Kaiser Permanente
1,995 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

very educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the pros were that getting to know more about kiaser
Cons: there were non
I enjoyed doing my Externship at Kiaser . I enjoyed working with and caring for the patients. The staff were wonderful and insightful. I was blessed to work in the Oncology Clinic. because it humble me and I was moved by the patients and there strength to cope and conquer Cancer.
Great Benefits and Overall Good People to Work With
Ob/Gyn (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 1hr lunches during 8hr work days, paid vacations, great medical and dental benifits and strong union
Cons: some managers in some departments are terrible
A typical day at work involves prepping patient rooms, procedural tools and computer in order to be prepared for the kinds of appointments you will encountering that day. The physician I work with and I have established excellent communication between us, therefore making the work day smooth and also we ensure excellent patient care when we have all that we need at hand. In the department I work in there are 4 managers and one director. The specific module I work in has established great teamwork and work ethic when it comes to each other's schedules and making sure no patient is uninformed or left behind. The management team tries their best in order to serve over 100 employees. It is a hard job and there are always compromises and sacrifices between management and the employees that have to happen in order to keep the clinic running well. Since I work in a huge department there are several personality types you run into and if you are not flexible and understanding of each other then it can make your job stressful. The only hard thing about my job is when we are short staffed, because are literally running up and down the department to serve the patients and all the clinicians. That can be stressful for everybody because there are not enough hands to satisfy everyone's needs and expectations in the most timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is establishing relationships with all my patients. There are many patients that I find very pleasant and being able to assist them with their appointments whether they are urgent or routine makes me feel good.
busy and fun work environment
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: you get to meet new people
Cons: you can have someone pass out on you
Kaiser was absolutely amazing! The staff was friendly and willing to show me the ropes of their day to day job routines. The Lab manager was very awesome and is really an asset to Kaiser.
Nice
Local Area Champion (Current Employee), Oakland, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Since 2011 I have worked as a Site Support Specialist supporting all Epic modules in the entire medical center.
Consulting assignment
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: close to home.
Cons: not consistant with length of assignments.
Consulting assignment.
It takes a looooonnnnngggg time to get on board with this company, even as a consultant and even if you have worked other assignments within the company.
I took almost 2 months to get on board and the assignment was cut short.
Productive and great learning experienc
Summer Youth Employment Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experimenting with new tools, learning about health care fields
Cons: sick people all around
A typical day at work would be coming in at 8 in the morning and beginning by doing anything I had left from the day before to finish. I was assigned to the medical surgery, critical care unit and telecommunications departments. I would do filing, or some audits to begin my day, ending it with doing check-up rounds with the nurses with my manager. My co-workers were amazing and very kind they were there to help and inform me on new things. The hardest part of my job was just seeing all the sick people. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning something new about the healthcare field.
Pre-Op and ER
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pre-op consisted of patients coming for surgery, and attending the family's with and questions or concerns. Also making copies of paperwork, running earns, answering phone calls.The RN's would be helpful if I needed help locating something, also enjoyed running earns or making calls for them. The hardest part of m job was that as a volunteer we don't have all answers for the patients family, we don't now when the patient is coming out of surgery, and all we can do is call you when the patient is out and able to see family members.
For ER the selves had to be restock, the lunch room organized, if we had a homeless ask for clothes we would need to get there name or ID # and put it on record to give them clothing. I would work with the RN's mostly helping if they needed a room cleaned out for the next patient.
I would have stayed forever.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and hours.
Cons: didn't work there long enough.
Kaiser was a great company to work for, the part of it that I did. They were extremely friendly and helpful, trained me very well and I was compensated better than I was expecting. Management was always available and willing to help out.
Great overall organization
Director (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 22, 2015
Kaiser serves its members and employees very well. All staff care a great deal about providing the best service possible at all times. They are dedicated and committed.
Great Benifits
Cashier Receptionist (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Great benifits for employees. My co workers were very friendly to work with. I really enjoyed working directly with patients. I have learned how to multi task extremely well while working for this company. They do encourage each employee to THRIVE.
Kaiser used to be a great place to work but no longer
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: union benefits
Cons: inexperienced management
I was an LPN there at Kaiser and I was very happy with my job. Unfortunately, with the new healthcare changes, Kaiser has become an unpleasant place to work. Their RN's are over paid for the little amount of work that they do and the LPN's are over worked being over burdened with the majority of the tasks to be done on a daily basis.
Exciting workplace with great people and benefits
Behavioral Health Intake Scheduler (Current Employee), Fairfax VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I love my job, but am moving. If I were not moving I would stay with this company until I retire. This company has amazing benefits and the people I work with are the best in the business.
High quality, fast paced environment
Clerical Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay and excellent benefits. the company strives to provide the best healthcare possible.
Cons: high volume of work.
The most enjoyable part of a typical day is the variety of tasks I performed. There was a lot of computer work, but also a lot of interaction with staff members and patients.
The hardest part of the job was managing the high volume of work.
The other employees, especially management, want to work there and like their jobs.
Great company
Quality Assurance Analyst/Claims Processor (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bidding outside the dept
I had an opportunity to process claims. I also evaluated employees on their knowledge of claims and benefits. The management staff has been great in a time of continuing change. With so many management changes over the years, it can be difficult for members, staff, and providers to gain trust. This has been difficult for the company as well as it's employees. The culture through this adversity has been challenging, but also enjoyable.
Busy and fast pased medical office building
Reception Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: no confidence in our supervisors/seniors/upper management
Cons: schedule would be emailed 3 days in advance
Worked various shifts. Trained in several departments such as Urgent Care, Radiology, Laboratory, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Urology, Pulmonary & OBGYN. Very busy and fast paced, I loved my job and loved helping the members.
(Contractor) Onboarding Spec/ Client Svcs Rep (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 18, 2015
Kaiser is a great place to work even for a temp because you learn just as much as their full time employees
Productive workplace
HEALTH INFORMATION CORRESPONDENCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Burke, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits, 1hr lunch breaks, great management
A typical day at work was fast paced. Management was attentive and always willing to hear suggestions for better work flow.
Kaiser permanente is my family.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: research for result improvement evidence based practices.
Cons: backbiting
Kaiser Permanente took me in when I knew nothing and have nurtured me into loving nursing anyhow. I love what I do and I do not envy any other profession. I shall continue to improve until I achieve 'PERFECTION' There are good days and bad days at work. It could be hard to find help, co-workers may be having a rough day too and will appear differently from whom you know them to be. My philosophy is treat my patients and colleagues as if they are the visible Christ. Bear no grudges and forgive 'ASAP'. "Do not let the sun go down against your anger. I believe in my management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we still do potlucks and eat together. Hardest part of the job is when the nurse is the only 'FAMILY' a dying patient has.
I adore you all nurses!!!!
Self Directed
Account Administrative Representative (Current Employee), 3840 Murphy Canyon Rd, San Diego 92123January 18, 2015
Great work environment and leadership team, multiple task to complete throughout the day. Must be driven and focused to complete work in timely manner.
Big corporation, with very good benefits and salary plans.
ERP QA Engineer/Consultant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits, locations, salary, very understandable and positive company strategic goals.
Cons: as all big corporations kp has politics games.
Company concern about employee health and probably with best on the market a health benefits.
Kaiser Permanente is very flexible with the day schedule.
KPIT is positive with the mobile worker program.
Kaiser invested in an employee training and professional growing.
The office continually working to improve the working conditions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos