Kaiser Permanente
1,934 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Great company to work for with great people.
Sr. Business Consultant/Contract Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: company culture and mission to provide the best service to our members.
Cons: no comment
Working at Kaiser Permanente, I experienced the greatest professional growth thus far. I bought into the KP culture, their motto to "Thrive" both personally and professionally.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT AND COWORKERS
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Livermore, CADecember 22, 2014
WORK ENVIRONMENT IS VERY PLEASANT
COWORKERS ARE VERY HELPFUL
WORK WITH MANAGEMENT OR ELSE...
Love the Healthcare Field
Healthcare Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Vallejo, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: available early outs whenever you wanted
Cons: couldn't work there long enough
Even though it was a call center, the advice nurses were always so pleasant and the work itself was so rewarding. Patients would call in and describe their symptoms and based off of scripts and protocols, either they would speak directly with an advice nurse or a message to their doctor would give them results. I loved every bit of working for Kaiser, – more... The biggest complaint was that I couldn't stay long enough because of having to relocate to Nevada and there is not a Kaiser here. – less
Hard working, collaborative group
Project Manager III (Current Employee), Redwood City, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: focus on staff well-being
Cons: regional initiatives don't always align with local facilities
Typical day at work involves bringing together different disciplines via meetings.

Creating a common focus by dentifying interdependencies between different disciplines to foster collaboration.
Growing Company
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits and opportunities for some
Cons: broken system in management
Kaiser is a growing company and have many opportunities in the healthcare field. Benefits are great however I think there is lack of growth and sustainability in some departments as well as a broken system.
very helpful
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDDecember 18, 2014
it was a very hard job but I miss it. it was long but it went by very fast because it was a very busy place to work at.. ive learn a lot of thing from Kaiser but I love my job. my coworker were very laid back and were a mess but I did my job.
KP Days
Project Manager II (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 18, 2014
I learned allot about IT within a health care organization here. Worked with some extremely gifted people. The EHR was benched marked through this organization and it great experience being part of it.
Excellent Medical Entity
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee), Fontana, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: union, raises (also cost of living), many locations
Cons: kp jobs are hard to come by. everyone wants in!
Working for KP was a great experience. I worked in one of the most phenomenal departments with some of the most amazing plastic surgeons. Management was fair, work is work- that's why its called work, if your job is done and attendance is good you shouldn't encounter any problems, therefore management and I had no issues. I learned to work in many of – more... the amazing specialty departments, and the best part KP trains you on the job in the specific department you work. This I have not encountered or heard of anywhere else. Fantastic company to work for! Plenty of room for growth and the experience you gain is priceless!!! – less
Problem solving
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles , caDecember 17, 2014
I enjoy work at Kaiser Permanente management assist with all your training needs.
Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Technician II (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: travel
Desktop Support Technician supporting Kaiser Pharmacy upgrading ePimms Pharmacy applications, the hardest part is traveling state to state. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
good company for an entry level position
Help desk (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDDecember 16, 2014
Very good place for an entry level job. I learned a lot, even though, the contract only lasted 2 months.
Tickets were given out at the beginning of the day in a very organized manner and IT support team was divided into sections in order to better assist end users.
Managers and IT team leaders were very helpful .
Laid back work cluture
Sr. IT Business Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 16, 2014
Good people, excellent team to work for! Excellent work / life balance
Great experience
staff CRNA (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: group setting, stay current
I like the challenge of technical cases, neuro, vascular, pediatrics, etc and the opportunity to use my regional skills (SAB, epidurals).
I also feel it is extremely important to stay affiliated with a major institution to stay current with anesthesia.
Great people and career
Receptionist Tech Assistant Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 15, 2014
Loved Kaiser. They have great policy's that everyone abides by. Great work environment and compensation.
Good
Test Lead (Former Employee), Oakland, CADecember 15, 2014
Good Management and Environment to Work With

Good Team Work
Typical Day
EMR - Pharmacy Deployment (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 13, 2014
Training end-users on pharmacy software in pharmacy setting. A lot of travel was involved. A very fast paced environment to work in.
Busy with many working parts
SCAL Regional Registrar, Logistics Support (Former Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 11, 2014
Wonderful people to work with
Management works hard
All enjoyable - traveling between sites
Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure) planning and delivering lifecycle management infrastructure projects including AIX Physical and Virtual serve
Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure) (Current Employee), Pasadena, CADecember 11, 2014
Work independently with application managers/directors, stakeholders and system level subject matter experts to drive the work of the project team for large or highly integrated projects and programs.

It is a good company to work for work life balance.
good place to learn
Intern (Former Employee), Harbor City, CADecember 10, 2014
everyone is nice and helpful. s much to do during the day there is never a boring moment. did not want to leave at end of internship
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corona CADecember 10, 2014
• Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills
• Confer with customers by telephone to provide information about products and services, to take or enter orders, submit to cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
• Check to ensure that appropriate – more... changes were made to resolve customers' problems
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
• Verified CPT codes to provide cost estimates for medical procedures
• Answered high call volume
• Assisted customers with concerns, issues, and questions while doing documentation – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos