KFC
5,247 reviews

KFC United States Employee Reviews

food prep
Kitchen Crew/Food Prep (Former Employee), Willmar, MNApril 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I did not like it a lot did talk to coworkers.prepared food. I didn't like it a lot. I didn't learn that much n/a most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with others.
This is a great place to work.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, InApril 25, 2015
KFC was a great place to work. They appreciated their employees and the management team. this is a place where anyone can advance.
Friendly and common curtesy to keep customer satisfaction
Cook & Manager (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCApril 25, 2015
Start a day with fresh quality product on time of opening. Have the chance to do multiple jobs. Unload product and rotate to keep fresh food.
Productive fast food environment work
Assistant Shift Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Great team environment
Cons: Pay wasn't what was expected for an assistant manager
A typical day at work consisted of getting the store opened, getting prep work set up, taking inventory for the shift manager, supervising and directing employees, counting the day's proceeds for the manager to make bank deposits, and closing the store. The management team was great, so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone on the same page at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually coming in because everyone had great attitudes for the most part, and it made the job much easier to do.
Good
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSApril 24, 2015
Pros: ETC
Cons: Short Breaks
Busy day almost all the time for me. I learned how work in paste worker was okay at times it wasnt a hard day at all for me the most enjoyable time was working with coworkers in also customers..
stressful
Cook/ Cashier (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: under paid
Ready to quit everyday but it pays the bills. I learned that you can train someone here and they can get a management position before you. The hardest part about my job is i do everyone's job. I just enjoy the free food and the people.
love our regulars
Cashier/Crew Member (Current Employee), rohnert park caApril 24, 2015
Pros: experince, advancment oppertunities, great hours, less than 1 mile from my home, love my co workers, build and maintaine friendships with customers
Cons: extremly busy most of the time, no benefits
i love to see a smile on a customers face after assisting their needs, i have the greatest boss and great co workers we are a strong team we always look out for one another,
the hardest part of the job was in the beginning learning their menu,
what i love the most about kfc is being part of a team and each member's role is very important i love that everyone is aware of thier duties and they are always willing to do extra to help.
fast paced but fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Edmond, OKApril 23, 2015
Pros: awesome job
Cons: language bariier with some employees
great hours and pay
learned how to do a schedule as well as learn where to place the employees for their daily tasks
managed the store
inventory was fun
good break periods
can get tension if the store got to busy and running low on chicken
productive workplace, yet hard work
cashier/manager (Former Employee), panama city beach, floridaApril 23, 2015
Pros: one free meal per shift.
Cons: limited space/equipment - shorthanded
Working at KFC was a very good experience for me for many reasons. This job taught me patience and helped me further my skills in balancing more than one task at a time. Needless to say, any job in the restaurant business is hard work! A few qualities that the KFC that I worked at had were as follows- we were always short staffed, there was a constant wait for chicken due to the amount of customers everyday, and limited space to work in. Our environment was always clean and the whole work crew always got along and did very well together. Our location was Panama City Beach, therefore we had loads of customers. When you are short staffed and have limited space and equipment, it is hard to keep everyone happy. That is why I would label this job as a "sweat breaker" . Management was always very strict. Before I became a manager, I always watched to see how everything was ran. There was only one manager at the time who could successfully handle a rush and make sure everything was in order. Therefore, I went to her to learn all the do's and don'ts of managing. The most enjoyable part of the job would probably have to be meeting new people everyday and seeing the smiles on the customers faces!
Great experience
Cahier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2015
Working at waist management has taught me to work as hard as I can and always achieve every goals I can. It started off as a challenge for me but in the end It was an exciting experience.
Good job, no advancement/benefits, above minimum wage pay, good workers.
Crew member (Former Employee), North Bend, ORApril 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: benefits/advancement
I liked this job and the customers, I just don't like the franchisee company that I worked for. We had free food whenever we wanted, but took 15 minute breaks every four hours.
resume
Cook (Former Employee), Norfolk,vaApril 22, 2015
At work I always have a great day
I learn new things everyday
The management at this job is great
my co-workers are very nice and respectful
he hardest part of the job or me was going back in forth from this place to that place
The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to know people
fun work with a group of co-workers with one goal keep customers coming back
Shift Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee), Sheffield, OHApril 22, 2015
come in and get the store ready with my team members. as a cook I would have to get the food prepped and ready to cook have it done before lunch rush as well as maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and the dinning area/outside parking lot. I learned how to juggle the many hats I would have to wear such as cook and then becoming supervisor I had to deal with payroll and scheduling also making sure we had few problems if any with our service from my co-workers. my co-workers enjoyed the time they had with me as a leader and co-worker. the hardest part about this job was not being able to help everybody at once but I did my best to make that visit a great one. the most enjoyable part about this job was seeing customers thank me and my co-workers for great servious and returning back to our store because of it
fun place to work
Team Trainer (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAApril 22, 2015
great place to work for a person that is into a flexible schedule and/or in high school looking to get their feet wet in the working lifestyle.
NICE WORK PLACE
Cashier (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
CUSTOMER SERVICE PREPARING MEALS TAKING ORDERS HANDLING MONEY CO WORKERS WERE FUN TO HANG AROUND MANAGER WAS GREAT.. THE BEST AND ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS KNOWING THAT THE CUSTOMERS WERE HAPPY WITH THE ORDER AND IT WAS DONE IN A PROFESSIONALLY TIME
Poorly staffed, under paid
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bay areaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Low wages, over worked, under staffed
Typical day at work would consist of being poorly staffed. The hardest part was picking up the slack when their wasn't enough employees. I learned how to manage shifts, employees, and required paper work. Most of my co workers felt overworked and underpaid. Management was pressured by their bosses to produce results that was almost impossible because of the limited amount of resources.
friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: nothing
a very friendly working environment. Really good management. Treat the employee as family. Employee works without any complain. Well mannered customers. Most of them are regular customer. known by employees.
Wonderful friendly place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Euless, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Fast service
Cons: N/A
A day working at KFC was different and exciting I learned alot about fast paced food service the management was friendly and understanding. My co workers loved to help eachother out. One of the hardest this about the job would have to be a rush hour while trying to maintain cleanliness in the restaurant, But the most thing i loved about the job was the customers always left happy
Lousy benefits, pay, and work environment
Cashier, Employee Trainer, Cleaning Captain (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
The pay is terrible, there are never any raises because management is either too busy to do evals or they "can't afford it". They make promises they can't keep. I was supposedly offered a management position that would require a one month "trial" period in which I would not yet have a raise. Come the one month mark they came up with an excuse not to give said raise despite my great performance. Needless to say I wasn't there much longer after that.
Stable Job
Manager (Former Employee), Bozeman, MTApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: Very Time demanding
I have a Family and this job provided job security year around. The employees were very professional and fun to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more

KFC Salaries