Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

It worked as a temporary job for income while I was looking to relocate to another city.
Phone Advise Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2017
I became very good using the computer while helping patients get the care they needed over the phone. I was able to get them quick medical attention when they needed it.
Pros
work hours weren't long
Cons
had to work every other weekend and holidays
Largest Heathcare
IT Director of Infrastructure Services (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80111November 3, 2017
There are lots of remote IT workers. It takes some time to learn all the teams and their functions. The mission is noble and most of the people sincerely care.
Pros
The mission is noble and most of the people sincerely care
Cons
Lots of dotted lines
limited advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2017
no development for promotion - recruiting and HR are in charge of dept hiring and don't take into account the managers requests/requirements for what they need in their department - hard for external to get interview and internal to get any interviews for other positions as well
very nepotistic atmosphere as well to go to another KP department
Nice coworkers, very strict policys
Travel Nurse in Postpartum (Current Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 3, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy and usually short staffed. The management was ok. The educator they had was not very helpful. Workplace culture was moral was down, overworked, and tired. The hardest part of my job was understaffing. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting very nice people from housekeeping to RN's to MD's.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks, and some charge nurses were not very useful
Radiology Transcriptionist
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working for Kaiser Permanente Hospital Radiology Department from 1999 through 2008. I was an independent contractor and worked remotely. The company I worked for was Southcoast Transcription, and there were approximately 10 to 12 employees. We were paid a per line rate. Unfortunately we all got laid off when the hospital went to voice recognition software.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
No cons
long work hours. Good compensation management mixed good with some not so much
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2017
Work/ life balance needs improvent high expectations on salaried managementioned positions

Relaxed environment and good team building and compensation is excelent but very competitive at manager level
Pros
Compensation benefits excellent
Cons
Too cut throat in management
Nice place to work
Service Unit Manager I (Non-RN) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a nice place to work, depending on what department one is working for. A typical day is full of busy work, and tons of learning opportunities, depending on the position. However, overall Kaiser Permanente is a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice compensation and learning oppourtunities
Cons
Depends on the job
I love my job
MEMBER OUTREACH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 3, 2017
Its very face paced and intense..Personal care is important.. Putting out your best on a daily is what we strive for. I answer a lot of personal questions regarding care
Pros
location
Cons
more money
Decent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2017
I don't recall much since it's been awhile since I've worked there. I learned a lot and liked many aspects. I wasn't a fan of having to be in a union as a nurse because it tied my hands in many ways.
Calm yet fast paced work environment
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 2, 2017
While I enjoyed my short time there, and would gladly accept a position there again, I was sad to see they were unwilling to work with my having a death in the family where I was required to relocate for a short time to care for another family member due to the death.

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
Credentials Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Many employees have worked there for more than ten years. It is a fast paced environment. Very strict on attendance policies. Good benefits for full time employees.

Management like to hire their friends for positions rather than hire more experienced candidates.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Low department morale, hostile environment
Nurse Practitioners (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 2, 2017
KP Washington is new, having acquired Group Health Cooperative. I worked for Group Health for 9 years prior. There are some bumps as changes happen, but overall a good experience.
CVOR is not easy as a traveler
Surgical Technologist CVOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 2, 2017
I think Kaiser would have been a better experience if I had not been doing CVOR. It was very Clicky and stressful. I would not suggest working in CV there.
Great pay, but very stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
Avoid management. Very corrupt environment where half of the staff is there because they had some connection to someone and not based on being an outstanding candidate. Few do the work for most of the others. Great benefits and great pay, but unbelievably frustrating dealing with the politics.
Pros
Money
Cons
Corrupt
The company as a whole
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 2, 2017
good long term company but it can be very political. This company is very black and white. Sometimes the company is not as loyal to you as you are to them.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
Physician driven
Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Participated in the Claims Department. Managers are more concerned about bonuses. Although I was a contractor felt that they were not very loyal to good hardworking contractor. I was not allowed to charge for overtime but, to complete assignments overtime was required.
Pros
Employess are dedicated
Cons
Managers are not qualified
Big organization but good people
Health Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2017
This large, old organization makes up for it's somewhat siloed nature by hiring good people who really caring for the members. If you don't like big orgs it might not be a good fit.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
siloed
Temp Job
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 2, 2017
This was a internship and not really a job position. It was great and the people who worked there were very professional and great to work with. Thank you for your interest in the position and have a great day.
Good work balance
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 2, 2017
Nice place to work for a clinic setting and opportunity for growth and learning due to the multiple departments available there. Management is also balanced.
Great benefits and good pay
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Competitive pay and good benefits. Everyone are employees in Kaiser so mainly treatment is the same for all employees. The hardest part of the job is at times it's hard to request for off as seniority is the priority on granting off.
Pros
paid vacation and life balance
Cons
hard to request for days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2