Kaiser Permanente
2,098 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

the most enjoyable part of this job
RN Intern (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Is working with health care team of professionals that are wicked smart and love what they do. I love the passion and the direction of the company as a model for health care in our time.
The job
Service Referral Clerk (Current Employee), Wailuku, HIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: short commute & good pay
There was always a variety, within the job. You have the same job and assignment; but the day could vary. Monday was always the busiest; but Mondays flew by.
Busy
Ward Clerk Transcriber (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Very busy workplace. Co-workers are helpful. Knowing that every single day we helped a lot of patient and cant wait to do it all over again.
Good Benefits
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: corporation mentally
Good coworkers, hard management, very corporate mentally. Enjoyed working for company, but management made it a cold place to work for.
Excellent place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Love the job and the people I worked with. Great benefits. Excellent pay scale, available resources when in need. I was allowed to work from home and call in meetings which is a great advantage.
Implementing a new claims system
Pediatric and Geriatric, Data Entry (Former Employee), Bellflower, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Not a very good organization. Very disorganized with a lack of good leadership. Changed direction and solutions many times. A very frustrating organization to work for.
Leading healthcare organization in the country
Quality Assurance Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a leading healthcare organization in the country with an integrated healthcare delivery model. Employees and supported and encouraged to be forward thinking and innovative.
Unorganized work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unorganized
I loved working with Kaiser because I worked with a lot of dedicated and professional people. Although I personally felt the whole training process and knowledge of company structure was very unorganized.
great environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Going to work was not a drag. I enjoyed going to work and meeting new people as well as working with my co-workers. The day was so busy time would pass by fast. I had a great experience working at Kaiser Permanente.
not a bad place to work for as long your not on the management team
Engineer III (Former Employee), Fontana, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: best benes
Cons: culture
Labors is union protected. Managed is not. We have seen many managers come and go on a whim. Administrations seem to like lots of lower management change
Great company and people no complaints
Financial Consultant, FP&A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good people.
Unfortunately, assignment coming to an end. It was a 3 month contract that has gone for 7 months. I cannot thank the people I worked with, great opportunity.
Extremely challenging scope of practice.
RPSGT (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day consists of teaching a dozen or more Health Plan Members - of vastly various cognitive skills, and (sometimes foreign) language predisposition - how to successfully complete an overnight un-attended sleep study. The study is designed to diagnose sleep disordered breathing, or obstructive sleep apnea, utilizing peripheral arterial tone, juxtaposed in real time against spectrophotometrically measured and extrapolated oxy-hemoglobin saturation using a device called a "WatchPAT." This is far more convenient for patients than the old method of overnight ATTENDED polysomnography using skin electrodes placed strategically on a patient's cranium. I was trained in the old method, but have not practiced it for a number of years due to the popularity, convenience, and economy of the new ambulatory/unattended method.

The WatchPAT renders an "apnea-hypopnea index," (AHI), beyond the scope of this synopsis, which is used as a diagnostic standard. The accuracy of the AHI depends on equipment setup, initialization, maintenance; and documentation of study results. I am responsible for those procedures as well. Until September 2014, I was less involved in diagnostic procedures. I spent most of my time titrating the amount of positive airway pressure each individual patient needs to regulate his/her AHI on a case by case basis. Since October of 2014 I have concentrated on diagnostic procedures.
Great company
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee), Antioch, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great training
Completed my extern at Kaiser. Was able to work in various depts. and gain the skills i will need when I land a position as a Medical Assistant. I gianed experience in the Peri-Operative medicine dept., Oncology, Nephrology, Head & Neck, Urology and Medicine. I was able to learn how to set up and prep Cystoscopys, Bone Marrow testing and do prostate biopsy.
Fun place to work, loved travelling
Enterprise Pharmacy System Consultant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Good place to work if you get a long term contract. As a company they have a lot of projects going on and it just matter of getting into a long term project.
Implementing a new claims system
Project Manager (Contractor) - Client (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: disorganized
Very productive and entertaining workplace
Help Desk Support Intern (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the experience and the environment
Cons: buying own lunch
Kaiser Permanente was a great place for me as an intern. The environment there is very friendly and outgoing, but very demanding and strict. I've learned a bunch of new skills that helped me with my self-development. My co-workers were always there when I needed help on certain situations. They taught me all I needed to know about the IT system in Kaiser as well as self-growth. I really enjoyed working with my team and customers helping them solve a problem with their computer or laptop. My favorite part about the job was to troubleshooting the computers and see what was going on. It's like solving a riddle. Kaiser Permanente taught me so much and I'm grateful that I was an intern there.
very demanding and fast paced
Storekeeper (Former Employee), walnut creekFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: really early shifts guarntee you get off at mid day
Cons: mangement is not concerned with amount of training you recieve
start the day by breaking down pallets of material and sending all of it up to respective stock rooms, you must refill all stock rooms in respective areas. must take calls from nurses and doctors for certain materials
Productive and Enjoyable
Commuincation Operator (Current Employee), Manteca, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i learn something new everyday
Cons: some days are not always good.
Receiving calls transfer call to correct department. I learned that my job has a impact with customer service. Management and I have to work together to keep the customer happy.
Mission-driven organization.
Business Development Planning Manager (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Growth through exchanges. Chance to look through many lenses - plan, hospital, and medical group. Great people. Consensus-driven.
Productive busy environment
Watch Commander (ITSM) (Current Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no free lunch & vending machine don't accept but cash
Typical day is 50% of the day meeting with the business people for the new requirements & the next 50% is preparing for the upcoming changes for the week

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos