Kaiser Permanente
1,598 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Kaiser
Member Education Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Good place to work, learned a lot from some very innovative and creative people.
Volunteer services
Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, no drama policy!
Cons: staff might be a bit overworked
I currently volunteer in the oncology dept..I love it..The nurses and staff are very professional...I would love a job here!
Terrible micro-management
Advice Nurse (Former Employee), Fair OaksJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, unecessary micro-management
Call center. Very busy, very strict break times. Poor management.
Patient Centered Environment
Infectious Disease Control Data Collector/Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great managers, friendly and easy going work environment, holidays and special recognition ceremonies
Cons: small and cramped office space, not enough use of technology to make work faster/easier
Managed seven specialty accounts (i.e. cardio/ortho) and large group practice to ensure that medical/facility claims were paid within timely filing limits. Reviewed denial remittances and prepare all documentation needed for resubmission of claims. Made coding corrections and filled-out questionnaires from insurance carriers/providers. Printed CS-1500 – more... claim forms and attach supporting docs (progress notes, EOBs, procedure reports) to be submitted for payment. Performed charge entry and payment posting.Obtained and corrected patient registration information when needed for billing purposes. Supervised an office team of 12-15 employees. – less
Good place to learn and grow
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJuly 23, 2014
It is a very good place to learn while working. I have lot of interactions with MDs, and RNs about the topics that i wanted to learn about. All the MDs are so supportive to me. I did my clinical rotation with Mds also and learned a lot about different diseases, disease processes, and disease management. Management supported me a lot during my school – more... time. Respiratory Management, Supervisors, and therapists did their best to help me out.I built a strong friendly relationship with all the staff and love to work in supportive and friendly environment. – less
We love our patients !
Quality, Compliance & Recoveries Supervisor (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 23, 2014
Excellent and a great place to work. Excellent people and benefits !
fast paced high energy
Enterprise Network Services Senior (Former Employee), Corona, CaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fast pace multi-environment
Cons: staff can tend to get "burn-out"; long demanding hours; staff reduction(s)
high energy fast paced environment providing service delivery/support for KP's voice/data infrastructure.
Management is very driving and very spread apart throughout the enterprise. Co workers are a fresh blend a team players
hardest part of job can be based upon the individual; can be challenging to keep up with communications within an enterprise – more... that is through the US and outsources service delivery support abroad.
enjoy working with a diverse group of team player(s) – less
Challenging, Rewarding & Smart People
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work ethics, humanitarian efforts, challenging
Cons: short lived...
A totally awesome experience and healthy environment that has rewarding challenges.
Kaiser is a good employer
Physsicians Staff Scheduling (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 22, 2014
Kaiser is a great company to work for. Great benefits and pay.
A great place to work
Unit Assistant/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 21, 2014
Working at Kaiser has been a wonderful experience. They medical, dental, and educational benefits are exceptional.
Job security for life
Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: job security. benefits. commute.
Cons: middle management, clocking in/out, stagnant growth.
A typical day involves supporting immediate supervisor and her high level projects but also management. Performing data analysis on financial and revenue accounts. Running reports and assess the performance of certain tasks and take action accordingly. Learning how to communicate with different channels is a learning curve with each group. There is – more... too much middle management, there is no autonomy. Ideal work environment with cordial staff. Hardest part of the job is executing a project that involves multiple people at various departments. Not only follow ups but ensuring work quality involves a lot of time commitment to one project. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment, it's not too corporate but not dynamic either. – less
Enjoy saving lives
EKG Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Downey, CAJuly 20, 2014
Passionate co-workers, enjoy saving lives, busy work days, don't like working at nights, learn to trust each other and work together, managements are ok.
Cultural diversity and nice employees made a pleasant enviroment.
LVN (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJuly 20, 2014
I enjoyed working the temporary flu-clinic assignment. It was a fun place to work and I really enjoyed working with the site director. Floating to other departments was a huge experience I never expected.
This job gave me good skills and how to handle the medical culture
Volunteer - Concierge (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2014
Check in visitors, look up patient rooms, direct visitors to proper hospital area. and also gave me the skills to handle situations under pressure
productive and fun place to work
LPN-clinical nurse (Former Employee), Gresham, ORJuly 19, 2014
A typical day was assigning CNA work assignments for patients, patient assessments, helping with feedings, giving medication and doing treatments, assisting CNA's as needed.
Helped to refine patient's assessments and receive physician orders and transcribing them.
My co-workers were great--a real team.
The most enjoyable part of the job was coming to – more... work and seeing my co-workers and the residents, making a difference in their days. – less
It was a good starter job
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 19, 2014
I enjoyed working alone. It gave me a lot of time to realize that I don't want to only be a phlebotomist for the rest of my life. I want something more challenging, like radiology.
Productive worplace
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2014
Good facility focused on good patient care and efficiency.
Productive and fun place to work
Health Education Intern (Current Employee), CAJuly 16, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is an innovative company that takes their taglines of "total health" and "thriving" to the next level. They greatly care about both their employees and patients alike and for that reason they are continually voted as one of the best places to work throughout the bay area.
Good Job Security!!
Head & Neck Surgery Department (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: raise every year
Cons: hard to move up in the organization even with a degree.
Kaiser is known for its great job secuirty and best place to work.
Advanced technologies offered for patient care.
Staff RN II (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 16, 2014
I love being able to provide the most advanced technological medical care.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos