Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,509 reviews matching the search
Kaiser gave me the opportunity to contribute, learn and develop myself and grow.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAMay 28, 2016
Busy environment.
Everyday challenges of investigating and problem solving, constantly engaging with various departments within the company.

One of the best place to work for.

Have an excellent team, supporting each other to provide excellent patient care.

Turn around time.

Deliver requests with successful customer satisfaction.
Pros
Profit sharing, Free lunches, T-Shirts, calendars etc.
Excellent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 28, 2016
Fantastic pay, fantastic benefits, union job = great job security and staffing ratios.
I worked with CNMs there and decided to go back to school to become a CNM.
Pros
Awesome place
Cons
No cons
Amazing
Account Administrative Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2016
Working with this employer was amazing! The management team was extremely helpful and provided great feedback and coaching.
Great Company-Bad Management
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2016
I worked for this company for over 10 years in the Sacramento Call Center. When I got sick I was let go. The work culture in the Call Center was abysmal and the management was unsympathetic to life needs. I started there to "get my foot in the door" and found that it was impossible to transfer out of the call center once I was there. There was no room for advancement. The job is highly stressful and the management made that stress worse. I loved being a Kaiser Employee but would never work in the call center again. I would love a chance to work in a different department however because the benefits and pay were excellent
Customer Care SErvice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2016
When dealing with clients or customers, providing the best service is key.
When I used to work as a receptionist at Kaiser Permanente, I had to check in, attend to and/or help an average of 80-200 clients. I worked in a fast-paced, busy environment, but I loved doing it because it has always been my nature to help or assist people. I was also privileged to work with professional and good-natured co-workers. Working with them made my job easier. Sometimes there are challenging clients, but thankfully, I was able to handle them patiently and calmly.
Pros
great co-workers, freebies
Cons
short breaks
Great Benefits
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 26, 2016
Benefits are great, nice work/life balance, but at times it is hard to advance. It's more of who you know rather than what you know so make sure to make friends.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Overall great
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
Great pay, fun environment, managers can micro manage at times. Depending on your manager, they can be very flexible with time off, temporary schedule adjustments
kaiser was great to work for
certified medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 26, 2016
great work place learned skills, great pay and benefits will have life long skills due to kaiser would have loved to stay with them but healthspan bought them and they have since closed doors
Great company to work for
Health Plan Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2016
A typical work day for involves meeting with members and discussing there benefits and plans. There are times when we have members who may have concerns that they need addressed, so I may process a grievance or complaint on their behalf.

I really enjoy working in the medical office building as it gives me and opportunity to develop relationships with the doctors and other staff members. I particularly enjoy working with my co-workers because we have a cohesive team where we are able to rely on each other get our jobs done.
great company to grow with
Specialty 1 Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
Kaiser is a great place to learn and grow to develop life long networking skills to be successful in the healthcare field
Pros
healthcare coverage benefits discounted
Cons
seniority perks are not fair
Working diligently to exceed expectations
Administrative Services Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 25, 2016
I worked as file clerk and made my way up within nine years. I am a very dedicated employee, with strong work ethic and morals. I helped supervise over 50 employees, working with customer service, medical records, and management. I learned that with hard work and dedication, giving 100% of your efforts, I was able to exceed my own expectations and able to better enable my company.
Great place to work, patient focused and very much into prevention
TPMG Nurse Manager, Pain Management (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2016
Admired how much prevention and good health was at the forefront of every employee and that the patient was at the center of all care.
Productive place to work
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 25, 2016
Great place to work. Stressful at times but everyone is will to help.
There's room for growth and tons to learn.
Management is great and employees are friendly and always ready to help.
Kp
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 25, 2016
Great, positive place to work. Focused on healthy, preventive medicine. A lot of opportunities. People caring about people.
tough workplace
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2016
not a lot of team players and people striving for the best care of the patient.Did not clean beds after patients use. Understaffed and expected to do a workload of double the amount of employees they have
Great work culture
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 24, 2016
I have learned to manage multiple things with client groups. It is great place work with team and played a onshore co-coordinator role.
Productive Workplace and Workflow
Jr. Front End/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 24, 2016
-typical day 4-5 hours of HTML, CSS and Javacript coding along with feature tweaks and additional components
-i learned the professionalism involved in a software company being fast paced and accurate
-very healthy relation with managers and co workers except for a few but i dont really care because its almost impossible for everyone to be the same kind.
-hardest part would be fixing something that broke or write code for new stories.
-most enjoyable was to interact with the modern front end tools like nodejs and its front end aspects along with test runners and package managers.
Intership Awesome
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
A little bite of everything from Cataract , to Hernias , tonsils Clean and sterilized different surgery everyday I leaned things from different doctors and specialty
Pros
In early
Cons
Intership
Excellent safe place to work and care for the members.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 23, 2016
I am proud to work for this company. A typical day at my company is fast pace, stressful, team work is what makes it possible to complete with all the assignments and task, from gathering patient data, to do wound care or injections and much more from doctor's orders and under the policies and procedures of the company. I enjoy patient familiarity and it is rewarding to see when they leave satisfied of the care. The hardest part of the job is when patient walk in without appoitment and they need to be seen the same day.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, respecful and friendly work enviorment.
Cons
my job is stresful and fast pace.
great company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2016
A typical day working at oe of the Kaiser Permanente medical offices began at 8:30 in the morning. I worked as a receptionist t tye front desk. On a average day I would check in over 150 patients. I answered the phones and helped customers with any questions they might have. I enjoyed working for Kaiser very much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2