KAISER ALUMINUM Employee Reviews

not at this time
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 14, 2018
This company has a long way to go in there maintenance department. In the 2 1/2 years I've been employed there I have had 3 Maintenance Managers and two Supervisors.
A great place to work
Production Worker- Mold Repair (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 5, 2018
A great place to work. Hard work but fun. Coworkers were all friendly and always help. A team in environment. Always getting training. Management was good. The pay was good and the benefits was good.
Pros
everything
Kaiser Aluminum Review
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TX 75090December 26, 2017
Get to work go to breakroom 30 minutes early chat for awhile read paper etc.
clock in at 7 and to work area turn on machine and load table start cutting and load on a buggy until finished with order.Lunch was when its your turn and off at 7.
Pros
insurance and retirement
Cons
a lot of overtime
Wonderful work enviroment
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 11, 2017
Working in human resources was a new experience for me, but it was mostly paperwork. The head quarters in Foothill Ranch is an amazing place to work. Clean nice work environment with truly kind caring individuals in the company. As long as you are good with a computer, this will be an easy fit for you.
Team work and close and positive relationship with Management and and employees.
PURCHASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
Daily Production meeting help all Production Departments
get updated on Production status, Inventory levels ,Quality
Control concerns , Engineering project status and Custumer
status.Emphasis on TEAM WORK.
J. Holtz
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Heath, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Continually being laid off is very difficult for my family. Manditory overtime will cause someone to get imjired or worse. Ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Manditory overtime
Great Place, career starter
Finish Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work, especially after you have enough seniority to choose your shift. Pay and benefits are excellent. Commitment to safety is commendable. Great place to dig out a career or even to finish one.
this company closed and sold the building to alcoa.
Steam Hammer Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 23, 2017
it was solid place. you definitely worked for your money. this is a flaw in this review section. why should i have to write 150 words if the company no longer is in business.
Kasiar
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 5, 2017
A good company to work for unfortunately not the type of work I Wana do more of a mans job but hood pay hard working people to work with paid lunch hour overall good company
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
Short breaks
It Ended Too Soon
Processor Controller (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAAugust 18, 2017
Kaiser Aluminum was an excellent paying job that ended much too soon. I can remember that without warning I showed up to work one day and was told by my superviser that there was a meeting up front in one hour, and surprisingly informed that the plant was closing down. What a loss.
Pros
good pay
Cons
closed too soon
good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2017
I was there 15 years. had many good times there and had many trying times there. Kaiser has great benefit and pay good money,but you have got to deal with a lot of heat. and attitudes.
Pros
good money
Cons
heat
Very stressful work environment
Sales Manager/Ford Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 4, 2017
Since they are owned by a investment banking firm, we spent too much time creating and updating reports. They were only looking to make their current month or quarter numbers.
great place to work
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2017
I enjoy working with Kaiser, they have excellent communication between the employees and management staff and also have flexible scheduling. The location is also easily accessible
Pros
nights
Cons
no paid holidays
Kaiser is great for some people
HR and Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXJune 15, 2017
Kaiser is a great plus to work for some people, but if you are brought in as an office temp it is difficult to go full time. I would recommend it for hourly employees out in the plant, though.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
High turnover rate
Depressing place to work
Set up inspector (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 28, 2017
On the typical day i'd come in and have our daily meeting. After thats done i would put on all my ppe including hot mill sleeves/Mask. Would then go make sure i have all my tooling in my 800 degree oven, make sure my cranes are operating properly and have my first sample cut to check the dimensions. Would then write down the dimensions on the blue prints for the job we were on. sounds pretty simple but most of the time it doesn't go that smooth you always run into people leaving you empty handed without the tooling you need and without the tooling you need it pretty much ruins your day. Doing twice as much work as you are required to do and the people who slack get away with it since they have been there longer than you have. Another hard part of the job is that you dont have a set break. You could come in slammed and have short jobs all day and not take your break at all the whole day of being there.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Cons
poor work conditions and working weeks straight no days off
Unproductive bad environment to work in.
Manufacturing / Process / Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 15, 2017
Unproductive bad environment to work in.. I hated Kaiser. The people, the environment, the safety. It was overall the worst place I have ever worked..
Pros
No Pros
Kaiser Aluminum
Manufacturing Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAMarch 10, 2017
Kaiser Aluminum was a challenging, interesting and fun work environment. The people were great to work with and for. I learned a lot about aluminum extruding and the equipment.

The challenge to continue improving while making change in equipment and the operations was a learning process that allowed me to expand in knowledge and experience as well as meeting and working with new people on all levels of he spectrum of management.
not a good culture
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMarch 5, 2017
Company still trying to figure out the path after bankruptcy.
Management unorganized.
Friction among people & departments.
Good benefit and pay.
lot of turnover.
hard work long hours
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 29, 2016
a lot of work especially hours. ready for extreme heat heavy lifting and a lot of thinking esp paper work and little breaks.
Work hard play hard
Director (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CANovember 2, 2016
STRONG team environment that continually proves themselves regardless of the obstacle. Great place to work if you are up to the challenge. Executive management shows sincere appreciation for those that deliver. Strong, proud culture.
Pros
Real challenges, real rewards. Trust and autonomy to do your job
Cons
Can be EXTREMELY demanding at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KAISER ALUMINUM. Our community is ready to answer.