Kaiser Permanente

2.8K reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 2,799 reviews matching the search
Kaiser Takes Good Care of their Patients!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Have an amazing work flow, always enough staff on duty. Quite busy, but i didn't mind. I like to keep myself occupied and work at a fast/sufficient pace.
professional and team work environment
Licensed Registered Respiratory Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 12, 2016
morning get reported of assigned patients, perform respiratory treatments, patients assessments throughout my shift
Pros
free lunches, team work
Cons
not enough staff
Dietary work is hard
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Food prep so you are on your feet all day, you have to stay on schedule or the meals will be late. Delivering meals helps you get to know the hospital staff.
Pros
Free lunch and healthcare
Cons
On you feet all day
A Thriving Culture
DI Receptionist/Cashier I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Kaiser is a fantastic company to work for. They are very focused on the work/life balance and strive to make your life more healthy.
Pros
Healthy choices, Healthy food
Cons
getting time off/dept policy
Wonderful company with outstanding vision
Sr. Staff Assistant - Administration (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2016
KP is the model for health care for a a reason, they are primarily concerned with taking desicive action with focus on prevention.
Pros
zero co-pay benefits, access to PCP and specialties
Cons
only in select markets
Relaxed Environment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Working with Kaiser was a great learning experience. I learned more about behind the scenes of insurance. I also learned new software skills, as well as data entry.
typicla day
Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Customer service base work. Deal with different type of people on a daily basis. On your feet for 8 hours in a day. Co workers were easy to deal with. Hardest part is dealing with incompetent customers who are in need of their medications.
Ok Company to work for.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2016
Reviewed Claims for both Professional and Hospital Billings, Update Personal information, verify patient coverage and procedure was done.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
How Management treats everyone differently.
good
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day was very very demanding because of the high volume and complexity of the work. The thing that I learned was the ability to maintain a high level of concentration. Management was also OK they had some good managers. My coworkers were also highly skilled. The hardest part about the job was just showing up. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I provided the best patient care possible.
Nice and Professional, Stable Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Fast pace environment. Learned different infomation on patient's types of insurances. Management very fair, understanding and accomodating for patients as well as staff. Co-workers, team players, easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job you must do your all, above and beyond to satisfy each and every patient or customer. Most enjoyable for me working with people that work together and handling all challenges that come my way in a calm and professional manner, knowing that I can handle the job and make the employer happy and satisfied with my work performance.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Excellent experiences working with patients.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great experiences assisting those in need of care. It does get busy assisting patient care however, it builds integrity and character. It's always great assisting patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Bias, retaliation actions by Managaement
Great company and people to work with
PACS Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I love working at Kaiser Permanente.
I have been able to learn quite a bit and find a job that I really enjoy.
Management provides the necessary tools to allow us to perform well in our jobs.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Unions?
San Jose Kaiser
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  San JoseJanuary 6, 2016
Greast place to work. Was very happy there. Should have stayed if it wasn't for the distance at that time.

Kaiser is a great company to work for.
Professional
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2016
Each employee demonstrates respect , good communication skills and also makes you feel like they care. I learned to better my communication from the demonstrations of the other employees.
Not What it Used to Be
Lead Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I landed my Administrative Assistant position in October 2014. Talk about not knowing what I was getting into. This department is completely mobile and administrative assistants are hourly so they are not allowed to be mobile so I'm in the office by myself all the time and have no means to get things done or questions answered because everyone is in meetings are working from home. My co-workers are nice and what I've learned is that you need a good fit and that isn't the case here. From what I hear they used to be a much better company to work for but that is no longer the case. I would say stay away from Kaiser is at all possible, they work you to the bone and don't appreciate anything you do for them.
Pros
Mobile
Cons
No socialization
My favorite Place to work
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Doing different job every day, opportunity to learn on wide scale, Great Management team, Fun and enjoying my time with my co-workers, hardest part of this job was low pay, most enjoyable resolving issue and getting compliments from management which motivate me to work harder.
Great benefits but the workload is impossible
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 4, 2016
The managers and staff are great but my immediate co-workers seem to be afraid to have me know more than them and therefore, are not helpful at all. Kaiser is too big for their own good. They have good intentions but there is too much work and not enough people. Some of the people in my position work off the clock in order to try and catch up on their workload although there always seems to be too much work and not enough time in the day. The pay and benefits are great, but I think that it is in order to keep you there and work you until you break, transfer or leave.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Unrealistic/impossible work loads
Productive and Incredible Workplace to work at
Summer Youth Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical work day for myself was changing into scrubs and assisting the maternal care patients by supplying them with beverage of their choice as well as supplying them with baby care supplements of their choice. I have gained work experience in a hospital as well as work experience, in general. My co-workers were fantastic and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things everyday.
work life balance
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  CalifornniaJanuary 4, 2016
No work life balance. Large workload and duplication of data reported, being captured and reviewed. Succession planning, only paper.
Pros
work teams support each other
Cons
COLA for professional HR staff is sad. Nothing or 1-2%. 1-3% in 5-9 years
Working on the floors was nice
Endoscopy/Bronchoscopy Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2016
I should have stayed working on the floors. Once I went to the clinic, there was nothing but trouble. One of the Doctors did not like me. He made my life miserable. If I had to do it again, I would never have left the floor.

4.2