Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 4,114 reviews matching the search
good HMO-ahead of their time in regards to computerized charting and preventative health
Transition/Chronic /Senior Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 2, 2017
good experience to learn managed care process
frequent mid level management staff changes so expectations/goals and processess constantly changing.
Excellent c\are given to patients by all levels of providers
Pros
doing managed care right
Cons
constant change
It's a beautiful hospital
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I'ts a beautiful and clean hospital. Everyone is very friendly including the staff The staff welcomed me with open arms as I started my journey as a volunteer at the gift shop and at the information desk at Kaiser Permenante Hospital
great place to grow your career
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2017
It was not great working here as a travel nurse but everyone was very friendly and kaiser really takes care of their own. It just sucked as a travel nurse because they only give you 2 days to get oriented to everything before giving you a full patient load and floating you as soon as they need to. As a traveler, you will be first to float, and since everything at kaiser is about seniority, you will never get downstaffed, and you will always get last pick to put in time off schedule.
Great co-workers, good salary and benifit package
Physicians Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Good Employer, Negative Poor Manager. I enjoyed my interaction with all the physicians. My manager is the biggest reason I left Kaiser. I really enjoyed my time there, except for this individual.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Manager
Great
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work. Management does not micro manage, & they have a great compensation package. They have a great work culture. I really enjoy working here but I am looking for supplemental income.
Active, educated and a highly skilled workplace.
Medicine Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2017
- A typical day at work consisted of filing, answering phones, delivering mail, shadowing different doctors, stocking and databases
- Fairly simple, didn't learn anything new. It was basic skills and knowledge.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the doctors and to shadow them in their profession.
Excellent Place to Work
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Ive been an on call employee for Kaiser for 6 years. It has provided me with some much needed income and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Bureaucratic Nonsense
good first job
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2017
good place to start. I joined KP after college and felt it was very good work/life balance. I would recommend it to people want an easy adjustment into living in the Bay Area
A great place to work
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Great people to work with and a never ending changing work day. A on going learning experience. New challenges every day. meeting new people from different background and places.
Excellent company
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 1, 2017
The best company I have ever worked for. They really take care of their employees and have their backs. This job was very flexible for me.
Friendly environment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJanuary 31, 2017
I loved experiencing my externship here, everyone was so helpful. The management was very nice and wanted to help every step of the way. As an MA in the Pediatrics, OB/GYN and Adult Medicine departments, you deal with a lot of emails from patients, phone calls and bringing patients back to do vitals, rooming and computer charting.
Pros
Hour long break, friendly people, productive
Cons
Lots of emails from patients
Unorganized and the training is not efficient
Tele Service rep (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 31, 2017
Kaiser pays well and the benefits are excellent. But they expect you to know everything in a matter of weeks. The training is not consistent.
Pros
Free health insurance and holiday pay is double time in a half
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work if you don't like to move jobs, but not if you like to innovate.
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Kaiser is a very respectful and caring place to work. My only dislike is that everything is so locked down that it is almost impossible to innovate.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too locked down.....impossible to innovate.
Depending on location the environment is carefree and fun and other locations the environment is stressful and uptight
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2017
Great place to work. Environment can be a little challenging to adapt to. Management in the department I work in has favorites and it's well known and causes problems.
Very fun place to have worked for
IT Technical Support, Refresh (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Typical day at work is always Fun, Laughter, close relationship with the Manager, supervisors and overall great environment.
-I learned how to install software that was incompatible with certain Windows, run scripts, create Batch files and overall learned how to become a better person by getting involved with many customers
-Management was always on top of things and always listened to your concerns and problems
-Workplace culture was fun since we had a variety of different cultures
-Hardest part of the job was sometimes not able to get issue resolved ASAP when customer needed it because due to software issues.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was always that the next day may be something different and would travel a lot to different locations to install PCs
Pros
Loved that people were friendly
Cons
it was only a contract for 2 years Max
Inspiring mission and commitment to provide high quality, affordable health care.
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Many employees have been there for decades, so it can be hard for newcomers. Very committed, smart employees, but the atmosphere is less than fun.
Wonderful Place To Work
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Kaiser provided a great foundation for my family and myself. I learned that a company that invests in its employees is a company worth staying with. The mentoring program provides employees the opportunity to pursue their career goals.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Good place to work if you are within the union. The benefits are great for all employes, pay is good if you are within a union as well.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
5 stAR
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 28, 2017
I give them 5 star because I learn how to work with specimans and in the office. Talking to the doctors. I learn many new things and it was a program for 5 months over the summer.
Company parties holiday parties free work attire BBQ day
Regional Courier (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood caJanuary 28, 2017
Good working place fast advance great benifits good medical payed vacations sick pay friendly personnel great overall working company
Pros
Great working place
Cons
N/A nothing bad to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2