Kaiser Permanente
1,567 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Every day is an adventure
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 13, 2014
I love working for this company which is why I have been affilated for over 10 years. You can move up if you stay focused and show your dedication.
A Day at Kaiser
Assist in ordering drugs (Current Employee), Kensington, MDJune 13, 2014
• Assist the pharmacist by entering and filling Rx’s and help with patient consultation and satisfaction.

• Assist in ordering drugs through Amerisource Bergen & McKesson and assisting the Pharmacy, Internal

Medicine, and Surgery Department with drug inventory. Helping with Drug recalls, computer entering.

•One of the 5 Lead Pharmacy Technicians.
Great experience
Clinical Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Manteca, CAJune 13, 2014
Pros: many opportunities for advancement
Cons: i was a student
I enjoyed working in the Adult Family Medicine department. I received through training and was accepted as part of the Kaiser family while doing my Externship.
A good parking lot for non-ambitious professionals
Program Manager, IT Process Excellence(Contract) (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 11, 2014
Consensus-drive, bureaucratic culture with a complicated corporate structure. A great example of what's wrong with healthcare in the US and why healthcare is so expensive
Clinical Laboratory Runner (Former Employee), Oakland,caJune 11, 2014
Pros: amicable environment
Cons: communication among managment
The laboratory department was a friendly environment. Everyone was very diligent in their work and knowledgeable. Although There were people that have been there longer, they we very welcoming. Everyone took the time to answer any questions needed to be answered no matter if it was management or a fellow coworker.
worse job
Securitas Security Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2014
horrible environment to work in. I would never work there again
Kaiser was a very good place to work and that is why I stayed for 26 years
Audiologist (Former Employee), Largo, MDJune 11, 2014
Pros: job/work balance was very good; allowed part time options
Cons: very busy; only fair support from management
Busy audiology/ent office that saw infants through 100+ year old patients for hearing and balance assessment
Productive and nice people to work with.
Intern (Former Employee), Downey, CAJune 10, 2014
In the morning, I would deliver file to the emergency dept. and would file claims and put them into the Kaiser database. I would organize claims and mail them out. My manager was really nice and she made me feel like apart of the department and made me feel well accommodated. The hardest part of my job was staying in shape, due to the fact that everyone – more... kept bringing snack and all kinds of sweets and goodies to the office. The most enjoyable part is when the department didn't mind helping me and didn't treat me as a child, they treated as a fellow co-worker. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Care Experience Intern (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2014
Interning at Kaiser was a great experience. I was able to sit in numerous meetings and meet many leaders. I have learned in my department, the experience of the patient and their family during their stay at Kaiser is very important. In providing a safe and memorable stay at Kaiser, employees must work as a team and help each other to lighten each others – more... load. – less
Overview
IT Infrastructure Lead (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 10, 2014
Highly innovative, seasoned professional with over 15+ years of experience impacting enterprise bottom line and performance through expert alignment of technologies with corporate mission. Leverages technology to promote business efficiency. Provides senior leadership driving IT teams to deliver key initiatives in the areas of change management, SDLC – more... Process Management, and software release planning. Keen ability to break down complex challenges and deliver creative technology solutions focused on operational excellence. Available for relocation. – less
NICE PLACE TO WORK
ED TECH (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very busy
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, GOOD BENIFITS
VERY BUSY
LEARNED ALOT
VERY FRIENDLY ENVIORNMENT
HARDEST PART IS KNOWING HOW TO DEAL WITH STRESS
MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS HELPING PEOPLE FEEL BETTER
productive work enviorment
MEMBER SERVICES/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 10, 2014
Great management and amazing co-workers love and enjoy helping our kaiser members
Great Heart of a Company
Director (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 10, 2014
Pros: they care deeply about patients. best integrated health care in the southeast!
Cons: senior leaders can be very near sighted and close minded.
Overall great place to work. They hire way to many consultants and get little results for it.
You thrive when working at Kaiser!
IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: team player and focused in helping the community as well
Cons: n/a
Yes, a company who is dedicated in providing "there's a life at work" type of scenario! I really like working for Kaiser. Employees are happy and a lot of fun to work with.
great place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
Working at Kaiser Permanente is great, working with truly caring people. We all are one team no matter what dept you work in. We all put our members first. Great place to work.
cafe department
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 10, 2014
its a very fun place to work. everyone is very organized and friendly overall a good experience working in a professional place
A hospital that cares
On-Call Nutrition Partner (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2014
Great colleagues, quality patient care & extremely efficient/effective hospital.
A day in the Life at Kaiser
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: full benefits
Cons: union
Clock in for shift.
Meet with Dr/RN concerning daily patient load
Take down Voicemail
Prepare labels for photo documentation.
Prepare exam room for patient visit
Photo wound on foot or leg
Assist Dr with debridment
Wrap patients wound bandage
Review Chart information
Book several follow up appointments
Clean and prepare exam room for next patient

The – more... hardest thing about this job was watching patients struggle with their chronic wound that a lot of times don't get better and have to be amputated.

My co-workers worked closely with their own provider

Management available when needed.

Sharing in the success of healed wounds – less
Pediatric and Well babies care
WCH Float (Peds/ICN) RN (Former Employee), Bellflower, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: working with pediatrics and the parents.
Cons: changing from one floor to the other floor
On Pediatric Floor had 4 primary pediatric patients care. Provided pediatric care and worked with parents. Administered IV and PO medications, implemented physician orders. Assessed and documented patient information on paper charting. Educated patients and families of Diagnoses and treatment plan.
On ICN, worked with well babies and R/O Sepsis with – more... no IV administration. Mainly assessed, charted, fed and changed infants.
The hardest part of the job was changing from one floor to the other on a moments notice.
I enjoyed working with pediatrics and the parents trying to make their stay in the hospital a positive one. – less
The workplace can not be productive if your employees are not happy
Ca Unit Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2014
Pros: there is no free lunch
Cons: sometimes a short brake make a world of difrents
Kaiser is a grate place to work I have been there for a long time . Working with my co-workers is grate and so is my boss. I just want to see what else is out there , That give me a opportunity to develop new skills I just want to draw blood and or process specimen .

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos