KFC
4,775 reviews

KFC Employer Reviews

Happy place to work. Love the customers and customer appreciation
Customer Service (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lack of managerial communication
doing job specified job duties and learning different ways to communication with different ethnicities effectively. hardest part of my job is trying to make everyone happy at the same time. but the most enjoyable part to working for this company would be that I met a lot of diverse people.
good job if you wan the hours
Shift Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts on meals, 30 minute breaks, if slow you can go home early, direct deposit, pay on saturdays.
Cons: no benefits, have to be with company a year or more before ou can get a raise
KFC is a really good place if you need the hours. this job is really good for college students the management is really good about working around those hours. You have your slow days and your busy days but you always need to be staying busy because there is always something that has to be done. The hardest part about working there is sometimes you get some customers you cant satisfy but don't let it get to you as long as you are being as polite as you can be and providing the best customer service there is nothing that can go wrong for you. the good thing I like about kfc is you always have help your not by yourself, if you have questions there is always someone there to help.
Fun job
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: start at the bottom of the food chain
KFC is indeed a job I enjoyed immensely. Apart from the frequent change of managers. The team welcomed me greatly. It was a great experience.
nice place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIJanuary 24, 2015
every one did thery jobs and help each other and the management help us a lot. Every one was nice and respect to each other. I learn how too cook chicken and how to deal with guest
terrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mansfield, PAJanuary 24, 2015
Managers don't help at all. Everyone used to do what they wanted and didn't care how it affected everyone else. Always training new people because they can't keep workers.
Satisfing customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Rossville ,tnJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: vacation time off
Cons: expensive health care
Coming to work preparing for the day . Then satisfying customers with their hunger needs. I learned from this job how to deal with the people in the right manner. The management was the typical management. The co-workers were normal co-workers. The hardest part of the job was remembering that the customers were always right. The most enjoying part of the job was making the customers happy
It's not a horrible place but they could work on a lot
Cashier/ Food Packer (Former Employee), Hope Mills, NCJanuary 23, 2015
I learned how to use a cash register and how to make a few new dishes. There was some drama between the coworkers which could make work very hard sometimes. This was one of the busiest KFC's in the area so when we were busy things got really hectic. I loved this job but I feel it needs a lot of inside work and help on things like customer service, speed, and cleaning.
Productive and serious work place
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Overall the experience at KFC is always exciting to the say the least.
A fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Irondequoit, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off you meals
Cons: favoritism
A typical day of work at Kentucky fried chicken consisted of me coming in counting down my cashier before taking any orders. Assisting any of my co-workers when ever needed. For the most part, the managers were nice, The hardest part of the job was closing. I think closers have the responsibility of making sure everything is set up and ready for the next morning. I think the afternoon crew get away with a lot of slack because they know closers are responsible for cleaning at the end of the day. I got along with mostly all of my co-workers. We would have our fun but we always got the job done as a team.
Great Comapny to work for.
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: loved the fast pace
Cons: long hours
great benefits, 12 hours most day. Enjoyed employees hard working people. Loved the job fast pace
a great place to work
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benifits
I loved working at KFC. I enjoyed working with people. I learned a lot.
great place to work
team leader (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2015
great place to work was a fun fast pace environment i enjoyed my job
Terrible place to work
Service Champion/Cashier (Former Employee), Northampton, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: everything
The GM for this store had no business understanding. The weekly order was always wrong and we would end up without products. The schedule was always changing and it was the employees faults. I wasn't paid for all the hours that I worked and the situations were never handled correctly.
fun ,job that uses time wisely
crew (Former Employee), rockford ilJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: longer shifts ment longer breaks
Cons: not enough hours
i worked at KFC for a little less than three months over the summer. it was a great first time expierence.The work i did was not easy but no hard,just a challange. Working here made me learn to take responsibility to be on time,make sure im prepared ,ive also learned to control how to talk to someone during a situation,like how to and how not to react. Now i wasnt given much hours to work,but when i was on schedule,i was working hard.
Productive Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Working in the fast food industry, You learn how to be patient. I worked with great people. The hardest part of the job was not having what the customer wants at that time, and not meets the customer expectations. The enjoyable part is when the customer is happy
cashier
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
well a typical day would be i would get the cashier ready for the day and would take orders and the managment was pretty good and the co-workers would help you out when you need help and the hardest part was getting use to doing drive-thru and the cashier.
THE PEOPLE WAS ALWAYS HAPPY
Team Member (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 21, 2015
IT WAS A LIL BUSY SOMETIMES I ENJOYED COMING WORKING WITH CUSTOMER
All together an enjoyable experience.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Dunnellon, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch, the opportunity to work alongside friends, the ability to make new friends and keep customer service as high as possible
Cons: no breaks, poor communicational with the establishments owners, lack of direction from the gm, no benefits or chances of receiving raises in compensation.
Before management, a typical day consisted of working around a plethora of cultured people; ranging from new faces to our daily regular customers. Duties included stocking, cleaning, working the buffet, cash register, customer service and working alongside management to provide the highest customer service ratings for the day/quarter/ect...
Once I became a manager my daily duties became inventory management, team success throughout the day, role play in our active work environment, suggestive sales, up-sales (meaning attempts to produce higher income per customer in the act of suggesting items they may want after they've completed their order) data entry throughout the day, keeping close contact with the owners of the establishment in order to maintain status quo, and lastly keeping all machines running with thorough inspection throughout the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was making sure each and every customer who either came through our doors or through our drive-thru walked out or drove away with a smile on their face & a guaranteed "we'll be back"
The hardest part of the job for me was working through some of the unorganization, as we were a franchise, there were many rules that were implemented with only minimal instruction on how to maintain and produce the desired outcomes for each new rule implemented.
I loved my co-workers as they made the long and tireless days more and more enjoyable with each time we were placed together for our daily duties, they definitely made my experience at KFC very enjoyable.
I learned that no matter what there will be days where certain situations may arise causing issues, but no matter what you must maintain a cool head and persevere towards the goal at hand, whether that may be daily sales, an inspection, or even just keeping tempo with the team.
great managers
cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJanuary 21, 2015
come in at 1030 get everything prepared for the day as in supplies and money then take orders and clean when not busy and then sweep and wash tables off before leaving and cleaning bathrooms before leaving also helping other people with their jobs when not busy
Overall Satisfied
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Front Royal, KFCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: customers, crew
Cons: upper management
KFC is an okay company to work for. I use the word "okay" because the franchise that I work for does not offer benefits for management or crew members. A typical day at work can be stressful, but every day is different as well. I love to interact with customers, some who I see on a regular basis and know them by name. The hardest part of the job is running the restaurant and managing the crew that are working there.

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more