Kyocera has an immediate need for a Machinists to join our team on our 2nd and 3rd shift. In this position, the ideal candidate will:
Sets up and operates a variety of industrial machines which may include: CNC Cylindrical Grinding, numerical control (CNC) machines, Vertical Machining Centers, CNC Mills and surface grinders to grind Ceramic parts.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts machine controls or controls as required;
- May measure, mark, and/or scribe dimensions and reference points on parts;
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine controls
- Document all instances and circumstances of scrapped parts;
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications. May be trained on CMM or other inspection tools;
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Participate in P5S initiatives; keep machinery clean and clear of debris.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machines;
- May train operators or less experienced machinists in operations;
- Use of measurement tools such as micrometers, gauges and indicators
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High School education or GED, or (4) years experience related on the job training.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric
- Must be able to understand and analyze machine set up
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment as a machine operator
- Ability to stand, bend, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, and reach.
- Must be able to bend and lift, stand at work stations for long periods. May be required to stoop, climb stairs, kneel, sit or walk.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs, and occasionally, up to five times per day, lift and/or move up to 40lbs.
This position is currently slated as a temporary position but has the potential to become full time, regular. This person will train on 2nd and 3rd shift and eventually moved to third shift with a start time between 11pm and 12:30am. If selected, you will register with our local contract agency partner and be paid weekly. Kyocera has a clean, heated shop and a very high safety record. We have many long term employees and a great work enviroment.
Indeed - 18 months ago