Kaiser Permanente
2,301 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great working environment
PC Workstation Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
Great working environment with that has plenty of room for growth. Kaiser as itself is an awesome place to work for.They gave the opportunity to grow. Typical day is systematic and you now what you must do though out your work day.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Los AngelesMay 20, 2015
The people that I worked in this hospital were amazing, helpful, caring and very proud about their job. “ Wonderful place to work, best place I have worked ”
A very great atmosphere to be surrounded in. And a great place for advancement.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMay 19, 2015
I completed my Phlebotomy internship with Kaiser Permanente in Woodland Hills. People are very helpful and great people to work with. It is a place I see myself working for in the near future.
Excellent company with great benefits
Medical assistant (Current Employee), Fontana, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: due to union it is hard to move around/apply for transfers to other regions
As an Union based employeer Kaiser rewards our hard work with top dollar wages, annual cost of living raises, as well as longevity paid (.30 for 10 years and increase every five years by .10), Bilingual pay, 5 weeks of paid vacation after 11 years of service. 15 days a year sick leave, 5 personal/life balance days, 6 paid holidays and double time and a half if you work the holiday, company paid medical benefits with low co-payment, full pension and a 401K plan with match 1.25 % of annual income as a one time payment based on how well the medical center did for the previous year. Profit share Program which is an annual bonus (amount Varies) basd on how the performance of staff at a medical center meets customer based services goals. Annual Tuition reimbursement ($2000), as well as they pay for pre-requisite classes taken by the approved online school and offer 10% of tuition discount if your enroll at the same approved school for degree completion.
Working with patients from babies to geriatrics! Wonderful!
RN Staff Nurse II (Current Employee), Antioch, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Set days to work, free weekends and most holidays
Cons: I'm part-time and would like more hours
A typical day for me would be a lot of patients coming in for their blood pressure. That is a big part of what we do.

If they have elevated/high bp, we take care of it while the pt. is there, speaking to their dr. or the covering dr. They come back in 2 weeks to have it rechecked.

We also give immunizations, injections, IV hydration, breathing treatments, spirometry tests, throat cultures, suture and staple removal.

This year is 25 years at Kaiser! It's been wonderful! I enjoy interacting with patients, many of them I get to know since they come in frequently.

Hardest part is seeing very young people coming in for elevated BP and pre-diabetes.

I started my nursing career in the Neonatal ICU, I was a new grad. I was so scared! Very challenging but rewarding.

I still get to care for infants, working in Family Medicine.
Laid back productivity
Group Account Representative (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Lack of Micro Management, wonderful relationship with co workers
Cons: Long distance commute
Daily I analyze reports for 850 groups. Handling all issues with their premium for healthcare coverage. Reconciling groups for terminations and enrollments. Handling incoming group calls and emails. Billing 2Million dollars monthly, and responsible for the allocation of the money on each account. The hardest part about the job is meeting the Matrix numbers at the end of the month when they are not depending upon me, but they depend on if the groups have paid their money. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the lack of Micro management. You are allowed to work at you own paced as long as the goals are met by the end of the month.
retired employee
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: doctors and co workers
Cons: none
I worked for Kaiser Permanente for 40 years. Best benefits and Doctors. Never thought of working any place else..was 22 when I started and retired at 62 with full benefits
Fast paced environment, friendly people, focus on health
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly people, team environments within the departments
The department had a close connection and most worked as a team.
The departments didn't communicate much with each other at the employee level, just at the management level. Not sure if that was good or bad.

I worked in two very different environments at Kaiser. The business offices in Oakland were very removed from the hospitals and medical offices. They were like two separate companies.
Very professional with great coworkers
Summer Youth Intern, Nursing Administration (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAMay 18, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a wonderful place to work. Everyone who workers there are very kind and helpful. I really enjoyed working there and would definitely work there again.
Nothing to promise
Patient Care Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and employee programs
Cons: Always worked breaks and overtime without compensation, Horrible office politics, Always performed tasks outside of job description, with no compensation or recognition
Always worked breaks and overtime without compensation. Horrible office politics. Always performed tasks outside of job description, with no compensation or recognition.
Work with patients, nurses, and other hospital staff
Volunteer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, able to ask anyone for tasks to keep yourself busy
Cons: Lots of down time
A typical day at work would be to do rounds on every floor of the hospital by keeping patients company and providing them with any necessities. I would also assist nurses by retrieving supplies from the central supply department or sterile processing department. Nurses and ward clerks would also allow me to familiarize myself with their type of working environments by letting me answer patient calls, refill and prepare hospital supplies, as well as wheelchair discharged patients to the lobby. I was also given the opportunity to help people at the front desk. From this job, I learned how to get out of my comfort zone and be more vocal as a person because I was able to provide service and meet new patients/people. I learned about what it's like to work in a hospital setting and how to handle different situations, i.e. difficult patients, what to do when the charge nurse is unavailable.

For a brief period of time I was able to volunteer in the central supply department where I had the opportunity to audit supplies in every department of the hospital. I learned how to prepare crash carts, supply boxes, audit inventory and familiarize myself with hospital equipment. From this job, I learned how to work well with others as well as familiarize myself with their jobs when they needed assistance.

For the most part, I really liked volunteering for Kaiser because I was able to do a lot of work and become familiar with tasks that the staff normally do on a daily basis. I liked working with fellow volunteers because it helped pass time and make the job more enjoyable especially when we were to make rounds and talk with patients. The staff was also helpful and insightful whenever I and other volunteers needed them.
very good place to work at.
Storeroom Clerk (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: benifits are still one of the best around.
Cons: the management
Kaiser as itself is an awesome place to work for. They gave the opportunity to grow. Typical day is systematic and you now what you must do though out your work day. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get to do other assignment other than the one you where schedule to do. to change it up. the hardest part of the job is coming off the holiday, and you must do with what you have in inventory. As fare as management, Kaiser falls short ! I am sad to say that the management of this wonderful organization is less than what it was some 20 years ago.
Positive environment, patient need #1, Good team work for common goals
Manager Oncology department (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good security, well paid, effective union
Cons: Many changes, nothing stayed the same for to long.
Good company to work for. My biggest mistake was to resign from Kaiser to move to Oregon. The heat in Lancaster, CA had got the best of me and my wife. But we had no idea that instead of blue sky's that we were used to, we got 9-10 months of rain per year and overcast mostly every day. Also the vitamin D deficiency did not help the depression I experienced in Oregon.
Kaiser have a very efficient system in treating patients with all the latest protocols (used at UCLA) in the oncology department. I did my own bone marrow aspirations and biopsies and my own blood slides for diagnosing different illnesses.
Busy work schedule
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hectic schedule
Busy work schedule. I became a better Tech since I have started here. Excellent benefits. Difficult to move within the company.
Great to work with best surgeons
Bariatric Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Surgeons
Cons: Horrible Department Administer in surgery clinic
Great opportunity to work with eager / skilled / Knowledgeable surgeons. All our department surgeons are extremely supportive with excellent patient care.
Poor Management with very unprofessional department manager.
Great place, great people
Surgical Technologist, Ambulatory Surgical Center (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 15, 2015
Atmosphere was collaborative, friendly, and supportive. Location and facilities were ideal for most commuters. Incumbent staff was great at being patient and teaching new members.
productive
Front End /Web / UI Developer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 15, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Busy Place of employment
Pharmacy Tech.2 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2015
Very busy company. Nice pay and benefits
Enjoyed the being a part of this company.
Loved the customers the where like family.
Excellent place to work - I'm tired of the daily commute.
ADMIMISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 3 NOVA Director's (Current Employee), Tyson's Corner, McLean, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Live Well Be Well Thrive - every member is special
Cons: There ae no Con's to working at Kaiser Permanente
Excellent place to work ! Every employee is treated as an individual and diversity is a large part of every day.

I do not mind traveling but the commute to Tyson's everyday is very difficult .
great place to work
Nutrition Partner (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: on-calls dont have an opportunity to receive benefits
Company is fun to work for, management is good, but applies favoritism to those having seniority. I enjoy the company of co-workers, I also enjoy helping patients since my field is in the helping profession.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries