KFC Employee Reviews

Positive environment with good management.
Cook, Prep, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 12, 2017
I would arrive at 9 AM, Monday-Friday. Come in, start getting my table set up and turn the fryers on and ready to cook chicken. I would begin with pre breading and blanching chicken tenders. After finishing that I date and put them in the chicken walk in to store and be used throughout the day. After that, I start with our Original Recipe Chicken, drop in oil and set the timer. After that I drop the crispy chicken recipe and set the timer, followed by dropping some chicken tenders. While waiting for the product to come up I clean my area. After the area is clean I stay productive and help anywhere else I may be needed. Once the product is done I then pull it out of the oil and rack it up and put time tags on it. After that, I run the finished product up to the front ovens to be maintained until sold. This is all before we open at 10:30 AM. After opening, I am responsible for keeping a steady flow of chicken until 4 o'clock PM. Daily I am also responsible for a few deep cleaning tasks as well as making sure the trash is taken out to the dumpster.
Pros
Unlike most fast food environments, good management, willing to work with schedule
Cons
Extremely hot in the cooking area in the summer, high demand of chicken to be produced every day, stocking heavy boxes twice a week(chicken, flour, oil, etc.)
Not so good
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 12, 2017
I all I did was work hard and completed all my task. Didn't really learned much but too stay on my feet and always be on task. The management was pretty good always looked out for me cause of my lack of experiment.
Pros
Free lunch, good discounts
Cons
short breaks.
review for kfc
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 12, 2017
working at kfc as a cashier was very fasted paced and there would be a lot of customers that order food and also. the pay was pk the hours were up to grab
Has improved with speed and courtesy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 12, 2017
Well I've been at KFC for 6 years..I didn't get a raise until my 4th year which was 25 cents.. So no the pay hasnt been great but I have to say that being there has greatly enhanced my ability to deal with guests and and improved my work ethics as well.
Pros
They work with your schedule
Cons
Poor leadership
I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 12, 2017
I worked the cash register so when it got busy, it got busy! I guess that can be stressful for some people but I took it very well. The management was okay for the most part. When I was leaving the job the management became very poor. The hardest part of the day for me I guess would be doing dishes lol. That was just not my forte.
Pros
Free lunches, long breaks
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11216December 12, 2017
Great pricing always deals going on great food fun staff fast service manager is always on duty and attentive fresh food always clean bathroom and lobby
Not Great
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  MNDecember 12, 2017
Very negative environment. Above restaurant leaders are not helpful. My family is owed back pay for months of work and the company won’t even take my request. Getting a lawyer is next on my list...
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
i loved keeping the customers happy with good tasting quality food i loved being apart of a winning store as the cook i play a big part of success i loved being apart of that CHAMPS
Pros
free meal
Not worth it
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CADecember 11, 2017
Worked here as a supervisor at a very young age. It was only a stepping stone to obtain supervisory and/or management experience so that other avenues can be explored. Very low pay but high work volumes.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Minimum Wage Pay
Cook (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 11, 2017
The job was just another minimum wage job where the management expects you to work hard but will not compensate you with more days or more hours at least.
Fast
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2017
It is a fast-paced job and can be very busy at times. It is stressful and hard when understaffed and didn't always receive a break. Overall it was a good job at the time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salem, OR 97302December 11, 2017
Manager was nice and friendly. Had a young crew that was nice and easy to work with. Wish you got paid every two weeks instead of monthly but great place overall.
it was a decent job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIDecember 11, 2017
It was an ok place to work. It was very fast paced and stressful one of the managers there treated me unfairly compared to the others she talked bad behind my back. The other manager was decently nice was kind of a creep.
Productive work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 11, 2017
Very positive great team we all was like family. Everything was organize everyone was always on time for their shift prep station was always clean food prep was stamp and dated with correct times I very much enjoyed my experience working with KFC.
Can be fast at times other is super slow. discont on some food not all up to 50 percent off
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, MODecember 11, 2017
With a typical work day you get there you stock and cook or clean some dishes/lobby. Hardest part is keeping up with what forecast shows versus what the actual sells could be.
Pros
Half of meals and potitanl free meals
Cons
Little to no break and have to work for 2 years to be offered insurance
It's normal fast food work
Fry Cook / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIDecember 11, 2017
You can't ask for much when applying for a job at KFC, you're going to receive minimal hours, garbage pay, and poor management for the most part. You're a peon that will get no respect. But hey, if this is anything beyond a first time job for somebody you failed along the way and probably don't expect much more than that.
Cons
hot, stinky, dirty work
Very productive
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 10, 2017
Making sure supplies and food are ready to go for the day. Workplace can be very relaxed but can also get very up paced during lunch time. Most enjoyable part was the free food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Late nights
the job is a ok job. something to have thats better then nothing.
Fry Cook (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 10, 2017
the job is a good job. its good for people who are looking for part time job. I'm looking for something better. doesn't pays good and there hours are short, also to many people work there. this is not a job you would want to spend your life doing.
Pros
discount on your food is the only good thing.
Cons
they dont like giving you hours, and i need as much as i can.
kfc was a fun workplace where everyone made you feel welcomed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 10, 2017
Pros

food when you work
very nice
good food
Must be speedy and nice no matter what happens
Realy do all the jobs

Cons

Everything is time
Must deep clean
wait till your person come to work if you want to get off

Advice to Management

Rebuild and fix everything
Fast paced and fun work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest City, FLDecember 10, 2017
Fast paced, fun work environment
I learned a lot about customer service
I met and worked with some great people
The most challenging part was not always having the right answers
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.