Kaiser Permanente
2,389 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Productive and at times intense, I enjoyed working there.
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Everyday was a learning opportunity
I worked in the message center as a license vocational nurse. I would sort and respond to telephone messages, emails, lab order/results, referrals, prescription refills requests from patients to physicians or physician to patient. Occasionally, I would float to
Internal Med/Family Med/Pediatric Departments take vital signs, give immunizations, review medication lists, set up for physical exams, vision & hearing screenings, and Spanish/English interpretation.

My co-workers were of diverse cultures and work experiences. I enjoyed working and learning from them. Management was easy to talk to and receptive to ideas.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the problem solving aspect. Patients depended on me for an answer or an explanation about symptoms, lab results, treatments, medications, processing a referral, or simply having a physician complete and sign paperwork for a patient.

The hardest part of my job was searching for paperwork that occasionally was lost in transit from reception desk to physician's desk.
Too strict to have a life
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJune 24, 2015
Although the benefits were good, management wasn't. The company was good, but again the managers weren/t. The attendance policies are too strict to have a life outside of Kaiser.
Reliable, fun place to work
Financial Consultant - Claims Operations (Current Employee), MarylandJune 24, 2015
Management is great. I enjoy work life balance, being able to be promoted. Personal growth and development as well working with a diversified colleagues.
Excellent company to work for!
staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexable schedules
Cons: hour lunch breaks and off on weekends
Productive and fun workplace with lots of great people to work with! Lot's of support from all of the kaiser team members.
Credentials Administrator (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJune 24, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. They provide excellent benefits and there is good scope for advancement. I enjoyed working here.
I liked the ability to move to and from different departments to get a better understanding of overall healthcare administration.
Health Plan/Patient Advocate/Health Educator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2015
I worked 10 years at Kaiser Permanente and had various job titles. I enjoyed being part of the work place safety team, employee wellness program, development of health education materials, educating patients on wellness topics, and assisting as a patient advocate. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very sick and unhappy patients, so I looked forward to hearing the positive feedback when it came.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: beneits, fair salary, good balance of work
Cons: none
I always loved Kaiser and only left because my son was killed in a car accident while I worked there. Otherwise, I would have retired there.
Ready for change
Sr. Business Systems Analyst Lead (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 23, 2015
It's definitely a differently environment to work in. I've learned greated things at the company but I defeintely also ready for change
Dream JOB
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Pay, Flexible schedule, benefited at 20 hours
Cons: Territorial employees
Excellent company with great benefits and pay. Room to grow. Schedule can be very flexible when you are on-call. Very busy environment and they take good care of their employees.
Hostile Working Environment & Horrible Management Staff
HR Analyst (Former Employee), Alameda, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great HR Experience
Cons: Management staff
I have worked a some good places and a few bad. This by far was the worst. The management treats the temp employees really bad and plays them against each other. The only place I ever worked where a 90% rating was failing. No human factor here. I was told by a temp agency no one wants to work here. Its true!!
a wonderful place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge (Former Employee), HaywardJune 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: hectic practice
Management was very supportive with expanding scope of practice and enhancing staff cohesiveness. Staff worked well as a team.
Great physician/staff communication.
externship
medical assistant student (Former Employee), Tustin, CAJune 21, 2015
I did my externship at Kaiser and it was a great experience. The staff was very helpful.
I did four weeks at kaiser, 2 weeks with family practice and 2 weeks with pediatrics.
kaiser coding training department
Data Quality Trainer - HCC coding& documentation (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: compensation
Physicians under pressure to report diagnosis for their medicare patients. Compliance concerns cannot be overlooked. Compensation was not sufficient.
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager, Operations Support (Current Employee), Aurora, COJune 20, 2015
Pros: Culture, benefits, opportunity
Cons: Work/life balance
This organization provides, in my view, unlimited opportunity to learn and grow, a great corporate culture and a very attractive compensation and benefits package.
Temporary
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2015
Daily Medical reports, front desk clerk,file room clerk. Process copies, mail and deliveries.Work in different offices and departments.
Very productive and great energy workplace
HR Clerk (Current Employee), Alameda, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Big break rooms with lots of vending machines.
I have the best team. We all work as a team and get things done. My supervisor is very easy going, but gets things done at the same time.
no respect for union
Phlebotomist/ Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: bossy co workers
management not familiar with contract. New managers dont know anything and arent use to union environment. co-worksers which are new dont get good training.
Short and Sweet
Service Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short training, sup not helpful
My time there was very short. Even though I really wanted a future there, they didn't give you enough time to grow. If you didn't understand your position in 90 days....you are out the door! Keep in mind there is SOOOOMUCCCCH INFORMATION!!! AND TRAINING IS ONLY TWO WEEKS!! Also, be careful of the supervisor because they barley know the material. Once hired on full time the benefits are great.
Getting the job done
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 17, 2015
Busy day a work! What I learn their was a department meeting about the wait time for patient in the waiting area.No manager on site. There was teamwork from the co-workers.The hard part was trying to go to lunch.The enjoyable part was the patient were happy to go home from a long day.
Productive and fun work place
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 17, 2015
Monday
Good Work
Cooperative and good management will provide the every thing for employers
Good colleagues
No hardest part
Work

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries