Kaiser Permanente
1,593 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Per diem
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: call center
Cons: weekend position only
You must be good at "selling" here you need to be the number of appt. required per day but it was a great experience and reward were given when goals were met.
Very productive
Volunteer (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 3, 2014
Kaiser has been a wonderful experience. Every employee is a joy to work with and they make me feel very much needed even though i'm only a volunteer. I help any employee with tasks they might need done, whether it be delivering fliers to different departments, or making copies. I work in the front desk most of the time greeting patients and answering – more... any questions they might have. It's a joy to greet every patient and put a smile on their face first thing when they walk in, I really enjoy it. – less
A very warm and employee friendly environment
Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland Heights, OhJuly 3, 2014
The job was very enjoyable. My duties were very diverse, I handled multiple tasks such as billing, employee related matters, patient complaints, also dealt with various local agencies such as the Fire
Department. The most enjoyable part of the day was being available to the whole building for whatever was needed.
Exellent job and Company, I was just On Call
Pharmacy Tech II (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: everything perfect exept some pharmacists
Cons: perfect
I was separated from family who lived in Roanoke, VA and was very hard for me, but I think that was a beautiful dream work place for me and I am scared that will never get repeated in my life.
very progressive work environment
Psych Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: is located in an area easy to locate
Cons: low pay, not a friendly atmosphere and much of extra time is expected
Must be on pointe at all times. Very busy, must be multitasking throughout the day. Atomesphere is based on perception, staff is not very welcoming, so if you can overlook this, and still manage to do a good job, you can survive in this environment.
Nice, smart people, slow moving, limit remote work, old productivity tools.
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 2, 2014
Cons: nice people, health care is in transformation
Overall a nice place to work. Good and talented people. The culture is much different than high tech, slower for the most part with spurts of craziness. Lots of opportunity to help improve day to day operations in areas of planning and streamlining processes.
Conference Room Coordinator (Current Employee), OregonJuly 2, 2014
I enjoy helping people and I get the opportunity to, working at Kaiser. No day is the same and that keeps the job interesting.
Great employees and employers wonderful environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2014
I enjoyed the staff, and I enjoyed working because this job kept me busy, lunch was great as well, and my co-workers were very helpful
n/a
Auditor, Coding Educator (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: work location was out off state and to far to travel
Nice place to work with great benefits. Nice co-workers and learning opportunities.
Team work and positive attitude make a great work place.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining a positive relationship with internal and external customers.
• Performing necessary front desk functions.
• Assist in registration duties and collecting co-payments.
• Educate members, in answering questions regarding patient benefits, co-pay, deductible, co-insurance, and/or deposit as applicable.
 – more... Monitor waiting area and inform members if have an outstanding balance.
• Prepare to answer inspector’s questions in a satisfactory manner.
• Order ID cards and update addresses using IRCS.
• Handle member’s complaints and refunds.
• Follow policy and procedures for obtaining change bags and end of the day process.
• Provide assistance to members who need release of information or FMLA forms.
• Exemplifies excellent customer service skills, calm, solution-oriented approach when responding to emergency situations.
• Offering assisting immediately to all who enter the workplace, and assisting to the correct department and keeping all areas clean. – less
same
Registered Nurse Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: same
Cons: same
innovative and progressive. Team colloaboration. Quality measurements.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Reperesentative (Former Employee), Corona, CAJune 30, 2014
Large volume of calls, health insurance benefits assistance to members. Management assistance available if needed, coworkers are team players. Every call is something new to research and assist with to obtain a solution to a member's inquiry or issue. Most enjoyable for me is to assist members and complete the call with accurate information for a 1 – more... time call resolution. – less
very productive
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: salaried, independent
Cons: long work hours
meetings, entered data into several data basis..
I learned multitasking, and computer skills..
great co-workers
large workload
the large workload
Patient driven
Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 29, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, working environment, co-workers, customer focus
Cons: average pay for non-medical staff
Enjoyed working at KP, they're very patient driven (I like working at places where they're customer focused). Very good medical benefits (what else would you expect?). Evening and weekend work not expected unless absolutely necessary, promoting a good work-life balance. Pay and bonuses are average. Great co-workers.
kaiser has good benefits
Medical Assisting (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 28, 2014
I always feel good to come to work everyday when i know that i have a very good team. Doctors and my co-workers are very nice. We are learning from each other. Everyone is flexible, dependable and trustworthy. Our manager are the best. They are strict but when we make mistake, they talk to us in a very pleasant way. I already built the relationship – more... with my patient so eventhough they are sick, they feel better when they see me. The doctors that i work with are very generous. Kaiser pays the best among the other hospitals and clinic. They have the best benefits. – less
Kaiser is great place to work
Administrative Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJune 28, 2014
My manager is wonderful. She suppports me in all my career decisions. The company offers excellent benefits.
Fast Paced
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: schedule
Good salary and Benefits but you work very hard for them. Fast paced high volume.
Productive, Organized facility, Diversity, and Culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJune 27, 2014
Pros: calm, laid back, and yet a very professional setting.
Cons: "on-call" employees do not receive benefits
I enjoy the work that I do. I assist in making sure that the facility that I work in runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis.

I have learned that many people started working for this company many years ago as a temp employee, or an "as needed" employee, and many of them have been with the company for over ten and fifteen years.

My direct Supervisor is – more... the Manager of this particular facility and she is awesome. She takes pride in what she does, and is focused on keeping her facility compliant and up to par.

The most challenging part of my job is re-learning a skill that I hadn't used in years, and it takes some readjusting.

I enjoy my job, it's constant work to be done. There isn't one specific thing to single out, I enjoy, so far, every aspect of my job. – less
good
Bus Functional tester (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 26, 2014
started my carrier with this project and learnt many new technologies and tools in this project
Great company
Health Educator (Current Employee), CAJune 26, 2014
Great company to work for, I have enjoyed my experience at Kaiser Permanente.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos