Kaiser Permanente
2,290 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Productive fast-paced workplace
Unit Based Team Mentor Medical Asssistant (Current Employee), Vancouver WaMay 7, 2015
I enjoy working with the KP family. Compassion is our care. I enjoy making a difference in the patient's life. Busy fast-paced ambulatory schedule. HEDIS focused medical practice.
quality care and great work environment
Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 7, 2015
Pros: supportive of growth within
Cons: very specialized
Working at Kaiser was a great experience for me. I got a chance to learn a lot and move up from the position that I originally started with. The company and management is very encouraging and supportive of achieving new heights and obtaining new skills. I worked with great staff and management. Very productive and stress free environment.
KP!
Appointment Service Rep (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 6, 2015
I was very sad to leave KP. I love all the people there. I've never worked for a company that was so flexible with me, my hours, and my family life. They're truly an amazing staff. I'm proud that I got to experience a work environment run so smoothly. The schedulers will always work with you, if it's to go to dance class or be there for an award for your children. Super flexible with hours. Oh, and they pay great too! The supervisors are very friendly and make you feel welcomed.
Fast-paced dental offices. Great experiences with treating a wide variety of patients.
EFDA Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 6, 2015
Very busy dental offices, great staff, great job security. Kaiser serves a vide variety of patients, providing excellent care!
Nice place to work.
Clinical Laboratory Staff Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2015
At Kaiser you need to work very closely with others and learn how to adapt to others different types of work style and personalities.
It is a nice place to work for with good benefits and a nice environment.
Not for profit heathcare
Web Support & Developer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Long view strategic vision
Cons: Not as agile as some companies
Right values, right goals, right attitude about what they are in business to do. A strong culture of diversity and inclusion.
as standds
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Harbor City, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: liked the doctor i worked with
Cons: management sucks
don't work there. management bad, co-workers uncaring, hard going to a place where patients don't come first. knowing i gave each patient the best care each and every time.
Summer Youth Intern
Volunteer (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAMay 6, 2015
Great hands on experience in the medical field! It was a good opportunity to have to get a chance to look at the health field and gain some knowledge. On top of that it is a paid internship which is a plus.
great place
Emergency Receptionist/Security (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMay 5, 2015
Learned to think on my feet, taught customer service and patience as well. Had to be prepared for any and everything in the Emergency Dept.
great
Temporary job- Phlebotomist, Salem Labs (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 5, 2015
job was enjoyable. good company to work for and learn from. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to gain experience!
Large company consolidating and implementing best practices.
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMay 5, 2015
Call Center manager of over 200 staff. Implemented new software systems and assisted with training and scheduled classes during non-peak times.
ItI was a very enjoyable working situation. There were a lot of different things we enjoyed throughout the year.
Medical transcriptionist II (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORMay 5, 2015
I loved my work and always strived for perfection. I very much enjoyed the many diverse specialties involved. I got along very well with my co-workers. My job involved straight transcription and I truly enjoyed that much more than editing. I have been retired for about a year and miss medical transcription very much.
Productive workplace
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Downey, CAMay 3, 2015
Working at Marshall's gave me full time work experience, my normal day was to tag items, handle go-bags, keep store floor clear of any items. I didn't to much have an enjoyable part, its work.
small setting, fast paced but manageable
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 2, 2015
great benefits and great growth
not looking to settle in pharmacy but it seems I can branch out to other locations and regions within this company.Looking forward to stay here long term and better position with career growth
Free gym membership
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good benefits. Nice people to work with.
Cons: Workload can be very heavy.
Heavy workload and fast paced. Very good colleagues to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaboration with colleagues to get the job done which gives me a sense of accomplishment.
Productive Job.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Concord,Ca.April 30, 2015
Pros: Cheap lunch prices
Cons: Long commute.
Provide great customer service to customers and staff. Be patient with upset customers. Communicate with your coworkers to get the job done. Sometimes we have overtime that will help you make more money. Understanding managers and flexible with my schedule.
great team
Triage nurse (Current Employee), Modesto, CaApril 30, 2015
I work with RN's, LMFT's, LCSW's on our triage team; we work together to assist members throghout CVA for Psychiatry Triage, adult, child and CDR programs.
primary ph calls; welfare checks to PD. respond to psych issues throughout region from call centers.
great management and team work.
hardest part sometimes pace and urgency.
truly enjoyable; I enjoy crisis type of work; the acuity.
I love my job! If you can become permanent your golden!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), USApril 29, 2015
Pros: lots if your not a temp
Cons: Temporary worker, working against union lots of really snobby permanent employees.
I've been a temp for a while and absolutely love MY job! My direct supervisor is great but upper management, like most large corporations have no clue what is going on the "front lines" often implementing procedures that make no sense. Kaiser is ran very militant and most departments are micromanaged. They are very unorganized and it's an every man for themselves type of environment. You are working with tons of union employees who have been there for 25 years + who are lazy, well paid, rude and don't have to do their jobs because they are protected by the union. I came to Kaiser with the best of attitudes, thinking becoming a temp would get my foot in the door to become permanent. I hate to have such a poor attitude but after a while its hard to get optimistic. I love working with the members and you get to meet lots of really cool people.
KP Healthconnect
Technical Lead Application Coordinator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, advancing healthcare through technology
Cons: Budgets are shrinking, decreasing collaboration amongst teams
KP Healthconnect continues to blaze new trails with EMR implementation and utilization. Flexible schedule for most application coordinators but very few opportunities for advancement withing the EMR team (Healthconnect).
I LOVE working on the Kaiser Permanente Team!
DIABETES CASE MANAGER, REGIONAL TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 29, 2015
Respectful, professional employer, empowers team members to thrive at home and work. Pushes us to deliver excellent care to every member every time.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries