Kaiser Permanente
1,383 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

kaiser dose have an atomophere of multi racial work force , but it was a nice place to work.
Senior Lead Technician (Former Employee), Antioch, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: multi racial in setting
Cons: poor management team.
my over all view has always been that if Kaiser was to be careful when selecting their managers, it would be a good place to work and thrive.
Mixed Bag
Senior Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: behind in technology, not flexible with schedules, no career growth
Very slow to make changes or have management make decisions, very behind in technology. Benefits are great, but communication is horrible in this company. Limited career opportunities.
fast paced, emergency room
Supervisor of the clerical staff (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: having to collect cost share at the patients bedside.
I worked in the Emergency Room, and it was very fast paced. We would register patients, collect cost shares, verify eligibility for Medi-Cal. My co-workers were good, we got along and we got the job done. Every day was different, you never knew what was coming thru those doors.
fun work place and busy
Support Service Representative (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: manager are easy to get along with
Cons: not applicable
team work are excellent, employees very close, company is closed due to owners death
Excellent Benefits Package
Member Service Represenative (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 12, 2014
A typical day involves answering member and/or provider inquiries regarding plans and coverage. The hardest part of my job is maintaining composure during difficult situations that may impact a member's health. Overall, it is a really challenging job that is very rewarding at the end of the day.
good work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough time to eat lunch
like helping all customers and employers managaers are great its an easy breezy day half of the time theres nothing hard about the job. most part i enjoy about this job are smiles on every one faces
Productive work placa
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
busy busy busy but wort it. loved it here. too bad it was along commute for me
Fun work place
Receptionist 2 (Former Employee), Downey, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
It was a good company to work for. You got to meet different people everyday. Co workers would help each other.
Kaiser Extern Experience
Externship (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CaApril 10, 2014
The employers at Kaiser were extremely knowledgeable in teaching an extern. I learned an extreme amount of medical knowledge that was not taught directly in a classroom. I enjoyed my externship very much at Kaiser. It was taking what I knew from the classroom and applying in into a medical setting.
great benefits, demanding, little flexibility
Ambulatory Clinic and Specialty Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 10, 2014
KP demands a great deal of their employees and is not too good at recognition. Lots of learning opportunities if you can get the time off. Great co-workers with great benefits. Management doesn't walk the talk.
One of the best hospitals in California.
Storeroom Worker (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAApril 10, 2014
Working for kaiser was a opportunity to offer my expertise in special projects organizing and relabeling supply cart that had been neglected due to high productivity.Grouped products in storeroom offering work friendly environment.
Stressful but at the same time enjoyable.
EMERGENCY ROOM CLERK (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 10, 2014
A typical day would be fast past, stressful, but a since of accomplishment at the end of the day.

I learned patience and tolerance.

Management and co-workers worked together to save lives.

The hardest part of the job was watching people die.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a person or family who walked into the ER in a stressful situation, – more... walk out with a smile on their face. – less
Internship, (volunteer) productive and fun work place
Medical Administrative Assistant Internship (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2014
Got an amazing experience, working at different, levels. working with this company was a great opportunity.
NA
Tech Lead (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
WORKING IN MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGY
REQUIRMENT GATHERING
LEARNING DAY BY DAY AND UP TO DATED TECHNOLOGY
Fast paced, hard work but interesting
RN Nurse Treatment Room (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 9, 2014
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: not a lot of support
We would take care of anywhere from 60 to 120 patients a day. Simple things like blood pressures & immunizations to complex thing like wound care, emergent patient assessment & IV therapy. Co-workers were FANTASTIC! Couldn't have done what we did without the great teamwork.
Good management and working enviroment
Certified Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Morrow, GAApril 8, 2014
Excellent working hours and the whole team was great to work with. Training team was very helpful and knowledgable.
Enjoyed, learned a lot about the people behind computers
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 8, 2014
Pros: riding the max, good location
Cons: jobs not long enough
I enjoyed working with most of the people in this environment. At times, things could get pretty busy with meeting deadlines. There were lots of meetings to keep up with along with just trying to be the Admin. Timekeeping could be difficulty with lack of information provided in a timely manner. I did learn a lot about requesting computer access, setting – more... up travel and meetings for those in the region that needed to travel. I liked that I was asked to perform task and not just there waiting for someone to tell me what to do. I enjoyed working for the physicians and getting to schedule their meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job feeling like what I did was important. – less
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAApril 7, 2014
It was very busy, and I learned so much from everyone there. From filling prescriptions, to doing inventory and ensuring that all the medications were up to date and in stock. Management was a huge in my development, they answered questions and taught me how to do things in a much more efficient way. They hardest and most enjoyable part of this job – more... was learning new things, and interacting with so many different personalities. – less
A great place to learn about current health care trends
CME Project Manager (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 7, 2014
My role has been to manage the creation of e-learning course and programmatic material for continuing medical education accreditation.

I have also been responsible for overseeing the creation and maintenance of departmental budget model using Microsoft Excel.

I acted as the Lead on a Data Architecture Standardization Project designed to update and – more... synchronize electronic records. – less
Sales representative
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2014
I learned Management strategies and customer service techniques

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos