KFC Employee Reviews

Found 5,956 reviews matching the search
Good place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 21, 2017
It was a good learning experience for me. I was able to work my way from a cashier to manager in no time. I did not like the way they had me train my boss, and then they let me go because she wanted her friend to work with her.
Everyone becomes Family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Good memories working here. You do get close with people. A good job if you don't mind working minimum wage. When it gets slow, it can be relaxing wiping tables. When it gets busy, you have to be the right person to run drive-through. That being said, the KFC Menu is rather complex, so if you don't have it memorized by heart, the Drive through with drive through you.
Pros
Free meal each shift.
Cons
Drive thru can be really stressful.
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVFebruary 20, 2017
I learned how to run a cash register and take on multiple duties in a single given shift. Cleaning, taking orders, and using good customer service skills all come in handy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Occasional non-busy shift
Productive and fun work environment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerfield, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. They are fun and friendly and trying to better the work place everyday. I have to say it was hard to keep up on the cooking but I enjoyed almost everyday at this KFC.
Pros
Smoke breaks, free lunch.
Cons
N/A
kfc
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHFebruary 20, 2017
it a great place to work with very friendly staff i leared a lot of helpful things working here it improve my working skills
A typical day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 20, 2017
A day at works for me was running front line cash register and greeting customers. After customer ordered you tried to upsell to one more thing. While waiting on customers you would make sure front line was clean.
Pros
Free drinks while working and half off food
Cons
not having enough food when crowd of customers came in
Fast food industry
les & Ileene - cashier/ shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  12st ogden utahFebruary 20, 2017
I learned to how to cook and make so many different types of foods. I went from being a cashier to a manager as well. It was hard to balance my life and work life due to not having a set schedule
Job was aggravating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 19, 2017
At the time the workplace was managed by young adults. They didn't really have there priorities in order. But overall it was a pretty decent job.
Deplorable place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 19, 2017
The KFC experience is very poor.The employers are over worked and not given their incentives. Their is frequent drug use on the job as well as drinking. The co-workers and upper management were the most difficult part of the job.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
an absolute hostile work enviroment.
Okay place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 19, 2017
Issues with coworkers. Start at minimum then give you a raise after probationary period. Provided uniforms and work shoes. Coworkers we're lazy and didn't do much work, we're always playing on their phone.
Stop making me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 19, 2017
I don't wish to further review this. It is unfair of Indeed.com to make me do this. Indeed.com is unprofessional for making this review a requirement.
Pros
free food
Cons
generaly unpleasant
Productive Workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hokes Bluff, ALFebruary 18, 2017
Clean, Cook, Prep food, serve, Manage employees, manage money. The workplace was very fun and fast. The hardest part of the job was rush hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people smile.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
no breaks
It was a nice job for high school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2017
It was a great learning experience. I learned great people skills and also customer service skills. The management may be very unprofessional but the things you'll learn and the family you'll make will be worth it.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Management is very supportive and team members are normally very helpful. I would recommend this job to anyone in Hillsborough
Kfc
Cook (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHFebruary 18, 2017
being a cook. It wasnt the hardest thing or easiest. we had our busy and slow times. I learned how to have pateince with this job. A typical day at work was a easy paced but not being to slow.
Pros
good breaks, good hours
Cons
mean co workers
Fun place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2017
Management is fun, working in the fast food business has taught me a lot about treating other fast food people with respect! They do a lot for the customers.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 17, 2017
this was a very good job. i always felt safe and all of my coworkers were kind and super helpful with what i did not know. i enjoyed interacting with the costumers.
Kfc
food prep (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 17, 2017
Its so much fun to be there. I love preparing the food for the customers. The customers enjoy the food. Its a clean restaurant. The customers are so happy.
I got food poisoning 4 separate times while working at KFC.
Team Member/Cashier/Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Co workers were amazing, management was lenient, work was easy but the food quality and restaurant were gross. I couldn't trust any food that was not frozen and deep fried (I.e. potato wedges popcorn chicken and chicken strips) eating the chicken made me physically ill on multiple occasions. When I would call in sick because of the food I would be treated as though it were my fault and be ridiculed although I was never the one improperly making the chicken.
Not worth the minimum wage
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Dirty, late on sending my W2's out. Good part was its a okay job for a 16 yr old. Hardest part was trying not to bur yourself when packing food and cleaning up.
Cons
Never got breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9