KFC

5.9K reviews

KFC Employee Reviews

Fun and Busy
Team Member (Current Employee), Hammond, INAugust 26, 2015
Counting money also in charge of organizing stock on the front floor and stock area.Also got to plenty of food. Kept the work place clean and organized on the daily basis.
Great place for a first job,Helpful staff,Flexible work schedule
Cashier (Former Employee), Middlesboro, KYAugust 26, 2015
This was my first and longest job. I worked there for a year and a half and enjoyed every minute of it from the customers to my co-workers. My managers were helpful with my work schedule while I was still in school.
Love this place
Cashier (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 26, 2015
My day varies I love working at this kfc and i work well the coworkers, some of us are actually friends outside of the job. It not really a hard part of the job you are train very well. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while working. I learn how to pack on my on & i learn how to count money and ring up something that I was afraid of for the past 4 yrs or so.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Depew, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work consists of greeting customers as they walk in, preparing food for customers, and counting daily cash counts. I learned how to be more patient with customers and great hospitality. I also learned how to run a restaurant with several employees. Management at KFC was very strict. The co-workers were very skilled and work oriented people who lived normal lives. The hardest part of the job was to work drive-thru and front counter at the same time because I had to walk from one part of the restaurant to another part. The most enjoyable part of the job was just knowing that I was liked by everyone that was employed there and communicating with others.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2015
Job is enjoyable. Typically for working people. Have to be able to manage fast paces. Great place to learn people skills.
Easy going and fun place to work
Leader, (Former Employee), Clanton alAugust 25, 2015
Understanding managers, great work place! Great with working around school schedules etc. Always trying to up sale! Great with costumers
Fun, easy going place to work
Cashier, Food Preparation/Packing (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free meals, great coworkers
Cons: low pay
This was my very first job and I completely loved it. All of my coworkers were good people and a joy to work with. I worked as a cashier and also helped make/pack the food for customers. I learned a lot working here. Such as how to handle issues with customers and how to work together as a team. My manager was a nice, respectful man and I actually enjoyed coming into work everyday.
Fun workplace
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Montrose COAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Fun work place where the employees are like family. The longer you're there the more likely youll get to know the regulars to the point that they appreciate the fact that you remember them and theyll recognize you for that. Very laid back place to work.
One of my first jobs.
Crew Member (Former Employee), North Branch, MNAugust 25, 2015
KFC and Taco bell was the start to my work life. I held this job for 6 months before moving to Florida. Almost became manager.
summer fast food employment
Fast Food Worker (Summer Employment) (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOAugust 24, 2015
This was a part time job I held in the summers while attending college. It was a good summer job but not my work life ambition.
Typical work day
Team Member (Current Employee), Dallas, NCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Growing in personal strength and customer service skills.
Cons: Hot working enviroment
Greeting guest and taking their orders, as well as, packing their order and taking care of any other needs as a customer to reach satisfactory. Stocking side items if that is my duty for the day instead of taking care if customers, I would take care of making sure all product stays stocked where we won't run out for customers.
Wonderful job with wonderful people
Crew Member (Former Employee), Sun City, ArizonaAugust 23, 2015
I had reasonable management, and I didn't dread going to work every morning. In the short time that I worked there, I felt like I was properly taught and could have, within a short time, acquired a management position. My co-workers became my best friends and I didn't wake up dreading work.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee), Newton, MSAugust 22, 2015
it is a busy place. customer service varies. hours depends. fast pace environment. hard to get a rasie and sometime the management there is not what it should be.
often disorganized, counter productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Ladera Ranch, CAAugust 22, 2015
the restaurant was closed down for the same reason i give it a bad review, the service was not very good in terms of management and time efficiency
Fun and cooperative
Intern (Former Employee), Hemet, CAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Free meals & 20% discounts
Cons: No set schedules
Kentucky Fried Chicken is fun and cooperative establishment. the management is nice and understands its workers.Each day was exciting and a learning experience. A day at work was fun and enjoyable.My co-workers were nice and caring. They made work days fun. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were not patient and understanding in times when we were short on people. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming into work with a happy and joyful attitude.
cook
Cook (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 21, 2015
maintain cleanliness cook and prepare food mop floors prepare dough close store get store ready for the people who work behide you.
friendly workplace and family placce for dinner
Customer service (Former Employee), CLeveland,TNAugust 21, 2015
Pros: available hours
Cons: no communication with employees
when i started at the bright age of 15 looking back now it taught me too much to name. The best learning experience i learned was managing my own money. i learned how to serve people and have happy customers. it taught me the basic skills needed to run a business. i now know what and how much it takes to have a booming public business.
a nice place to work i loved the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), greenville , ncAugust 21, 2015
Pros: half price lunch or meals
Cons: short breaks or no breaks not getting enough hours
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the general public. getting to meet new people. getting to see someone smile or laugh just to know i helped someone even it it was just carrying their tray to the trash or something small.
Not a good place for employment at all
Cashier (Former Employee), Lady Lake, FLAugust 20, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, friendly customers
Cons: lack of management, no hours
Though I only worked here for a short time I feel that I was treated poorly and wasn't trained properly. Though I enjoy eating at the restaurants I feel that this particular location treated me poorly. I started as a packer and wasn't really trained on how to do my job just quickly shown or more like told and then thrown into the station. I feel that the management did nothing but sit in the office or on their cell phones all day and not help their employees at the time of rush. I was often sent home early or called and told not to come in because labor was low. Eventually it got to the point where I became upset and finally quit at this location. Due to the lack of management, lack of hours, and it felt as if I was treated poorly.
It was a great work place and a good environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Rosenberg, TXAugust 19, 2015
It was a good work place environment. the mangers their taught me a lot I needed to learn to be a shift leader. I enjoyed working as a team with my team members. The environment their was always cheerful and fun to be around
Industry