KFC
5,795 reviews

KFC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
Cook & Counter (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 12, 2015
I greatly enjoyed my time as a cook at this job when i needed the funds. My co-workers and management were a great group to work with.
Company
KFC/Part Time (Former Employee), Miami GardenJuly 12, 2015
Great work environment and friendly customers. Team leadership with fast pace work ethics, Passionate employers!
Typical day at work
Team Member (Former Employee), 2902 Monroe, Toledo, OHJuly 10, 2015
Cook, clean, and stay very organized. Kepp hands clean and free of germs, also keep work area clean and sanitized where the chicken is breaded.
i love my job
CASHIER/ CREW MEMBER (Former Employee), floridaJuly 10, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing everyone smiling when they enter the restaurant as well when there where leaving
Loved it
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Seminole, OKJuly 10, 2015
Pros: easy advancement
Cons: can be stressful. dog eat dog
Now this isnt for KFC the corp. its for a franchise treadwell. i loved working for them, advanced quickly. good raises, and benefits
good establishment
Prep cook (Former Employee), baltimore marylandJuly 10, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: poor compensation
an amazing establishment to start at if your looking for a first job. hours and pay are ok and the management is good. its an enjoyable job that allows you to utilize your every skill.
Excellent
Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day @ work was very productive and educational. Learn from ground up into the management program which was excellent. The management team was very supportive and always encourage their employees to reach their fullest potential and goals. The hardest part was when team members called out @ the same time and day which required running a billion dollar business hectic, handling 2-3 positions @ the same time. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the customers very happy and satisfied.
My first long term job
Head Cook (Former Employee), Marysville, CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: wage
This was my second job, but the longest job I had before joining the military. It was more about getting my foot in the door and getting work experience for me which I got. It helped build my team working skills.
eh
Team Member (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2015
I enjoyed working here. It is a great starter job for someone who is new to the work environment. I would recommend KFC for anybody.
okay
Cashier (Former Employee), binghamton nyJuly 9, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off meals
Cons: not fun
It was okay to work here. I do not like to work in fast food, unless im dishwashing. overall working here was okay for my lifestyle at that time. I learned how everything was made there and what it was like to work at kfc.
Great Job
Restaurant Assistant Manager (Current Employee), WinnsboroJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great staff, fun place to work
Cons: low pay, no health insurance for a year
Going into work you never know what kinds of challenge you would face that day. It was as if you are living on the edge, and someone is paying you for it. I love my customers, and my employees; going to work was a joy for me. I learn a lot about the foundation of KFC and the value.
Fun experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Parker, AZJuly 9, 2015
Make food and make sure all up to temperature. Manger labor hours. Co-workers were fun to work with. They all were willing to come to work on time.
Stayed busy fast pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJuly 8, 2015
it was fun to work for this company. It was fast pace , always working different areas whether it was a cook, cashier, or prep it was always easy.
fun but not worth the hastle.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norwich, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad pay.
I enjoyed working there but the pay was not worth the negative things that I had to deal with. I started there in January of 2013 five months latter was Assistant Manager. the employee's were fun to be around and the store was in okay shape, but the equipment was in disrepair and the franchise owners didn't care about how the employee's were doing and limited us on staffing. we had to work very hard to service the customers and we were always short staffed. when I became a Assistant Manager I received a $0.50 raise and was expected to do three times the work as well as maintain the cleanliness of the store.
Work 12-14 hours and back up at 6 am to do it all again.No personal time and no breaks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisJuly 8, 2015
Pros: close to home to work
Cons: treated you with terrible hours with over 12 hour shifts and no breaks.
work up to 60 hours a day on minimum salary and no breaks and little pay.Took a toll on my body and lost 50 lbs. in 3 months.Work til 1 am and back up at 6am.
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service/Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, fun work environment, good co-workers
Cons: short breaks, don't get many hours
Typical day at work was if I worked mornings was slow and in the evenings it would pick up especially on days where we has specials going. I learned how to work quickly under pressure and how to take care of customer issues. The management was great there because they are always very understanding to when something came up outside of you work life. Co-workers were very fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is making sure you always have chicken cooked so customers do not have to wait. The most enjoyable part was the work environment you were in.
fast pace job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Landover, MDJuly 7, 2015
A typical day is always start with prepare the food produce and get everything ready and maintain hot and fresh. I learned to move in fast pace which still carry me till this day. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and to be well organized. The management team was tuff, but me being assistant manager i learn from it and take any uncomfortable situation into a positive learn lesson. My co-worker enjoy working with me because i a team player i work with the not for them to work by themselves it was always a pleasure working with my co-worker especially being an assistant manager. Hardest part of the job is to maintain the number that is required such as labor, inventory, and any other statues. The enjoyable part is the team work that is put thru the day.
KFC
Team Member (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCJuly 6, 2015
I didn't mind working here. I just needed something that would allow me to work more than 29 hours a week, besides that it was an okay job. The co-workers is what made it a cool environment.
Teamwork
cashier at Kentucky Fried Chicken (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJuly 6, 2015
At this establishment everyone worked as a team and it was a joy to work in. Your schedules could be hectic sometimes though. I worked full time hours and was still only considered part time.
fast paced environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2015
enjoyed doing what I do taking care of customers and working with great people. what i enjoyed the most was learning how to cook and prepare the food. I also enjoyed working the drive thru it was very fast paced.

About KFC

KFC, founded and also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of fast food restaurants based in Louisville, Kentucky, in the – Read more

KFC Salaries