KFC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,824 reviews matching the search
Workers are unpaid and overworked
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MO 65706April 4, 2016
I worked at KFC for 2 years, and as a high school job it was OK, however I was not compensated for the work I did and never received any of the promised raises.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 4, 2016
The people there were one of a kind i would not trade the job memories i have i really enjoyed working here. I am going to miss my co-workers i got attached to. i thank you for the opportunity i had with KFC. The typical work day was not hectic and i enjoyed it.
Productive, fun work place
Cashier/Packer (Current Employee) –  Wadesboro, NCApril 4, 2016
It's a friendly environment. I enjoy working with my co-workers. This is a nice fast food to work at. Management is friendly and fair. Management show no favoritism.
fast pace and multitasking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 4, 2016
wasn't a very clean place to work but the co-workers was excellent to work with management was very poor of keeping the restaurant in order at times,
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2016
Very busy and slow at times. I learned how to multitask and handle tough customers and serve at a timely fashion. the hardest part of the job was dealing with tough customers when running out of a product. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the sales quote for the day. Management was horrible, there was always new management.
fun work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2016
I work as a cook for KFC, always prepare food for the customers, maintain the work area and always provide customer service.
Pros
good food, fun place to work
Cons
minimum wages
hated this job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Bryant, ARApril 3, 2016
The people I worked with did not care about anyting and they just ran there mouths and acted like little kids. They were very nasty.
Pros
good pay
Cons
awful job
Fast work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 3, 2016
In KFC i took multiple orders either in the lobby or drive thru. I also packed orders and helped the middle lady prepare what would be needed in the front. I then moved u to shift leader and started closing the store and training new hires.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Customers with bad attitudes
Fast-paced customer service focused work environment
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSApril 2, 2016
Kentucky Fried Chicken is a fast-food restaurant that focuses on satisfying customers. For example, the managers and team members are required to follow specific guidelines to complete tasks. This ensures that the product is always up-to-par with KFC standards, and customers are satisfied. I enjoyed working at KFC due to the friendly work environment, and flexible work hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimal Benefits
fun workplace for teenagers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILApril 2, 2016
the management was horrible,
the coworkers were always irritated, the customers loved the food,
the manager would always hire young preppy girls while I was off work so I would have to train them when I came in for work.
Pros
payday
Cons
coworkers and management
Productive, fast-paced, fun workplace
Cashier/ Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2016
Fast paced environment. Learned the importance of sales and customer service. I also learned the importance of food safety. Management was great, as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Free meals, healthcare benefits, great for students b/c company works with school schedules
no real structure, and NO benefits
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVApril 2, 2016
its food handling and its a joke. the manager and owners are too cheap to get the tools you need and is often just out to make money but wont compensate the employees for their hard work. A LOT of short cuts and is not very healthy
Pros
location
Cons
pay is a joke
was not the best job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Suisun City, CAApril 1, 2016
people where unprofessional and day to day was complicated based on how negative the people where that i worked with and the type of customers we had day to day.
Good fast food resturant for entry-level fast food experience
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work is usually prepping all of the food through out the day as well as cashier duties. I learned how to upgrade my customer service and speed of service skills. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all of the hold times for all of the food products. The most enjoyable part was receiving positive comments from 90% of the customers along with serving my community.
Pros
Lost weight eatting meals there
Cons
Lack of flexability in work schedule
Poor shift rotation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 1, 2016
Schedule rotated from open to close on a daily basis. Poor sleep patterns daily. Poor advancement possibilities. Management was family oriented, not work related or earned.
Pros
Cons
heavy work loads, 50-60 hours/week
Great Policies and Procedures. Needs to work on employee appreciation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  De Soto, MOApril 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and the friendships you make with your co-workers. The hardest part is getting the respect and appreciation you deserve for all your hard work.
After school job in High school.
crew member (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 31, 2016
I learned to use a pressure cooker. Learned that chicken should always be 165 degrees fahrenheit before you serve. I learned how to filter the oil in the pressure cookers.
Pros
free meal on break
Fun but not productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHMarch 30, 2016
Typically sketchy people at my workplace. They picked favorites out as well. Management would be mean if you said something dumb and they would good around a lot. It was a fun place most of the time because it was small so everyone knew everyone, but if you weren't liked then you didn't stick around for very long. In the evenings, mostly everyone would go out for a smoke break except for one person instead of getting a head start on cleaning or helping them pack orders. I'm sure management has changed quite a bit by now.
Pros
Free food whenever you wanted, even during shifts.
Cons
If you got on the bad side of a manager, your life was over.
Fast Food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 30, 2016
I miss my job because I could always make the customers smile. I love when they would come in and ask for me by name. That's when you know you are doing a Great job.
Pros
Discount lunch
thay make peoply walk out for no reason
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 30, 2016
its about the worst ran store iv ever worked at thay send people home even when we were behind if u work there don't be a hard worker or u will get ran off
Pros
some good people
Cons
a lot of big headed people