Kablelink Employee Reviews in United States

Laid back environment
Data Entry specialist/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
Kablelink is a good company to work for if you are not thinking about the future benefits are ok and pay is standard but they do not give raises and also like to give you the run around a lot if you ask about your review
Pros
Laid back
Cons
long shifts short breaks no raises
Great place to work, sucky coworkers.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2016
I loved this job at first, but the longer you work there the more you realize its just like high school. I didn't quit because of the job itself, I quit because of my coworkers. Literally a room full of girls trash talking
Pros
Decent pay, busy work days
Cons
COWORKERS
Poor management,will work you like a dog
Cable Contractor (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLOctober 18, 2015
if you want to work six days a week most Sunday's , twelve plus hours a day, all holidays except thanksgiving and Christmas rain or shine, then this is the job for you . It is true you can make descent money but you can working two jobs as well which in my option is what working for kablelink relates to . You pay for your own fuel drive your own truck use your own tools and pay your own taxes which cuts in to that pay check on top of all of that management will try to intemitate and strong arm you to get what they want
Pros
Cons
Not enough room to list
Liars! Terrible workings conditions!
installer (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLApril 19, 2013
The job itself is very enjoyable. The folks running the place have a few guys who they feed all the good jobs to. They backcharge you without an explanation if your job was not 100%. Your a contractor, but they treat you like an employee. No benefits. Pay your own fuel with no reimbursement. Its a business for these folks, they take your money for tools on a weekly basis and they require full payment before any of its yours. Then they run you out of there so they can take the tools back to rip someone else off with. They couldnt care any less about anyone who works for them. You work mandatory 6 days a week 12+ hours a day for sometimes less than a minimum wage jobs paycheck after.
Pros
zero pros
Cons
garbage management, they take money from you without explanation.
Productive and organized work place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2012
An overall great company. I learned how to use a map grid properly, and multitask from a different angle. Co- workers were great, but the job was very competitive, and some were not willing to share the tricks to the trade. The most enjoyable part was learning something new fun and fast pased.
Pros
lunch appreciations
Cons
no 401k
fun company to work for
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2013
Good management, Descent pay, friendly environment. As a contractor health benefit is not offered. They treat you right when you work hard
Pros
flexible schedule
good working environment
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2013
As a cable installer i have talk to customers, install cable equipment, check levels, run cable and phone lines in house, climb light pole to run new cable to house, work on punch down block for phone and internet. in this line of work i work by my self with a supervisor who is responsible to get jobs to me and move jobs if i can't get to the next customer on time. one of the most challenging part about this job is the long hours this is a 12-14 hr days most times.The reasons why i love doing this job is because i like working on house, i love to see satisfied customers, and the pay is good.
Pros
understanding supervisor
Cons
Underpaid employees compared to other companies
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  raleigh ncJuly 11, 2015
I did learn alot there. I was surprised that the pay was considerably less than other cable companies and they got as much business as they did.
Fun and challenging
Supervisor/Cable/ Voip Installer (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough County, FlaMay 19, 2014
A typical day: Installation of Cable services..ex; Tv,Inet,wireless services and telephone services, within specifications of Bright house Networks and customer requests.
Ive learned how to interact with customers...cater to their needs and be understanding of their needs (service issues, new services, or general questions about services)
I have also learned the understanding of customer,employee, and management relations. The importance of communication...the success-fulness and smoothness when all are aware of new products,ideas and changes within the company.
The hardest part of the job was certain installations, I believe every situation may be unique in its own way. I tend to look for solutions than to look at things with difficulty.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing customers were satisfied. The interaction with customers as well, is very enjoyable. Knowing my job is well-done when all work is in working order and customers are satisfied.
Cons
inconsistent work/ will not pay for work completed/ false backcharges/ unfair labor!
n/a
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Pay was nice. Did not like the way management treated me. Had to provide own gas or work. If they had an issue with me they would give me jobs that paid less.
Great contractor for cable installtions
Quality Control Manager and Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2015
A well organized, structured company that opened the arena for training, safety and integrity. The owners were a pleasure to deal with and were always open to new ideas.
fun productive work environment
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 1, 2015
Understanding management. Laid back work atmosphere. Excellent co-workers. Many opportunities to advance into other positions
Organized,Productive and I love my job
Installer (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlJune 26, 2015
We have 26 years experienced installations RESIDENCIAL commercial walk up condominium construction the all sistems
great places to work
Field Lead / Installer (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLMay 4, 2015
Great overall daily route is never the same. Always get to see new thing. I like working there. Some of the day are long there was never a set end of the day time. Start time at the shop was 6am
A fun job to have
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2013
A typical day at work was busy but was still able to have fun, I learned how to stay productive while enjoying a day of work. My co-workers became family after working together for 5 years and the management would always make sure we were doing our job as well as be as relaxed as possible especially during busy season.
Pros
being able to help customers with their cable services
Cons
not being able to make every one happy
Kablelink
Residential Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
Fast paced working environment, management is flexible to your wants and needs, the people are friendly and hard working, the hardest part would probably be catching on to the systems and procedures if you aren't a fast learner
Great workplace!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2013
The best job I've had so far. I learned a lot working here. Co-workers were amazing and the work environment was very healthy. Management team is very supportive and always involved.
Pros
pizza parties, employee relations
Cons
very fast paced and can get a bit overwhelmed if you dont deal well with change
A great company to work for
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJuly 9, 2013
Great place to work. Hours can sometimes be long but well worth it when you like to make $$$. Management is very good and friendly.
Pros
great opportunities. sign on bonus
I like working here, but it's only on Thursday nights so I'm available anytime.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work isn't anything too exciting because it's just mom and I. By the time my mom gets home from work and we get out to the shop, it's about 6:30-7ish. All the guys get off work around 5. The hardest part of the job would be taking out the garbage, which isn't hard.
Pros
we get paid and free candy.
good upper management horrible supervisors
SubContractor Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  tampa,flOctober 13, 2014
had a great time until my other supervisor kept screwing me on jobs
Pros
make you feel you are a sub contractor
Cons
bad supervisor