Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,613 reviews matching the search
Excellent safe place to work and care for the members.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 23, 2016
I am proud to work for this company. A typical day at my company is fast pace, stressful, team work is what makes it possible to complete with all the assignments and task, from gathering patient data, to do wound care or injections and much more from doctor's orders and under the policies and procedures of the company. I enjoy patient familiarity and it is rewarding to see when they leave satisfied of the care. The hardest part of the job is when patient walk in without appoitment and they need to be seen the same day.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, respecful and friendly work enviorment.
Cons
my job is stresful and fast pace.
Productive Workplace and Workflow
Jr. Front End/UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 24, 2016
-typical day 4-5 hours of HTML, CSS and Javacript coding along with feature tweaks and additional components
-i learned the professionalism involved in a software company being fast paced and accurate
-very healthy relation with managers and co workers except for a few but i dont really care because its almost impossible for everyone to be the same kind.
-hardest part would be fixing something that broke or write code for new stories.
-most enjoyable was to interact with the modern front end tools like nodejs and its front end aspects along with test runners and package managers.
Working diligently to exceed expectations
Administrative Services Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 25, 2016
I worked as file clerk and made my way up within nine years. I am a very dedicated employee, with strong work ethic and morals. I helped supervise over 50 employees, working with customer service, medical records, and management. I learned that with hard work and dedication, giving 100% of your efforts, I was able to exceed my own expectations and able to better enable my company.
Revenue Cycle Supervisor
Revenue Cycle Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2016
The management process is overloaded and it takes for ever for someone to make a decision. The delays often eliminate available options for the members benefit. There are multiple opportunities to learn information that is relevant to your job, however the work load makes it difficult to take advantage of the educational tools.
Pros
Numerous learning opportunities
Cons
Delayed management responses, lack of union knowledge
Productive and fast paced at times
Mgr, Government/Community Relations (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 17, 2016
The work I do, is always evolving and allows me to work with many partners in Kaiser Permanente. I enjoy the my day given, that I cover issues from Hawaii to Mid Atlantic and every issue can be different depending who is asking.

I enjoy my job, but hate the commute. Clearly much of the job I do is legislative work and have to review countless legislative bills. I enjoy strategy work and and partnering with experts on the topics.
Lead Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 16, 2016
I learned a lot at KP. The culture is very different from anything experienced in the past. It being a non-profit, the structure is a bit different and can be difficult to navigate but overall, a great place to work.

My role was developing and delivering training throughout the different U.S. regions so the workload was bi-polar - either crazy busy or finding things to do. No real middle ground. I always found gratification in the end-users having a good experience and feeling comfortable with the software content upon go-live.
Pros
Worked from home-self motivated
Cons
All the travel was difficult but fun, tooo.
It is a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2016
-Has good benefits including healthcare, dental and continuing education, vacation, sick time and a current pension plan.
-I have learned to work with culturally diverse populations of people.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is doing a job well done and making a difference in a patient's or family members lives.
-The most difficult part of my job is dealing with death and dying of patients I have become close to.
Pros
This organization is a mega sized integrated HMO health care system, that provides quality care, and has computerized charting and is growing nationally.
Cons
The organization has grown so fast making the organization feel less personal
Productive workplace, they care about their employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97232July 13, 2016
Very good company to work for. A lot to learn and exceed to a higher position. Not every day was the same and that is what I liked, I learn different computer software and programs. Management is very helpful and co-workers the same. The hardest part of the job was that company only hires in between company employees. I most enjoy the team that I work with.
Mission-driven Organization
Project Manager Lead (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 22, 2016
Program executives are committed to Kaiser Permanente's mission to serve the community. The three departments that I have worked in, and the dozens more whom I have collaborated with, are talented and interested in thinking about the impact of their work.
Pros
Pasadena office recently added an outdoor gym. Thrive! culture continues on.
Cons
Long hours for salaried employees are common.
busy 7 doctor cardiolgoy office and hospital
Pacemaker Technician (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 18, 2016
Typical day includes 7 scheduled device checks with extra patients added on from Doctors appointments. Checking newly implanted pacemaker patients in the hospital setting. remote ICD/Pacemaker follow ups. Returning phone calls and scheduling appointment for pacemaker/icd clinic patients.
Learning about programming all cardiac devices, including Bi V ICDs.
I have made many lasting friendships with many of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job is having to turn off an ICD of pacemaker due to a patient going into hospice care.
The best part of this job is seeing how much of a life improvement these implantable devices give to a patient.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
phasing out too many jobs

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
Relaxed, friendly, with coffee.
Cytotechnologist Rotation (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2016
Each day I was given a tray of 20 to 40 slides of gynecological and non-gynecological to review and render diagnoses on while under the supervision of an experienced cytotechnologist. My diagnoses were reviewed by a pathologist and any mistakes were then reviewed with me to better distinguish the characteristics of a malignant diagnosis versus a benign one.
Productive, nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bonita, CAJuly 15, 2016
Kaiser Permanente is an excellent company to work for with good benefits, also. The Supervisors and administration are helpful with workers as far as helping them excel in their job functions. They provide educations and yearly evaluation to see where you might need some support and improvements. I would recommend anyone to wrk for this company.
Pros
education, advancement
Great Place and Great Co-Workers
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 13, 2016
I love working at Kaiser Permanente!! I have had the pleasure to work at 4 different facilities due to the opportunities that were available and because of that, I came across a lot of wonderful co-workers and managers. I am looking for other opportunities with other companies at this time in my life.
Pros
The patients, free lunches and the oneness that I had with other co-workers.
Company in flux, needs new senior leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 5, 2016
Golden reputation of past glories still linger but no longer "that company" of 10 years ago. Lots of siloed business units, poor fiscal forecasting, and leadership development sorely lacking.

Union environment would be tolerable if management knew how to really partner. They try to manage like there isn't a labor management partnership in place. Makes for mistrust and work arounds because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Competent and dedicated clinical staff. Too bad the business side is not as efficient.
Pros
Strong culture, many experienced long timers
Cons
Short on innovation, high on redundancies and siloed units
Productive, fun, and Definitely would recommend.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I was a volunteer and it was non stop busy until the end of my shift.
I learned a lot of things I am not really sure what to write
Management cares about their employees and it was just a loving environment
Co-workers they could have been nicer but you don't go to work to make friends.
Hardest part of the job - I didn't have one.
Enjoyable part of the job - Laughing and enjoying the atmosphere of an amazing hospital that runs smoothly.
Kaiser Permanente in overall rating is well-established organization which is focused on customer satisfaction and service affordability.
Front-End UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 4, 2016
Kaiser Permanente is a strong advocate for healthy living for the members as well as its employees. Kaiser holds exercises, yoga sessions open for members and workers. The cafeteria is also monitored to ensure they sell healthy items for its patrons. Kaiser Permanente is also a huge advocate for the environment. It has campaigns and teams to help members and workers to be more "GREEN" and environmental friendly and proactive. Kaiser Permanente is living it's mission and vision statement.
Ok place if union if not you never know what will happen to you
Information Technology Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 3, 2016
All these reviews talk about how great the benefits are. Not the kaiser I worked at the headquarters. By using my benefits they terminated my employment. Good thing the veterans was there to help and cure me.
I now work at Scripps in San Diego at double the salary and treated much better.
There is no work life balance at Kaiser 10+ hours and a 2 hour commute
Kaiser does not strive to place you close to home but they want
You to Thrive.
If you are union hire you can do ok.
Pros
it's a day job
Cons
do not trust anyone
Good Pay, Not So Good Management
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 9, 2016
This Review is Solely on The EVS Department-

The Pay is Good But It's Like a Secret Society. Communication us HORRIBLE Between Management and Staffing. Alot of Favoritism Occurs, Unfortunately. Extremely Gossipy Co Workers. Get In, Do Your Work and Go Home. Not Sure Why EVS Department Lacks So Much Comradery and Organization. Plenty of O.T. if Wanted. Benefits Good After 90 Days. Areas are Extremely Large to Finish in an 8 Hour Shift. In Proper Training. I Would Rather Have The Work Culture Be Much More Professional and Unified in Another Department. Not Enough Pay for the Stress. Manager and Both Supervisors Left/ Quit/Transferred/ Got Terminated All Within Months of One Another.
Pros
Good Pay, Can Move Throughout, Reputable Company
Cons
Short Lunch, Messy Ppl, Poor Communication, Favortism
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2016
Kaiser is a good place to work but I got laid off in 2014. It has good benefits. They do keep you very busy. Co-workers were awesome to work with. It has wonderful health education programs in most of its medical centers. The hardest part of the job is being overworked - doing two persons job. The most enjoyable part is working with my the department. I enjoyed going to work.
Pros
Good place to work and good benefits
Cons
The company in Georgia is laying off people.
Productive fast paced work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bay, CAApril 22, 2016
-Handle Cash bag
-Assist Kaiser members with checking in for appointments, answer questions any patient may have.
-Process lab orders for patients
-Answer telephones
-Take in patient forms such as FMLA, Disability, And DMV packets and send them where the primary Doctor is located.
-Communicate back and forth with Nurses to provide exceptional patient care for members.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Always Short staffed, Union is not for working employees, but the lazy ones

4.2