Kadlec Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic Work Environment - Beware!
Per diem to full (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 1, 2016
I worked at Kadlec for almost a year per diem, holding out for a full time position. My role was to work whatever department needed help. Because of this experience, I can share that The Planetree philosophy of "treating others with care and compassion" has been rejected by both hospital and clinic management with regard to their employees.

"Everyone knows each other here" and "you must fit in with the culture" means that high school bonds and behavior are encouraged and rewarded. Every department has a snitch, gossip and/or mean girl, who make it their business to ruin other people's livelihoods and health with their words and daily actions. Managers react to their statements without verifying whether what has been said is true or factual or if a few words have been reported completely out of context.

After obtaining the "sought-after" full time employment, I thought I had found a "safe" place because rarely are full time people let go. I was wrong, The immature girl who was supposed to train me refused to do so. She told management that I touched her inappropriately and without verifying with me, the manager fired me without a warning. Even though their written protocol states managers are supposed to follow "progressive discipline" for transferred workers, she chose to believe gossip and side step normal management protocols. Also noted as a reason for termination was a half- truth. In reality, I discussed a serious error with a colleague because I needed help to fix the error- my teammate was out and the manager just got back after several days away.

He told the
  more... manager I was criticizing another employee: no, I was discussing how to fix a problem on a claim. The manager, a high school graduate who has never lived outside this area, does not know the difference between discussing "work product" that needed correction and "being negative" about the employee. My job was to locate and fix errors. Because my team mate refused to train me AND the manager was out sick most of the time I worked in her department, I decided to ask a colleague for help. Big mistake. The manager based the decision to end my livelihood on gossip alone and did not follow written disciplinary protocol or consult with HR.

An appeal to human resources did no good - it seemed I had been targeted for dismissal. In a "he said"/"she said" situation, the human resources director has no more sense of fair play and professional courtesy than other management. In the end, I was cast as an "other", accused of lying, and told I did not fit the culture.

In my view, not fitting in with that culture is a good thing. Except for the fact I need to work, there was nothing at Kadlec that was positive for me and MANY other people that must put up with this toxic environment to keep a roof over their head. Kadlec is a terribly limiting and demeaning place to work, unless you are mean-spirited, in which case you might enjoy the much-prized "culture" and have the potential to be promoted to management.
Pros
Gift shop
Cons
Management, HR, pay
Horrible place to work at!
hospital (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 14, 2016
For the many years I worked at Kadlec never did I think it would be the way it turned out. I hung around because let's face it we gotta work and make money and I had hope that things would get better, but they never did! This place acts like they are all about plane tree and what not but reality is I've never heard and seen such babies complain about their jobs. Where I worked everyone complained and never wanted to do a little extra because like they said "it's not my job". Boy did I hear that a lot. I worked in a horrible environment. I was always so nervous to mess up because I knew that I would probably get yelled at. I always heard the negatives or how I messed up and never did I hear that I was doing great. The manager acted like she cared about me or what was going on with me but would turn her back and talk about me to other employees. In he end I'm glad I saw her true colors and I'm glad I'm out of that place. Walking in that place made my gut hurt everyday!! Always nervous always scared of who was going to ruin my day because I wasn't good enough. Let's not mention some of the doctors their...way over their heads and talk down to their employees no matter how hard they work or help them. Just over all bad bad place to work and this is that I left this job in good terms. I just held on as long as I could but had to leave. It was toxic working here. I say all this because it's what I saw, heard and experienced.
Pros
Gift shop
Cons
Everything else.
While the benefits and pay may be great there is certainly not much to say about some of the departments or people with whom you work with.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kadlec, Richland, WAMarch 23, 2016
I worked for a short time in the Patient Scheduling Dept. While I'd worked for a number of other hospitals nothing really prepared me for this place.
The place I worked in was a dark, cold and terribly depressing place. Certainly nothing I would really call an office. There was a so-called "snitch" or "tattler" on staff. She made it her job to report whatever she heard to another person in the office one was in charge who then reported to a manager. The worst part was she reported stuff out of context and what she "reported" wasn't confirmed. I only tolerated working here for a very short time. You don't really know who to trust and this makes the days drag on and on.....
The sad thing was how many of the women I worked with were all different ages yet they were so scared to death of being fired if they missed a day for being sick, or talking to one another or joking or basically having a normal day at work interacting with one another. This was is sad and depressing!
Kadlec had been a place I'd been excited to work at and when finally given the chance became extremely disappointed and sad when all of the above and more happened. This is why I left..I expected so much more yet was subjected to a work environment so grossly overrun by fear and nothing more than complaints from the employees. Be leary of the department. But above all, there is almost a book of written company "DON'TS".... so, if you are ready to quit breathing, enjoying work or your job or interacting with your co-workers or feeling like you can relax....definitely don't apply here. Sorry to say,
  more... but you will be very much disappointed...  less
Pros
shuttle bus
Cons
breaks but lunch room terrible, dirty and not enough chairs, extremely depressing atmosphere.
Great People! Great place to work
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richland,WAMay 17, 2015
• Deposit cash receipts • Prepare, route, & verifie referrals
• Resolve billing inquires • Handle multiple projects
• Perform clerical & office support duties • Distribute outgoing/incoming mail
Great workplace!
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Richland, WashingtonApril 3, 2015
Kadlec has a great work environment. I drive a shuttle bus transporting personnel to different locations on the campus. Personnel all seem to be happy and fulfilled with their jobs. My managers are always happy to be there when I need them. As far as the hardest part of the job, that would be the monotony of driving around and around, but I handle it. The pay is acceptable but the number of hours is insufficient. This has challenged me to seek other part time work to fill in. The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with fellow employees.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Have part time job, need full time
this was a voluntary position but very satisfying .
Auxiliary Member (Former Employee) –  Richland,wa.October 8, 2014
I loved making the charts for the patients that were to have surgery the following day. the charts were color coded according to the type
of surgery they were having,which doctor it was and the specific type of disclosures, medical information and release forms necessary for that procedure. The staff was so great and helpful.
Pros
great team to work with, satisfaction of helping in worthy cause
Cons
voluntary job no pay
Excellent administrative support
Clinical Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 1, 2013
Kadlec is a great place to work with full staff support by supervisors and administrative team. Provides lots of employee recognition and appreciation opportunities. Encouraging of continuing education and workplace advancement.
A company that genuinely cares about the community and it's employees.
Sr. Network Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 1, 2013
Kadlec Regional Medical Center is a company with strong moral values, a friendly work environment, and excellent business strategies. The executive team is second to none and the corporate culture is excellent. Employees care about each other and their community. There are many opportunities for professional growth, but career advancement can be difficult in some departments.
Pros
highly ethical, all-star executive team, good work-life balance, great work environment
Cons
rapid expansion often creates high-stress situations
High turnover for Kadlec's Exec. Admin. Asst. positions
Former Exec. Admin. Asst. for KMC Pres. (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 21, 2013
Kadlec's Administration office is very fast paced and can be challenging. Office politics and high turnover for their executive administrative support. Do check into this.
Pros
meeting new people; benefits fairly good.
Cons
management, politics, high turnover, advancement possibilities w/no additional compensation
very productive and fast paced
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAFebruary 21, 2013
Fast paced with opportunity to ,eeet nice new people. Quick to be judged and not alot of room for growth. Managemewnt in my dept. were difficult to communicate with.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
hurried or no breaks
Wonderful job.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  WAJanuary 9, 2013
Lots of work. Great bosses. Working from home. A typical day involved logging on, checking status of jobs, and transcribing first the stats and preops, then histories, consults, discharges, for a full evening shift.
Imaging Aid
Imaging Aide (Former Employee) –  Richland, WaSeptember 25, 2012
I enjoyed working and transporting the patients to and from there room's. I also enjoyed assisting the technician with the exams prepping and post oping. And educating the patients.

2.5