Kaiser Permanente
1,656 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Unorganized
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 6, 2014
Management is very unorganized, no clear direction, but people who work here have great attitudes even though there's a lot of confusion due to lack of communication.
Productive and professional place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Largo, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: able to advance in your career
Great place to work,staff got along very well. A typical day at work i would say is busy and productive
Provides affordable care.
Medical Associate Intern (Former Employee), Downey, CAAugust 5, 2014
I greeted patients and their guests upon entrance to the hospital and handed them informational pamphlets. Also provided them with directions on where places in the hospital located.
Hard to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 5, 2014
Very leadership oriented, hard to break in to FTE status. There isn't much else to say.
worked as a student nurse intern
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great staff, scheduled breaks, clean environment
Cons: hard to get into the hospital as a nurse
8-12 hour days
Taking care of patients (4).
Reviewing labs and patient history
collaborating with doctors
medication administration
helping patient with activities of daily living
providing clean environment
developing patient rapport
hardest part of the job was learning all the different procedures because you cant be taught everything in one day.
working – more... with patient and providing a great experience was my favorite part of the job. knowing I was making a difference. – less
KP
Receptionist (Current Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2014
Working at Kaiser is a wonderful experience both as an employee and as a member.
Fun Work Place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Encino, CAAugust 2, 2014
* helped as they delivered babies

* how to assist patients in bed

* good management

* friendly co-workers

*when all the call lights are on at the same time

*When patients get better and are disharged
Exciting Workplace
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: love the dowtown area
The exciting part was working with my co-workers sharing information, working as a team and learning something new everyday.
Assisting Business Partners and Colleagues
Application Coordinator (Current Employee), Honolulu, HawaiiAugust 2, 2014
I love what I do and helping others is what makes me thrive. No two days are the same. At times I am juggling multiple reporting requests, assisting end users with understanding the functionality of the tool and helping project team members triage issues with Reporting Workbench (RWB) and Radar build. Some days I also manage the RWB and Radar security – more... access.

I have learned that you can only do what you can based on your knowledge and resources. Sometimes we just don't have the answers however its a great feeling knowing that Management is there to support and guide you.

The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you just don't know who to ask and that you may have to figure out the answer yourself. I always enjoy learning and actually thrive on that!

The most enjoyable part is that I am consistently being challenged and having the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.

I enjoy helping others and sharing what I know. – less
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Orange County, CaliforniaAugust 1, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is a great company for employment. They strive on teamwork, high level of service to patient and their family, and employee satisfaction.
organized, clean , new building
Senior Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: helpful doctors, nurses, and management. benefits, pay, organization of the company
Cons: shortage of staff, advancement in career (lvn to rn)
Kaiser has provided me with my first encounter to the healthcare industry. Kaiser nurses, management, and MDs are very helpful in teaching (although not a teaching hospital). I've learned a lot from simple medical terminology to health care work flows.
Excellent Company to work for.
Pharmacy technician externship at Lancaster Kaiser (Former Employee), Lancaster CaliforniaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyable team members
Fast paced and customer oriented. Cares about employees and safe work area.
review
Customer Service / Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great experience overall
Cons: n/a
This was a well paid summer internship that offered me experience in a medical office.
Productive, Fast paced
Program Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 31, 2014
Productive,
Fast paced and
very organised
Processes are in place
Good solid place with possibilities & oppertunities.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJuly 31, 2014
Unknown because its different everyday...some good some not-so-good. Learned team work and to respond & adapt/overcome uncomfortable stressful emergency situations that arise at any & all occasions. Sometimes multiple situations simultaneously. Management listens and is understanding & accommodating to various situations. Co-workers I got along with – more... everyone. The bad busy days when we are short staffed and slammed with multiple situations that are critical. Going home is the most pleasing and relaxing time after a harsh day. – less
Work life balance is amazing!
Project Manager Lead (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: gym
Great company! It doesn't matter who you are or what your role. Here, the work you do saves lives. From our nurses and physicians on the front line of care to our business professionals supporting the bottom line. From our customer service experts working one on one to enhance the member experience to our IT professionals who literally turn data cables – more... into lifelines. Everyone at Kaiser Permanente plays a vital role in the care delivery process. Because no matter who you are or what your role, the work you do at Kaiser Permanente affects lives.Wonderful company! – less
Always busy
Radiology Imaging Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: need more work friendly space
Kaiser has awesome benifits !
I have been here for several years. Im ready to learn something new.
I love my co-workers
Administrative Assistant to the Director of Nursing
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Willoughby Medical OfficesJuly 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, community and charitable events and educational opportunities
Cons: stressful and fast paced environment
As an Administrative Assistant I supported the Director of Nursing and her team of 16 Nursing Professionals, including the Nursing Educators, Nursing Quality Specialists, Medical Nutritionists, Case Management Team, Medical Social Workers, Bariatric Nurse, Wound Care Nurse and the Congestive Heart Failure Nurse for 6 years. My team depended on my expertise – more... in developing reports and tracking tools to support their positions. I ordered supplies for the team; compiled handouts for presentations; made room reservations for their classes; and organized data and budget sheets. Prior to that position, I worked as a Patient Business Clerk for 14 years, delivering exemplary customer service; checked in patients, scheduled follow up appointments, collected co-payments, verified insurance coverage and processed workers compensation, and medical release of information forms. It is a fast paced environment which demands that you go above and beyond to assist the patient and their families. The Healthcare Industry is competitive and demands great customer service in order to maintain a good reputation. I have to say that the most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and in order to do that you must leave your credentials at the door. – less
Reliable
Lab Assistant Student (Former Employee), Vallejo, CaJuly 29, 2014
Pros: strong staff
Cons: no cons
A great company, They took me in as a family member of their team. They showed me how to walk, talk and present myself in a professional health care environment.
Kaiser
Member Education Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
Good place to work, learned a lot from some very innovative and creative people.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos