Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a sales engineer in our Fremont, CA territory. This positon will work closely with our factories in Japan, NC, WA and Mexico. We are seeking a candidate with high drivem who must be highly technical and influential; capable of effectively articulating technology and product positioning to a variety of audiences including Executives and employees with advanced technical knowledge. New business development skills include:
- Development and Delivery of Product Demos
- Customer Evaluation and Implementation Support
- Technical Writing and RFQ Responses
- Partner Engagements and NDA approval
- Design and Planning - strong interaction with engineering teams
- Represent solutions, business growth plans and customized assistance to our customers
- Ability to travel - including internationally
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose:
A Sales Engineer’s responsibility will be to increase business by maintaining a good relationship with customers; creating and supporting development activity within your customer base; and facilitating contract negotiations, customer complaint resolution and other commercial requirements. In addition, strong communication internally & externally with engineering, sales, production, quality, & purchasing personnel at all levels is necessary as you will be the conduit for any information between your customers and other internal personnel (Production, Quality, Logistics, etc).
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing monthly goals (MSP) and milestones for Master Plan and 3-year Plans within account base
- Responsible for generating new business with established products and working with development engineers on new products
- Responsible for customer interaction and relationship management within own account base
- Responsible for representing Fine Ceramic customer requests and perspectives to production, quality, and management personnel to plan and execute proper “customer first” support
- Communicate with counterparts in Japan and USA on a regular basis for a price quotation, part delivery, various kinds of technical confirmation, legal language discussion, & general support.
- Facilitate and host business travel with visiting personnel from international production facilities and management during customer visits in USA, and also to Escort customer visit to factory visits in Asia
- Daily sales account activity, including order tracking, scheduling, logistics planning, account collection, and related administrative matters
- All other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- AA degree required; BS/BA preferred: Material Science/Engineering
- 3-5 yrs sales experience preferred
- Strong technical comprehension
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and solve customers’ needs
- Well organized with demonstrated practice of appropriate follow-up
- Ability to work well with other people, both externally and internally
- Understanding of production and consumer supply chain
- Knowledge of ceramics and related markets preferred
- Proven written and verbal communication skills (phone, email, presentations, face to face)
- Must possess legal drivers license and be able to legally drive
- Computer skills: proficient with Outlook & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic proficiency in extracting information from SAP & Cognos
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-confident individual of the highest integrity who possesses a wide range of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match. This position is non-commissioned sales and pays a base bi-weekly.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply. KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER