Kaiser Permanente
1,782 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

fun positive place to work
Emergency registration clerk (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: insurance and bonuses
Cons: dealing with irate people
I registered patients in the Emergency department. I collected all demographics, HIPPA, and permission to treat. Entered in computer system. Electronically verified insurance and collected appropriate co payments. Hardest part of the job was irate patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers.
Progressive and challenging work place.
Medicare Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work includes qualifying callers for Medicare Advantage plans and explaining plan benefits to those callers who are eligible.
Great place to advance your career
Membership Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 19, 2014
A typical day in my current position is like any other call center environment. I place my life on the back burner as soon as I walk through my company's doors, and I make the members my main focus for the duration of my shift. I make sure that I provide excellent customer service by being attentive, understanding, caring and overall assisting them – more... with finding a resolution to their problems, question and/or concerns.
I've learned billing, claims, benefits, different plan types, a variety of different systems amongst other things.
Management is okay.
As in any work place, you have co-workers who are there to serve the members like yourself, and you have the co-workers who are there solely for the paychecks and rely on others to carry the load of the company while they take the easy route.
The hardest part of my job is not having the support of other departments within the company. Having to do others job when I only have the training and expertise of my own position makes my day difficult. As any job, things flow a lot smoother when everyone does their part.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that a member can hang up with me in satisfaction of the service that I provided them with. Knowing that I have provided a resolution to their situation(s) simply makes my day as well. – less
Collaborative work environment
Director, Strategy and Execution (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2014
Complex, challenging work in collaborative, positive work environment
like all my co-workers and the rest of the staff. friendly place.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 15, 2014
like all my co-workers and the rest of the staff. friendly place.
Productive and fast paced environment
Executive Assistant I for (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: massages on fridays from students from the national holistic institute.
Cons: assignment was only temporary with no opportunity to advance or accrue pto/vacation.
A typical work day consisted of project coordination, heavy calendaring, meeting configuration, initiating travel arrangements and frequent communication with KP related departments.

I learned to definitely sharpen my people skills and KP customer (internal/external) relation skills.

Keeping a clear channel of communication with management made it – more... easy to be communicable with them easy to give/receive instruction.

The hardest part of my job was manuevering and working out impossible calander schedules for mandatory meetings for the Vice President I supported.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I finalized all tasks and projects and receiving special recognition for my completion. – less
Loved this Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 15, 2014
Awesome benefits, great hours, and coworkers are like family!
Excellent working environment
Medical Assistant - Volunteer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2014
A typical day working as a volunteers may include assisting Office Managers with routine general administrative responsibilities; telephone receptionist, retrieving messages, and filing. Assisting general public as necessary, escorting clients to designated offices, organizing work stations. Performing some computer non-confidential tasks. Assisting – more... in the Family Health and Plastic Surgery departments. – less
This was a very fun and creative working atmosphere
Health Plan Representative (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: as long as you did your job you were not micro-managed
Cons: hard to sell product because it was a new product and company
I was a sales representative who sold scheduling software to small businesses and call centers. I enjoyed the fact that everyday was a challenge and I learned something new.
nice place to work for
LVN II (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 14, 2014
nice place to work for. the doctors and the staff are friendly. pt are nice. Great Benefits!!!!!
About Me
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Fulton, MDOctober 13, 2014
I am a hard worker who is willing to learn what is taught. I am Motivated and ambitious. I have the drive and skill to complete tasks that are asked of me.
Providing patients with the best care
Phlebotomist Extern (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CaOctober 12, 2014
I absolutely loved working for Kaiser although it was only for a short period of time because I was only there as an extern. The experience was truly beneficial and the staff was amazing and welcoming.
Advance Learning enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: experience working with a call center & kaiser insurance
Cons: company can improve full time hours & permanent shilfs
Log in to my assigned computer.
Screen, Data Enter & Enroll Applications for Kaiser Permanente Insurance. Customer Service call center for Internal Medicine patience's to make & cancel appointments and also directory assistance, health concerns etc.
Excellent job
Inpatient and SNF Care Coordinator Team Lead (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 12, 2014
Staff and management work well together. Best job I had. Very innovative with health care
Very productive and great place to learn the newest medical devices.
Under general Supervision from the Lead Nabil Odeh (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 12, 2014
Started at 7:00 am with work orders throughout the hospital with PMs and repairs.Learned about Dialysis machines,Alaris infusion pumps and PC,Phillips Defibrillators on how to do PMs as well as time management with co-workers.Learned with other co-workers on how to manage time.Most enjoyable task at Kaiser was making sure patients medical devices were – more... safe and reliable for usage as well as taking care of Dr's and Nurse's work orders. – less
Productive environment
Manager, Product Operations (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 11, 2014
Productive environment

Great teams with very capable and intelligent co-workers
A great place to work.
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 10, 2014
Pros: allows working from home, at least 2 times per week
Cons: the traffic is a bit troublesome at times, but doable and worth it for the opportunity to work at kp.
A typical day at work is scheduling the Sr. Director's calendar and reminding her of the meetings. Preparing Powerpoint presentations and setting up the meeting room for the presentation in an organized manner. Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work, with many caring, co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the commute. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is being priviledge to work in a great company that makes the employee feel important. – less
Hard-Working Employees
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), 9333 Imperial Hwy Downey, CA 90242October 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: sometime difficult to maintain work/life balance
The best part about working at Kaiser Permanente was the professionalism and expertise of my colleagues. All were hard-working, dedicated over-achievers whose attention to quality was beyond expectations.
Hospital Administrative experience
Internship (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 10, 2014
Continuing Care
Office Job
Administration
90 hours
Made a booklet for RNs
Presentation
productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2014
light cleaning at beginning of shift. greet seat and serve customers with exceptional customer service skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos