KFC Employee Reviews

ugh
Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 7, 2017
I hate this job with a passion. There’s one store manager that treats my like a mule she always makes me do everything even if I JUST clocked in, I understand that’s apart of the job but why is it only me? I have to beg my manager for a break even when we aren’t busy. The managers are poorly trained and rude. One shift manager hates me for no reason and always has the worst attitude as if I did something to her & she’s been that way since day one. I always tell my manager days that I won’t be able to work and she puts me on the schedule for those days anyway, then gets upset when I call out. The customers are always complaining and nothing is ever done about it. I can’t anymore and I’m quitting tomorrow 🤬.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, poorly trained managers, stressful environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
very unhappy working there management was horrible not enough hours very poor not enough hours to maintain a good paycheck. staffing for shifts was horrible
Rewarding but...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2017
I feel my experience may have been damagingly influenced by my rather negative lackluster and MEAN Manager. As an assistant manager i found myself having to constantly defend employees for doing their job because it was not done “her way”
Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDDecember 7, 2017
Employees with KFC must perform job duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced and hectic environment. A cook with KFC takes responsibility for preparing and cooking items offered by the international fast food chain. Following company guidelines, a Kentucky Fried Chicken cook must make a large quantity of food products for customers that come through the restaurant each day. In addition to cooking, kitchen employees with KFC may need to perform several other duties. Extra duties may include taking orders from customers, working the drive-thru window, and cleaning the dining area and kitchen. To gain hiring consideration, applicants must show a willingness to work, good communication skills, and a friendly personality with customers and coworkers alike.
Its a good fast food place but KFC is not a place for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 7, 2017
A typical day of work is good
What i have learn is team work make a dream work
Management was okay
The workplace culture was good
The hardest part is cashing and making the food
The most enjoyable part is when we are leaving
Pros
Yes we do get free lunches
Cons
And we get half an hour break
It's a nice job and good people to communicate with.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALDecember 7, 2017
I loved my job because making others happy I'm happy . You have to work at a certain way. Like you have to be quick on your feet. You have to take ordering and prepare the food. And if not done you have to started making it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
15 minutes
Work for highscoolers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, NCDecember 7, 2017
Hours were cut constatly and the manager had a bad attitude sometimes. Pay was not for someone trying to pay bills. It was a decent job for when I was in school.
If this isn't your first job, DON'T WORK HERE.
FRY COOK (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
Everyone hates each other here. Too much gossip. Management isn't trustworthy. Too much work for not enough pay. No growth, this job will make you hate your life.
Horrible, enough said!
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waveland, MSDecember 6, 2017
At first it seemed nice. But then it became a living nightmare! You could drop a spoon and get screamed at. Not a place you want to be 5+ days a week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, or no breaks at all. Long hours while being short handed. Rude bosses galour
fun times, nice people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVDecember 6, 2017
Take care of costumers by taking orders and preparing them.
How to make the right food properly.
Management was nice.
Many of the other team members were really nice and caring.
Their wasn't really a hard part of the job.
Having good times and making new riends.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful, drama
Absolutely love it
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, MSDecember 6, 2017
Awesome workplace gr8 job laid back fun always something to do the manager took the time to train me with hands on experience. Was able to adapt in just a couple days
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
N/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 6, 2017
Very face pace, competitive, organization, team players, promo with in, I would Refer anyone who’s looking to grow to work there, plenty of opportunities, and benefits.
Kfc
KFC (Former Employee) –  Webb City, MODecember 6, 2017
KFC was my first job and I absolutely loved it. I think it was the people I worked with and my boss who made it enjoyable. The food was great. The customers are easy. Its a great first job. Its not hard. As long as you clean and have great customer service you'll do great!
prep cook and cashier
Prep Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILDecember 6, 2017
I opened daily and put the store together. I was a regular cashier and the job wasn't hard and it kept me busy. I basically learned how to multitask even more at the workplace
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Fun work place good people to work witj
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2017
Run cashier clean cook consider to be lead never late always on time never call out unless I have to teach other how to work in a safe place
Do my best
Pros
30 min
Cons
20mins
Very comfortable work environment, crew members could get pay raises each quarter.
Cashier/Team member (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 6, 2017
Very comfortable work environment, management was great, always willing to help, and train crew members to their best. Had ways to accomplish pay raises every quarter.
Productive work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2017
I am always on the floor. Doing my walk through. I love communicating with the customers. I stay on top of my paper work and make sure I have a great staff every-day. I do a lot of cash handling. I love the work that I do most of all I love dealing with people and making them smile.
Good when there are people.... Never any people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, OHDecember 5, 2017
The main problem was staffing and keeping them. They expected a lot but refused to pay anything above min wage even to their best employees. Support from the gm I had was minimal. He was all about himself. I worked outside my availability for months telling him over and over I couldn't keep doing it but he would never change my schedule or just make me work longer.
Pros
Competitive fun atmosphere with right management
Cons
If you're good at your job you will be taken advantage of
horrible place to work
Cashier/crew member (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZDecember 5, 2017
I did everything there I worked there for a good amount of time them a new manger comes in and fires good people and leaves the horrible people employed, I counted the safe, opened the store, closed, inventory, prep cooked anything for them was train as a manger, so I knew everything about the store. good luck to anyone else.
Pros
Cons
everything
Pretty much the same as any other fast food place
Assistant Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 5, 2017
Busy most times, not great pay but pretty much always able to pick up extra hours! A raise or promotion isn't out of the question but you have to work for it for sure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.