Kaeser Compressors, Inc. Employee Reviews

So much wasted potential
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 20, 2017
This has the potential to be a really good place to work, a place to have a long career. Instead it is led by the most dated management team. Starting from the top level president, working down to the lowest level supervisor. There is not an opportunity to grow or bring in new ideas. They are stuck in the mind frame of "this is the way we have always done it" and do not want to change. They use bare minimum technology for day to day operations even though they are a leader in product technology. They try to manufacture a culture of "Kaeser Family" but the truth is there is no interaction between departments or branches, there is no sense of teamwork. You can sit in the break room and not one person will speak to you. The HR department is the most unfriendlist, unknowable group of people in any company. They are not able to answer basic questions, change precedures and only talk to each other.
Pros
Expensive Benefit Plan
Cons
Culture, Management and Human Respurces
Worst Place to Work for (current employee)
Scheduler/coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2016
If I could give this job 0 Stars I would. This is your worst job ever. There is no communication both internally and externally. Customers call in and speak to 5-6 different people working on the same ticket. Work orders are all screwed up management doesn't care most of the people that work here don't care and are actively looking for other employment. This should be a red flag for everyone that this is not a great place to work. Everyday that you're here you feel like you're being eaten alive. The benefits are nothing to look at and just in general company sucks to work for. If you can find somewhere better to work at. Life is too short to put up with this job.
Pros
No pros that I can think of
Run Far Away
Service (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2016
The worst job ever.

This place is the pits. I dread coming to work and can't wait for the day I no longer have to walk through their door for work.

Benefits are lousy and too expensive. There are no vending machines, no company provided coffee and no paper towels in the kitchen (kitchen only, no lunch tables) There is no employee break room or a place designated for employees to break or lunch. Speaking of breaks, you are not entitled to a 5, 10, 15, 20 minute morning or afternoon break but local mgr will allow it. However, if you smoke you are entitled to as many smoke breaks as you wish especially if you smoke with management.

Youre treated and talked to as if you are a child in school or a prisoner in jail. Everyday in almost every situation its a cluster Of mess even though all processes are documented. Nothing is ever a smooth and easy transaction. Things constantly change and you may not be made aware until you get a nasty gram from management stating you did something wrong. Nasty grams with inappropriate language is the norm here. Processes are long, they don't make make sense with a lot of unnecessary work and details required.
Pros
Unlimited breaks for smokers
Cons
Everything Kaeser
No room for advancement
NA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2017
The Dallas branch needs work, there is no break room, the office where you work is cramped. Dallas Management is great but employees are really unhappy, the superior is young and on ADHD meds so she's spastic. The corporate office is really poorly managed, there does not seem to be a "team" spirit from corporate to the branches. I would not recommend a Dallas position if you are looking to advance in the company as there is no where to go.
Great Place, Great Location
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 2, 2016
Kaeser is in a great location if you work for the headquarters in Fredericksburg. It allows you a chance to have a career without the obligation to travel up north. My manager was awesome, took the time to listen to new ideas. Work life didn't take over family life, I was always able to leave right on time with no expectation of coming in early. It is a Mon-Fri, 8-5 schedule. I really enjoyed learning about the industry, the company provided many opportunities to learn. The employees care about the community and there is always some kind of charity event being sponsored that you can help out in different ways. It was a place that I could have fun while I was at work.
Pros
Training, location, management and coworkers, schedule
Cons
You don't get a chance to interact with the people at the branches that often.
Not for highly educated or experienced
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GAJune 13, 2016
Stay away from this place if you are highly-qualified or experienced in sales. They gas you up just to get you in the door. They tell you all about the bonuses and the great benefits and tell you that you will be a great asset to the team. When hired you find out it is nothing but a call center. You'll make cold calls and try to track down sales guys all day. Your bonus is determined by what the overpaid outside sales guy sells and how you perform as a "team" in your territory. Sorry but I have over 15 years of industrial sales experience, I could run this office with my eyes closed. I don't get out of bed for less than $55k. Luckily my former employer welcomed me back with open arms.
Was a fun place to work in until positions were centralized.
Branch Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJanuary 30, 2016
I can say the branch I worked for had a terrific team. I had the best service manager who always supported me when I needed help and gave me the proper tools to do my job.

The team there was great but the leader of the branch didn't have the proper leadership skills and liked to micro manage. You have to trust your employees.

Unfortunately, my position got centralized to the headquarters which in my opinion is not always the best thing to do. You lose that local relationship with the customers when this happens causing customers to go elsewhere.

Benefits were good. Health insurance was kind of costly. Compensation for the position was very low for the work load that needed to be done.
Pros
Great team and good benefits
Cons
Poor branch management
Great Company, Great Opportunities
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2016
It is nice working with a company that values the employees, is customer focused and is driven to improve. I had many opportunities for training. I really feel like my manager wanted me to grow, both with product knowledge and position knowledge. The company cares about employees and that is reflected in the benefit package. The health insurance is a very generous plan and they offer both profit sharing and 401k. They give back to the community and give the employees opportunities to get involved.
Pros
Benefits, Community Involvement
Great place to work!
Technical Administration (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Kaeser is a very well-rounded company. My co-workers are pleasant to be around and work with. They are always willing to lend a hand or answer questions. Management are great leaders and let you manage your own workload without micromanaging. They really create an atmosphere that makes it enjoyable to go to work. Kaeser also offers great benefits and profit-sharing.
Pros
Benefits and profit-sharing
Cons
I can't think of any
Service Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22408June 5, 2016
poor management and no breaks, no team work and rules change with out everyone knowing. parking sucks, no cafeteria. i stay because if is good money close to home.

Want to know more about Kaeser Compressors, Inc.?

Ask a question
One of the worst places in Houston to work!!!!!!!
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Stay away from the Houston branch. Office Monkey(manager) is a jerk. No one is safe ,talks down to everyone. Will set you up for failure. I wasted 3 years of my life working at Kaeser.
Pros
Cons
Bad Place to be.
Horrible place! Stay away!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 5, 2016
Be prepared to leave your personality at the door and be talked down to every day. Management is incompetent and doesn't keep employees in the loop. In addition be prepared to be discriminated against.
Pros
Cons
Depressing in all areas
Review
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg VirginiaDecember 19, 2014
This company had good benefit, and good atmosphere, but they like to clean house for ridiculous things they would fire someone for looking at management funny. Good advancement but no job security.
Pros
team
Cons
did job cleaning once a year
Co-workers are wonderful and a great team
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 11, 2012
I learned a lot about the SAP system due to constant growth. The management team can be fair but also overbearing at times. Communication of information does not reach all departments as needed. The work load at times can be light but also extremely heavy due the number of customers and branches. The co-workers make the day a lot easier.
Outside Sales Representative
Commercial Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2013
A lot of cold calling, limited leads, feels like you are going over the same customers that other salesman in the area are covering. CRM is tedious and takes away from the time you could be speaking too or prospecting new clients.
Pros
Good benefits and work schedule, great training
Cons
Long sales cycle
Not a serious sales position
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 19, 2014
Territories are stuffed with distributors and sub-distributors that compete against you.
Layers of bureaucracy. Micromanagement.
Pros
Fellow sales staff friendly
Cons
No support
productive company
Branch Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2013
Learned AR skills, Concur & SAP systems. Typical day was answering all incoming calls for service & sales departments. Made all reservations for service & sales personnel, i.e. hotel, car & plane reservations. Created sales orders for all phone orders & units sold by outside salesmen. The most enjoyable part was talking with & helping the customers placing orders.
Pros
Learned different skills such as AR collections, Concur, SAP
Cons
High insurance premiums, low wages
Great Product and Great Support.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Easat TennesseeOctober 18, 2013
I worked for a Kaeser Rep as an outside sales rep, and I was totally sold on the product. Every tool I needed to bring Kaeser into a new area was available and the product delivered. Great training.
Pros
Freedom to work area, lots of leads, factory support.
Cons
Dealing with the local factory rep.
Yuck
National Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 17, 2013
I was there 6 months before I heard anyone laugh. It is a glum place. In the 6 months I was there, there was a 12% turnover. The door revolves there.
An adventure
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 6, 2014
An experience that can only be gained by working at Kaeser. It's like any other typical job. It has its pros and cons.