KFC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,090 reviews matching the search
One of the most mismanaged companies I ever worked for.
Cook/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, NCJuly 21, 2016
The management team there is very unorganized I had ever worked for.Your schedule would change daily.You could not make plans.They would call you on your days off to see if you could work.It takes a year to get past min. wage.The upper management team has no idea what goes on in the stores on a day to day basis.They DON'T care about their employees.Everything to them is about the MONEY.I would not recommend anyone work here unless you want to be put down all the time.
Pros
It gives you enough money every 2weeks to put gas in car
Cons
Very unfriendly enviorment to work in
KFC Family Oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC 27530July 27, 2016
KFC has and have become one of the greatest experience I have come to love. The co-workers were very helpful and worked together to get each daily task finished. The most joyful park of the day was entering and seeing everyone smile on there face once a customer or co-worker entered the building. Because of moving into a new state leaving was one of the hardest I had to do. I had become so in love with the environment and love everyone showed towards on another in inspired me to expand.
Pros
Working with one another as a team.
Cons
Leaving at the end of my shift.
Kfc
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  3218 East Jensen AveJuly 18, 2016
What I have learn from working at KFC is great customer service, being a team player. Management is great. They make sure to listen to our opinions and needs for the restaurant and the KFC family. My co-workers are very hard workers and very helpful. They make a great team. Honestly, there isn't anything hard about the job if you put your best into it. With the team that I had there anything was easy and possible to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy walking in and out everyday. Satisfying my customer. They are my number 1 priority.
Pros
Team work.
Cons
The heat in the kitchen during the summer.
Fast paced and fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 10, 2016
My days at work were long but very fun. All of my friends worked there and i was employed here for ab out 2 years. Knowing everyone that was coming in and out every day and being one of the most liked workers made my time here very enjoyable. Everyone had a smile on their face and always seemed to notice if you were down. The care and love for each other in the store was my favorite part because i worked over 40 hrs a week so even if i wasn't at home i was at home.
Pros
free lunches, often breaks, healthcare(+18yrs)
Exceptional working environment...Employment encouraged.
KFC team member (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 28, 2016
Very fun place to work, especially when the managers include a mix between fun, and seriousness within the workplace. They make it worth going into work after a hard night before, just because of their energy, their willingness to help anyone, guest or employee. This is a truly uplifting place to work at, regardless of the hardships that occur throughout the day / week / etc..
Pros
Clean working standards, good team work throughout the store.
Cons
Needs new / better management.
fun place to work at
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 7, 2016
Depending on the store, management is good. The company over all doesn't care about crew members who takes a step further to improve their career or work ethic. Theres no benefits for crew members (dental or health insurance). No pay raises until you move up in the company and even then its not a good pay raise. Its a great for a 1st job but if you don't plan on becoming a manager, its not worth to have. As said before, the company itself doesn't care about crew members.
very fast pace work place
training manager prepcook inventory check cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 30, 2016
very demanding work place however at the same time very laid back there will days that your can relax there will be days that you would have to stay busy on your feet . Management can be very laid back on some days they mean business coworkers are very dependable what i enjoyed the most was that everyone played their part as a team member. If i had a chance to go back i would
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no health care
foodservice woes
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJune 13, 2016
Learned a lot of customer service skills, time management, how to work with others from different backgrounds. Also learned ways to use my patience especially when dealing with difficult customers.

The store manager did an alright job taking care of employees. It's fast food service not much to say honestly..it is what it is.

Overall since working in the food service industry I have the upmost respect that still do this... I'm always extra nice to anyone waiting on me.
Pros
eh lol
Cons
Many things too many to list
fun energetic fast paced work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CT 06360July 18, 2016
KFC was my very first job from ages 16-19 and I appreciate the years they've given me at their company and had a very flexible schedule considering my 2 years of high school and first year of college . the staff and I got along very well since the entire crew were people I've grown up with and people I currently went to school with so that made the job enjoyable. After a year or two many friends of mine had gone for management positions and became my managers, many members of the staff had fallen in love with other members of the staff and dated . because of those reasons it became difficult to work with each other with the arguing the constant drama, the work place quickly became high school and I looked for other employment .
The Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94103June 10, 2016
When working the morning shift, the position requires the cook to clean the parking lot to maintain a clean environment that customers would like to dine at. Cooking multiple types of chicken by dipping them in water, flouring them, and strategically placing them into a cage before frying them by following guidelines on where to put each piece to maximize cooking the chicken well. A dynamic position where the cook can be called to the front to work as a cashier if the occasion demanded it. Satisfying when a customer compliments the chicken the way it was made by the worker.
Pros
Diverse, friendly environment provided by workers
Cons
A lot of continuous heavylifting throughout shifts
First Job
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 14, 2016
This was my first experience working, and overall it wasn't bad.

Typical days basically revolved around me taking customer's orders at the front window, packing them up, and keeping my area (including the lobby) as clean as I could.

However, I had a bout of medical issues at the time (since recovered) which impacted my memory, and I don't remember too many details about working here.

I had to leave due to an injury that I've since recovered from.
productive and team oriented environment
Team Member And Cook (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48601July 7, 2016
A typical day working at KFC is very time managing. Working for KFC I learned team working skills and communication skills. The management at KFC is very proactive with there employees. The co-workers there are very reliable and good to work with. The hardest part about the day was the lunch rushes and having to learning how to multi task. The most enjoyable part of my day is making my customers happy.
Drs note refused
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJune 7, 2016
I was out on medical leave as per my Dr. and my manager refused it. I went to the local career center and turned them in. The Career Center told me they would investigate, they did, and found that a few other people over the past few years have had Dr's. note refused. The Career center severely penalized them and of course I lost my job.
I was not a happy camper since I just got a "new" car so I could get back and forth to work. All I have to say is thank God I took loss of income insurance out on my loan.
Oh yeah, forgot to say the pay SUCKS!!!
KFC is a great place to work for starters. This job I do not recommend for long term commitment.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2016
KFC is a great place to work for people looking to start a job history. It does a great job of getting you familiar with product, and the job culture is amazing. Sometimes you feel right at home when you are at work with your team.

However, there are some things lacking, such as low discounts on food (50%)
No free lunches, you can only get your discount when you have worked. The labor laws are very strict. You can't have a packer which is vital during dinner rush. KFC needs a lot of work in this department. Over all a good place to work, but I do not recommend long commitment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, 401K, health benefits and many more.
Cons
Low discount on foods, no free lunches, Strict labor.
Fast pace work place, fun, and productive
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  KiingstonJune 7, 2016
Fast pace work environment, interacting with customers, always learning something new, and there would always be something to do even on the times we are slow. Having my employees respect me, and being able to work with them. The hardest part of my job would be having to find coverage when an employee would call out, if i found no one to cover i would stay and work their shift my self. The most enjoyable part of my job was working at a fast pace and enjoying the company with the employees as well as the customers.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
The times we were slow
productive work place with great people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNJune 7, 2016
KFC was a good place for me to start cooking. Everyday I clocked in you had to prep chicken make sure all the fryers have clean oil . I also had to make the flour after about 10 bags of chicken so it had a fresh taste for the customers satisfaction. Management was great treated us well and worked around our everyday schedule. I learned how long chicken has to cook what temperatures it needed to be when it was done to make sure it was cooked all the way threw. The part I enjoyed most about the job is the fast pace and consistency at your station .
Pros
free meal while you took 25 min break
Cons
trying to keep up on dishes while busy cooking at a fast pace
Great people. Good Atmosphere.
Cahsier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 8, 2016
I ran the cash register and was trained as a manager. The people I worked with were fun and positive and made each shift a good experience. I even developed friendships outside of work with them that still last to this day. Good work experience. If I would have been fully promoted to a Manager I would still be working there today, but I never received the full promotion. More of just doing their duties and being compensated as a cashier.
kfc
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2016
i went through a situation at work when a time i was taking a customer order, and than the other customers came over and interrupted us. i politely asked the customer that was being rude to wait one second i will be back with them as soon i take care of this customer that's in front of you. i learned you don't have to be rude with people talking nice will get u alone way. nothing was to hard to hard for me . if you put your mind to it you can achieve it. i enjoy the customers getting to know them. more
Pros
as a team we reached our goals
Cons
the cook wasn't nice at all.
overview
Team Member (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 31, 2016
Also responsible for replacing orders if requested by customers.
Responsible for gathering a customers’ order in a tray, this includes the main meal, side dishes, drinks, condiments and utensils.
Responsible for her own cash drawer and is liable for any losses.
Responsible for performing roles assigned by the Supervisor or Store Manager such as doing inventory and performing some duties in work stations in the kitchen.
Responsible for treating the customers with the best customer service practices. Responsible in entertaining a customer’s comments or complaints regarding the food and services.
Responsible in cleaning up assigned areas of the store during opening and closing time.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ILJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be going in a getting prep done and counting a drawer down before you start your day after that is when your day starts. you take orders prepare orders and drinks. I learned to make different kids of foods and work with fryers and cash registers. Managment made things so much better they were fun to be around and work with. Co-workers were fun to be around and work with they made the day go by faster. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the happy people and being around friends.
Pros
Great people and easy work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9