Kaiser Permanente
1,788 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Training Operations Intermediate (Current Employee), Corona, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: members
Them most enjoyable part of the job is working with people. I arrive at 8am ready to work.
Wonderful company
Tele Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax VAOctober 5, 2014
I loved working at Kaiser, but I had to leave because it was very difficult trying to get to work first shift. So I had to leave and find another company. I would go back if I can get an early shift
Excellent pay with good benefits, but working conditions & management is not the best.
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee), Manteca, CAOctober 5, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the patient feeling better & appreciates the care you have given him. Hardest part of the job is when you know you have worked so hard & done your best in certain situations but still you get written up for documentation.
Right place to acquire hands on the Laboratory training
Medical Laboratory Intern (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2014
I have met the most professional and ethical laboratory scientists in the top hospital of SD. I learned the basic skills and more than the MLT program required me to. This is the perfect location to start develop what you are told in school and put in practice. Most of the staff would be able to explain and share different experiences.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: work schedule, flexibility, career advancement
I have worked here for almost 10 years now and have learned a lot from fellow co-workers and doctor's. Management has always worked with my school schedule and encouraged me to pursue my career in nursing. Some days can be a little challenging due to sick calls or just being busy, but we always pull through and work as a team.
productive and best place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2014
I worked from 7:00am to 3:30pm.For almost 8 years of my service, I learned a lot. We always have an annual in service training. Although, working in the hospital is always busy, I learned to adjust and practice my time management. As a float pool PCT, I learned to adjust to whatever the needs of the unit. I learned to communicate well and worked as – more... a team. I followed directions from my superior. The hardest part of my job is our patients assignment. I want to provide the best quality service to our clients but sometimes it's really hard to do that, especially when they needed you most at the same time. But because, Nursing is my dream and my passion, even though ,it's really hard to work in the hospital, I still enjoyed working in the hospital.
Kaiser is one of the best place to work. They always promoting the best quality service to all their members and their families as well. – less
High volume call center
Customer service (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 3, 2014
Cool place to work, high volume call center. Needed to work every weekend.
Professional colleagues
Quality Assurance Technical Test Leader (Former Employee), Latham, NYOctober 3, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: sometimes difficult to maintain work/life balance
The best part about working at Kaiser Permanente was the professionalism and expertise of my colleagues. All were hard-working, dedicated over-achievers whose attention to quality was beyond expectations.
Great company to work for
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Manteca, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: staff members that i work with
Cons: small hospital with not as many diverse patient populations
-Management are great to work with and friendly with scheduling
-Typical work is: dispensing, verifying ED, medsurg, and other floors orders, compounding medication, adjust sub-acute medications (dig, dilantin levels, carbamezapine), adjust vanco and aminoglycosides. In addition, consult patient's on their medications at discharge.
-Most enjoyable part – more... of the job is the staff memebers I work with and the patient care that we serve. Also the nurses and doctors are friendly and very cooperative.
-Hardest part of the job is trying to multitask different clinical task in the 8-10 hours that you have. – less
Current workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakland, CaliforniaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: small bonus
Typical corporate america environment. KP is going though a lot of change.
kaiser permanente
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: got take hour breaks with new friends
Cons: no cons
It was really easy cool summer job meeting new people.i Iearned alot that summer job got to do new things, a very good enjoyable time, it was a learning experience.
Contract Position
Pharmacy Deployment Trainer (contract) (Former Employee), Livermore, CAOctober 2, 2014
Since I was only contracted for 90 days, I'm unable to give a thorough review. I will say that we were able to complete the project ahead of time. Management seen our strengths and positioned us to be in the right areas at the right time.
Fun place to work for.
Desktop Support Technician Contractor (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 1, 2014
Fun place to work for, but no job security if you are in IT. Hard to get a permanent job and benefits.
Great leadership
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 1, 2014
Pros: good, friendly people to work with.
You are on the phones with customers or you are on the production line. I have learned it is essential to check and double your work. The management and co-workers are great. The hardest part is learning the new system that is in place. The most enjoyable part is the pay and benefits and you are busy all of the time.
Hospital admitting
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 30, 2014
Admit patients. Collect insurance, fees and patient information. Enter all information into computer. Direct patients to rooms and other areas of hospital.
Secure Place to work.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: diversity
Cons: politics
Great benefits, excellent pay. Awesome workplace for advancement opportunities. Diverse colleagues, sometimes lacks communication. Long hours and difficult to have a work/life balance.
Professional and Wonderful workplace
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unpaid internship
A Typical day of work consisted of me checking in and retreving charts that were prepared the day before.
Meet and Greet Patients following procedured and working.
Good company
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: in the dtc area
Very busy. Learn to handle Change Windows. Co-workers are good people.
Kaiser
PC Refresh Technician/Consulting Contract (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: very organized place to work
Cons: night hours were hard to cope with
Manage incoming and outgoing assets, image/build/deploy Pc/Laptops with KP’s imaging /building/network tools to upgrade a 2000 end user hardware environment, collaborate with teammates to identify process improvements, escalate issues when arise and collaborate with the local Senior Desktop Technician on failures and incidents resolution through Remedy – more... ticketing system.

I learned a methodology to deploy hardware, to all ER, and ICU units without down time.

Worked as a close team with 5 outgoing individuals

The schedule hours were at night.

Kaiser is a very good place to work and there are a lot ways to advance your career – less
Just a job
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: treated contractor poorly
Cons: only there to do a job
i was treated poorly as a contractor, they are very big, have to much politics

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos