Kaiser Permanente
2,290 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 29, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for advancement, coalition of unions, great medical, dental, and retirement plans.
Cons: Healthcare can be difficult.
I worked for Kaiser for 15 years and am still a loyal member. My managers and co-workers were hard working and always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned a lot in my time at Kaiser, time management and critical thinking skills, just to name a few. The hardest part of my job is that some days it was unpredictable (the nature of healthcare). The best and most enjoyable part of the job was that I knew no matter how crazy it got, we were all in it together.
I was in this field for 18+ years and I was ready for something else, but I miss everyone there and still have close friendships with them all.
leading company of healthcare industry
Financial Project Manager (Current Employee), Downey, CAApril 27, 2015
Leading company of healthcare industry. Good for the patients.
Work environment/culture can be varies depending on different team management.
average
Regional Advice Nurse (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 27, 2015
Pros: 45 minute lunch, co-workers, speaking to my patients
Cons: they are moving our location 45 minutes further away, unstable management
When I get to work there are about 10 calls waiting to be answered. My triage skills were sharpened much more as I had to rely on different senses other than vision and touch. Our management is constantly changing. I just lost my CEO that was in charge of the entire building I work in an that was a true loss. Morale has taken a big dive recently as management has not been stable. I have had 6 supervisors in the time I have worked there. My co-workers are great. for the most part people do not talk negatively about one another which is very refreshing. The worst part about my co-workers is the high turn over and I get to missing the people i so enjoy working with. The hardest part of my job is the instability of management. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help my patients to feel better or to put them at ease if they are having a difficult day.
I learned a lot
Y2K Remediation (Former Employee), Permanente, CAApril 27, 2015
I was a contract employee, but I learned quite a bit on how to be a better Technician.

I really was allowed develop processes and I was given the opportunity make them work.
Great
Site Support Specialist IV (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 27, 2015
I LOVED to work for Kaiser. Great People, and GREAT Company! I loved working with the leads in each Department I supported. Not only the leads, but EVERYONE there. When we first started our Department, out team was a GREAT grpou of people, and we supported eachother 10000000% Thank you!
Hard work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
This was a pretty basic supply chain job. Nothing too special about it, but it was hard work. Fast passed and high endurance.
Kaiser Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: large and complex, lack of accountability
Large organization that can be inefficient in making timely, well planned decisions. Org suffers from too many bottlenecks, lack of planning and accountability. Can be a frustrating place to work if you are interested in moving faster and making fact based decisions.
Contractor
Business Analyst / Case Management (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 26, 2015
Wonderful company. Great location. Proper procedures in place, very secure. I would return if the opportunity presents itself.
Exciting events everyday
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Antioch, CaliforniaApril 25, 2015
Pros: When are quota was met, there was always free lunches
Cons: The only cons were when the staff was short
I have learned how to work in a fast-paced environment and still stay calm, and do my job effectively and with care. I also learned how to work well in difficult situations. The hardest part of the job when there were times when everybody couldn't be pleased. The most enjoyable part of the day when the Pharmacy Service Manager came on the line to help the employees fill and pull prescriptions.
Excellent workplace
ED Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 25, 2015
Working in the ER was not the right fit for me. I loved working for Kaiser, but part of my job description was collecting money from loved ones that were very critical and some had passed. I found this very depressing and found myself getting too emotional. I am a people person and really connected with my patients.
Great Team Moral
HR Pay and Benefits Analyst Intermediate (Current Employee), Alameda, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: healthcare, salary, work hours
Kaiser is a fun place to work for. The team Managers are great and the people you work with are excited to be apart of Kaiser.
Very creative atmosphere with talented professions.
Chemical Dependency Recovery Counselor / MFT (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great team work and continuing education.
Cons: Due to hospital wide improvements and changes, the learning curve was at times difficult.
A typical day involved meetings with colleagues for appropriate continuity of care for patients, organizing supplies and multi-media for meetings and groups to be held throughout the shift, facilitating group / individual sessions and completing computer based clinical chart notes.
Management in the Chemical Dependency Department of Kaiser-Sunset was exceptionally well organized and the staff members were highly skilled, patient and were a joy to collaborate with on a daily basis.
The most difficult part of the job was working with EAP County employees, for example, who were being forced to attend the program or lose their jobs for a positive drug and/or alcohol test. In turn, one of the most rewarding aspects of the job followed this resistance when those same resistant patients came to terms with their addiction and success in their sobriety.
Productive and fun work place
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Very friendly place to work
Learned a lot about working with and managing cross functional teams and external vendors. The hardest part of the job is to get the required resource and align the schedule with Trading Partners (TPA) and cordinating their work.
Dedicated worker and worked harmoniously with Team members and the other staff members
Full Time Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Woodland hillsApril 23, 2015
Pros: fairly higher compensation in the community of medical facilities
Cons: night shift has gotten too much
It is a very busy environment which makes the shift go fast.
The company is dedicated to excellent patient care and behind
every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals in every facility you work in.
My life for 18 years
Medical Assistant/Care Manager (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CAApril 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Plenty opportunities to grow. I actually can say I was happy to go to work, I have the best co worker/friends ever.
Great people to work with, great learning atmosphere.
Desktop Support Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
I went in with little knowledge. I learned more about the world of IT and am a better tech for it.

The seniors are the best in the business.
This was my internship
Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Brookpark, ohioApril 22, 2015
Pros: intership
Cons: Not the correct place for me, wasn't fast paced enough.
Just before I graduated with my Associate's Degree, I was placed here for internship. I was very unhappy here with the lack of things they had for me to do.

I had a cubicle and felt important but I was nothing but a gofer to the people actually working there.
Kaiser can be a great place to work
Mammographer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Regional Administration having luncheons when goals are met, being complimented by my spuervisor during a staff meeting.
Cons: Having a busy schedule with out direct help where other centers not having a busy schedule get help
I enjoy my job.. I truly enjoy work with my patients. Talking with them about the exam being done and the main reasons for the exam. Some had questions which I answered as best I could or told her where she might get more information.
I learned more about the types of breast cancer, better ways to image that type and how treatment may vary.
My management were great to work with. Any suggestion I had for better patient care or a change within the department, my supervisor listened.to it. If it was not an option I would have a reason why. Yet appreciated for my suggestion.
I have great co-workers. Whether they worked with me in Mammography or not they were there to assist if they could.This included bringing my patients back and having them change for me. They would help with the paperwork when they could
Very encouraging environment
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Working for a very respectable health care company
Cons: Call center environment
Working at Kaiser Permanente was extremely enjoyable and fulfilling. What I learned most at this job was interpersonal skills. Consistently dealing with members on a daily basis allowed me to develop excellent customer service skills as well.
Amazing and rewarding place to work.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Ontario, CAApril 21, 2015
Working for Kaiser was the best working experience for me. It payed well and benefits were amazing.Ive learned alot along my journey of working with Kaiser for 7 years. Im really sad I left.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries