Kaiser Permanente
2,296 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Excellent
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Customer Service
Cons: Short break.
Fun place to work with. Management with full support to staff,worked professionally and with excellent employee benefit.
I loved my Job, I like training and teaching
Lead Phlebotomist/Safety Officer (Former Employee), Clackamas, OregonMay 28, 2015
Pros: Loved the co-workers and patients.
Cons: Not really any Cons
I would look for things to do if I ever found myself without something to do. I'm not one to stand around chatting for long... I look for things to improve. Management was busy in meetings, not managing.
Productive but fun place to work
Permanente Employee (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Very pleasant place to work. Management is awesome and has a open door policy to speak to them at any time. opportunity is awesome. you will enjoy working for this company
Great placed to work. Severely Understaffed
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), MartinezCA Walnut Creek CaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits and
Cons: Understaffed.
The level of work increased with not enough qualified staff. Typical work date consisted of High volume of High and Medium ticket calls. Closed all tickets under the S.L.A. Ran entite facility by myself alot of times.
Great Company with Great Balance
Small Business Account Managment (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great Compnay
Cons: There are none.
A day at Kaiser Permanente is typically a Great one. This is one of the best companies to work for. They have everything in place to help you succeed and overall life balance. Their Employee benefits not just Healthcare or Life Insurance but wellness is really great.
Benefits
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 27, 2015
It can be an enjoyable place to work. Lots of diversity. Lots of learning and fun departmental functions for moral boosting.
Productive and creative place to work at and learn more everyday on the job.
Intern (Current Employee), Permanente, CAMay 27, 2015
Every day was a learning experience.
Superiors are extremely understanding and supportive.
Benefits are attractive.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2015
answering calls and questions from members

I have learned a great deal about the healthcare system

management is always willing to help and listen

co workers are fun

hardest part of job is dealing with the high call volume

most enjoyable part is the friends i have made
Overall enjoyed, just contracted and have to move on
(CEM) ANALYST (Current Employee), Greenwood VillageMay 26, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, good location, great pay
Cons: disorganization, lack of communication
Daily I would log into our email and ticketing system and dive in. I'd grab a ticket, diagnose the problem, troubleshoot, and then reach out to the member via phone or email. The hardest part of the job was that we had a team divided into two different states (Colorado and California) so there was a communication gap between the lower level employees and management. I enjoyed working with a team that soon became my family. I think that made the work day the most enjoyable it could be. My coworkers, like me, were efficient, thorough, and able to multitask while meeting quotas. I learned how to navigate many IT programs and about the healthcare world. I also love and need the pay rate this job has provided
Great benefits
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 26, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Kaiser has really good benefits. My co-workers were helpful and we all got along well. My position had a great work life balance
Quality Job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Employer Paid benefits
Cons: Challenging work schedule, long hours sitting talking to patients on the phone.
Kaiser Premanente is a quality company that gives it employees full employer paid benefits. Working at the Call Center for Primary Care is face paced and challenging with trying to help book and schedule appointment, take messages for providers, and provide general information. Your co-workers at the call center are great, and can be a great asset for getting through the day. Management at the call center is okay. The managers are friendly, and helpful when they choose to be, but now the call center is managed through regional management, and not local which can be frustrating. The hardest part of the job is trying to make ill patients happy even when you have nothing to offer, but a friendly voice and a message to their doctors office. Most rewarding part of the job is helping patients, and your co-workers.
A great place to work.
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMay 25, 2015
Began doing patient registration in the Emergency Room. The position gave you specific job duties but you had to be detailed and have time management skills in case you were called to assist somewhere else. The shift schedules changed regularly so flexibility was a must.
Good Organization overall focused on it's members
Business Intelligence (BI) Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 24, 2015
We are growing faster than our infrastructure was designed to. The company does a great job of trying to close the gap to ensure their members get the best care possible.
Very productive workplace with nice, helpful people
Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2015
As an intern, I was pleased with the amount of input I was able to contribute to the organization. Everyone was kind and willing to lend a hand. Everyone worked for the same purpose.
Fun and organized work place
Sterile Processing Technician Externship (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: learned a lot from everyone while still having fun
Cons: they had no openings
The staff at Kaiser Vallejo are very knowledgeable and helpful as a student I learned a lot and had a lot of hands on experience. Everyone was very friendly and willing to teach and help me when I needed help. The management is very nice and welcoming as well and take the time to thoroughly explain processes and answer questions.
Great working environment
PC Workstation Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
Great working environment with that has plenty of room for growth. Kaiser as itself is an awesome place to work for.They gave the opportunity to grow. Typical day is systematic and you now what you must do though out your work day.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Los AngelesMay 20, 2015
The people that I worked in this hospital were amazing, helpful, caring and very proud about their job. “ Wonderful place to work, best place I have worked ”
A very great atmosphere to be surrounded in. And a great place for advancement.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2015
I completed my Phlebotomy internship with Kaiser Permanente in Woodland Hills. People are very helpful and great people to work with. It is a place I see myself working for in the near future.
Excellent company with great benefits
Medical assistant (Current Employee), Fontana, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: due to union it is hard to move around/apply for transfers to other regions
As an Union based employeer Kaiser rewards our hard work with top dollar wages, annual cost of living raises, as well as longevity paid (.30 for 10 years and increase every five years by .10), Bilingual pay, 5 weeks of paid vacation after 11 years of service. 15 days a year sick leave, 5 personal/life balance days, 6 paid holidays and double time and a half if you work the holiday, company paid medical benefits with low co-payment, full pension and a 401K plan with match 1.25 % of annual income as a one time payment based on how well the medical center did for the previous year. Profit share Program which is an annual bonus (amount Varies) basd on how the performance of staff at a medical center meets customer based services goals. Annual Tuition reimbursement ($2000), as well as they pay for pre-requisite classes taken by the approved online school and offer 10% of tuition discount if your enroll at the same approved school for degree completion.
Working with patients from babies to geriatrics! Wonderful!
RN Staff Nurse II (Current Employee), Antioch, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Set days to work, free weekends and most holidays
Cons: I'm part-time and would like more hours
A typical day for me would be a lot of patients coming in for their blood pressure. That is a big part of what we do.

If they have elevated/high bp, we take care of it while the pt. is there, speaking to their dr. or the covering dr. They come back in 2 weeks to have it rechecked.

We also give immunizations, injections, IV hydration, breathing treatments, spirometry tests, throat cultures, suture and staple removal.

This year is 25 years at Kaiser! It's been wonderful! I enjoy interacting with patients, many of them I get to know since they come in frequently.

Hardest part is seeing very young people coming in for elevated BP and pre-diabetes.

I started my nursing career in the Neonatal ICU, I was a new grad. I was so scared! Very challenging but rewarding.

I still get to care for infants, working in Family Medicine.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries