Candy a plus
- Bachelors Degree (studies in Food Marketing, Marketing, Business , Economics, Finance or other related business field)
- 2-5 years of related consumer product goods experience
- Basic knowledge and interest in Food and Grocery retailing
KCBS is a member of BeaconUnited® which is a venture of eight leading U.S. food brokers, combining the reach and resourcefulness of a national firm with the personal touch and market knowhow of regional experts. With a focus on performance, BeaconUnited™ utilizes the targeted expertise of industry veterans to deliver a rich customer-level experience. Plus, with customer access to best-in-class marketing and analytical data, BeaconUnited® is able to strategically manage the natural synergy between manufacturer and retailer.
Relentlessly driven by brand building, BeaconUnited® helps manufacturing partners establish strong retailer relationships, leaving them better positioned for sustainable growth and increased customer loyalty. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., BeaconUnited®’s national reach is made possible through the joined forces of eight long-standing companies rich in market experience.