Kaiser Permanente
2,152 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Quite Place
Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: It was a job
Cons: to big
The HR center in Alameda was very different than the Oakland office. It was more employees. Sometimes the floor would be dirty.
Great benefits
RN (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 27, 2015
Top heavy in administration, not enough workers. Work life balance is good for union represented employee's, not so much for salaried workers. Otherwise a decent place to work.
Radiology
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), LargoMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Salary/hourly rate
Cons: Managment
Not at all impressed with the culture/work environment in the Radiology department.
Inadequate staffing
Area too small to accommodate scheduled patients
Add-ons daily
No nursing leadership
I expect more from a company who claims to be #1 in so many areas as it relates to healthcare.
great place to work for educational advancement
RN II (Former Employee), Tucker, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough staff for required tasks
can be overwhelming at times but a fun place to work. encourages staff to take advantage of educational advantages available but does not provide employment opportunities once staff has completed their studies.
Excellent pay and benefits- hard to balance work/life
Hospital Director (Current Employee), Northern CaliforniaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: long hours, can be very stressful
At a manager or above level one must be diligent to protect the work life balance. The culture is to be always on, always available and responsive.
Great medical, dental and optical benefits, great pay.
Kaiser Permanente
Critical Care Pharmacist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 26, 2015
Daily rounds in AM with multi-disciplinary team. Great and challenging hospital to work at. Learn about other practices, including dietary, respiratory, social work. Difficulty in keeping up on progress of 20 pts / day. But very rewarding when pt transfers out of the unit.
Kaiser Permanente was and is great company
IT Manager and IT Staff (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare benefits and good home/work balance
Cons: Going through organizational restructuring and, unfortunately, job eliminations
Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for but to what degree depends on which region you work. Kaiser in California is a dominate player in the healthcare and very profitable which translate that you'll have more opportunities for advancement and pay increases. For the other Kaiser regions, the healthcare terrain is very different, competition is fierce and not as profitable as CA. You'll still get great healthcare benefits but the pay increases over the past few years met cost of living increases.

Overall Kaiser is one of the top tier of companies you'll want to join if you want stability and have good work/home balance.
I do enjoy clinical research. It's completely different from anything I've ever done before.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I interact with the patients. I have an excellent relationship with the patients in my studies. I learn something every day about the EMC system we work with.
Busy, coordinated, customer services
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lamc- sunset kaiserMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Customer satisfaction
Cons: on -call you receive no health benefits
Schedules members appointments, Assistant with member concerns. providing customer care. Co workers are ok. The hardest part is I've been on a call status for 2 years and being on-call comes with no health benefits.
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 24, 2015
Kaiser as employee and patient is an outstanding place to be. They have the best benefits and as worker you have all the tools you need to provide the best medical care.
Great learning experience hard work
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Antioch, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: hardworking, friendly enviornment, team work
Cons: leaving
Great work environment, fast paced, everyone put in 100%+, leaving a place where I loved working was the hardest, I love being a pharmacy technician and being a part of a team.
Kaiser is a great place to practice nursing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Panorama City, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Competitive salary, bonus, great benefits.
Cons: Staffing issues due to the growing number of customers
Within the framework of the Kaiser Permanante Hospitals, guidelines are established in order to maximized the care that we provide to the population that have chosen Kaiser as their healthcare provider. Not only does Kaiser ensure that their customers are provided the best care possible, they also implement the safety, satisfaction and growth of the amazing people that work here.
• Acquire appropriate insurance and pre-certification as needed
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Kensington, MDMarch 24, 2015
• Acquire appropriate insurance and pre-certification as needed
• Address patient needs and needs and assist Physician offices when needed
• Adhere to HIPPA and HITECH Compliance requirements
• Answers phones, schedule patient appointments, and assist callers as necessary
• Assist Physicians office’s when needed; company Liaison between departments and Physicians
• Assist Technologist, PRM, and other internal/external customers as needed
• Call Ordering physician if patient arrives without referral forms to help with the process
• Collect appropriate insurance information and enter patient demographics into the billing system
• Complete make copies as necessary
• Confirm patients prior to their test
• Create medical charts
• Inform and explain in detail the test prep and scan procedure to patients
• Fax or E-mail the daily schedule to the appropriate people
• Greet patients as they arrive and escort them to appropriate areas, including restrooms and scan table as needed
• Inform patient patients of cost for scans to include co-pay and self-pay amounts
• Maintain records on daily facility worksheets and prepare monthly census
• Order monthly office supplies
• Perform a variety of customer service functions to answer patient, and visitor inquiries
• Pull or obtain all corresponding diagnostic images (CT, MRI, previous PET) and reports prior to patients scan
• Remind patients to bring any outside films with them
• Schedule patients using the designated PET scheduling form
• Take accurate insurance information and arrange for referrals or insurance verification and pre-certifications as needed
• Maintain patient questionnaire, patient log and pertinent paperwork (site dependent)
• Make copies of necessary paperwork, site specifics
• Perform general office duties i.e., daily faxes, scanning, copying, mail, and email etc.
• Register and obtain all information from incoming patients according to site protocol
Very professional, clean and a great environment to work in.
Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fantastic place to work. Very good pay.
Cons: Having to work every other weekend
I loved working at Kaiser Permanente. It was the job of a lifetime. The things I learned I will carry forever. The Management was usually very fair. Of course with all huge organizations things can sometimes be very unfair but out of your control. I did see that happen many times with many co-workers.
Over all I loved working there and was very sorry I had to leave. I loved my job. I loved working with people and caring for them in the hardest of times.
I was so blessed to have learned so much from them.
Productive Place to Work
Solution Architect/Technical Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 23, 2015
The work-life balance is good. Got to learn new technologies and a very fun place to grow. Team work is good. We follow both SDLC and Agile methodologies.
Volunteer
Radiology Department while assisting customers (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMarch 23, 2015
Great place to excel and learn with the most greatest employees as well as outstanding work ethics. Would definitely recommend.
A professional clean & worthy work environment
Data Control Safety/Schedule Clerk (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: always some work to do & it made the work days go by faster
Cons: sad to leave and relocate due to the cool employees & the job
I enjoyed working for this hospital very much and if I where to go back to California I would work here again. In relocating from this hospital to move and work in Texas has been a plus for me.
productive and innovative
LVN (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2015
the best work place I could ever ask for. I love working for Kaiser. I enjoyed working here. lets be healthy and thrive and live happy.
Usability Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 20, 2015
Kaiser is vast, but I would say department in Oakland downtown was well managed.

Some typical Kaiser things related to the business offices:
Things move very slowly which is frustrating.
Many people have families and leave promptly at 5pm.
Our technology is often out of date
Our offices are a little shabby
The people are mission driven, down to earth and smart
People stay at their jobs for ever - 15 or more years is typical
It's hard to advance in some cases because of this
It is a good place to work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), KPGAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good pay and good place to work.
Cons: bieng laid off and not having a job to provide for my family.
Typical day at work is very busy. You have to learn to multi-task at all times. Co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is having only two hands to assist more than one employee at a time. The travel time was bad due to severe traffic. Would prefer to work from home. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with multicultural individuals and also in getting my work done without micro management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos