KLD Energy – Austin Based KLD Energy Technologies designs and licenses a patented, high-performance electric motor system technology. The Company’s cornerstone technology is a high-frequency, low RPM transmissionless motor system that increases the speed and efficiency of electric vehicles.
KLD Energy Technologies’ mission is to transform transportation and decrease pollution through high performance electric motor systems. The Company’s technology represents a paradigm shift in motor design, enabling the production of highly efficient, environmentally friendly two and three wheeled vehicles.
KLD is always seeking brilliant employees with an entrepreneurial spirit, who are looking for a work culture where innovation is the goal, hard work is expected, and creativity is rewarded. Though most of KLD’s employees are either based in Austin, Texas or at our research facility in Morgan Hill, are customers and suppliers are primarily located in Asia and overseas, providing our employees with substantial international travel and business experience.
The Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will supervise the accounting staff and provide leadership and coordination over the following accounting and finance functions:
- Establish financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems that conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist with developing annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare timely internal financial reports for management, creditors, and investors.
- Coordinate the annual external audit and preparation of external financial reports, SEC reporting, and foreign statutory filings.
- Work with our tax advisors to ensure timely filing of all foreign, federal, state, and local income taxes, sales taxes, and VAT and foreign withholding taxes..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and report actual performance and variances to plan, forecast and trends.
- Manage all general accounting, payroll, accounts payable, and billing activities of the general accounting department, including the monthly close and account reconciliation processes.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and the annual budgets.
- Work with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare cost center financials for financial plans and operating forecasts.
- Support contract negotiations, investment and other management decisions by preparing special analysis and reports as needed.
- Responsible for the Capital Expenditure process, including coordination of Capital Expenditure forecasts, review and approval of Capital Expenditure requests.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements for our domestic and overseas operations. Stay current with existing and new legislation. Enforce adherence to requirements, file financial reports, and advise management on needed actions.
- Supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, Masters preferred. CPA is preferred.
- 5 years Controller level experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Cost accounting background and forecasting and budgeting experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with accounting treatment of stock-based compensation, stock warrants, and complex capital structures.
- Strong computer knowledge, including MS Office and QuickBooks Enterprise or other ERP Solutions
- Previous experience in a larger organization, preferably with a public company.
- Since it is the goal of the company to go public in the near future, prior SEC reporting experience, and knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance is a big plus for this position.
- Austin, Texas
- Local candidates preferred
- No relocation or visa sponsorship is available
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of Controller level experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business
- Masters preferred. CPA is preferred.
JOB REFERENCE CODE