KFC
4,939 reviews

KFC Employer Reviews

Great Work enviorment
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Aberdeen, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Really enjoyable work environment. Friendly staff and managers, Flexible hours. Good hours and great communication throughout the store.
it was okay
Cashier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAFebruary 27, 2015
I don't remember too much because of the time frame.it was okay to be there.the employees could have been a bit more helpful but I want bigge and better oppurtunities.
productive enviroment, positive attitudes, costumer service, team work.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 1/2 price on the delicious chicken.
Cons: short breaks
working at a fast food restaurant, I learn the importance of team work and costumer satisfaction. Working as a team made the job easier and enjoyable, and a sense of self satisfaction when a costumer left the restaurant happy and satisfied with the service we provided. Everyday was a busy, always on the move, that's how I learning to multitask.
Poor Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VaFebruary 26, 2015
Having to get up and go to this job everyday was just something that I could not Stand to do. I didn't learn anything everything I did learn I figured ot on my own.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Some of my duties were :

Stocking the items. Sauces, cups, utensils etc.
Greeting the customers, with a smile. :)
Taking their food order in a timely manner.
Preparing their food order in a timely manner.
Serving them their food order in a timely manner.
Keeping the restaurant clean and orderly.

I learned:

At that job, I learned how to multitask a bit better. To just take my time when it comes to helping someone out. If you rush things when you help a customer they will not feel comfortable with their decision as well as they could be, then if your were patient and understanding with them. You can always go back to what you are doing as long as it is in a timely manner

Management and Co-workers:

The management and co-workers at KFC are very polite and professional.

The most enjoyable thing about my job there was having the ability to have different tasks to do during the day.
Busy workplace with short staff and no benefits
Team Member (Current Employee), Bryan, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: meal discounts, friendly customers, not difficult to perform duties.
Cons: unprofessional and poorly managed, unpaid breaks, no opportunities for benefits or healthcare, no opportunities for salary increases.
Duties include regular cleaning, cash handling, food prep, and customer service. I acquired a large amount of important kitchen safety and cleaning skills. Management is small and not very effective. The toughest part of the job is making up for the short-staff problem. The work environment is not professional, as a company we receive many customer complaints on management and the younger staff members. The most enjoyable part of a job at Kentucky Fried Chicken and A&W restaurants is putting a smile on the customers' faces, and keeping up with regular customers.
Good Starter Job
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: rude customers
I met a lot of good people here, was my first job ever right out of highschool. I learned so much from here. I continue to be friends with the remaining employees and management after I have moved on.
Must have patients
Cashier, Drive Through, and Packer (Former Employee), Havelock,North CarolinaFebruary 25, 2015
very fast work. everyone thinks they are mangers and can tell everyone what to do except if they need to do something they get huffy. i worked and tried to keep everyone at peace. got in trouble for doing dishes and other varies things of that nature. managers have favorites and if they don't like you they give you twice as much work and they huddle in the office and gossip the whole time your working during a rush. they get mad if you ask for help because your job is suppose to be able to handle ten to fifteen customers at once alone. but when you apply for the job they say they are a team.
Horrible work place
Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Maryville, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Typical Friday Night: Customers walking out, GM Screaming at all workers, rude to customers. Found dead animal in car from employee
very productive
Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Columbus, MSFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunch break
Cons: no healthcare coverage because i was part time
A typical day at work was a productive day filled with orders and customers with high demands. However the employees were always respectful and had a positive attitude throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was learning all the deals the company put out monthly and remembering everything on the menu.
Very rapid work with little time to slack
Cashier/Food Packer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: low pay for work done
A typical day at work was very predictable, work harder for myself and also others which in the end had me feeling like I had an management position. I have learned how to humble myself not only for work but also as a person. The management at KFC wasnt as strong as the company expectation at the time. The co-workers I worked with was good to get along with but performance was what I was much more concerned about because in the end, your performance will make or brake you working at a company, not your friendships made there. The hardest part of working at KFC was carrying myself like a manager because of lack of work and effort from the managers. The most enjoyable part at KFC was to come to work with a nice big smile every day and make people smile with the best customer service I could everyday.
KFC is a fun place to work with a lot of fun people. The work is easy
cook/dishes (Current Employee), Jenison, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: no benefits
I always know what to do next. I am very good at getting us out of there in a timely manner. The management has an impressively great ability to make the employees happy.
Working in fast food
Cashier and Kitchen Preparation (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great management, health care
Cons: low pay, little benefits
A typical work day was 4-8 hour shifts sometimes a 10 hour shift. I learned that fast food isnt a easy place to work in. Management was very good had different managers throughout the work week. Co-workers were all different age groups and different cultures. The hardest part of the job was working with different customers and the most enjoyable part was working with the co-workers.
Fun Place to work
Cashier/Packer (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
It was a good place to work because the people were really nice and helped you when you needed help they also helped you with the schedule if needed. on a daily basis things went pretty smoothed and face paced.
discounts on food
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHFebruary 23, 2015
typical day would be to come in for set up,workers usually there on time everybody is friends its just not many really would like to go out of their way to help one another
my review
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was always busy busy just stayed focused and took care of what needed to do.My Co-workers are awsome i love interacting with them and having fun as we worked.The hardest part of the job i would have to say is when there wasnt no communication from them to me
A great place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Ionia, MiFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day of work consists of prepping and cooking food. I have learned how to cook/ and prepare food. Management was great. Co workers were friendly.
Fast Pace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 22, 2015
Love staying busy, this is a fast pace job. I love my hours. 8-4 Tuesday-Friday, those hours are perfect for my outside busy life and being a full time college student.
Learned:
-Teamwork
-Coaching/Training
-Patience
Worst Job ever.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Athens, ALFebruary 22, 2015
It seems like I was the only one at kfc who truly cared about the customer. I was the only one who ever properly cleaned. The managers never said that we did a good job. The always criticized us on how we could be better .
No real advancement oppurtunity
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Mountain Home, ARFebruary 22, 2015
low pay stressful work ungrateful customers working with employees that do bare minimum longest 10 years of my life got a college degree to get out of there so far still trying

1 2 3 4 5

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more