Construction / Project Engineer
Kahn Construction Corp. is a Construction company specializing in ground-up and tenant finish
Commercial construction who is seeking candidates for a position of Construction Project Engineer for a ground-up Commercial building in the SE Denver metro area. This position will be full-time and will require travel between our corporate office in the DTC and the job site in Parker. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Assists Project Manager with the planning and daily execution of construction projects.
- Maintains project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager through the management of submittal approvals, RFIs, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, and maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Manages submittal log and coordinates submittals and construction drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent.
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the subcontractor’s compliance with the Contract Documents as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and helps solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
- Proactively manages the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion.
- Assists in the development of the site utilization plan
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are communicated.
- Maintains as-built documents
- Responsible for compiling submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors/suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
- Maintains professional relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support the Company’s core values and customer service.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and/meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well under time and other constraints
- Outstanding commitment to operational excellence
Indeed - 20 months ago
Kahn Construction has been proudly serving businesses in Colorado and other states since 1990. We have built our reputation and business...