Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 4,107 reviews matching the search
Bad Management
Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Largo and Camp Spings, MarylandFebruary 7, 2017
I worked in 2 Urgent care locations in Maryland transfering from one to another due to poor management and felt like I went from the frying pan into the fire! Loved the pay and benefits but the management was so poor it caused a fearful work environment for all the staff. I couldn't work in such a toxic environment.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Great work environment
Lab III (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Each day at Kaiser we focused on finding new ways to continue being the top health care provider. This allowed for an environment to be able to express yourself. As well as, room for improving the company. I learned about the importance of team work, and being able to work well with other. There way a big difference in the departments that recognized this. The management were excellent. They have always been their for me with person matters, education leave, or whatever was going on. As well as personable. Kaiser is very multicultural. I love to learn, so working with many different cultures opened my eyes to many things that I was not aware of. The hardest part of the job was reminding myself I am human. I hate making mistakes. I take it very personal by being hard on myself. I love food. Everyone at the job loved food just as much as I do. So everyday we found new places to eat.
Pros
health care, education programs
Cons
raises
KP is a great place to work
Department Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2017
KP is dedicated to strategic planning and quality patient care. I worked typically 50-55 hours per week as a manager. I really enjoyed the people I worked with.
highly multi task
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 5, 2017
it is a highly demanding fast working environment with high expectation but the company pays well and the benefits are great as well as the pay there is also plenty of opportunity to grow.
benefits
Cons
short lunches
Excellent salary and benefits
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Worked at WLA and Sunset I found the people very nice and helpful. The respect given with team player collaboration is always encouraged. Loved working here and would tell others to work there.
Pros
Medical coverage and percentage from employer to 401k.
Working with people
CERTIFIED RADIOLOGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Working as a radiology tech and working with the people I work with are like a family.Meeting people and helping him to get better.Getting up to go to work each is a is great.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Productive and Great Environment!
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2017
I miss working for Kaiser Permanente! If I had the opportunity to go back, I won't hesitate. I love the environment, how my department used to work and the benefits??? WOW! Better than ever. Hope someday I will get to go back.
Pros
Holiday bonus, compensation, Birthday celebrations
An excellent learning environment that is culturally inclusive.
RN Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2017
My work day included open communication,staff meetings and sharing of big data associated with my position as a nurse. It was definitely a team driven experience.
Pros
breaks and lunches honored
Cons
shaort staffing at times
I enjoy the diversity
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I feel very lucky to have been given a chance to work with one of the largest HMOS, I have been allowed to learn and grow with the company, I've learned how to be flexible and to adapt to changes, as Kaiser has implemented many changes in the 12 years I've been apart of the company.
Pros
Diverse place with great people, great benefits and a lot of room for advancement.
Cons
The facilities aren't clean.
great place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2017
I really appreciated my co-workers. We all worked hard to perform the tasks needed. With the help of all we continued to provide patients with the upmost care and appreciation. I would love to work for this organization again.
exciting
Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDFebruary 2, 2017
worked in fast-paced high volume call center. assisted and resolved member disputes. assisted medicare eligible members to assign their insurance to kaiser permanente
Pros
great benefit
Cons
short breaks
Great Place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Very organized and time conscientious. The charge staff is caring and react in "real time".. It would be a blessing to work here!
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2017
Kaiser Permanente provides a lot of training and development opportunities. Great organization to work for. Lots of upward mobility
good HMO-ahead of their time in regards to computerized charting and preventative health
Transition/Chronic /Senior Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2017
good experience to learn managed care process
frequent mid level management staff changes so expectations/goals and processess constantly changing.
Excellent c\are given to patients by all levels of providers
Pros
doing managed care right
Cons
constant change
It's a beautiful hospital
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I'ts a beautiful and clean hospital. Everyone is very friendly including the staff The staff welcomed me with open arms as I started my journey as a volunteer at the gift shop and at the information desk at Kaiser Permenante Hospital
great place to grow your career
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
It was not great working here as a travel nurse but everyone was very friendly and kaiser really takes care of their own. It just sucked as a travel nurse because they only give you 2 days to get oriented to everything before giving you a full patient load and floating you as soon as they need to. As a traveler, you will be first to float, and since everything at kaiser is about seniority, you will never get downstaffed, and you will always get last pick to put in time off schedule.
Great co-workers, good salary and benifit package
Physicians Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Good Employer, Negative Poor Manager. I enjoyed my interaction with all the physicians. My manager is the biggest reason I left Kaiser. I really enjoyed my time there, except for this individual.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Manager
Great
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work. Management does not micro manage, & they have a great compensation package. They have a great work culture. I really enjoy working here but I am looking for supplemental income.
Active, educated and a highly skilled workplace.
Medicine Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2017
- A typical day at work consisted of filing, answering phones, delivering mail, shadowing different doctors, stocking and databases
- Fairly simple, didn't learn anything new. It was basic skills and knowledge.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the doctors and to shadow them in their profession.
Excellent Place to Work
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Ive been an on call employee for Kaiser for 6 years. It has provided me with some much needed income and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Bureaucratic Nonsense

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2