KFC Employee Reviews

Found 5,968 reviews matching the search
It's fast food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 14, 2017
Not my favorite job, you work hard for so long and get no where. Management wasn't understanding. Hours were crazy but it did get better. Not all managers are bad and sometimes they just need to know face to face what their doing wrong and how you feel. I have two kids though so for someone looking to get by with no kids its actually not bad at all. You would get plenty of hours if you wanted it and advancement would come sooner from working so many hours. Sundays was the worst days to work or the game day weekends. Thats fast food for ya though. I worked almost 3 years here.
Pros
management is ok
Cons
benefits need to improve, management more understanding for those who do work and care
Great first job for anyone in high school or fresh out.
Cook/Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Over my six years at KFC, I have learned so much. Being my first job I ever had, I was quick to learn about the work force and how well it works if communication is good. I also learned that cleanliness and organization is essential for any job. During my normal day I would set up the fryers, and while they were warming up I would sweep outside to keep the appearance outside up to par. I would check all the expiration dates on the product we had on hand to be assured we were giving the customer the best product available. When It came time for inspections, my kitchen and surrounding area would always score top marks. I would keep up on having everything cleaned and ispectin ready every day. The management was very understand and flexible with work hours and sick days. The work culture was like one big family.
Pros
Reduced meal prices, free soda, great atmosphere
Cons
Expensive health insurance, not much room for advancement.
Fast pased environment oriented around paperwork, interval investigation, and people management.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work ranges from cleaning, repairing industrial cook equipment, cash, time, and health standards. Every period there are several inspections during work hours. The people and management have a very team oriented culture, which is the most enjoyable part of doing the work. The most difficult task working here would be cooking in hundred degree temperatures over fryers at 340, for others the daily detail maintenance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits for non management.
If you cant find anything better
Customer Service/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2017
At KFC i learned how to deal with a huge variety of different personalities. In addition i learned how to manage my time and tasks. Co-workers usually treat you like family, management needs improvement. Best part about working here would be the discounts on employee meals, worst part is how you only get paid $8.05 per hour and do not get paid more for overtime also you barely to never get a raise whether you're a hard worker or a slacker.
Productive and fun enviroment to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  8270 Marbach Rd San antonio TXJanuary 26, 2017
I have been working for KFC for over three years now I love my job and the employees I work with I am a manger and love my duties as one. The skills I used as a manager is teamwork, team management ,guiding, directing, and motivating others. the hardest part of the job would probably be that we don't have enough managers for a shift so it makes it a little harder for managing. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people I enjoy working with there not only employees, but long term friends. I also love seeing customers that come in through the years of me working there I enjoy talking to them. Its a great company to work for, but I want to further my education and find a career to what I love and passionate about so I became a medical assistant.
productive, fun and creative
Dish washer/cook (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901February 8, 2017
positive energy and everyone enjoy there job positions that were assigned. what I learned at the job was how to handle food in a proper and manner able way also keeping my areas clean and learning how to interact with new people and also staying positive even if it was a negative energy around. Management was great, workplace culture every one got alone pretty much good not to many problems and to be honest there was never really a hard part about my job besides changing the chicken grease drainer cause it was real heavy and I did it with no assistance. The most enjoyable part about the job was showing up and making my manager happy by completing any task she assigned for me.
Pros
3 free lunches everyday
Cons
3 breaks
Productive and fun
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 20, 2017
sometimes busy sometimes not but there is always something to do.
easy to do just pay attention when you are being trained.
management is excellent
Hardest part of the job can't think of anything
The most enjoyable part of the job its fun, co-worker are fantastic
every 90 days you get a pay raise as long as you don't call in or come in late
Pros
Free lunches, excellent management
Great starting point
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 10, 2016
This is where I had my first job. It was a great place to start. Very easy to get on and they were pretty easy going when it came to scheduling. At certain points when there would be an unusual influx of people the management would be upset at me for not having the chicken they wanted for the customers because no one projected the influx. The benefits are endless such as scholarships, insurance, and training for advancement.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Like any other fast food restaurant, it is fast paced which helps you multitask and deal with issues in no time. The difference is theres only 3 different jobs. Either your a cook, cleaning captain or working the floor. The people on the floor doesnt get a specific job like at other fast food places where they might just stay at one place like making burgers or being the cashier. The people on the floor all pack, assist customers, prep and drop product. So in a way your always busy never standing around.
Cons
only break is lunch, no raise unless moving to higher position no matter the years or work thats been done.
Stressful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I worked for KFC for nearly two years and in that time frame I worked at three different locations. Each one had the same problem terrible management. It seemed like your hours depended on if a manager liked you or not, and not your work ethic. I was a cashier who had to ring up orders and pack food by myself it wasn't that bad until I was swimming in orders with no help. This happens when managers spend most of their time in the office chilling. Instead of running their shift properly.
Pros
discount on food, benefits
Cons
short breaks, low hours, terrible managers, rude employees
It was great at one point
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARFebruary 16, 2017
When I first started management was great training was great raises were appropriate for the job at hand. After the old general manager quit everything went down hill from there. From the training to the work environment became a hassle trying to be the best crew member I could be
Pros
Cons
Bad management
Productive and fun working team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jamaica WINovember 18, 2016
A typical day working at KFC is extremely great fun,we learned how to be focus on the job and follow instructions,the management system well organized,within the work place their is a two way flow of communication from team members to manager and from manager to team memember the hardest part of the job is always to maintain full time employment,the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and serving the customers with a smile.
Pros
We receive free lunch on daily basis
Cons
We receive vacation benefits and health care benefits
Fair
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756January 19, 2017
KFC is an alright place to work except that some of the managers are on power trips and like to treat people like they are less than. Some of them also show favoritism. Also have not been given raises due to the minimum wage going up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible management
Decent place for a first job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 24, 2017
Had fun working with my co-workers. The management wasn't the best but they got the job done. The starting pay isn't that great and it is a little difficult to earn a raise.
Fast paced and organized workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 31, 2016
KFC is filled with a lot of people who aren't so hard to work with, however I do not have a lot of benefits. The customer service can be better, but I am fully aware that we are doing the best we can. I wouldn't mind finding something better but as of right now i'm taking what i can and doing the best i can to make a difference. The hardest part of working with KFC is beating the competition (Popeyes) the most enjoyable part of working with KFC is how organized it is, i suffer from OCD so when I see that we actually work as a team to keep everything neatly organized. I really appreciate a clean environment, especially in a workplace.
Pros
Free lunches, Good element, meeting new people
Cons
Inconsistency, bad management
Low Class Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INOctober 6, 2016
Don't work here unless you are willing to get screamed at in front of customers and other employees because that's what happened to me. They will also give a bad team member evaluation so they won't have to give a raise that's also what happened to me. The General Manager is a control freak and doesn't care about anything except for getting the work done. The General Manager is also very unprofessional and the reason that is she decided to have a store meeting during business hours and yelled and embarrassed all the employees including me in front of customers. If I was her boss I would have her fired for incompetent behavior. She is not a very good manager. I thought I was doing a good job until after she starts screaming at me and gave me a bad review. I made friends with employees is only good about this job. I also was scheduled to work almost every evening including weekend's and made me clean really dirty bathrooms. I was accused that I don't get along with other crew members and it was not true but there was some people think they were bosses but they were not and they need to get over themselves.I wanted to tell everyone this information so this situation won't happen to everyone like it happened to me. The kitchen is very dirty and I will not eat ever again for safety reason's.
Pros
Free food and great employees.
Cons
Poor management and dirty kitchen.
First job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYFebruary 22, 2017
KFC was my first job. I had some pretty bad experiences there as far as management goes. Our store manager would frequently call us stupid and threaten to fire us or write us up. Pay is not sufficient and no benefits. My coworkers were awesome, but management was awful. Lack of hours for those who were not the managers favorites.
Pros
Coworkers, free/discounted meals
Cons
Treatment of staff, no benefits, pay, hours
fun enviornment with promoting within
cook, shift manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2016
As a team leader and cook I would be responsible for setting up the store in the morning. Preparing and cooking menu items until my shift members come in and man there station. I have learned a lot of organizational skills and time management from this position. All my coworkers were pleasant, fast paced, and professional to work with.
Pros
discount meals and overtime
Cons
no medical benefits
A Day At Work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIAugust 26, 2016
My day at work usually starts off very boring. It usually has it's busy hours and long lines but that goes very quick with the well trained workers. I've learned almost everything working at KFC over the year and a half I have been working there. The management team is solid and always there to help the one that are in need of help and that are full of curiosity. My co-workers are a mixed group, some it takes a lot to get them going and focused and the rest are solid and ready to get to work as soon they clock in. The hardest part of the job is dealing with slackers & the enjoyable part is being rewarded for working hard so get to have like a free meal.
Pros
Hardworkers
Cons
Slackers, benefits
Awesome atmosphere with free food!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 26, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced and steady. I learned to be fast and accurate and polite. I worked for the company for 9 years,4 in management. it was a demanding job with long hours. Everyone liked me...until I had to be the boss. Had to get things done. The long hours with no break and rude customers. I enjoyed the food of course! Also the crew I had become close with.
Pros
Free food, bonus
Cons
No breaks, people not doing their part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9