Kaiser Permanente
1,992 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

productive and big company
PRN (Current Employee), VirginiaJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy working for this company, because it is a place to grow as a professional level.
Excellent work place
Orthopedic Technician and Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 6, 2015
THRIEVE everyday to maintain a healthy life style to insure our members received the best care possible.

Always, present for duty to support other staff members on the department team.

No instructions or direction needed for day to day patient flow.
Patient care and working with team players
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: leaving
learned EMR charting and assisting in minor surgeries doing back office procedures and injections as needed the most enjoyable part of my job were the patients.
helping people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: a lot of personal growth
Cons: leaving
I pulled medication, filled prescription, printed labels. Also filled compounding medications. Management was always supportive. My co-workers were great team players and always ready to help. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of my job was my rotations between the main pharmacy and the pediatrics pharmacy
Very productive and professional
Internship/Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: clean environment
Cons: short breaks
My first day at Kaiser Permanente was great. Everyone was very polite and welcoming. I have learned about each department which includes Orthopedics, Podiatry, Rheumatology, and Neurology. Each department has its own set of requirements and how their patients are taken care of. The orthopedics and podiatry departments were the most busiest. The management was great and aware of what goes on in each department. The co-workers were helpful, showed me around their departments, and showed me their skills which was taking calls, drawing up medications, providing medications, scheduling, and taking messages. I've had no issues during my time there and enjoyed getting to know everyone there.
Expected to work Holidays and weekends in a hostile environment
Sr. SAS Data Consultant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CaJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: stress, reduction of benefits, holiday and weekend work required.
People are required to work 24/7 with no gratitude nor comp time. Stress was tremendous which caused for a hostile work environment.

Kaiser removed the paid medical for life for retirees who have been working for Kaiser for years. To placate these individuals they offered $100 an month toward medical payments.

The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting.

Friday afternoon was when the requests from upper management would come for information required Monday morning. This was a regular practice.

Management refused to take ownership of mistakes even when proven with government documentation.
Place to work for those in the health care field
Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: flexibe, benefits
Cons: distance, getting in the workforce
As an intern I was given lots opportunity to learn about managing a program. I was given responsibilities from mundane tasks such as stocking to even presenting in front of directors. The schedule given to me was flexible. The employees were the nicest people I have ever met.
Productive and Exciting at times
Small Group/Individual Billing Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 5, 2015
A typical work day in my current role at Kaiser would be managing several different units to acheive the highest results for the day. My tenure at Kaiser has been very beneficial to my career path. In the last 25 years I have been promoted 5 times and each time it given me a different perspective on what managing it all about. Here at Kaiser not only do we thrive to be the best in Health Care service but we also try to create an environment were our employees feel valuable in the process. I currently serve as a lead and advisor on two committees we have here which partner management and labor together to come up with ideals on ways to make the work experience more enjoyable and the process more effiicent. We do this with one thought in mine which is our customer.
The most enjoyable part
EVS (Former Employee), Parma, OHJanuary 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interacting with the people. The staff was friendly and helpful like a family. The teamwork was great. We were able to work together to get the job done.
AACC telephone triage
registered nurse telephone triage (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: educational leave, paid vacations, double time for holidays
Cons: short breaks
Each day at work was a new challenge. Every one handles pain and discomfort and stress in a very different way.
Learning new skills and protocols that were constantly being reviewed and changed.
I found management to be vey supportive on the nursing staff and were always helpful to me when a call became difficult or patient wished to speak to a manager.
My co workers were simply Awesome, Knowlegeable, and sensitive to the needs of their co workers and the patients they cared for
The hardest part of the job was the constant monitoring of my calls and months critiques. But it was also a learning experience.
Going into work every day, seeing my colleagues, and the daily challenges of the job.
Kaiser is a very amazing place to work
Housekeeping Aide and Waste Management (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORDecember 31, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is an amazing place to work. The benefit, the pay, Vaccation, the retirement is very amazing.
Senior Project Analyst (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CADecember 31, 2014
Employees are positive with all hands within the task. Co workers are helpful when needed
Perfect place to work
Desktop Technician (Former Employee), Roseville, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: it take sometime in order to get your account to do your job
They have excellent team and they helped me to do my job. It has excellent working schedule . Great respect from the users you support. Supervisors are very co-operative
Excellent place to work. Benefits are very affordable.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2014
I enjoy working for them. The work environment is enjoyable. The benefits are very affordable. There is opportunity for advancement. The work climate varys depending on the center location. There are opportunities for continuing education. They do offer tuition reimbursement.
Patient care
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Panorama City, CADecember 27, 2014
As a pharmacy technician, I resolved billing problems and took care of patient's concerns. With the new databases in our pharmacy, I trained new hire staff and taught them how to be more efficient in the workflow.
great environment
customer Service Operator (Former Employee), frederick mdDecember 26, 2014
enjoyable place to work great management co workers outstanding
Summary
Site Support Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, CADecember 26, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: threats of job security being lost.
Kaiser is a great place to work but not the best work environment. The issue I have is that the position that I am currently in comes under question every 2 years or so. We aree sometimes told that we should be thankful for the job, which is true however the way in which this is communicated to some employees is tough at time. I think that presentation is everything.
Great company to work for with great people.
Sr. Business Consultant/Contract Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: company culture and mission to provide the best service to our members.
Cons: no comment
Working at Kaiser Permanente, I experienced the greatest professional growth thus far. I bought into the KP culture, their motto to "Thrive" both personally and professionally.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT AND COWORKERS
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Livermore, CADecember 22, 2014
WORK ENVIRONMENT IS VERY PLEASANT
COWORKERS ARE VERY HELPFUL
WORK WITH MANAGEMENT OR ELSE...
Love the Healthcare Field
Healthcare Contact Specialist (Former Employee), Vallejo, CADecember 21, 2014
Pros: available early outs whenever you wanted
Cons: couldn't work there long enough
Even though it was a call center, the advice nurses were always so pleasant and the work itself was so rewarding. Patients would call in and describe their symptoms and based off of scripts and protocols, either they would speak directly with an advice nurse or a message to their doctor would give them results. I loved every bit of working for Kaiser, The biggest complaint was that I couldn't stay long enough because of having to relocate to Nevada and there is not a Kaiser here.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos