Kyocera Industrial Cermamics Corporation has an opening for an Inside Sales Support postition to support sales and order entry to some of our largest customers in industries such as aerospace, semiconductors, and industrial. This position is in Austin TX.
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
An Inside Sales Engineer’s responsibility is to provide customer service and order entry services to customers and sales engineers. ISE responsibilities will include but not be limited to; interfacing with customer on-line systems, taking orders, order entry, and inventory management. A small portion may include quoting, forecasting, planning, and expediting orders with production. Strong communication internally & externally with Engineering, Sales, Production, Quality & Purchasing personnel at all levels is necessary as they will be the conduit for any information between the customer and other internal personnel (Production, Quality, Logistics, etc.).
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- SAP order entry and accurate data entry
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks daily related to file maintenance and organization of records ( i.e. scanning, uploading, and shredding documents)
- Responsible for customer interaction and relationship management within own account base.
- Responsible for representing SPE Component customer requests and perspectives to production, quality, and management personnel to plan and execute proper “customer first” support.
- Communicate with counterparts in Japan on a regular basis for a price quotation, part delivery, limited level of technical & legal language discussion, & general support.
- Daily sales account activity, including order tracking, scheduling, logistics planning, account collection, and related administrative matters primarily via email and phone.
- Administrative and billing support to all Sales Engineers and regional sales managers; working closing with customer service representatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Some college coursework required; AA degree or 4 year degree preferred
- 2-3 yrs experience in administrative sales support, ideally in sales or customer service
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and solve customers’ needs
- Well organized with demonstrated practice of appropriate follow-up
- Ability to work well with other people, both externally and internally
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: proficient with Outlook & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in extracting information from SAP preferred
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen
Tools and Equipment:
Laptop Computer, printer, fax machine, copy machine, computer software including MS Office, Adobe, e-mail, SAP, e-mail, scanners, calculator and telephone .
This position operates under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
- Work is performed in the office with rare off-site meetings
- Work is performed Monday through Friday generally
- Position is considered exempt and will not be eligible for overtime pay;
- Less than 5% travel to local customers
- Clothing: Business Casual ; appropriate for meeting customers and office
- Must be able to communicate by oral speech, writing, and hearing in person and/or by phone in a businesslike, professional manner
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER