Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Diverse Place to Work
Physician HR Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 20, 2015
Fun and diverse environment where you can learn a lot and experience a variety of other nationalities and personalties. There is flexibility in the schedules which allows for work life balance.
Productive and friendly work place
Sr.UI developer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 19, 2015
Daily Stand up's, We use to work on User stories (specific task) Created by Product Owners

Weekly User Story and Show case Meetings.

Co-workers Are Friendly and Co-operative.
Great place, great
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Contract employee working remote
Great company, excellent comp, some very knowledgeable people working for the company. Huge company with all of the issues that come with being so large.
Productive and caring work place
Clinical Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Pinole, CAAugust 19, 2015
Roomed patients; administered vitals; delivered and picked up lab specimens to and from depts.; assisted with patient charting; ensured exam rooms were clean and stocked with medical supplies; light medical administrative duties.
Good Place to Start
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2015
Kaiser is a great place to start your career they move to thrive in the healthcare field and are always having project to change and improve the company.
Quality of Care
Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee), Reseda, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
Amazing, outstanding.
KP makes sure employees are well trained and know how to treat patients.
I would love to go back to such a great company.
Great training Easy going staff
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2015
Pros: long lunches, breaks as often as business allowed
Cons: none
Only did my internship here for 2 weeks, but learned so much and everyone was very helpful in my education. Learned about several different techniqures for infants to the elderly.
Kaiser Permanente Review
Admin Svc Director Patient Care Services (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 18, 2015
My day begins at 4AM when I join the Night Shift Supervisor and Staffing Coordinator to discuss staffing and census needs for the upcoming shift. Once I arrive at the hospital, our huddle comes together. It includes the Service Directors, Nurse Managers, and Bed Control Supervisor. We review the OR schedule, ED activity, and confirm census and staffing for the day. Later in the AM, the entire hospital leadership team gathers for a daily safety briefing. Each department reports on any workplace injuries and/or safety issues. Assignments to resolve any outstanding issues are made at this time with the expectation that there will be a follow-up by 2PM each day. Census and staffing are reviewed again before the noon hour in anticipation of needs for the afternoon shift. At noon, nurse managers participate in a demand capacity conference call to ensure that discharges are not being delayed. The Service Directors gather again, at 4:30PM to huddle about bed placement needs for ED and PACU patients. At 7:00PM, the Staffing Coordinator reviews staffing needs for the night shift.

What I learned from this organization is the incredible amount of focus on accountability. This is important if the organization will be successful.

There has been a great deal of turnover in management since I arrived 9 months ago. I believe some of this is due to the cultural transformation that is occurring and some due to the incredible surge in volume this facility had not anticipated due to health care reform.

I have a very dedicated and seasoned team of co-workers in the Staffing Office and Staffing – more... Operations. They are always willing to teach and support the Service Directors.

The hardest part of the job for me is having the responsibility but not the authority in many of the staffing decisions that are made. I am responsible for incremental overtime, third weekend, overtime, and consecutive days as part of the staffing and scheduling process. At this time, all final staffing plans are approved 2 hours before the start of each shift by our CNO. We are also participating in some aggressive RN recruitment events and have been successful in filling many of our vacancies as a result of our growth surge.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that employees treat each other like extended family. Just recently, I encountered a last-minute vacancy for the house supervisor on the night shift. I was unsuccessful in filling it, so it was my responsibility to work this shift. It also happened to be my wedding anniversary. When I came in that night to work, a vase of flowers and an anniversary card were sitting on my desk. I was genuinely touched by the staff's thoughtfulness. – less
Love working here. fun and exciting
Patient Care Assistant/ Transporter (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2015
i love working with my co workers, they're just energetic and fun to work with to where it doesn't even feel like work. I will love to come back to this organization. i resigned my job because i had to move out of state. otherwise i'd still be there.
Very Possitive Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), CoronaAugust 17, 2015
Very positive, life changing employer. Kaiser takes good care of their employees with benefits and time off. Management is always there when needed.
Director
Director, Strategic and Business Planning (Current Employee), Washington DCAugust 17, 2015
Good place to work, respectful of employees. Old school and traditional workplace, slow and steady career path.

Invests in new technologies and ample staff training opportunities.
Great organizational culture
HR Graduate Student Intern (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2015
The company strives to achieve "Simply the best" culture and implement well-structured strategies for retention and development.
Advanced Company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 15, 2015
Clinics were constantly busy.
Coworkers worked well together as a team to complete all job duties and decrease patient wait time.
Worked closely with pharmacists to enter, process and dispense medications.
Great place to work/train
Resident Physician - Chief Resident (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 13, 2015
Kaiser has been an excellent system in which to receive top-notch training in foot and ankle surgery. Very diverse populations with lots of trauma and reconstructive surgery.
Great pay, great benefits, ridiculous amount of meetings
Manager (Former Employee), East Bay Area, CAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: No one really seems to know what they're doing
Worked in an exempt capacity for almost 3 years. There was zero training, hardly any direct supervisor support. Too many time wasting meetings and no decisions reached the majority of the time. A lot of corporate buzx words and phrases tossed around to cover the fact that nothing of value and productivity is being done. They don't value their employees. Pay and benefits were good.
hostile work environment has been allowed, not worth the benefit package
Full-time Interventional Mammography Technologist (Current Employee), LaFayette, COAugust 12, 2015
Although the benefits are great, interventional mammography is a hostile work environment. I have gone to the union and HR with no resolution. Time to move on.
Great environment
Intern (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAAugust 12, 2015
Working here is great because of the people and environment is so welcoming. The employees are genuine and truly care about the patients and the care we provide.
There is no work/life balance for non exempt employees, only labor partners. The culture they promote is not the culture they practice.
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2015
HR at Kaiser is by far the most unprofessional individuals ever came across. I was promoted from one service area, to another, and in comparing both of the cultures, it is night and day. Management there can improve vastly.
Temporary assignment
COMPLIANCE MEDICAL AUDITOR (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2015
Nice hospital, open for opportunity. They trained and showed us the properly use of the equipment in coding. my managers and co-workers are very supportive
Productive environment, strong management support
Lead/ Inpatient Case Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Great Place to work, positive work environment, provides room for growth. Team player atmosphere, strong support, work friendly environment
Headquarters