KFC
4,775 reviews

KFC Employer Reviews

Very stressful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Seaside, CAJanuary 29, 2015
A day at work was really stressful and smelly. Managers were very loud and unprofessional. They treated employees like animals and at times were prejudice to certain customers in the restaurant. I learned to work quickly and take orders, clean lobbies and restrooms. The hard part of working there was the oily and greasy environment. It was fun to work there when co-workers were there because we were able to have a good time working with each other.
Very Diverse Location
Cook/Cashier/Cleaner (Former Employee), Willimantic, CTJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: diverse enviornment
Cons: short hours
This location was a very diverse location and had a lot of culture that was brought into the work area.
enjoyed my first job
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee), Harper Woods, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short staffed
a typical work day would a slow pace in the moring and fast pace in the evening. i learned to develop patience and understanding. my co-workers made my day good they helped me and taught me the business. the hardest part of the job is trying to make sure every customer order was correct. the most enjoyable part of my day is whem my customers oders are correct and they enjoyed their meal
Learning experience
Front Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: disrespect
At kfc it was very unprofessional. The average day would be getting cursed at, seeing mice, unfair treatment on the job. I learned that you go through things that you have to learn to overcome in any job. I had 3 managers, only 1 was actually acting like a manager. Hardest part about the job was working with mice, very uncomfortable. The best part was being able to eat.
Fast paced and friendly enviorment
Lead Staff (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough pay
This job is very fast paced! It's fun and exciting you meet new and different people every day! The co- workers are very team oriented and friendly. I learned that everyone make mistakes even the customers. The hardest part of the job was keeping the customers happy and satisfied.
Outstanding Company
General Mgr.,, District Manager,. (Former Employee), Charleston S.C., Jacksonville, Fl.January 28, 2015
Pros: very positive operations.
Cons: know and do your job.
I Truly enjoyed the many years between the brands.I started out ty KFC in Tifton Georgia as a General Manager for a franchisee for four and a half years. Went to work for Taco Bell In 1990 til 1998. Took a Job as Distric Mge in South Caralina, JEM Restaurent Group from 1999 til 2003. Came back Homeo Jacksonville, Fl in 2003 Til I Retired in 2006.
Best first job I had
Shift manager (Current Employee), Newport, DelawareJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: longer hours the longer you work there.
Cons: no free lunches, no health care incentives, hardly any raises
As soon as I get to work, I immediately count the safe to see if it's short. I count inventory of certain items from shift transition and nightly counts. I learned to give orders to team members in a polite and efficient way.
At KFC/Tacobell we believe the co-workers should get to know everyone this way to provide great team work. I had to adapt as a manager each day, and learn all the positions in the job.

The hardest part of the job is to remember the customer is always right, even if they lie. I learned I have to always be positive at the work place.

The most enjoyable part is to know we made a customers day just by being polite and having an interest in their lives.
The best part of my job were my co workers
cashier (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 1 free meal per shift
Cons: no healthcare, no work compensation, personal vendettas
I usually start at 3, but I clocked in around 2. I was always on drive thru taking orders, taking cash, and packing my old orders. My co workers were a pleasure to work with , but not so much the management. The job was pretty much divided so not everyone got treated equally. I would have to say the downside to the job would be that nobody followed the same rules yet only a few had to deal with the consequences.
enjoyed work with
H D Supervisor in K F C KSA (Current Employee), saudi arabiaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free break
hard working,new thoughts ,ideas,,,,very cool,,,,,,nothing hard,,,,cool job
fun work environment with some advancement potential
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), cedar rapids, IAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, decent breaks, workable schedule.
Cons: shorter breaks, staffing can be difficult
This company, at least the franchise that I worked under, is a great place to work. They train to appeal to the customers. I have learned a lot about the management field through this job. The upper management generally work with any issues that might arise and are pretty understandable in uneventful situations. The hardest part if the job would be the stress of the environment. Quickservice restaurants are not for everybody. The most enjoyable part is the speed at which the job takes. It's fast service, and the customers.
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kenton, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: minium wage
Can be stressfull and fun all in one day. I was employed a long time as a crew member and then advanced to a shift supervisor. It was interesting shifting postions. I liked having the responsibility of running a shift. The only down fall is the rate of turn over the store has. There have been many changes in store managers and in crew members.
productive environment with a great setting.
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great experiance in learning how to great and meet, as well as interaction serving customers
Cons: not alot of growth ackoledgment
over all it at well was a great learning experience. learned a lot of knowledge on how to move forward in the restaurant field.
GREAT WORKPLACE
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, discounted lunch
Cons: health care and low hours
A TYPICAL DAY INCLUDED PREPARING FOOD,COOKING AND LOADING AND UNLOADING TRUCK.
great people to work with
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: i would get my food half price and didnt have to drive to far to get there
Cons: would long hours but in the end it paid off
i would start my day off getting the resturant ready to open to make sure everyone who ate there would be happy and come back again. the hardest part of my job was firing someone i had knew.but i did enjoy the smiles the people faces when they had a great time eating there.
Productive workplace
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2015
Co-workers showed me great training skills, a typical workplace was based on me always trying to find a new aspect to learn about the company.
friendly work place
Cashier and Drive-thru cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great workplace
Cons: rude customers
great co workers, learned to handle cash orders on register. learned to pack orders, and close as well as open the store. co workers are all very friendly and understanding. hardest part o the job was dealing with the rude customers.
It was a pleasant place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: short breaks
I liked working there all the people there were all very friendly.
Unpredictable
Cook, Cashier, Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Beatrice, NeJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: having fun and inspiring co-workers, helping others, learning multiple skills
Cons: being burned, smelling like a bucket of chicken every night
A day at KFC was filled with oil splashing, customers reiterating their love for the service, dedicated bosses, and quaint lessons about life. I learned how to truly figure out what people enjoy outside of the product sold, the service. Being in this environment made me confident as a leader, due to the two trainees I helped throughout my time working at KFC. My co-workers were all ambitious pioneers of life's potential, unafraid to speak their idealisms into the open air. What I most enjoyed was the conversations my boss Chrissy blessed us with. Her strong spirit taught me of the resilience all woman possess innately.
This is a wonderful first job.
Cashier, Food Handling (Former Employee), Bryan, OHJanuary 26, 2015
I have learned a lot of communication skills working as a cashier.
A great place to go eat at
Cashier (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 26, 2015
Well a typical work day would be steady and easy going. I learn everything but how to filter the fryers and management. The managers there are easy going and they are fun to be around. The co-workers at KFC are pretty good and they can be fun but sometimes they can just be a pain. The hardest part is have to work on the slowest days and have nothing to do. The best part about the job was the relaxed atmosphere in the whole store.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more