Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 4,112 reviews matching the search
Exciting workplace with great people
Total Compensation Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Being an intern at SCPMG was a great and meaningful experience. I would highly recommend Health Care Administration majors to apply and be a part of the organization.
Work place
Roseville Riverside Member Services (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA 95678February 14, 2017
Great benefits, many job opportunities to advance. Wonderful work environment and co-workers.

Ability to move around to different departments and find your passion about working.
Great Company, Great Benefits
HR Representative/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 14, 2017
Great Company, Great Benefits. A good company that allows it's employees to move to other positions that interest them and has a great program to take classes on line for free.
OK place
LPN-Pediatrics and OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Nice people at times to work with. Plenty of work to keep you busy but managers don't care about employee's health especially if serious. Attendance is A HUGE thing even when you do come into work after an appointment or switch shifts. It all counts against you.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No empathy
the employees were nice, managemnet was horrible.
Account Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2017
working for kaiser was great, I just really did not like the management. They made it hard for me to take time off when my mother passed away. I was not pleased with that at all.
Great team with diverse talents.
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 12, 2017
The elearning development team has full-time employees and contractors with diverse talents and solid methodologies for developing elearning. Target audiences may be as large as 100,000. The team is highly experienced in instructional design, graphic design, videography, and audio engineering. Some on the team specialize in mastering new elearning methodologies and technologies like mobile delivery. Instructional designers are expected to manage client relationships and bring successful projects to completion.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Part Time Flex SHIMA (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 12, 2017
Enjoyed the amazing way the employees are warm and inviting. The benefits were amazing and everyone was friendly. The customers made the day go by with different stories.
Pros
Lunch with my co-worker and the benefits
Cons
Not able to help when it is needed
Productive and energetic place to work.
Staff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Kaiser is a great place to work. I would recommend to any one of my friends. Working at Kaiser has grown my understanding about the Health Care needs of so many people. Working with the social needs team has taught me how to engage more with the members that are in need more so than others. I am learning a lot.
Pros
A lot of off site learning activities
Cons
There has been nothing but a lot of positive growth working at Kaiser Permanente
Excellence is Excellence
Health Information Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Best company to work for and be a part of hands down . Everything from the location to the culture of the employees . I couldn't be happier
Fast paced, great management teams!
Medicare Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2017
Busy, fast paced. Downfall it's only seasonal with no benefits. I learned to micro manage my time. I love talking to KP customers and learning about medicare. Management is great but it's very corporate and that's what makes the job difficult, were human not robots!
Pros
Call quality you can win really great prizes.
Cons
you get 11 points a year before you get fired. This includes being late from break or lunch.
A great place to work out and great co workers
New Member Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2017
I was a temp and everyone treats you as an actual employee. I learned a lot. Management is very professional. Helping patients is very rewarding. The culture is all about customer service.
Pros
pay
Cons
no free lunches
productive and dependable
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  604 Cadillac avenue , la caFebruary 10, 2017
kaiser permanente is one of the leading health care in the country , i am fortunate to be one of their employee . I have been working for kaiser for the past 11 years . i decided to get another part - time job because i have to much in my hand , I felt that I could be helping an individual that needed my experience . am a very dependable employee with excellent attendance also trying to get a job close to my residence .
great benefits working for this company
Claims Accounting Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2017
I have been able to be on the front line for the implementation of Epic Tapestry AP for claims processing from the inception in 2013, have been able to help with training and as a Subject Matter Expert for Hawaii, NorthWest, Mid Atlantic now Colorado regions.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
hard to advance within the company
Dysfunctional work environment, may have been that particular facility.
Mental Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Where do I begin... worked at the Hayward, CA Kaiser Permanente as a mental health clinician... The place was like working in the institution in the movie/book One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. The master's level clinicians provided most of the direct services yet the psychiatrists received most of the pay and perks, including not having to participate in weekend on-call duties and being able to earn shares of Kaiser stock. Very strong caste system. The director of this department was kind of like an absentee landlord, so employees were fighting amongst themselves to hire family members, friends and to receive other types of informal perks. A lot of bullying and negative politics. Though it's such a big organization I would guess that if you have a competent supervisor they can shield their department from some of the negatives. But overall, a crazy place to work.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Pls see below
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Working in Home Care and Hospice, everyday is a learning experience. With the many different patients and staff, I'm able to learn their different styles.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Slow days
hated it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 9, 2017
pay and benefits were great. management is terrible. goals they set are unattainable and create unneeded stress. patients are treated like numbers and not people.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
unrealistic expectations. terrible management
Excellent pay and benefits
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
Great pay and free health insurance. Opportunities to move around within the company. Union is great and co workers are wonderful. Management is over worked,
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
stressful work and always adding more to the work load.
cool company
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Kaiser is a cool company to work for, they pay well . Kaiser has over 30 medical offices around Georgia ... One stop shp for care, labs xrays
Pros
good pay
N/a
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 9, 2017
Kaiser Is a Really good company to work for. Really good compensation,benefits,and room to grow Its definitely the type of place you retire from.
growing company
Telephone Advice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Growing company with lots of changes, ongoing. Lots of different job areas and the ability to work from home.
Good job security.
Some cons are micro managers, daily changes to work flows. Can be hard to keep up with
Pros
Work at home, hour lunch, good benefits
Cons
Micromanagers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2