Kabam Employee Reviews

Great Company
Executive Assistant, Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2017
I worked for Kabam prior to their acquisition and with their business development team. Everyone was friendly, fair, hard working and dedicated to the goal of producing great games for customers.
Overall fun an exciting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
This job was by far one of the best jobs I've had, however, the work that you are put to do is quite tedious and can become a bore after working there for an extended period of time. For the 3+ years I worked there, I was never once offered any type of advancement or any other type of extra opportunities.
Good culture
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2017
Very energetic Mobile Game Company. Although in this industry most of the mobile games live less than 3 years, and most of the projects don't end up to be a released game, Kabam did very well overall in the past years. It's not 100% perfect, no one can be. It's sold. But it is indeed a great memory of many people including me.
A typical day at Kabam
Localization Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at Kabam as a QA Analyst consists of regressions and ad hoc. Every morning, the Localization Quality Assurance team has a meeting, then we move on to a new build where we regress issues from the previous day, before advancing to ad hoc.
The LQA employees are friendly and social, and lunch is usually the highlight of the day when all teams gather together.
Pros
Free lunch, free snacks, free drinks, free alcohol
Cons
Poor management, slow growth, poor strategy, no structure
Fun company to work for
Software Quality Tester (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 30, 2016
Fun company to work for it wasnt for me though. Didnt like working on contract and didnt see room to grow. Also the medical insurance was really high and since we were on contract there was no accrued vacation time which meant it was very hard to take time off.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
badbenefitss
Fun environment, great benefits
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 6, 2016
A fun place to come to work at. Great benefits and loved the free lunches! Transparent upward motility if you're looking to move up.
fun workpplace with ping pong table and archade games
IT Application Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2016
fun workplace with ping pong table and arcade games . Of all my jobs this has been the most challenging and by far the most amazing as well. Super fun team and a great company.
Great place to work with great people
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2016
Kabam was amazing and gave me an opportunity to grow my professional career. I loved my time with Kabam and learn a lot. I also gained life long friends in the process so I have nothing but great things to say about the company as a whole.
Great first job
Tal (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgMarch 9, 2016
I would recommend this place to anyone. I learned a lot and it has helped me find other jobs after I left. Colleagues were awesome, the only problem was that they were constantly moving and letting people go.
Overall it was a great learning experience.
Training and Quality (Former Employee) –  Austin TxAugust 7, 2015
Kabam was a great place with culture like no other.

Kabam prides themselves on selecting only the most professional employees they can find which speaks volumes to their sense of importance when it comes to serving their players.

Kabam is a company that looks down on micromanaging and is very much a work at your own pace type of job.

I would either help players with their game issues or performing quality checks on other employees contacts with players to ensure quality level service. I also offered coaching to those employees to help them improve and grow.

The co workers were the best part of the job. Very teamwork oriented.
Pros
Free lunches, Snack Bar, Music Room, No Micromangement
Cons
No room for growth, Policies and Procedures were not organized or standardized.
Great Place to Work
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2015
I was fortunate enough to join Kabam right before the F2P gaming industry transitioned from Facebook onto mobile. Kabam provided with ample opportunity to grow professionally during my four years at Kabam, and I worked my way up from a Research Analyst to a Senior PM as I bounced around between the Redwood Shores, Beijing, and San Francisco offices.

The people at Kabam are awesome, and I have made enough friendships there that will last me a lifetime. I have had my qualms with management and business direction at times, but I continue to deeply respect everyone that I had the pleasure of working with at Kabam.
Ex User Experience Rep
Player Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Was part of the first group of contractors at Kabam when they first rolled out their customer service team. Exciting, fun and young team, but redundant work. I think they no longer have the team now, but with changes in senior management and the instability of being a contractor, we were let go in waves. But, it was good a job for myself at the time in my life, but needed more career growth. Hardcore gaming industry was not for me, and that type of environment seemed to cliquey.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a fan of senior management
Start up
Director, Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2013
Good perks, good food, good location, flexible hours, growing
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long commute
Great place to work with a superior product and some of the greatest developers/employees, resulting in hundreds of thousands actively playing daily.
Player Experience Admin (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 18, 2013
On a typical day at work, we started with selecting a number of submitted inquires in the continuously updating Que of tickets. After working on the customers inquiries our department which was concentrating on Kabam's flagship game Kingdoms of Camelot, partook in a daily scrum involving about 15-20 people including community managers, developers, QA and billing department in a conference room. We would all brain storm in a great environment on daily bug fixes, promotions and tournaments to advertise in our forums, future potential additions to the game, the pulse of our daily gamers, etc. This was a great place to pick peoples brains as it was a stress free environment where all of us, from all different levels, could throw around ideas which would in turn make the rest of our work day easier and more productive. I learned a lot of invaluable skills. From how to moderate a forum to how to market to our wide range of users in our community, as well as to new potential customers/gamers. I learned how to use my articulation, to calm down frustrated and steaming customers who submitted numerous harsh emails. I learned about working in different teams to accomplish different daily goals as our games transitioned from Beta onward. Honestly the hardest part about any job to me is sitting in rush hour traffic at 5:30 PM haha. I truly love to work and to help people, which is why I have found great success and fulfillment in the many different rolls and sides of being a member of a customer service department for a great company. I could go on and on about what I learned from Kabam  more... and other places I have worked, and I guess that would also would be the most enjoyable part of any job, building life long friendships with the people you work hard and learn with on a day to day basis.   less
Pros
Free lunches, free snacks, beverages, etc.
Cons
The only one I can truly think of is the commute, but that is the same for any job that doesn't have the luxuries of Caltrain.
From Start-up to small corporation
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2013
When I started at Kabam the company was only 110 strong. Now they are 500+ and growing. I think part of their success was attributed to several key individuals doing fantastic things. Once the pool gets larger however, it's difficult for those individuals to really shine through. As with any company experiencing growing pains Kabam grew very big very fast. What was once an enjoyable place to work at with a very unique and personable work environment, quickly became a cold and crowded environment with none of the intimacy a charming start-up environment has.
Pros
Free lunches, snack, drinks
Cons
Too corporate for a start-up
Great place
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 29, 2013
Had a great time working with really fun and talented engineers