Kaiser Permanente
1,713 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Management expects a lot from employees, but the work is gratifying.
Materials Coordinator - Facilities (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 8, 2014
As a material coordinator, duties include taking inventory, ordering , receiving and delivering medical supplies. Large union presence. Management expects a lot from employees, but the work is gratifying.
Very rewarding
Client Service Account Manager/Licensed (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: went out of business
Marketing and sales, Account Management, Wellness, Working with Group clients to manage their Kaiser health Insurance
Fantastic Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits/insurance and dental plans for employees
This is a fantastic and stable company to work for. There are so many different areas and states to choose from. Job advancement is attainable if you're motivated and willing to learn.
Fantastic Company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits/insurance and dental plans for employees
travel assignment
/Travel Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: union, nursing staff not welcoming
Didn't care much for the whole managed care model Kaiser uses. As a travel Nurse I was always made to feel like I was an outsider.
good place
IT SOLUTION ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 6, 2014
Flexible and nice friendly atmosphere

I enjoyed working here
Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2014
My externship experience was amazing, the staff was great. The hardest part of the job was losing patients. I was in the Oncology department.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients, the hardest part was knowing it was temporary.
Rewarding and Challenging experience
Security Director (Former Employee), Stockton, CaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: working with members and staff
Cons: commute
working in Central Valley was a learning experience and I was able to use my previous training and experience to enhance my career. Kaiser is proactive with their employees to increase knowledge and provide a positive work environment.
HIgh pressure job as an administrator in an extremelly buy urban Emergency Department
Registered Nurse in Emergency Department (Former Employee), San Diego CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Managed HR issues
Customer Service
Interacted with physician group
Developed policies and procedures
Insured department met regulatory requirements
Bad Management
Receptionist and customer service (Former Employee), Lafayette, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad management
Kaiser used to be a great place to work. They cared about the patients and employees. Now its all the about the money and all they do is keep the bad employees who do care about anything but there paycheck! Way to many managers who have no idea what is going on in their departments. I feel sorry for the longtime patients who are now unable to get the – more... care they were once used to. – less
I have an excellent job in that I am able to interact with our customers and educate them on their health benefits etc.
Transition Case Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: wonderful job, director is wonderful and offers much autonomy to the job
Cons: non
I resolve any issues or concerns our patients may have with the hospital, benefits, physicians etc.
I ensure that they have all necessary equipment and ensure that all arrangements made by the in-patient Case Manager is carried out in the home by communicating with our vendors for Home Health, durable Medical equipment, follow-up appointments etc.
A good place to work,
Lead Dietetic Technician Registered (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: as part of the benefits we did get free meals, good health insurance
Offered good pay, health insurance and a varied work day.
I started my day by screening all patients that were admitted in the last 24 hours for nutritional status by reviewing their chart on computer. I would then visit patients as a follow up, for any other questions I might have about nutritional status and food preferences, food intolerances or – more... allergies. I would also educate patients that were on any food/drug interactions and teen breastfeeding mothers. While I was the units, I would check food pantries for sanitation and documentation for temperature checks. I would then correct any high risk theraputic menus for correct choices. – less
Best work environment
Psychotherapist (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: many
Stimulating and rewarding workplace
Supportive
Many educational and growth opportunities
Productive and stable company to work for.
Project Manager / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 3, 2014
I enjoy my work and the company a great deal. Productive and stable company to work for. Various growth opps.
productive, steady, proficient work enviroment
Phlebotomy Internship (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDSeptember 3, 2014
I learned a lot working there during my internship. A typical work day included greeting patients for venipuncture and other various lab procedures as well as performing them. Also entering and retrieving patient information and requisitions.
Good place to work for retirees, family people or people who want to take it easy.
Software Developer (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits. very flexible scheduling.
Cons: company moves slowly. toxic people don't get fired.
The typical workweek is very relaxed. Besides the occasional crunch, you don't really experience much stress. The people that work there are on average very pleasant. And the scheduling is flexible. They give you so many days off it's ridiculous. New employees can like nearly 21 days off in their first year. The benefits are great.

There are, however, – more... problems with how the company operates--like molasses. Everything is slow to change. They are always behind on the times. Even firing is slow. There are some really toxic people that I can't understand how they still have a place at the company. Lastly, I think that there is a lack of accountability. If something goes wrong, people are quick to blame each other. This only slows things down even further. – less
Active staff and supportive
Psychotherapist (Current Employee), Burke, VASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: n/a
Worked for Kaiser Permanente for 18 months now and very supportive staff.
Good benefits. no room for growth.
Administrative Assistant for Discharge Planner (Former Employee), irvine, caSeptember 2, 2014
I really enjoyed the great benefits but the chance of moving up within the company seemed impossible as there were employees there that had seniority that was far greater than anyone who had just started.
fun, secure, team work environment with room to grow
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), Corona, CASeptember 2, 2014
work daily with patients in family medicine taking vitals, rooming patients, setting up and assisting with minor procedures, doing urine cultures, urine pregnancy tests, EKG, ear lavage, wound dressings, ect.
I work with fun, energetic, team focused bunch of people my management team included. I enjoy getting to know my patients on a more personal and – more... one on one basis. The hardest part is losing a patient that I have grown close to over the years. – less
Great Experience and very humbling
Intern (Former Employee), Tustin, CASeptember 2, 2014
Working at Kaiser you get to experience working with an amazing staff who care about the clients they are working with. On a typical day I was usually making bereavement calls and doing paperwork for the different patients coming in and out. It was a productive day and by working through bereavement you gain a lot of compassion for those you are trying – more... to help. However, there are times when you hear stories about patients that can be difficult to hear. Fortunately, due to having a great boss I was able to overcome those not so enjoyable moments and find the positive. Overall working at Kaiser was a great experience. – less

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos