The Field Sales Representative (FSR) represents KIND as “the face of the brand” within the assigned territory, building relationships with a variety of retailers to solicit sales by encouraging new item acceptance, prime shelf placement, secondary displays and promotions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Assist the Regional Sales Manager & District Sales Manager in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and regional sales goals.
Build relationships with all decision makers within assigned territory, including:
- Whole Foods: all team members including grocery team leaders, assistant team leaders, grocery specialists and marketing managers
- Natural accounts; independents: grocery/store buyers, employees
- Distributors: representatives, managers
- Brokers: representatives, representative managers
During in-store calls:
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates KIND’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. -Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes.
- Observes sku mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly.
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low.
- Completes call report at the end of each store visit.
- Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally.
- Participates in product resets.
Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
Coordinate demo and event support with Field Marketing Manager in markets with Field Marketing support where applicable.
May involve some weekend or evening schedule during special promotions and/or customer events.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls.
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license. Job involves heavy daily travel within assigned territory.
Knowledge and Skills
The FSR will be expected to take ownership of the territory and be willing to adapt a variety of roles to grow sales. Key characteristics include:
Adaptable: Multi-task efficiently and effectively prioritize business needs.
Personable: Comfortable talking to customers to establish rapport, build a network, and listen to understand customer needs
Goal-oriented: Take initiative to establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals.
Fact-based: Ability to analyze syndicated data and deliver insights to support sales objectives in an account.
Team player: Partner with Field Marketing counterparts in achieving goals; share best practices and learn from Sales team members.
Innovative: Use creativity in managing the territory through innovative sales programs.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of Sales experience, or recent college graduate with Sales internship experience, required.
- Natural industry and/or CPG industry experience with current relationships preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred.
Candidates only please - no 3rd parties
Indeed - 8 months ago
KIND Healthy Snacks is the company behind KIND Fruit & Nut , KIND PLUS, KIND Nuts & Spices and KIND Healthy Grains. KIND was...