Kaiser Permanente
1,779 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Current workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakland, CaliforniaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: small bonus
Typical corporate america environment. KP is going though a lot of change.
kaiser permanente
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: got take hour breaks with new friends
Cons: no cons
It was really easy cool summer job meeting new people.i Iearned alot that summer job got to do new things, a very good enjoyable time, it was a learning experience.
Contract Position
Pharmacy Deployment Trainer (contract) (Former Employee), Livermore, CAOctober 2, 2014
Since I was only contracted for 90 days, I'm unable to give a thorough review. I will say that we were able to complete the project ahead of time. Management seen our strengths and positioned us to be in the right areas at the right time.
Fun place to work for.
Desktop Support Technician Contractor (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 1, 2014
Fun place to work for, but no job security if you are in IT. Hard to get a permanent job and benefits.
Great leadership
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 1, 2014
Pros: good, friendly people to work with.
You are on the phones with customers or you are on the production line. I have learned it is essential to check and double your work. The management and co-workers are great. The hardest part is learning the new system that is in place. The most enjoyable part is the pay and benefits and you are busy all of the time.
Hospital admitting
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2014
Admit patients. Collect insurance, fees and patient information. Enter all information into computer. Direct patients to rooms and other areas of hospital.
Secure Place to work.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: politics
Great benefits, excellent pay. Awesome workplace for advancement opportunities. Diverse colleagues, sometimes lacks communication. Long hours and difficult to have a work/life balance.
Professional and Wonderful workplace
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unpaid internship
A Typical day of work consisted of me checking in and retreving charts that were prepared the day before.
Meet and Greet Patients following procedured and working.
Good company
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: in the dtc area
Very busy. Learn to handle Change Windows. Co-workers are good people.
Kaiser
PC Refresh Technician/Consulting Contract (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: very organized place to work
Cons: night hours were hard to cope with
Manage incoming and outgoing assets, image/build/deploy Pc/Laptops with KP’s imaging /building/network tools to upgrade a 2000 end user hardware environment, collaborate with teammates to identify process improvements, escalate issues when arise and collaborate with the local Senior Desktop Technician on failures and incidents resolution through Remedy – more... ticketing system.

I learned a methodology to deploy hardware, to all ER, and ICU units without down time.

Worked as a close team with 5 outgoing individuals

The schedule hours were at night.

Kaiser is a very good place to work and there are a lot ways to advance your career – less
Just a job
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: treated contractor poorly
Cons: only there to do a job
i was treated poorly as a contractor, they are very big, have to much politics
Great culture
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Kaiser is a great place to work. The people I work with are great.
Work is tough life is tough, but when you love your job that makes it so much easier.
30 Plus years with Kaiser
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Typical day consists of Case Manager for approximately 12 patients each day. Work closely with the doctor for each patient and help to create a discharge plan and execute it.
Looking for a different environment and a new challenge.
Great work environment
WARD CLERK TRANSCRIBER (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: great pay/ great benefits
Cons: sick leave policies/ management
I loved how this place was constantly busy, it made me feel like we were actually doing something for the community/people. My co-workers were great. There was room for improvement in certain areas such as management but overall i worked the 10 best years of my life.
externship
Student / Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 24, 2014
This was just for my externship for school. I enjoyed the atmosphere and would love to work for this company.
Informative and Helpful
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: teaching atmosphere, caring staff
Cons: can't think of any
I worked at Kaiser as a student intern. I loved the inpatient atmosphere and the staff was wonderful. It was a great teaching environment and easy to balance the work requirements with the schooling demands.
Personally, professionally, emotionally, financially excellent place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Panorama City, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: annual salary raise, bonus, whole hospital family gathering, good health care benefits for the whole family, good retirement benefits, professional advancement benefits, tuition reembursement and many more to count
Cons: sometimes under staff that gives more load to staff on duty
It is fun to work at Kaiser. Every time I work before in Kaiser, my co workers and I have great team work, great communication with each other and plan of care to patient are smoothly carried out through out the whole shift because we helped each other in anything so that we can all get out of time and then we go out and eat our breakfast altogether – more... specially during salary day to pamper ourselves and give ourselves a reward for such a job well done! – less
Productive and Excellent Patient Care System
Licensed Phlebotomist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: providing quality care
Cons: see patients pass on..
I preformed blood draws from ages new born through geriatric, I worked on the floors with patients in both isolated and non isolated rooms as well and performed Ekg's, centrifuge machine and processed specimens.

I learned to how to preform a occult blood test as well as hair& urine drug screens.

I worked very hard and maintained a good relation ship – more... with Management, as well as my fellow co workers.

The hardest part of my job was having to go home " I Loved my Job"..

the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting patients from all over the world and learning mew cultures. Most of all I enjoyed performing phlebotomy and turning tears into smiles.. – less
Senior Preceptorship (Former Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 22, 2014
Great staff with good team work ethic, great learning environment
Amazing Place to Work
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee), Downey, CASeptember 21, 2014
Amazing Place to Work, I have learned a lot and got opportunity to work on multiple projects in short time

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos