KFC Employee Reviews

ok but not for most families needing higher salaries
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 13, 2017
job is mostly for teenagers. wages for entry level positions at a lower rate than that of a person that needs to support a family. management, however can pay well
work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDDecember 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job was dealing with stressful customers, and the management was not that great. The co-workers i encountered with they are still good friends i have made over the years.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Slow paced
Fast pace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSDecember 13, 2017
Meeting different people and cooking and making biscuit talking to a fun and lively staff every day who enjoyed coming to work. Talking about the fun they had at school
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Great working place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 13, 2017
KFC had a great working place, very clean and great coworkers. The managers were very nice and fair, just the salary per hour was low at the time. Wood rework for the company because I had a great experience just never got to advance because of higher management decisions.
Pros
Good starting job to work your way up.
Cons
Alot of work
Wanted full time was promise full time. Ni full time and i was doing more then just my position it was too stressful.
Cashier/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Union City, GADecember 13, 2017
Didn't have enough man power for the production going out. I couldn't keep up trying to be in three different positions bagging, takung orders while trying to prep cook too for $7.55 an hr...
Good for Young adults getting on their feet
Training Shift Manager, First-Line Supervisors (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCDecember 13, 2017
I worked for this company for 2 years. A typical day would be busy, stressful, and rough. I learned how to change the way I approach obstacles. The management is horrible. None of the management team helps or speaks to the other management. I knew all positions and began training as a manager but did NOT get the pay. I trained for almost 1 year before I had to quit. The low pay does not help pay bills at all. If any young high schoolers that do not really have anything to pay , this would be a great job for you! The hardest part of the job was honestly the un-organization of the company. They ask way to much for the minimum wage they start you at.
Pros
free food, works with any schedules
Cons
Healthcare, low pay, management not organized, does NOT promote those in a timely manner
very physical, fast-pace
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 12, 2017
Worked at kfc for 18yrs and so did 90% of my co-workers. Our boss was tuogh but fair and considerate. This is where I learned how to truly manage. Doing projections, inventory, payroll, solving scheduling problems, running a shift short handed. Overall this job was a great experience.
Pros
Salary
Cons
working 6 days a week and no weekends off
Positive environment with good management.
Cook, Prep, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 12, 2017
I would arrive at 9 AM, Monday-Friday. Come in, start getting my table set up and turn the fryers on and ready to cook chicken. I would begin with pre breading and blanching chicken tenders. After finishing that I date and put them in the chicken walk in to store and be used throughout the day. After that, I start with our Original Recipe Chicken, drop in oil and set the timer. After that I drop the crispy chicken recipe and set the timer, followed by dropping some chicken tenders. While waiting for the product to come up I clean my area. After the area is clean I stay productive and help anywhere else I may be needed. Once the product is done I then pull it out of the oil and rack it up and put time tags on it. After that, I run the finished product up to the front ovens to be maintained until sold. This is all before we open at 10:30 AM. After opening, I am responsible for keeping a steady flow of chicken until 4 o'clock PM. Daily I am also responsible for a few deep cleaning tasks as well as making sure the trash is taken out to the dumpster.
Pros
Unlike most fast food environments, good management, willing to work with schedule
Cons
Extremely hot in the cooking area in the summer, high demand of chicken to be produced every day, stocking heavy boxes twice a week(chicken, flour, oil, etc.)
Not so good
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 12, 2017
I all I did was work hard and completed all my task. Didn't really learned much but too stay on my feet and always be on task. The management was pretty good always looked out for me cause of my lack of experiment.
Pros
Free lunch, good discounts
Cons
short breaks.
review for kfc
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 12, 2017
working at kfc as a cashier was very fasted paced and there would be a lot of customers that order food and also. the pay was pk the hours were up to grab
Has improved with speed and courtesy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 12, 2017
Well I've been at KFC for 6 years..I didn't get a raise until my 4th year which was 25 cents.. So no the pay hasnt been great but I have to say that being there has greatly enhanced my ability to deal with guests and and improved my work ethics as well.
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
Poor leadership
I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 12, 2017
I worked the cash register so when it got busy, it got busy! I guess that can be stressful for some people but I took it very well. The management was okay for the most part. When I was leaving the job the management became very poor. The hardest part of the day for me I guess would be doing dishes lol. That was just not my forte.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11216December 12, 2017
Great pricing always deals going on great food fun staff fast service manager is always on duty and attentive fresh food always clean bathroom and lobby
Not Great
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MNDecember 12, 2017
Very negative environment. Above restaurant leaders are not helpful. My family is owed back pay for months of work and the company won’t even take my request. Getting a lawyer is next on my list...
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
i loved keeping the customers happy with good tasting quality food i loved being apart of a winning store as the cook i play a big part of success i loved being apart of that CHAMPS
Pros
free meal
Not worth it
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CADecember 11, 2017
Worked here as a supervisor at a very young age. It was only a stepping stone to obtain supervisory and/or management experience so that other avenues can be explored. Very low pay but high work volumes.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Minimum Wage Pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 11, 2017
The job was just another minimum wage job where the management expects you to work hard but will not compensate you with more days or more hours at least.
Fast
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2017
It is a fast-paced job and can be very busy at times. It is stressful and hard when understaffed and didn't always receive a break. Overall it was a good job at the time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 97302December 11, 2017
Manager was nice and friendly. Had a young crew that was nice and easy to work with. Wish you got paid every two weeks instead of monthly but great place overall.
it was a decent job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 11, 2017
It was an ok place to work. It was very fast paced and stressful one of the managers there treated me unfairly compared to the others she talked bad behind my back. The other manager was decently nice was kind of a creep.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.