Summary: This position involves outside sales of power generations equipment and requires a thorough knowledge of the power generation industry and how it operates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate sales activity, maintaining daily control to ensure optimum time management and coverage of all existing reseller partners and potential prospects throughout the territory.
- Interface with the other sales reps in the territory. Generate sales in excess of quota for assigned accounts.
- Maintain a consistent over-quota level of personal sales activity.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts.
- Specific duties will include, but not be limited to: preparing and following up on small system quotations, general sales support, prospecting for new accounts, regular in-field customer visits, and preparing customer submittals.
- Competence in all aspects of power generation sales and order entry.
- Expertise in all power generation products and services.
- Ensure a high caliber customer response and satisfaction. Communicate accurately and effectively with all customers and Kentech sales associates, culminating in an integrated team sales effort.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Extensive product knowledge, both power generation and the power industry.
- Proven sales skills
- Sales and motivational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Account development and management skills.
Experience, Competencies and Education:
- Thorough knowledge of most power generation products and services
- Must be self motivated and have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Preferred bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience. A minimum of three (3) years technology sales experience selling power generation distribution and/or the OEM’s equipment.
- The gauge will be actual performance versus quotas for all power generation product lines. Ensure the highest market share at margins that will culminate in the entire sales staff meeting all quotas for all products, producing a bonus situation for the sales team.
- Utilize a disciplined sales process to include target account planning, accurate forecasting, opportunity and pipeline development/management.
- Follow through with project specifications; assist in ordering process and placing orders.
- Will prepare sales proposals, quotations and submittal drawing packages.
- Meet and exceed predetermined revenue objectives while continuously creating and obtain new business.
- Report on monthly progress to Operations Manager
- Requires continual communication and developing/maintaining solid working relationships with Kentech customers.
- Paid vacation/holidays
For over 20 years, we have combined a unique blend of metal cutting, CNC and machine shop experience to create "real world"...