Responsible for all areas of medical group provider contracting including identification of areas of opportunity, negotiation, drafting, implementation and maintenance of contracts. Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external providers. Required to be knowledgeable of, and adherent to, all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, Kaiser Permanente’s Principles of Responsibility, and group policies and procedures. Time will be split 50% in the Southern Colorado area and 50% at the Denver Regional Office.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, health care administration or related area. Three years’ experience involving negotiations and quantitative and financial analysis required. Knowledge of health care reimbursement methodologies preferred. Working knowledge of budget management, and negotiating skills. Prefer a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- Negotiates financial and operational issues with providers and practitioners for the development and implementation of complex contracts.
- Acts as senior regional consultant to departments regarding contracts and legal agreements with community delivery systems.
- Analyzes perspective agreements and recommends action.
- Reviews key contract provisions to identify potential problem areas and solve issues creatively consistent with the needs of the customer; provides input and solutions for resolution of contractual issues.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers to resolve problems proactively and professionally.
- Coordinates implementation/administration of new contracts as well as administration of existing contracts.
- Incorporates information technology for effective contract management, data analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CPMG CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Controlling Emotions - Remains in control of emotions and demonstrates resiliency in the face of pressure and stress.
- Knowing Self - Shows self-awareness by not under or over-estimating own capabilities and remains open to feedback and coaching.
- Understanding Impact - Demonstrates awareness of others' feelings and the emotional impact of decisions on people.
- Displaying Confidence - Displays confidence and shows a preference for action without dominating others with own agenda.
- Executing Tasks - Delivers on commitments and executes responsibilities in a conscientious, organized manner without becoming mired in details.
- Taking Risks - Takes necessary and appropriate risks in order to increase performance impact.
- Adapting to Change - Adapts to changing circumstances, perseveres through obstacles, and maintains optimism.
- Communicating with Others - Engages others proactively to communicate ideas and promote team interaction.
- Listening To Others - Creates opportunities to gather feedback and shows consideration for others' perspectives.
- Demonstrating Accountability - Shows accountability for own responsibilities in the eyes of others.
- Collaborating with Others - Solicits the input of others to drive consensus and buy-in while still owning the decision.
- Showing Rationale - Creates objective support for ideas in a timely manner to ensure feasibility before proposing opinions to others.
- Leveraging Creativity – Identifies new, innovative solutions for complex problems rather than focusing on the status quo.
DISCLAIMER, COMPLIANCE AND SERVICE LANGUAGE:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente’s Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Kaiser Permanente’s policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Principles of Responsibility; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments.
All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
Functional and Environmental Factors available upon request.
Colorado Permanente Medical Group P.C. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.