Our AZ Distribution facility is looking for a full time driver possessing a Class A CDL. This position is percentage based with a salary range of $40,000 - $55,000 per year.
Position Scope: To ensure safe and courteous handling and delivery of Customer Freight on a daily basis utilizing proper equipment and techniques. Previous high value product handling or similar experience preferred.
- Maintain safe driving and delivery habits at all times.
- Maintain professional appearance ensuring that Uniform is proper at all times.
- Constantly monitor truck conditions for cleanliness, damage, proper equipment, and mileage.
- Review daily deliveries and pick-ups with dispatch.
- Review and verify paperwork matching contract numbers, special instructions, and manifests
- Ensure that proper delivery equipment is on truck
- Communicate with customers, dispatch, bookers and customer service keeping all informed of delivery status and issues
- Complete all paperwork related to delivery in legible, professional manner.
- Complete detailed inventories of all pick-ups, note exceptions and secure customer signature
- Turn in all paperwork to proper area at end of day.
- Check in with Dispatch before leaving each day to ensure all work is complete.
- Some overnight trips may be required
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- 2 years previous driving and/or delivery experience in transportation / logistics; preferably in high value products and household (preferred)
- 1 year of Customer Service experience
- Ability to operate desk top products, i.e. personal computer, general office machinery
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Clean driving record
- Must be 23 years old
- Must be able to move/lift heavy loads (100+lbs.) throughout the day
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to sit and drive for long periods of time