Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 14, 2017
This is a great place to work with great people to work with and great benefits. I really enjoyed my time working there and would recommend this place of employment.
Great Oragnization
Research Project Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2017
Doing academic work in industry is the most enjoyable part of the job!
Learning how to apply all the project management skills in practice is kind of fun!
Fast paced work environment
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 14, 2017
Most jobs here require you to work rotating weekends and sometimes hours and shifts vary. Alot of jobs are non union which means there is absolutely no job security.
Work Life Balance is a Lie
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDNovember 14, 2017
They'll give you whatever you ask for during the recruiting process, but the happy atmosphere and the work-life balance are lies. They expect you to take your laptop home and work all day Saturday and all day Sunday. The younger crowd constantly complains about management, and even though the health benefits are great it's hard not to find issues with daily quality of life in the office, at least on the corporate level.
Be familiar with call center expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDNovember 14, 2017
Working in a call center environment can be stressful. You are expected to attain certain statistics and there is a high turnover rate. You must have tough skin to be able to handle different personalities and different customers.
Great work-life balance
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 13, 2017
Very stable place to work. Well organized system that pays employees well. I actually get time to take a real lunch and sometimes get a workout in. Once I got the hang of things, would rarely stay late to chart. I get the support I need in clinic and get to leave at the appointed time and enjoy my home life as well.
Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed the job there unfortunately I had to move out of state. Great place to work and employees make it great. I would have a busy day and they appreciated your work and benefits and compensation makes it worth while
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
can be pretty face paced
I would go back tomorrow if they had me
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDNovember 13, 2017
Oh I loved this job. I like working for Kaisers. I have been trying to go back but there are no positions for me. I loved working in the record department.
Pros
I loved this palce they had great food all the time
Cons
I had breaks but it was so much fun you didnt mind working through them
Job was the best job I have had besides owning my own business
Business Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Kaiser very much. I would still be working for them if i did not leave California. 8 to 5 working on computer planning office space opening new department. I learned so much working for kaiser. I would go back or try and go back if I moved back to California.
Pros
enjoyed working on computer running my own projects opening departements
Cons
I have no cons
good
Emergency Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2017
it was so long ago i dont really remeber much since i also worked for them for 4 months.

Even though iI only worked for Kaiser for a short time, i learned a great deal, it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
great medical ins
Cons
start out working graceyard shifts, it was rough
Productive and challenging workplace
Senior Radiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2017
Productive and challenging workplace, innovative,motivational leadership. Provides best heath care possible with cutting edge technology. Great place to work, with highly skilled team members. Patient centric care with passion to serve people in need.
Overall a very good company
PHR Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 11, 2017
excellent benefits and decent work environment. management has a clear direction for the company and the health care is very good. Overall is a very good company.
Amazing Benefits
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 11, 2017
It was a great place to work, but I had to move and there werent any openings where I was moving to. The benefits are absolutely AMAZING!! I would recommend them for anyone.
Fast paced and Intense
TELESERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 10, 2017
Fast paced with multitude of various calls for psychiatry patients. assisting patients with many problems and concerns. Took messages; scheduled and cancelled appointments.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
not everyone worked equitably
Great place
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2017
Awesome place to work. Team environment I would work there again. Management was great! Overall I enjoyed working at Kaiser I learned a lot everybody on the IT staff worked as a team. It was a nice enviroment.
Pros
Team enviroment
Cons
2 year contracts
dream job
Externship Assignment (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 10, 2017
Learned everything quick due to having great coworkers who enjoy giving me tips on how to become a better lab assistant. learned how to perform venipuncture on pediatrics and geriatrics
Very rewarding and productive place to work.
Patient Account Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Parma, OhioNovember 10, 2017
Correcting claims & credentialing providers daily, and learned to be a team player, Kaiser management was pretty fair and always focused on strategic company growth. The hardest part of the job was the implementation of the seniority rule and the most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility and the growth in wages.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
The distance to get to work.
Excellent Place to work in USA for long term and even life time
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
They hired me from India in 2000, relocated to USA. Even though salary was less I accepted offer. They did spend a lot of money in relocation, hotel accommodation, car driving lessons, rental assistance, greencard sponsership, 401k, various benefits package. I did not understand all those benefits package as I was new to USA, it was my second job. I worked hard, put more hours as needed, expected one or 2 promotions, quicker greencard. They should have given correct updates regarding Greencard Status. They should not have outsourced to TCS and then slowed our greencard processing. They should have counseled me from doing Full-time MBA (since my greencard did not come after 7 yrs I tried doing Full-Time MBA to get greencard in EB2 category) to do part-time / Executive MBA and when my I140 was approved they should have rehired me back immediately, continued processing my greencard. Once they brought us to USA from India on the promise of greencard, they should have led, mentored me till I get greencard and permanently settled in USA. That was not difficult. Still they can do that.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good for long term
Cons
Slow Greencard processing, Wrong / Misleading updates regaring Greencard process
Kaiser Permanente
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2017
Kaiser Permanente still one of the hardest to get into and is still one of the best places to work at given you have good teams and balanced managers.
I loved my supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 9, 2017
It was a temporary position, but I was treated very well by my supervisor. Employees seemed happy & relaxed. Beautiful setting by the Lake Merritt, for lunchtime walk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2