SUMMARY: Provides job placement services for adult participants in an employment advancement and retention program. Possesses familiarity with Federal, State, and Local Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) rules and regulations. Identifies employers willing to provide long-term employment opportunities to program participants. Responsible for developing and maintaining ongoing personal contacts with private, public, non-profit, and religious organizations to promote and create opportunities for placing TANF customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Build professional relationships with the employer community.
- Work closely with Case Manager place customers in unsubsidized employment.
- Create pipeline of job openings.
- Develop and maintain ongoing contacts with private, public, non-profit and religious organizations to promote employment opportunities.
- Provide constructive feedback and advice to enrolled job seekers.
- Adhere to Federal, State, and Contractor guidelines.
- Work exclusively on the District's TEP
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to develop professional relationships with both employers and program participants and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Personal computer literacy is required, including proficiency Microsoft Office and Internet. Ability to meet and/or exceed set goals and objectives. Excellent verbal and communication skills. Licensed driver with reliable transportation. Must be able to work occasional weekend hours
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in social work, social services, counseling or related field from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Minimum 5 years' experience adult learning, workforce development, career training, or other employment related field.
- Experience working with an adult population.
- Familiarity with sales and/or marketing techniques.
- Ability to professionally adjust to unforeseen circumstances and programmatic changes.
Indeed - 13 months ago