Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has a immediate need for a skilled HR Generalist. This role wears a lot of hats and will be key to our continued growth in North Carolina. Do you have world class administrative skills, a key eye for detail and great people skills? If so, contact us today.
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
Assist the HR Manager and Assistant HR Manager by providing full range of administrative support in functional areas of Human Resources, benefits administration, employee relations, and recruitment. Coordinate bi-weekly timekeeping payroll calculation and TimePro administration for the facility. This person will have wider expertise in three or more functional HR areas such as recruitment, FMLA, and benefits administration.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Performs research and finds solutions on employee benefit questions with a variety of carriers;
- Communicate orally and via email in English, with all employee groups, outside vendors and the applicable agencies using a telephone, group, email, face-to-face, one-on-one communication
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Protects organization's values by keeping information confidential and being highly professional.
- Support the Human Resources Manager on issues related to new hires, terminations, compensation, benefits coordination, and retirement plan administration (both 401K and pension); and training database.
- Timecard administration and payroll support;
- Back up to Assistant HR Manager in a variety of areas; will work closely with production managers on payroll matters
- Maintain clean, accurate personnel files and provide information for internal and external audits as requested in a timely manner
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems at early stages; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; counseling managers on KICC policy, and employees as needed; documents counseling and disciplinary action as a back up to Assistant HR Manager.
- Will be exposed to HIPPA sensitive information relates to benefit administration, FMLA, and FSA reconciliation daily
- Coordinate and distribute service awards to all employees;
- Employee event planning and coordination; ( potluck, summer picnics, benefit fairs etc)
- May travel to OH facility or offer small group trainings by phone/video to outside offices
- May be trained as back up Ringi coordinator; back up payroll administration or back up trainer for philosophy or HR related topics; * Will source and recruit for temporary positions, temp to hire and direct hire positions ranging from washroom positions to sr. sales management. Must be comfortable interviewing, phone screening, internal postings, and selecting candidates for a variety of positions;
- May create and/or audit spreadsheets related to recruitment efforts, terminations, new hire reports and compensation monthly using Excel;
- Maintain employee bulletin boards and information stations throughout building and outside offices;
- May assist with leave processing, workers compensation reporting and FMLA. Will administer leave paperwork and manage requests in a highly confidential manner.
- Track and audit open enrollment data;
- May offer some administrative support to company president;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 4 year degree in business, HR preferred; PHR certification preferred
- Ability to speak and understand English using the telephone and email; effective public speaking skills in group settings
- Accurate data-entry skills which include 10 key and Excel
- Ability to work well with other people, both internally and externally
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experience with Ceridian, Timepro, Kronos or other HRIS system preferred
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen;
- Ability to travel up to 15%; ability to drive in the US ( valid license)
- Must be eligible to work in an ITAR environment;
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen
Tools and Equipment:
Laptop computer, fax machine, scanner, and copy machines; Computer software including: MS Office, Ceridian, TimePro, Excel, Adobe, e-mail, FedEx Shipping software, calculator and telephones.
Operates under the direction of Assistant HR Manager.
- Work is performed mostly in office setting
- Work is performed Monday through Friday generally; some weekend work may be required under special circumstances;
- Position is considered exempt and will not be eligible for overtime.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, periodically bending and twisting
- Keyboarding for extended amounts of time requiring repetitive use of wrists, hands, and fingers; and frequently applying force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
- Must be physically mobile within an office setting; assemble papers, staple, file, photocopy/scan, apply sufficient force to open and close file drawers independently. Ability to climb stairs and reach above head, stack boxes
- Must be able to communicate by speech, writing and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop or bend. May be asked to lift up to 30 lbs.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Indeed - 4 months ago