Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 2,803 reviews matching the search
It was a great job
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Being a part of the culture at Kaiser Permanente was a very enriching experience. I developed many new skills during my tenure.
benefits
Cons
I didn't get to always practice the skills I picked up along the journey there.
Poor Leadership
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 8, 2016
Department often has communication barriers which results in failing to meet company goals and expectaions. Management does not affectively handle situations.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Lack of training and resources
Kaiser is state of the art
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 8, 2016
This entry level opportunity was an excellent experience. I met some of my now long-term friends. I worked well with doctors, nurses, and support staff. This opportunity allowed me to have flexibility as I raised my two children. I grew, had a comfortable income, and worked in a new buildings with up-top-date equipment, software, and well-trained nurses and health care staff.

Kaiser invests heavily into their employees and it shows. I miss working there, but I only left to pursue business ownership in the restaurant industry where my other passion is.
Pros
pay, training, opportunity
Cons
I should have never left!
Happy to be part of their team!
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Great place to work. Good advancement opportunities. Pay seems better than other HC companies. Much required of middle management.
Productive, empowering and fast paced. Great place to work.
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 5, 2016
I learned how to look at issues/ problems from a human perspective no just as a business leader . Because at the end of the day if the talent is happy and feels appreciated then our department was successful. by applying this method we met moreof of our stretch goals.
I also learned how to study and evaluate our current processes to see what job needs were not being met. And how to create what was needed through the talent that was in each specific department.
Pros
Weekly raffles, lunch, one on one outside the office ( a quick stroll)
Cons
trying to get everyone motivated, un-uniformed processes.
Stable company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I worked at Kaiser for 13 years - out of those 13 years, 5 of them were very good. It is all about what department you're in and who you work for. My best years were with a boss that wasn't a micro manager, they allowed me to be creative and helped me grow as an employee.

My co-workers were great, a lot of nice people work at Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Great benefits, access to discount Warrior tickets, motivation to thrive!
Cons
Stuffy work environment
Productive and a fun place to work
Service Desk Associate (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2016
a typical day of work is to provide a good customer service to the members of kaiser Permanente, the most enjoyable part of the job is that you are able to provide help to others and you receive a smile back.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
I'm just a volunteer
very stable work environment
Diabetes Resource Nurse-Endocrinology (Current Employee) –  Capitol Hill, DCFebruary 3, 2016
I have worked at Kaiser for 20 years. most of that time was in southern CA. There were more opportunities there because Kaiser is much larger than it is in the Mid-Atlantic
Great benefits
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 3, 2016
As an administrative assistant for KPCO I completed physician and employee annual evaluations as well as general office duties. I assisted with annual budgeting, time keeping, meeting setup, meeting minutes, office organization, and Medical office safety and emergency procedures.

I learned a great deal about the health care industry while working for KPCO.

The hardest part of the job was the continuous management and structural changes that were delegated throughout the organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the members and the co-workers!
Wonderful Place to Work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Kaiser Permanente provides great benefits and good work hours. Admin works well with staff. good work environment and great opportunity to work with a team
Dietitian-Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2016
The benefits of this job are amazing. Great pay, insurance, PTO, etc. Only downside is the amount of patient growth to provider growth. Many are overworked and burned out. Being in union protects you from this to some degree. Would recommend working here.
Productive place to work
Lab Assistant- Collect and process samples (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Collect and process samples from various sources, troubleshoot collection methods to prevent preanalytical error, prepare samples for analysis, send out samples to references laboratories, assist physicians with ordering, and patient check in
Nice culture and work environment
Business Systems Analyst - Contractor Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Nice Culture. Pay is good. People are friendly.Professional attitude. Formal work place. Haven't been here too long to comment more. Would love to keep working.
Kp
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 31, 2016
Great place to work. Excellent insurance and benefits package. Typical day as a medical coder, great management. I would definitely recommend Kaiser to a friend.
busy clinical environment
Diagnostic clinical audiologist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COJanuary 31, 2016
Opportunity to gain very useful clinical diagnostic audiology skills. Electronic record keeping. Various age groups tested and seen.
Pros
health insurance, compensation
Cons
career growth, union
Very poor management/ Birthing center
Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 31, 2016
I was a per diem employee for 6 years. In that time, we had 3 different department directors and various nursing managers. There was a terrible "feel " on the department floor. Nurses were awful to each other, there was lots of gossip and no management to keep any of it in line.
I feel poor management was the cause of a very unstable unit. I cannot list one contact number of a manger who is still there from when I was.
Pros
Beautiful facility, great equipment and pay.
Cons
Terrible management, poor attitude from nurses, back biting.
Patient Centered Care
Pharmacy Technician/Co-Lead (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Kaiser Permanente's mission to provide the best quality of care to all patients has wanted me to pursue a career in health care. I have learned financial strategies along with management and leadership skills to provide better care and lead a team to success. My co-workers are hardworking and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every single patient. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a safe and comfortable environment for all of my patients.
Great Company with good pay - Upper management morality is low
Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2016
Great company with excellent benefits and pay.

Be careful of who you associate with.

If you know who to get close to, then you safe.... otherwise look out because they will let you go without any marks or corrective actions on your record... at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
They will tank you without concise details
Productive and interesting place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 29, 2016
A regular day would be filled with patients , some had doctors appointments , others came in for urgent care . I learned many things but the one thing that stood out was the care Kaiser nurses provide to their patients. Management was good for the most part , there were a few times management was unfair to the new employees. Most of the co-workers were fair and treated you with respect, some were rude and provided no help. The hardest part was there is just way too much information to remember, being a new employee they expect you too know the whole system in two days. You make one mistake and you are in BIG trouble and new employee's dont get any benefits .
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment unfair on new employees
Practicing Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
Internist and Rheumatologist (Former Employee) –  Permanente, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Kaiser was a nice place to practice. There were staff lectures for continuing medical education credits. The general atmosphere was friendly and helpful.
Pros
Physician continuing medical education lectures.
Cons
Advancement was slow.

4.2