Kaiser Permanente

2.5K reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Conducsive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fulton, MDJuly 28, 2015
Pros: TM cook out and meetings
Cons: Tips on healty eating and exercising
My typical work day with Kaiser Permanente begins with punctuality; signing into the system; following up with call backs and reviewing new alerts. Kaiser Permanente updates their system on a regular basis and customer service representative are required to keep up with these new updates so that assisting members( regular and senior), employers group, third party et al are provided with the correct information. Both management and co-workers strive on a daily basis to provide a conducsive and friendly work environment for all. The challenging part of the job is staying alert and focus; and the enjoyable part is meeting colleagues during breaks to share your day's experience.
Very good benefits
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee), Hyattsville, MDJuly 28, 2015
It is a very nice place to work, they really appreciate what you do for the company and for the people they serve, the social commitment is very important for the company
Hospital with HMO-Centered Philosophy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 28, 2015
Kaiser Permanente was a pioneer for the concept of the HMO. Their clients were well treated and health care staff were always top notch. For Kaiser, I collected blood specimens from patients, updated their charts, and routinely stocked staff usage areas.
NA
Contractor - Junior Technical Sourcer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 27, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance was great
Compensation/Benefits met my expectations
Job Security/Advancement was great
Management was amazing
great place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 27, 2015
my position was eliminated, but i would go back to wrk again, i sold health care and insurance to the federal government. kaiser is the leading HMO in the country
I enjoyed my time at Kaiser
Group Billing Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working for Kaiser Permanente. The people were very knowledgeable and friendly. The company is large enough for personal growth.
Very enjoyable place to work. The members,doctors and co-workers are all easy to get along with. The place is a little city
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Sacramento,CaJuly 26, 2015
-I learned great communication skills

-The management/engineering team in place is great to work with

-coworkers make the day breeze by
Productive Day
Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2015
The way the staff guided me in learning was very well respected. They were very open to the fact that I loved to learn and the will that I showed on a continuous basis as an intern. Awesome and well experienced staff with great management.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2015
Kaiser is a wonderful place to work. The pay alone makes it an amazing job. The benefits package is one of the best i have seen. There isnt a whole lot of room for growth.
productive and comprehensive work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 24, 2015
Awesome place to work and expand your knowledge. Everyone is very supportive and genuinely wants to see you succeed. For the work load its mostly a fast pace job with some pressure at times nothing to stressful just enough to keep you busy.
fun work place
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 24, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: none
I was only a intern there for 3 months, but i had a great experience learning. The manager was great mentor. everyone who worked there was fun to work with, and also they all have helped me so much over the short time i was there. I had a great time while i was there.
Dependable place to work
Clinical Psychologist (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2015
Good place to work with great colleagues and responsible management. Great benefits and low turnover. Good retirement and ability to manage own schedule.
Nice environment, no chance of advancement
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2015
The managers know NOTHING. This company will put more work on you with PROMISE of more pay and advancement...enjoy the wait. I do not recommend for pregnant women, they do not care if an employee is pregnant and needs constant bathroom breaks. Crabs in a barrel, make no friends!
Pharmacy tech, sechedule coordinator
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee), rosevill and folsom caJuly 22, 2015
Schedule Coordinator
• Effectively managed Call Center high volume of incoming and outgoing calls on multiple phone lines while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
• Patient Medical card and Copay intake, in addition to registration for various procedures
• Scheduled the appointments for MRI, CT and Ultrasound departments

Positron Emission Tomography & Computed Tomography (PET/CT) Scan Coordinator
• Verified referrals and treatment plans for patients
• Corresponded with Stanford Medical Hospital for the transfer of patients test results and release of HIPPA information forms
• Coordinated transportation for patients to and from Skilled Nursing Facilities
• Prepared patients in great detail and help clarify information for all appointments and tests for multiple departments
• Proficient in the electronic patient file systems utilized by Health care providers to include Epic/Health Connect, DOS and E-Consult referral system
• Registered patients for Mammograms, X-rays, and Ultrasounds

Pharmacy Technician
• Managed presentation and merchandising of Over the Counter(OTC) department
• Effectively managed high volume of incoming and outgoing calls on multiple phone lines while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
• Maintained top sales for 2 years and successfully increased sales volume by 50%
• Managed and ordered inventory behind and in front of the counter
• Typed and filled prescriptions
• Processed Medi-Cal Insurance Claims
• Experience in the development and interpretation of Pharmacy policy and procedures
• First-rate analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
I Loved My Job!!
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: They lack empathy
This was a wonderful job. I liked my co-workers, helping people on a daily basis and achieving personally set goals.
It was a very fulfilling job. I enjoyed working with a large and diverse range of people, who shared their culture and experiences.
Nice building and coworkers
Pharmacy volunteer (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: no advancement
While working there , I was a volunteer. I was mainly allowed to put away the central fills and the over the counter items. It helped me to learn my brand and generics better and see how a pharmacy really works.
Great Place to Work
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 21, 2015
Workday's are generally very busy. Kaiser is member driven. Staff are professional and friendly. Kaiser has a great learning environment. Working with a smart and eager team is enjoyable.
Productive stable job with strong benefits
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
The company is a very good place to work and offers stable employment. Having worked there for fourteen years, there is a strong variety in roles and opportunity for advancement. Also, the health care benefits are great, as you would expect. The company seems guarded on salaries of positions, but I assume the lack of transparency is common.
I was productive ad ensured-day-to day task were met in a confidential manner.
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Team work between medical records clerk and nursed stations was great.
Cons: No cons, everyone worked together as a team
Took pride in my daily work, knowing that all medical charts were up-to-date and information was properly entered into medical charts and filed accordingly and assembled contents of medical records for discharged patients.
work place
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Orange CountyJuly 21, 2015
Work environment is great, co-workers are helpful and there are plenty of resources available. I have worked in primary care, pediatrics and occupational health. Management provides a great deal of help and maintained a labor management team.
Headquarters