Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
Sets up and programs a variety of machines which may include: CNC Cylindrical Grinding, numerical control (CNC) machines, grinders, and CNC Lathes to fabricate a variety of carbide, cermet, and ceramic cutting tools (indexable inserts).
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however other duties may be assigned.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates independent decision making skills on day to day production tasks.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and fixtures;
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit Computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts
- Uses G codes to move multiple axes to grind inserts to customer specifications;
- Help drive our P5S program and support our Kaizen suggestion program;
- May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, machinists, production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
- May train less experienced operators and machinists
- Participate in the continuous review of our machining processes, focusing on opportunities for improvement in productivity, quality, and cost reduction.
- Assist in design development process for new parts
- All other duties as assigned;
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High School or GED, or (5) years recent experience as a CNC Machinist or Programmer
- Associate degree in Machine Tech. or qualified journeyman program for machining is not required but preferred
- 3+ year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GD & T concepts, blue print features and G/M codes
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator.
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen and digital tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs, bend and lift, stand at work station for long periods. May be required to stoop, climb stairs, kneel, crouch or crawl.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but may train other staff members. Reports to departmental supervisor.
- Work is preformed primarily in a manufacturing and/or warehouse setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Position is hourly and employee will use a timecard daily.
- PPE equipment will be provided by the company.
- Safety shoes are required on the production floor, open toed shoes are not allowed in the warehouse or lab.
- The work area is clean and heated. Machines are in safe working condition.
Kyocera is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
- We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Interested applicants should include their salary requirements.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Indeed - 16 months ago