Kaiser Permanente
1,595 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Very fun place to work
Care Partner (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: have same time lunches with some co workers
Cons: short break
My typical day at work is every morning we do our daily report. I've learned that no matter how hard your work is always just smile and respect your patients and co workers. I enjoyed working with different people and love my co-workers we have fun on the job. The hardest part is when I get close to the patients and they live to go home with there families – more... it makes me sad cause some patients will turn out to be part of us as family. The most enjoyable part of the job is we sang together and work together. – less
Prison environment with great pay and benefits
Lead Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free health care for full time employees
Cons: 30 minute lunches, not enough time to go anywhere.
The pay and benefits may be great, however, there is no pat on the back for a job well done, all you get is harsh feedback when you do something not up to their standards. You cannot get time off without finding coverage for the days you will be off. There is no excuse for missing time, weather is not an excuse for being late or absent. Your talk time – more... is as important as going on breaks on your scheduled times. You will get written up for being late returning from breaks or lunches even if it is just a few seconds late. Bathroom breaks are only to be taken on scheduled break times.
For me it felt like being a child in school, you are constantly monitored.
For the most part the patients are gratifying to work with. It is hard,however, to not be able to respond when an angry patient is cussing you out. – less
Kaiser's Way or No Way
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Kaiser Antioch, Martinez, and San FranciscoJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, and all the perks of the union
Cons: entitlement mentality among some staff, drama, not much room for career advancement in my current position
One of the things I do like about Kaiser is the pay; even though money is not my only motivation for career advancement. Kaiser has a caring culture, but sometimes the employee's needs do NOT get met especially as healthcare is ever changing. Kaiser is very innovative and advanced technically speaking; but they have a "system" which is hard to get around. – more... A hospital is a business first and Kaiser generates alot of money and they want to protect their assets, which is understandable. The current department in which I work is a relatively good job, however dealing with my coworkers can involve unnecessary drama and stress.I have never had a issue with the management at Kaiser. I am looking to focus my attention on education and may perhaps stay with Kaiser in the future but would love to explore all my options. – less
Productive environment with room for growth
MYSQL Database Administrator (Current Employee), Kensington, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great benefit and outstanding work ethics
Cons: no cons.
The work environment is conducive and the colleagues are professional and team player. The Company does have room for advancement and always offer paid training as well as in house promotion.
Exceptional Workplace
Administrative Account Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: friendly working environment.
Cons: sometimes the stress.
I enjoyed all of my time at Kaiser. I had a wide variety of duties which I loved. No day was the same. I liked helping the customers that I dealt with on a daily basis. All of my team members were excellent team players.
Great team work and cooperation among staff.
Staff Nurse-Emergency Room (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced, with lots of teaching and learning opportunities for staff and clients.
Cons: sometimes understaffed.
Very busy, hectic days in a normal ER setting. The demographics of the area involved all age groups. Great opportunities to teach and learn. Doctors very friendly and approachable.

Management committed to assuring nurses received all their breaks and meal times as scheduled.
Awesome place to work
CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 11, 2014
Excellent company to work for! Lots of opportunities for advancement, furthering your education, and training. Company that cares about their employees' health and well being.
Wonderful Place to Work
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee), Alameda, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: laid back enviorment, great pay, great benefits
Cons: you can a temporary employee for years before becoming a regular perm employee.
I worked for the HR Service Center in Alameda. The staff were really helpful and a pleasure to work with. They engaged in a lot of employee activities to keep employee motivated and engaged in their work. Really laid back environment however; it remained very professional. Great perks and benefits to permanent employee like your birthday is a paid day – more... off and be prepared to have a birthday celebration when your birthday rolled around. Your work space will be fully decorated. – less
Fun learning experience
Internship (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2014
I had a great time interning at Kaiser Permenante located in Irvine, CA. I was located on the postpartum floor and it could not have been a better fit for me. I love working with children and seeing babies as they were first born was priceless. I loved that I had patient interaction and the nurses/staff were incredibly nice.
Fun learning experience
Internship (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2014
Fun and staff were very welcoming
Quality/Risk Administrative Support-Student Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2014
I had a great experience with Quality/Risk Department. I learned about hospital policies/procedure management and got familiar with the Joint Commission and met with the House Supervisor to experience the backbone of the hospital. Great experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2014
You work with different hospitals that require you to do so much at so much time. And you really don't get the help you need because you are a registry and you are put out there all alone, and you have to do the best that you can to help all the patients out.
A thriving company with a multitude of opportunities
Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits and learning potential
Cons: on the trailing end of technology advancement
I have worked for Kaiser for 11 years and it has been a good company to work for. Work life balance can be challenging at times due to various regulatory and compliance driven initiatives. Overall teams and culture are positive and possibilities for advancement are extensive.
Great company to work for.
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: remote access for work and telecommuting is available.
Cons: heavy work load after returning from vacation.
• Prepared monthly trend and variance analysis
• Performed capitalization in accordance to policy 6A
• Maintained G/L and processed month end close
• Prepared management reports and ad-hoc projects
• Forged client relationship with project managers
• Chaired pre-statement review meeting with main stakeholders
• Prepared Statement Review Analysis and – more... Financial Reporting Package
• Partner with NOPS to transition of software and hardware maintenance
• Coached new employee and explored ways of automation and streamline processes for month end close
• Prepared monthly trend and variance analysis in core operations
• Facilitated join meetings to establish guidelines for budget directives – less
Day in the Emergency Room
Department Clerk (Current Employee), Manteca, CAJuly 8, 2014
Greet, register and discharge any and all patients. Assist with paperwork, faxes, prescriptions from doctors approval. Multi task between urgent and non emergency type of patients.
Very generous and stable organization
Sr. Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: always room to move up in the organization
Managed the employee benefits of a book of business consisting of 80 Large corporations & school districts with 51+ elegible employees. Executed and implemented business processes, worked with underwriting teams, business partners, brokers and customers in order to strategically negotiate and execute business plans. I established and maintained effective – more... business relationships and partnerships with customers, brokers and internal business partners. I developed solutions & established credibility with customers and brokers, managed and guided renewal processes of customer contracts, built organization's project platforms and planned managed and lead client meeting forums and presentations. The hardest part of the job was making sure to be on top of everything on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my fascinating customers and high energy colleagues.

Over the span of 15 years, I learned how to negotiate and do professional business with company decision makers and to look at the bigger picture when doing business in order that it makes business sense for all parties involved. – less
I love the benifits
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJuly 7, 2014
The workers are very friendly and the place is a very controlled center. I really like how they treated me when i hurt my leg. They were giving me cooked lunches and dinner and the service was amazing.
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 7, 2014
Great coworkers. Good place to work and grow in your career. Good benefits.
Fun and productive work place
Claims Examiner II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: cross-training in all areas of the department
Cons: pay and part-time work
Depending on where I was assigned to work I planned my day accordingly
I constantly worried about losing my job
Circulating Nurse (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 6, 2014
I constantly worried about losing my job The pay and benefits were off the charts; but they were not enough to jeopardize my health and wellness.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos