Kaeser Compressors, Inc.

Kaeser Compressors, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was a fun place to work in until positions were centralized.
Branch Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAJanuary 30, 2016
I can say the branch I worked for had a terrific team. I had the best service manager who always supported me when I needed help and gave me the proper tools to do my job.

The team there was great but the leader of the branch didn't have the proper leadership skills and liked to micro manage. You have to trust your employees.

Unfortunately, my position got centralized to the headquarters which in my opinion is not always the best thing to do. You lose that local relationship with the customers when this happens causing customers to go elsewhere.

Benefits were good. Health insurance was kind of costly. Compensation for the position was very low for the work load that needed to be done.
Pros
Great team and good benefits
Cons
Poor branch management
productive company
Branch Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2013
Learned AR skills, Concur & SAP systems. Typical day was answering all incoming calls for service & sales departments. Made all reservations for service & sales personnel, i.e. hotel, car & plane reservations. Created sales orders for all phone orders & units sold by outside salesmen. The most enjoyable part was talking with & helping the customers placing orders.
Pros
learned different skills such as ar collections, concur, sap
Cons
high insurance premiums, low wages
Great place to work!
Technical Administration (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 1, 2016
Kaeser is a very well-rounded company. My co-workers are pleasant to be around and work with. They are always willing to lend a hand or answer questions. Management are great leaders and let you manage your own workload without micromanaging. They really create an atmosphere that makes it enjoyable to go to work. Kaeser also offers great benefits and profit-sharing.
Pros
Benefits and profit-sharing
Cons
I can't think of any
Co-workers are wonderful and a great team
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 11, 2012
I learned a lot about the SAP system due to constant growth. The management team can be fair but also overbearing at times. Communication of information does not reach all departments as needed. The work load at times can be light but also extremely heavy due the number of customers and branches. The co-workers make the day a lot easier.
Outside Sales Representative
Commercial Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2013
A lot of cold calling, limited leads, feels like you are going over the same customers that other salesman in the area are covering. CRM is tedious and takes away from the time you could be speaking too or prospecting new clients.
Pros
good benefits and work schedule, great training
Cons
long sales cycle
Great Product and Great Support.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Easat TennesseeOctober 18, 2013
I worked for a Kaeser Rep as an outside sales rep, and I was totally sold on the product. Every tool I needed to bring Kaeser into a new area was available and the product delivered. Great training.
Pros
freedom to work area, lots of leads, factory support.
Cons
dealing with the local factory rep.
Review
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg VirginiaDecember 19, 2014
This company had good benefit, and good atmosphere, but they like to clean house for ridiculous things they would fire someone for looking at management funny. Good advancement but no job security.
Pros
team
Cons
did job cleaning once a year
Corporation Benefits with a Family Feel
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  FredericksburgSeptember 17, 2015
Great company with great benefits. You are a part of a team and have support to be successful. Fun, positive, atmosphere makes going to work enjoyable.
Pros
On-site Gym, Benefits, Profit Sharing
Cons
I can't think of any.
Not a serious sales position
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 19, 2014
Territories are stuffed with distributors and sub-distributors that compete against you.
Layers of bureaucracy. Micromanagement.
Pros
fellow sales staff friendly
Cons
no support
Yuck
National Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 17, 2013
I was there 6 months before I heard anyone laugh. It is a glum place. In the 6 months I was there, there was a 12% turnover. The door revolves there.
An adventure
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 6, 2014
An experience that can only be gained by working at Kaeser. It's like any other typical job. It has its pros and cons.