Kadlec Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hard to meet managers expectations
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 8, 2017
It's really dysfunctional because of managers choices and no matter how good you are if the manager does like you can be very miserable. Manager has different expectations for different people. The work itself is pretty good and the doctors are great to work with. Too many people have inappropriate and unprofessional attitudes. The manager has rules but rarely enforces them.
Pros
greate doctors
Cons
management
A great place to work!
Manager, Guided Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 4, 2017
What I like most about Kadlec Health System was that they fully supported my career growth and advancement. I made meaningful relationships and had outstanding mentors.
Terrible Management and Corporation to work for.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 1, 2017
Management is awful. They prefer people that brown nose versus someone doing a good job. Very clicky environment. Department Director, Managers and Supervisors all played the same game but not with the same people. A lot of employees and managers running around with "their people" and against their supervisors or managers trying to find a person that will give them what they want and not what is correct. They all make their own rules and rules only apply to some when others get to do what they want.
Poor management
Housekeeping Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 18, 2017
Through working at the environmental service department, the management team does not seem to care on how hard you work. They never point out the good things you do for them but are quick to point out the mistakes you make. The ,management team is like this to everyone. No one is happy in our department. We get under paid as well for the hard work we provide. This is a reason why I am looking for another job.
Cons
no appreciation
always room for advancement, with that job security, educational reimbursements
Unit Secretary / CAN (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 18, 2017
The ideal place to work with great benefits and support...wonderful team .i would still be employed there if i had not went through Post Par-tum Depression as long as i had after giving birth to my last child.
Pros
very family oriented. discounts on meals, helped with rent and 90% of my maternity costs . the pay way excellent, staff was more like a family .
Cons
Office politics with some nurses became a big problem and was unnecessary .
exceptional work place
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 4, 2017
mt typical day at Kadlec was getting to work hands on with patients in an Inpatient and Outpatient basis everything from massage therapy, to assisting patients in therapy rehab groups and pool exercise groups, charting and documentation of patients, assisting patients with appointments and finding where they need to go. stocking of supplies, head of the aromatherapy department.
Extern Student
Extern Student (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 2, 2017
I was an Extern Student for 11 months at Kadlec. I enjoyed working there and learned a lot from the people I worked with. The people there are kind, friendly, and easy to get along with.
hard work but mostly satisfying
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging the providers with positive feedback.

The hardest part of the job is getting support from the manager when problems arise.

I have expanded my coding skill set in different areas.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no support of management
Day as Floor RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 6, 2017
A typical day was very fast paced. I admitted and discharged several patients per shift. My patient load ranged from stable acute care, pre/post surgical, OB and complicated chronically ill that need 24hr care without placement. What I got out of this job was to learn how to better manage my time and improved on my acute care skills. The culture/management were not supportive, there was a clique like environment. The hardest part of my job was not having the support needed in that position. My most enjoyable part was caring for my patients, the fast paced environment, improving my RN skills and the education provided by the hospital. The pay and benefits were a big plus.
Pros
Pay/benefits and education
Cons
lack of support/team environment
Great company to work for, they really care for their employees
MATERIALS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 5, 2017
A typical day at work was always faced paced. I was able to get my foot in the door and feel the setting of a medical environment, it was very fascinating to learn about medical procedures, supplies and medical terms. My supervisor was great, she did her best every day to make sure we had taken breaks and kept a good balance of the tasks, knowing how much work we had to do. The hardest part of the job was when we were low staffed, the work load increased and that made it physically stressful but we tried to balance it within the team that was left and work together to get through the days work. I loved being part of the team, we created a great relationship and learned to work better together.
Pros
Free coffee from the cafeteria!
Cons
Lots of physically stressful work
Productive and fun place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 3, 2017
Productive and fun place to work
Excellent coworkers
Flexible schedules
Continuing education programs
Health insurance not the best, high monthly premiums for low coverage
Pros
Great schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Healthcare
Productive, Fast Work Enviroment
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 27, 2017
Everyday is a different day. You'll have your good days then you'll have your bad days. Everyday is a new day. Must be prepared for anything and everything to come thru the doors.
Very friendly co workers as well as a family oriented environment
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 1, 2017
A typical day consists of helping a variety of patients whom are needing medical records, access to kchart, transferring records, etc. My specific title releases health information to any clinics/ doctors that are requesting records via fax. We receive hundreds of fax's everyday that are requesting records or information from our 30 + clinics involved with Kadlec including the hospital. Knowledge of each clinic including the hospital is needed in order to orient patients whom are not sure what to do when needing records whether if it is for continuing care, legal matters, insurance, disabilities, social security, etc. Throughout completing my task of sending records we are also taking patient on face to face and phone calls throughout the day. Time management and the ability to multi-task is needed in order to complete your daily goals.
Pros
Fast pace and self-task
Cons
temp position, no benefits
Great employer prior to merging.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 30, 2017
Kadlec was a great place to work, prior to merging with Providence. They do provide continuing education allowance, tuition reimbursement/ assistance. Health insurance has cheap monthly rates but large out-of-pocket costs. With the merge, less vacation time for nurses. Feel very replaceable. Management makes productivity more of a focus than actual patient care. Best hospital in the area.
Pros
Continuing Education allowance, best facility in the area.
Cons
productivity more important to management than patient care.
They had excellent Benefits
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 28, 2017
The best part of my day to day routine was interacting with the patients and my co-workers. I made quite a few friends while working there.The hardest part of my job was watching the patient and family suffer and struggle and come to terms with health problems and care.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Not a bad place to work.
Materials Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 25, 2017
Kadlec had good job secuirty in most departments. Pay was decent for the given jobs. Everyone got the same raises, regardless of the quality of work preformed.
Great Company
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 12, 2017
Great Company to work for. Look after employees and clients/patients. Would recommend anyone looking to be in medical field to check in to Kadlec. You will not regret it.
Great experience
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 29, 2017
Work for Kadlec for the past two years & had an overall good experience , they want to provide the best compasionate customer service around and treat employees with respect , had great managers who try their best to work with employees & accommodate schedules & time off, very glad to work for such a great company.
Pros
Good working hours & benefits
Cons
Low pay
Loved my job, management bad
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 24, 2017
After Providence took over the small-town community hospital went to bureaucratic red tape. The good managers we had were lost and replaced by ones that didn't care about their employees. The hospital is overworked and understaffed.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Very fast paced and demanding place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJune 16, 2017
I found my experience at Kadlec to be mediocre as an employer. The benefits were so-so. The doctors I worked for were great and I learned an immense amount of medical knowledge. They do put patient care at a high priority, but the volume of patients they need to see in a day does affect patient care. My co-workers were great, fun and supportive Management positions had a high turn over rate.
Pros
High compensation
Cons
not the greatest medical benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kadlec Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kadlec Medical Center Reviews by Location