Kaiser Permanente
1,668 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Great people, great benefits
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 18, 2014
Very challenging and energetic to work for. I learned so much from this position and am grateful for the opportunities
Great place to work.
MRI Technologist (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 16, 2014
Great learning environment while I was there. Great professional staff. Busy out patient setting.
Call Center
Advice Nurse, Call Center (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great healthcare plan
Cons: sometimes not so easy to get promoted.
I assess and triage a variety of calls from our members regarding a multitude of ailments. I work pretty independently from my co-workers but we all work together to ensure a good outcome for our members. I enjoy talking with people and helping them with the advice I have available to give, but find it difficult in some circumstances when a member has – more... several ailments and trying to assist as best I can.

Looking to move into Case Management position if possible to help with my growing career. – less
IMG Program Manager
IMG Program Manager - Disaster Recovery (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 16, 2014
Great company to work for!............................................................................
Stressful
Home Care Clerk III (Former Employee), West Covina, CAAugust 15, 2014
Your just busy busy. I enjoyed working for Kaiser. Good benefits. Co-works were ok. Hardest was keeping up with policies when management would educated you on them on timely manner.
Senior Health Plan Executives have Zero Interpersonal Skills
Director Health Plan operations (Former Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: good pay and work life balance
Cons: fear and retribution awaits all who work there
Physician executives are competent and respectful. Health Plan Executives are incompetent, self absorbed, power hungry and narcissist beyond reason.
Many good people and just a few not so good
End User Services Lead (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: politics
Fast paced, high pressure for results. Made the day go well. So many good people and as in any large org, a few not so great people. Overall I would highly recommend Kaiser for anyone that likes the fast past corporate hustle.
Kaiser Permanente
Health Insurance Specialist Representative (Current Employee), Fulton, MDAugust 14, 2014
I do not have anything to say about my current company. I believe it is a great company to work for, very challenging. You get to help people on a dialy bases. Very active.
challenging
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), las Vegas, NvAugust 14, 2014
the cold calls were always hard but could persuaded people to pay at times.
Licensed Vocational Nurse Women's Health (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 14, 2014
A Blessing to work here, a diverse culture, I wish they hired new grads, especially internal employees
Volunteer
Front Desk Volunteer (Former Employee), San Bruno, CaliforniaAugust 14, 2014
Front desk receptionist - occasionally deliver wheelchairs, gifts to patient rooms, etc.
Wonderful place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: i love working with kaiser. great environment, great people, great benefits and great pay. over all kaiser is the best medical field company to work for.
I love working with Kaiser. Great environment, great people, great benefits and great pay. Over all Kaiser is the best medical field company to work for.
Good place to work very comfortable environment
Consultant Contract (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 13, 2014
Internal audit of financials, budget, actuals, Sox compliance application for expenses pertaining to Doctors and Administrative pcard usage. Journal entry adjustments made monthly.
Good place to work, people are helpful and informative
Health Care and Managed Care Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great organization, cutting edge as it relates to healthcare coordination
Cons: reactive to the market instead of proactive
Kaiser's mission is to provide high quality health care to improve the health and wellness of the members we serve. This is what Kaiser practice everyday.
Endoscopy Assistant
Endoscopy Assistant, Gastroenterology Department (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 13, 2014
Assist PA with procedures, clean endoscopes and recovery room . Take vitals and history of patient
fun place to work
Internal Medicine Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
i love my coworkers very supportive and team player. very busy and hectic. and was always short staff
Great Medical experience
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: healthcare and pay
A typical day at work involved notifying new patient requests of expected wait times for surgery, scheduling current waiting patients, rescheduling cancelled patients, changing doctor schedules, coordinating operating rooms and locating additional operating room time for urgent cases, and arranging order of cases from first to last. I learned professionalism, – more... patience, empathy, and most important patient care and customer service. I greatly enjoyed majority of my coworkers and maintain close friendships with them as we have grown together throughout our years with Kaiser. As a surgery coordinator the hardest part of the job was having to inform a cancer patient that we did not have the available operating time to schedule their surgery and would contact them at a later time with a surgery date. That was extremely difficult, but the satisfaction of coordinating the surgery and notifying the patient and family and their gratitude is unparalleled. – less
The culture has change where some opinions are valued
Internal Support (Former Employee), MarylandAugust 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers like a family
Cons: the culture has change where, managers no longer are able to trust their staff to maintain there position
My typical was filled with enjoyment in the customer service area
I have learned to that if you were in the click opportunities were available
Management can be really good or really bad, but the culture has change once Kaiser decided to impose the California method of doing thins
The best things about Kaiser is my co-workers.....
The hardest part of – more... my job is understanding the deception of the manager and how best to preformed under those conditions
The most enjoyable about my job was knowing that I made a difference in the work life of my co-works, and the people I supported everyday. – less
productive place
Designer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2014
good people and good place to work.
Assisted in creative/conceptual ideas, designed layout and ads, brochures, flyers and marketing collateral for multiple clients, designed presentations and finished art and pre-press of files
A workplace with good interaction with team mates and others
Informatica Developer (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: balance between work life and professional life maintained
Cons: less salary as per the experience
My day to day responsibilities include :
70% development
20% production support
10% onsite offshore co-ordination
12 people in the team . 7 onsite , 5 offshore
Hardest part of the job is co-ordinating with offshore.
Most enjoyable part is creating challenging mappings, sessions, workflows in Informatica .

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos