Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Hospital Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Great work environment, biggest HMO on the west coast. Had their own hospital, clinics. Great benefits. Great learning and growth opportunities. Union
Pros
great pay, benefits, union, good growth potential
Great Place to work
Sales & Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regional Office, Rockville MarylandFebruary 17, 2018
Kaiser Permanente Foundation Health Plan organization takes pride care of all the staff.
The employees at Kaiser gets top benefits in Health & Dental.
Pros
Best Health Care
Great company
Operation Specialist, Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Kaiser Permanente offers great benefits to their employees and their families. The company is focused on helping the communities in which they serve and try to convey that to their employees.
Benefits
Great company
Nutrition Partner (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Good company. Good pay. Management was not the best. I left the company to advance in my field of study. I would like to return back to the company when the opportunity arises.
Constant changes in information and protocol
Call Center Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 17, 2018
Information avail for patients and employees on how to care for patients and their requests, needs and requirements. Each clinic has their own ways of doing various things and we are expected to keep up with any changes as soon as an email is sent out to us from management. Lots of information to know and constant changes. All calls are recorded and a portion are reviewed and rated. We in the Call Center were allowed this past year to work at home with company equipment but we had to get our own ergonomic desks and chairs. We had to pay for wifi and electricity charges. We had to still go into office for various meetings and things, on occasion. We had a direct Supervisor and other Supervisors and Leads from whom we could request clarification from. We were on teams. The hardest part of the job was trying to make appointments when there were not any left and the stress of back-to-back calls. We had to keep up with all of the training and that meant that we fit some of this information gathering into our breaks and before and after our shifts. We have a Union that sometimes helps us.
Pros
the union, being able to work from home, good pay, training as some of the changes came up
Cons
having so much change that had to review information on breaks and other "personal" time, sometimes not having time for training, back-to-back calls
The clinic I worked at has a very friendly atmosphere and we all worked together as a team
LVN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Provider sees pt every 15 minutes so you have to be onto of things and know how to multi task. management is very good and gets a long well with the staff. We work as a team, hardest part is dealing with angry parents. Having the sick kids looking and feeling better even after they get thier shots.
Kaiser Permanente Extern
PHLEBOTOMY EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Exciting,productive and very organized place to work
i learned so many things with different people
Job doesn't seem hard but most of all have to be alert in anything and occupied.the most enjoyable part is lunch time is on hour.
Truly the national leader in healthcare
Hospitalist Physician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 16, 2018
I am a hospitalist physician with the Permanente Medical Group in Northern California. I work a 70% schedule and make over $200K per year. The workload is heavy but usually quite manageable. The stress level is as expected for a busy hospital. The medical group is very collegial. Inter-specialty relations are mostly quite cordial and your colleagues will be top notch. There are opportunities to teach residents and/or medical students, depending on the facility. Administrative time is available if you chair a committee, or work on performance improvement projects. The benefits are unparalleled.
The group is physician managed and physician driven and you have a great deal of autonomy in your practice, guided of course by best practices.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, colleagues, Job security, interesting work, flexibility, retirement
Cons
Hospitalist sometimes get dumped on
Medical Assistant and Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2018
Intranferred to Denver from California and my 20 year seniority didn't transfer from union to union and I'm moving to Colorado Springs. I have to find another job because I lost all my bidding seniority.
Patient centered and well compensated
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for Kaiser. Great opportunity to grow within the company. Benefits are above any employer out there. I enjoyed working for a non profit organization.
Pros
Benefits are wonderful
A typical working day
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 15, 2018
It was a lot of interaction with the patients, and the physicians.

Scheduling the Group Therapy sessions for both Pain Management and Addiction patients.

Pain Management, and Addiction Medicine is complicated
Pros
Helping Patients cope with their pain issues, and addition issues
Cons
Kaiser has good benefits and pays well
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Leandro CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2018
Kaiser has excellent benefits and pays well I would recommend a job at Kaiser and I love the benefits my hours were great too I like the overnight shift and the pay differential
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Great work experience and outstanding staff that is willing to work together as a team to accomplish/meet company goals. Overall a great company to work for.
loved it
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
great place to work, be on time and work hard. fast paced i really enjoyed it there. Its very competitive...fast paced...the company pays well. .....
great place to work
Inpatient Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 15, 2018
i have been working at Kaiser for 12yrs and I love this company. Kaiser takes care of their employees from paying for health benefits to giving a bonus every year.
KP is a great organization to work for
LVN (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working for KP. KP has great benefits, the staff is helpful, and the patients are great.
I was extremely sad that I needed to resign to pursue furthering my education full time.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Self starting
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Thier was no direction in commencing. Everything in my position was self-procured and taught. I had to establish relationships with Departments for collaboration.
Supportive work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Always had enough support to complete projects. I could turn to almost every employee in my department and ask for assistance or clarification without hesitation. Everyone is always willing to help.
Clinic Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 14, 2018
Good work/life balance. Great benefits. Decent salary. Pension provided by Group Health which was acquired by Kaiser and remained even through acquisition. 401k match and friendly co-workers.
Senior Admin job goes union
Senior Staff Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I'm sure many of you have tried to figure out how to get your foot in the door to your desired company. Well I thought for sure that if I was a contractor that would be the way to go. I have Several years of C-level experience and I didn't need medical benefits so I thought that would be ideal route to get my work ethics out there. I have been working as a contractor and my manager shares with me she love that I am doing a great job but my job will turn into 2 union jobs. and it is out of her control even though I have learned what needs to be learned I will be replaced. It is very tough to swallow knowing my job is being broken into a 2 person job. Why would they not try hard to keep me? makes me think that it is a cut throat game and I don't feel like playing. I simply want a job I can go to everyday and not worry if I will be let go of. so I tell you be careful out there!
Pros
Free Lunches and breakfast if morning meetings
Cons
No overtime, and Contract job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2