Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 4,359 reviews matching the search
Great place to work!
Claims Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 28, 2017
Kaiser is very fair with it's employees and generates a culture of caring. I really enjoyed my time there.

The pay is exceptional, as they are non-profit.
Pros
PTO, free coffee
Cons
outsourcing
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 28, 2017
I'm a receptionist and the job is pretty easy.
Culture is nice.
Coworkers are friendly and always willing to help.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the wonderful patients
na
Staff Nurse & Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 28, 2017
Certified HeartMath Instructor--1 of only 50 instructors in all of Northern

California--a set of tools and ideas to help people connect with themselves

and others while acknowledging their heart and the emotion tied to

it--taking a “pause” to allow the heart and brain to sync so we can be a

whole and complete person throughout the moments of our day

(COHERENCE). ​I was recognized by National Institute of HeartMath as

most innovative front line Leader for vision and integration into healthcare setting.
Reliable & steady employment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 28, 2017
The jobs offered are trained on-site with set hours and wages. Can begin at entry level and progress to higher positions. Kaiser provides jobs with both union & non-union membership options. Recently bought out the former Group Health Cooperative network.
Pros
Various locations to choose from
Cons
Complete overhaul started to expand as Kaiser Permanente of Washington, lots of changes being made.
professional work environment with plenty of support
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 27, 2017
good staff to patient ratios
good compensation and benefits
lots of management
breaks are important to Kaiser
collaborative approach
union environment
Productive and stressful place to work at times
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 27, 2017
A typical day of work is fast pace, and challenging at times. My group is very cohesive group with very experience nurses.
Management is very good.
The hardest part of work is to deal with natural delays, and extraneous issues not pertinent to chemotherapy.
The most enjoyable part of work is to be able to administer potent chemotherapy drugs, and discharge patients home stable.
Pros
It's a specialty; and to know what to expect.
Cons
Environment can be chaotic at times.
Excellent working place
Primary Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Kern, CAApril 27, 2017
I have been with Kaiser Permanente for 20 years until my retirement and start a new job with the VA . Working with Kaiser is a very positive experience more knowledge of preventative medicine seeing my patients live longer and healthier, how to connect with patients listen to them . They have ways to make sure we improve their health they guide the doctors best practices so I learned a lot from Kaiser how to become a good primary care physician
Pros
Pay for CME outside, license
Cons
Too many patients to see a day but good computer system so it evens out
Great Career
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2017
Kaiser is a great place to work. It really was a career for me. I had to leave for school, but given the opportunity to work there again, i definitely would. They offer great benefits to employees and their families.
Excellent. Kaiser is the innovated well recognized company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 27, 2017
The company is well known for going out of their way to provide the best medical care to its members and has a great tracking record. I very muchloved working there
Pros
Great benefits
Kp
Senior Orthopedic Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2017
Benefits are great, quality of life could be better. Management and administration need adjustments in understanding policy and procedures of KP as a whole.
Values
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 26, 2017
An amazing company with a great work culture of team work . They truly care about your home work life balance and will ensure that you're on the right path to career advancement
Pros
Everything was great for me and what I was lookoing for
Cons
my role didn't allow for telecommute
great place for a career
Customer Service Advocate of CCC (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 26, 2017
Kaiser has taken care of me. I'm lucky to have found this position within Kaiser. Work some amazing Doctors and Nurses, have a wonderful position in customer service.
Amazing Internship
Benefit Exception Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2017
During the summer of 2016, I was privileged to have had the opportunity to work at Kaiser Permanente. During this time i had my first contact with the corporate world and how it works, I learned a lot from the people there and from the corporation overall.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2017
I was only a volunteer. it was great helping people. Helped people who needed wheelchair and took them to their appointments, guided patients who needed assistance in the hospital
Thrive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 25, 2017
Kaiser does stand behind its Thrive campaign. Great company to work for. Lots of learning and training available. If you enjoying working with people and truly want to make a difference, it's a great place to work!
Good place with great people
HR Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 25, 2017
KP has provided me with lots of different work experiences I have worked for some great managers and not so great managers. However, I feel that in order to continue to keep up with the times, KP needs to really listen to their employees. Alot of us (due to the traffic, locations) need to be able to have a more flexible schedule to really have a satisfying work/life balance. Too many hours are spent on the road driving in, paying high parking rates, bridge tolls and public transportation fees. Most of our jobs can be done from home now. With technology advances, KP should embrace a more flex job schedule and allow more work from home days.
Pros
Health Insurance and other benefits
Cons
Telecommuting is not available to everyone.
Care for members is number 1
Data Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 25, 2017
Kaiser employees care about their work and members' care. In health care today there are many demands for keeping costs down. Pay in my department was a bit on the low side for what was expected, however, benefits were above average. The company preaches work life balance, but we did not experience that in our department as we were understaffed asked frequently to do more. We missed many employee events because of work needs. There were several major layoffs while I worked there and steady turn over in my department.
Pros
great medical benefits, wellness education
Cons
high demands on your time that may include nights and weekends, low end pay.
Call center for medicare part d plans
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2017
Receiving inbound calls from beneficiaries to enroll in the part d. Management and environment was great. I loved helping the elderly by explaining the different options they had and getting them enrolled.
Pros
Helping the elderly
Cons
Company moved out of state
Great Place to work
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work fun relaxed environment, would recommend this job to anyone. The atmosphere and culture are good. They make a lot of provisions for employees to have a relaxed environment.
Pros
Great lunch area
Cons
An organization with a great mission.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaApril 25, 2017
Kaiser Permanente (Northern California) is a complex organization with a great mission and most employees are very committed to serving the organization and it's members. Very top-down hierarchy and while change can happen, it doesn't happen quickly. Moving up in the organization is based on relationships. Very hectic pace due to the nature of serving so many members and trying to achieve high healthcare rankings. Workplace culture varies widely between business entities (hospital/health plan/medical group) and across medical centers and departments. A typical day is fast-paced, lots of objectives to meet, and great people to collaborate with. Innovation is slow in comparison to other industries (e.g., tech, biotech), but possible with determination.
Pros
Friendly and committed people, interesting work, great mission
Cons
Competing and changing priorities, steep organizational learning curve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2