Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 2,808 reviews matching the search
great company
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 20, 2016
love it. great place to work. very diverse. a lot of opportunities. very employee focused. very supportive of career advancent and training.
Pros
diverse
Cons
Secured job status and benefit
Clinical Dietitian in Adults and Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 19, 2016
great people to work with
chances to improve my career
great teamwork
though, limited hours for more project and research
Horrible
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  at homeJanuary 18, 2016
This "Opportunity" was horrible. This was an at home job. It was suppose to be part time. Their definition of part time and regular people's definition of part time is totally different. They want you to literally sit home all day and wait on them to give you tasks to do. Once you do those tasks, at the end of two weeks, they come up with a variety of excuses on why you won't be receiving your pay. When you email HR, they don't ever reply. They seclude you to this one manager so if there's a problem, you can't really get in contact with anyone. I started this job in October, and have never received a full pay. Not once. They didn't pay me at all during the holidays; which was such a pain because the money from this job was not only suppose to pay for gifts but also my college tuition. So no one received their gifts and my parents had to help me out with tuition. Once I brought these issues up with my manager, she said that I need to be patient and be grateful for the opportunity that has been given to me. She also brought up her kids (why?, i don't know). Things got really fishy when it was going on three months without me getting paid and the company still wanted me to do work for them. When I gave my two weeks notice, it was completely ignored. When my last day came around everything was fine until the following Monday. My manager acted like we never had this conversation. She pleaded for me to stay saying they had no one to fill my spot and to keep working for an extra week. She even said if they started paying me on time, would I consider staying with the company. I shouldn't  more... have to threaten to leave a company for them to pay me for the work that I have done. As of right now, I'm still waiting on my pay from months ago. At this point, I'm going to have to take legal action to receive my money.  less
Pros
Cons
not paying on time or ever, uneducated training staff and management
excellent place to work work
Urgent Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDJanuary 18, 2016
excellent place to work, friendly and helpful staff.
the admin staff positive and very helpful to the staff,
I enjoyed to coming to work educational benefits were great and the the patients were often happy with the care they recieved.
i was always learning new skills
Healthy work environment
Sr. Business Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2016
One of the desired company to work for. Very good management. work-life balance is there.Good benefits with lots of opportunity to learn different skill sets.
I love Kaiser
Medical records clerk, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  With in northeren californiaJanuary 16, 2016
I review new positions and apply every day looking to be a great asset to the company. I have been a client for a long time, as a client the doctors, nurses, and support team are very nice. The environment is clean an parking is great.
Not looking to leave
Sterile Processing Tech II (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Working for this company is a blessing. I've never worked at a place that provides so much towards employee satisfaction in every aspect. I look forward to retiring from here, I'm not going anywhere else.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Union Hospital
Non stop - 40 hours is not enough
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 14, 2016
This position needed to be Union, or Salaried for what work was done, not hourly. This was a 60 hr a week job easily.
My immediate supervisor was a joke. No one liked him, and that included his equals, and his peers!! That's gotta say something for how he treated people he supervised! I did like some of the employees, that I got to work with. The Administration in one specific NW Salem location not so much. There is a lot of things that you have to "learn" in this position that others don't get. When trying to follow procedures, and supply, plus delay in delivery they do not care. It's a thankless position, that goes unnoticed. I took pride in my work, and helping is what brought me to this position.

Non stop working from the second I got there, and it didn't stop no matter what was "scheduled" for that day. Even being after hours away from work, I'd be thinking about it. I did love my job there, too bad it had to end.
Pros
Pay & medical benefits
Cons
Workload / no support from immediate supervisor
Inspiring Workplace
Or - Lab Runner (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 13, 2016
Working at Kaiser Permanente was a pleasure and wonderful opportunity. Coworkers inspired me to aim for higher goals and were wiling to help me achieve such goals. The atmosphere was professional. I enjoyed that each member of Kaiser works really hard towards providing the best quality health care for each patient.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
short breaks
Kaiser Takes Good Care of their Patients!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Have an amazing work flow, always enough staff on duty. Quite busy, but i didn't mind. I like to keep myself occupied and work at a fast/sufficient pace.
professional and team work environment
Licensed Registered Respiratory Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 12, 2016
morning get reported of assigned patients, perform respiratory treatments, patients assessments throughout my shift
Pros
free lunches, team work
Cons
not enough staff
Dietary work is hard
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Food prep so you are on your feet all day, you have to stay on schedule or the meals will be late. Delivering meals helps you get to know the hospital staff.
Pros
Free lunch and healthcare
Cons
On you feet all day
A Thriving Culture
DI Receptionist/Cashier I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Kaiser is a fantastic company to work for. They are very focused on the work/life balance and strive to make your life more healthy.
Pros
Healthy choices, Healthy food
Cons
getting time off/dept policy
Wonderful company with outstanding vision
Sr. Staff Assistant - Administration (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2016
KP is the model for health care for a a reason, they are primarily concerned with taking desicive action with focus on prevention.
Pros
zero co-pay benefits, access to PCP and specialties
Cons
only in select markets
Relaxed Environment
Service Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Working with Kaiser was a great learning experience. I learned more about behind the scenes of insurance. I also learned new software skills, as well as data entry.
typicla day
Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Customer service base work. Deal with different type of people on a daily basis. On your feet for 8 hours in a day. Co workers were easy to deal with. Hardest part is dealing with incompetent customers who are in need of their medications.
Ok Company to work for.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2016
Reviewed Claims for both Professional and Hospital Billings, Update Personal information, verify patient coverage and procedure was done.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
How Management treats everyone differently.
good
Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day was very very demanding because of the high volume and complexity of the work. The thing that I learned was the ability to maintain a high level of concentration. Management was also OK they had some good managers. My coworkers were also highly skilled. The hardest part about the job was just showing up. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I provided the best patient care possible.
Nice and Professional, Stable Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2016
Fast pace environment. Learned different infomation on patient's types of insurances. Management very fair, understanding and accomodating for patients as well as staff. Co-workers, team players, easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job you must do your all, above and beyond to satisfy each and every patient or customer. Most enjoyable for me working with people that work together and handling all challenges that come my way in a calm and professional manner, knowing that I can handle the job and make the employer happy and satisfied with my work performance.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Excellent experiences working with patients.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Great experiences assisting those in need of care. It does get busy assisting patient care however, it builds integrity and character. It's always great assisting patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Bias, retaliation actions by Managaement

4.2