Kaiser Permanente
2,098 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Hard to explain
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: management violates the contracts daily
17 yrs I gave this company.
The people are diverse and great.
Lots of shifts sideways into different jobs, no advancements though.
DO NOT volunteer for UBT coleads or project leads, no extra pay and you can have very negative outcomes from it.
Management are very poor on whole at all levels
Region Wide Security Camera Upgrade Project
project engineer, manager (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 23, 2015
As a General Contractor, I am responsible for risk management, budget watch and project scope execution.

The technical aspects include -

WAN/LAN connectivity and system integration
Network testing over DHCP and commissioning of security cameras
Great place to work.
Audit Project Manager (Former Employee), Various locationsFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: employees are very professional
Large Non Profit Healthcare company. Excellent employees and leaders. Always will to provide assistance and guidance.
extern
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAFebruary 23, 2015
great company to extern through. learned a lot about working for a large medical group. Great team and great team work from doctors to MAs.
Best Job Ever!!!
System Analyst Pharmacy Informatics (Former Employee), Downey, CaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: equal
Cons: equal
I wish I was still working there. Best job ever!! Top of the ladder opportunity. Great all around in every aspect. Every day was new and exciting with different challenges and possibilities throughout the day. Such a wide diversity made work place environment fun and more than exciting it was the best job ever. simply put!
KP is one of the "Best Places to Work"
Senior Accountant - Oakland Regional Offices (Current Employee), Oakland, CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: extensive training & cafeteria available
Cons: parking available but expensive.
Kaiser Permanente is one of the "Best Places to Work" and also builds skills and knowledge.
The management and co-workers are professional and have good attitudes towards assisting members.
Mediocrity extraordinaire
multiple direct & indirect patient care (Former Employee), HawaiiFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: have to use as health care provider, cookie-cutter medicine, you will not thrive
Run. Get away while you can. Employment with Kaiser in any form will be life & career altering in a negative way. They are about the $$. Don't be fooled by commercials & quality award claims. They "study to the test". Real quality measures that are not measured for rewards are put to the side. It is not about thriving there for consumers or staff. Life is too short to get stuck in what has become this nightmare of an HMO. Run. Kaiser was a great employer & health care provider before 2000. They lost their way chasing artificial rewards & medicare $$.
Telephonic case management and crises intervention
LCSW Behavior Health Coordinator (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Worked at Agency for 9 years and enjoyed the work. Everyday at work was different. 3 years I traveled to various hospitals evaluating members to determine if they met the criteria for a psychiatric hold.
The remaining years I worked with the Behavior Health Care Help Line providing telephonic crises intervention to members throughout Southern California and Bakersfield.
Great organization to work for with great leadership
Senior Management Assistant-Emergency Services (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great leadership and staff
Cons: non-exempt status but work exempt hours
I assist the Director of Emergency, 2 Nursing Managers and Chief Physician on a daily basis. Help to manage their calendars and meetings. I have worked in the clinic setting most of my career and recently moved into the Hospital atmosphere for a broader experience of the health administration industry.
Provided prescriptions orders to patient
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Entered prescription information via the PIMS system via customers doctors or nurses. Accurate conversion and calculations of given prescriptions for orders as well as filtered patient inquiries appropriately.
Great company, Very organized with great people and benefits.
Customer Service Assoc (Current Employee), Aurora COFebruary 20, 2015
Worked with large accounts to assure product correct, Track shipment on orders, invoices and payment agreements met.
very political environment
Recruitment Coordinator/Assistant-Human Resources (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: no room for growth
would love to see what we preach......equal opportunity employer!! I love my job, and enjoy working with most of my new hires, but would love to be able to acquire more knowledge, more responsibility, & essentially have professional growth within the company.
Solid pay and benefits, but management is constantly stressing about profit, budget, and cuts no matter how much money the company is making
Apprentice Engineer (Current Employee), OaklandFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: pay, health benefits.
Cons: no "cool" factor. boring place to work.
Steady job, but it is Union so that is the only reason. They go through upper management like it's going out of style. Always talking about "healthy living" but don't really do much to prove it. No decent gyms on site, poor employee discounts at off site gyms, and rewards are always pizza, donuts, or cookies.
Great experience!
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I did my internship here and the staff was pleasant and patients were always happy knowing they received the best care from our department.
family work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), MarylandFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch, and family work evironment
Cons: commuting
I love working for KP. it was the first job I had after military. The work environment was busy, friendly and a family like environment. KP family influence the job and patients. Everyone worked together to fulfill the mission and provide the best care for each patient.
Productive, and fun
Sr.Telephony Analyst/Project Management (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the best healthcare package.
A typical day is having a to do list, supporting clients, you learn is that every aspect of your job impact patient care, therefore, stay present all the time, technology is a step ahead of your game so keep on catching up. Kaiser management provides learning tools to keep you on track. Its like a big family working to prevent the cancers.
Thrive or Die!
Executive Assistant-Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful enviroment
Management is terrible and clueless. It's hard to advance and the pay was ok. Kaiser is known for this type of behavior. Co-workers were backstabbers, and the environment is very stressful since you're dealing with whinny management all the time.
Great Company
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 19, 2015
Great company to work for. I was only a contract administrator for 6 months but i enjoyed the flexible schedule and the people I have met!
Family oriented workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Wailuku, HIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: lunches, someone is always bringing us things to enjoy in the office
Cons: n/a
We were closed just like a family. Always look out for each other. We always acknowledge each other with a hello and good bye at the start and end of day. Everyone is always willing to help you if you need the help.
Internship Experience
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I have been an intern at Kaiser Permanente since April 2014. I am glad to have had the experience to be an intern while I am still enrolled in college. My main role is to support 30+ people on the California Sales team. I have traveled up and down the coast to support various team members and have gotten to work in multiple workplace environments with different members of the team.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos