KFC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,090 reviews matching the search
Great learning and growing experience
Cashier and Packer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2016
On a busy day, we were always able to keep up with the pace because of the training we had prior to getting the position. The management was always helpful in this skill set because they pushed us to stay on top of our game. We were a strong team because of the great communication skills and customer service skills we developed over time. KFC was a friendly and energetic environment to work and be in. My co-workers were supportive, and never put themselves first. We always helped each other in executing our tasks effectively. I enjoyed being a worker here at KFC because I've learned so much on how to become the best worker I could be, and I've grown into one.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new friendly people, learn a lot.
Cons
short breaks, low pay for such hard work, hot during the summer(no AC)
Productive but not reliable.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 2, 2016
A typical day at work was productive and busy. I honestly didn't learn anything from this job that I didn't already know. Management was unreliable, unorganized and would be very disrespectful to fellow co-workers. My co-workers were awesome. Always respectful, caring, and always on top of their job. The hardest part of the job was trying to clean the restaurant at night and be done by a certain time while customers were still coming into the lobby. The most enjoyable part of the day was whenever I had downtime to clean and restock the lobby and cashier area.
Pros
25-50% off on employee meals.
Cons
Management.
Fun and fast environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZMay 31, 2016
Being in management is very secure, The job itself is a lot of fun if you find challenging and fast paced work environments to be fun, as I do. I would say the hardest part of the job is the problem solving, I happen to be very good at it, as I have been there for five years. But when a piece of equipment goes down, sometimes you will need to try to fix the equipment or come up with an alternative form while still having the final product come out to standard. Other than that the job itself very easy and self explanatory, following the procedures and standards is the easiest. and when you have a strong team working together, the entire store is an exciting place to be.
Pros
free meals, bonuses
Cons
budget cuts, healthcare, long hours
Fun and Friendly work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 12, 2015
A typical day at work is doing your job right and done on time. Clock in, wash hands and get to work. Work the cashier and hand the customers their food and always with a smile on your face..

You learn something new everyday. Dont be shy, ask for help if you need it. Someone is always there and is willing to help.

Management is awesome, funny, friendly, and understanding.

Co-workers are great, fun, friendly and willing to help if needed.

The hardest part of the day is not finishing your job right or on time. Making your boss and customers mad, because they are always right.

The most enjoyable part of the day is finishing your job right, Making everyone including yourself happy with your work, knowing i can provide for my children and myself and making your boss happy.
Pros
At one point free lunches. Good food. Everyone is kind and friendly.
Cons
Rude customers, messing up your work and getting in trouble.
seeing the customers happy makes you relieved
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work is taking orders on the register and drive thru, also making sure you have the customer's order right and make sure they are satisfied with your company's services. As far as management if there is any issue with a customer they are very good at handling the situation. The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting slammed at lunchtime but i was able to manage.
Pros
free lunch 50% discount
Cons
only thing i can say is negativity in the workplace(which i was never involved in)
Not a good place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mesa azOctober 15, 2015
the management is bad and how they make chicken is bad they always use expired chicken which is the nastiest food ever. i dont like working there i just quit the other day cause ive been in that place for over 3 years now and i never had a single raise yet
KFC Summary
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 8, 2016
The worst part about working for KFC was how gross it was. There was old chicken behind the heaters, old chicken was used for the pot pies, no gloves were used to make sandwiches and you had to use your bear arms to mix the coleslaw. I also was bullied by the co-workers. One time a co-worker came in on her day off and ordered ten of the hardest sandwiches to make and stood at the counter and watched while her and her friends laughed at me and made fun of me. The manager did not care one bit. Another time, the manager let me have off early so another co-worker took my purse and threw it on the ground and got in my face and started yelling at me and the manager did nothing so I quit. I do not recommend this store to people wanting to work or to customers. The manager also took extra money out of my pay check without me knowing for me eating food on my break when I never ate there anymore because of how old the chicken was.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad co-workers, dirty store and harassment
Good place to work at.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pretty nice place to start working but won't consider it as a career. Management is decent, co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job i would say when it gets busy, because management don't schedule enough people in a shift so everything is a challenge. And the most enjoyable would be the people i work with, there is always team work and positive attitudes.
Pros
Flexible on schedule
Cons
Benefits, Pay.
Amazing workplace
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMarch 16, 2016
At KFC we would get there in the morning and get chicken going, making coleslaw getting biscuits going and stocked, Make sure everything is stocked and ready to go for when the doors open. What I learned to call chicken and take orders, The management was great there. The co-workers were fun to work with. The job was not very hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers
Looking for room for advancement
Restuarant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Lookin for room for advancement, And more benefits. People I work with are good people and hard working people, The most enjoyable part i seeing sales grow
overview
Team Member (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 31, 2016
Also responsible for replacing orders if requested by customers.
Responsible for gathering a customers’ order in a tray, this includes the main meal, side dishes, drinks, condiments and utensils.
Responsible for her own cash drawer and is liable for any losses.
Responsible for performing roles assigned by the Supervisor or Store Manager such as doing inventory and performing some duties in work stations in the kitchen.
Responsible for treating the customers with the best customer service practices. Responsible in entertaining a customer’s comments or complaints regarding the food and services.
Responsible in cleaning up assigned areas of the store during opening and closing time.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2016
Very busy and slow at times. I learned how to multitask and handle tough customers and serve at a timely fashion. the hardest part of the job was dealing with tough customers when running out of a product. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the sales quote for the day. Management was horrible, there was always new management.
Working for Kfc
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCDecember 22, 2015
Didn't receive raises like I was suppose to. Got fired cause I forgot to clock out for a 30 min break. But the store manager can lose a 1400.00 deposit as well as a 100.00 but still keep his job. Smh.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
Raises, and Store manager
Always felt like I was getting the "short end of the stick" so to speak.
Cashier/Packer/Dish (Former Employee) –  Grand, VLGJune 15, 2015
Working as a Kedis Enterprise employee was nothing less of a humbling experience. I learned how to balance and maintain a cash drawer, which gave me 2+ years of monetary experience, and how to accommodate the needs of our cherished customers. I do not regret working for such a franchise, although, the management was never one that I favored. We were constantly short-staffed so I, as more of a tenure employee, had to often pick up four-five closing shifts a week to compensate. Not to mention that I trained the newcomers. I left the job because after two years I was never given a raise. I had no benefits, and my job was not secured by any such union. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the coworkers I had.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Not much leeway for an advancement to the managerial role.
Unchallenging
Opening Cashier (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLOctober 1, 2015
Honestly, felt like there was too much favoritism towards management from home office. Franchise owners were not on front line of co. Considering I have over twenty years experience in this field, not once was I able prove my worth. There was also no room for advancement or any kind of benefits.
Great First job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 30, 2015
For my first customer service job, the pay raises were incredible. the management was a little inconsistent, but the job was excellent for being a high school job.
Pros
Great pay raises
Cons
Short breaks
General
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMarch 19, 2016
This was my first job while in high school and this truly was an experince for me. It taught me to have customer service skills and phone skills. I enjoyed my co workers we definitley were a team. I often worked morning and late night shifts.During my time there I always wanted to learn more and expand my experience.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
The Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94103June 10, 2016
When working the morning shift, the position requires the cook to clean the parking lot to maintain a clean environment that customers would like to dine at. Cooking multiple types of chicken by dipping them in water, flouring them, and strategically placing them into a cage before frying them by following guidelines on where to put each piece to maximize cooking the chicken well. A dynamic position where the cook can be called to the front to work as a cashier if the occasion demanded it. Satisfying when a customer compliments the chicken the way it was made by the worker.
Pros
Diverse, friendly environment provided by workers
Cons
A lot of continuous heavylifting throughout shifts
It's alright on a good day.
CAMP COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 24, 2016
Sometimes its very stressful. You learn that everybody isnt what you think they are. Co-workers have bad attitudes. The hardest part is not liking the people you work with and the overall morale of the store is not a good one. Most enjoyable is clocking out.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, no advancements, no room to grow
Great job for teens but not for long term employment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 23, 2015
When I worked there management was extremely disrespectful, confrontational and did not want to follow health and safety procedures. There was no room to move up or promote unless you let management walk all over you and nobody took work seriously. A typical day at work there involves prepping for both day and night shifts, frying chicken because the cook is always smoking in the freezer, taking drive-thru and over the counter orders, cleaning the dining area, taking out garbage, washing dishes, deboning chicken and cleaning the freezers. The most enjoyable part of the day is the regular customers that come in everyday and acknowledge how hard you work, they laugh with you, joke with you and brighten your day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits

2.9