Kaiser Permanente

2.5K reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Looking for advancement
Sr. Business Analyst/UAT Tester (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and working remotely
Cons: management started to become unorganized
Kaiser Permanente UAT test team is a good department to work in. Always busy and keep you on your toes. In my time there I have learned the ins and outs of testing including the end user and business aspects of implementation of EPIC's Tapestry system for claims processing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel and the colleagues I was traveling with. There was a lot of variety in the different types of people i worked with which i enjoyed. Every day there was something new that could be learned which made it exciting and challenging.
stable work
Admin Services Coordinator II (Current Employee), Martinez, CAAugust 26, 2015
Great pay, great benefits, great place to work. They reimburse for education and promote from within. Movement in the company is expected and wanted.
Medical Provider
File clerk, receptionist, records clerk (Former Employee), Riverside CAAugust 26, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a HMO insurer and medical provider. I was union with them and had some hard times working split shifts, but I landed in a department that gave me full time and good pay
upbeat,friendly,fast-paced,a family
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Camp Springs, MDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: opportunity to advance
Great place to work,great pay,a company that cares about its' employees and members. I enjoyed my time there, and learned a great deal.
Kaiser Permanente***
Sr. Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 24, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a very good company to work for. I would be happy to take on another challenge for them. The people are nice to work with.
Fast paced environment with a variety of challenges
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Parker, COAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Assuming multiple locations that require alot of travel.
Kaiser has been very good to me over the years. Days vary as far as workload, but have taken on and learned a multiple of new tasks. My co-workers are fantastic and an asset to the company. The hardest part of the job right now is doing more with less, as times have become more challenging. I think the best part of the job knowing you're going what you can to make things better or easier on the member.
productive an fun place to work at
Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not able to move up in the career
the best company to work for, great benefits (vacation, pto, life balance, health/dental benefits, etc.). job security, union. good management, easy to communicate with.
Great Place to work
Business Process Consultant, AALM (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility, work/life balance
Cons: commute
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. I have worked for Kaiser for over 23 year. In my auditor days, I have learned several aspects of Kaiser from patient care to contruction of future Kaiser sites. Kaiser has many opportunities in various job roles from accounting to coding to patient care to desk work. Kaiser is a family friendly organization and is very flexible and has family/work balance. In some positions at KP, there are options to telecomuute. More days a week depending on the department you work in.
Poor Management
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Working for the greater good of a patient/family.
Cons: Nepotism, Company does not promote within their organization, Managers are always doing favors for other Managers and hiring family and/or friends.
If you are family or a friend of a Manager you'll get hired. If you are an internal employee trying to advance or move around within the company very hard to do. Looking for work/life balance hard to achieve it. The best part of your job is working with members. The satisfaction of helping another person is rewarding. Teammates pull together.
Kaiser's Thriving Environment
Compensation Specialist (Current Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Nice office, excellent benefits, good extra curricular activities
Cons: Short breaks, less pay (by comparison), not much room for upward growth
My time at Kaiser Permanente's Broker Compensation department has given me a small glimpse into a very ambitious company. The spirit of the company is to try to thrive, not only in business, but in our personal lives. It's a very encouraging, supportive environment.
Great workplace, nice people
Undergrad Intern (Former Employee), San LeandroAugust 20, 2015
Great workplace, everyone is so friendly and excited to help new graduates like myself. I enjoyed every second working for Kaiser, I hope to work them in the near future!
Best palce to work
Allergy Department - LVN (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2015
Kasier has a vision and makes sure all of its staff knows it as well. Everything is patient driven. Goals include safety, prevention and indivudualized care. All of the staff is caring and knowlegeable.
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work
Senior Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Slow to change
I enjoy working at Kaiser Permanente, I like working for a non-profit organization that is working to change the face of healthcare in the United States. The integrated delivery model is an innovation that can act as a model for the overall health plan for the country.
Diverse Place to Work
Physician HR Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2015
Fun and diverse environment where you can learn a lot and experience a variety of other nationalities and personalties. There is flexibility in the schedules which allows for work life balance.
Productive and friendly work place
Sr.UI developer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 19, 2015
Daily Stand up's, We use to work on User stories (specific task) Created by Product Owners

Weekly User Story and Show case Meetings.

Co-workers Are Friendly and Co-operative.
Great place, great
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Contract employee working remote
Great company, excellent comp, some very knowledgeable people working for the company. Huge company with all of the issues that come with being so large.
Productive and caring work place
Clinical Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Pinole, CAAugust 19, 2015
Roomed patients; administered vitals; delivered and picked up lab specimens to and from depts.; assisted with patient charting; ensured exam rooms were clean and stocked with medical supplies; light medical administrative duties.
Good Place to Start
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
Kaiser is a great place to start your career they move to thrive in the healthcare field and are always having project to change and improve the company.
Quality of Care
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee), Reseda, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
Amazing, outstanding.
KP makes sure employees are well trained and know how to treat patients.
I would love to go back to such a great company.
Great training Easy going staff
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: long lunches, breaks as often as business allowed
Cons: none
Only did my internship here for 2 weeks, but learned so much and everyone was very helpful in my education. Learned about several different techniqures for infants to the elderly.
Headquarters