Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 30, 2017
Helpful and Thrive environment. Management was great and understanding. Great team members. I would highly recommend Kaiser Permanente cares for their employees.
No easy days Work is non-stop everyday
Radiologist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 30, 2017
Required evening and weekend/holiday call assignments have progressively increased in number and complexity over time
Day schedule is always full and usually a sense of always being a little behind

top heavy with administration
Co-workers are like family!
PNP-Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2017
I really loved working at Kaiser and enjoyed my colleagues there. Developing long-term relationships with the families of children with cancer was extremely rewarding.
Don't even waste your time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 29, 2017
Good safe port in the storm but not a career. Tough to have faith in the low integrity management. No significant advancement possible since all management hire friends and family into leadership positions
Pay is not worth the frustration
RN (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 29, 2017
Kaiser is too big with too few quality managers to be efficient. There are too many levels of management to get any changes made in the interest of patient care in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not efficient with too many levels of management
Physical Therapy Volunteer
In-Patient Physical Therapy Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 29, 2017
Provided support to patients recovering from traumatic experiences while upholding company mission statement, treatment model and core values. Implemented certified spotting techniques to therapists and nursing staff performing patient transfers.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low pay
Productive and interesting work space
Medical Scribe-Assistant to a physician (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 29, 2017
Occasionally fast paced depending on the amount of patients seen at the Emergency Department. A typical day involves following physicians as they evaluate patients to record the patient's HPI, ROS, PE, and the physician's MDM. Hardest part of the job is probably the unusual hours. However this is mediated by the doctors who are typically easily approachable and more than happy to teach and assist.
Pros
Great experience in the medical field along side Doctors who are happy and willing to talk and teach
Cons
Unusual hours
Kaiser
Intake Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2017
I've been an employee for a few decades and it's a great placed to work. It's a great healthcare provider, and you'll be financially secure. Only down side is the union .
Pros of working for Kaiser
CT Technologist/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDNovember 29, 2017
We are encouraged to take classes to advance our own skills and are supported on all levels in advancement opportunities within the company. I was offered the cross training for CT which all the techs that I was able to train with were completely helpful
Pros
Support on all levels for advancement
Corporate Organization
Grant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2017
Previously a locally well-known insurance company and health care organization, it was recently acquired by the much larger and similarly structured Kaiser Permanente.
Friendly fun place to be.
ASCC Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
Working here, you learn how to work as a team. You become very close with your supervisors and co-workers. It feels like you've known each other for years. The atmosphere is laid back but still professional and fun. The hardest part about working there for me was the time it took for training. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by people who knew how to brighten your day, including the members that we help over the phone.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Back to back calls holding in queue
There was nothing recreational for the employees to do.
Claims Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 28, 2017
Achieving the company goals for the recovery of claims.
Self taught for prepare monthly reporting packages.
Working with the friendly women and men.
Pros
Company functions: Yearly picinic holiday dinners
Cons
There were none that I can speak on.
Avoid this Employer
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 28, 2017
This was the worst place I have ever worked!

Some departments are well run and have good people. The last department I worked in did not. Most of the people in that department behaved like they were still in junior high school. There were cliques and lots of gossiping and backstabbing. People were mistreated because they didn't dress a certain way or were of a different ethnicity. Management was aware of the culture and not only did nothing they participated in the nasty behavior. If you need accommodations for a disability, you won't get them. If you say anything to HR, you will be retaliated against and managed out. This has a very hierarchical culture which can make it very difficult to get work done on time.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
everything
A dynamic team and multidisciplinary staff
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2017
Great company to work for in Northern California. Kaiser is a true leader in healthcare and growing rapidly in California and beyond. Resources were always available to complete the job and it's appreciated by all of the well trained and educated staff.
Pros
Pay and Benefits, Company Culture
Cons
Large and complex organization
na
LPN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 28, 2017
Overall Kaiser has been great. Due to union, management tends to be crude and unresponsive to staff. Find a manager that is good to work with and fair. Benefits are great.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West LA, CANovember 27, 2017
Kaiser is a good place to work, the pay and benefits are among the highest. There is always good team work and break relief is mostly available. There is adequate problem resolution.
Pros
good pay and work environment
Cons
na
Poor
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2017
If a manager does not like you and is after you no matter what they say management is not fair! I found it to be very unfair dept and very cut throat!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30305November 27, 2017
If I could continue to work for Kaiser Permanente I would. I have worked with the company for over seven years and have truly experienced a well balanced work and life. i have been supported in furthering my education, but with some difficulty advancing to where I would like to be.
work place
Business Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 27, 2017
great work environment ,home/work balance

KP is an awesome employer on of if not the best in the Bay Area

compensation for Non Union employees should be better
Pros
home work balance
Cons
compensation
Very poor leadership, lacking vision
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
Kaiser has excellent benefits, but poor leaders are promoted and there is a significant amount of cronyism at play on a daily basis. Also seems to be a lack of vision and objectives and project approaches are changed on the fly and not communicated clearly, creating an atmosphere of chaos and and environment that is almost impossible to be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2