Kaiser Permanente
2,393 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Good company
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 11, 2015
Creating a digital membership card that is going to be used as an equivalent to the current plastic/paper membership cards both internally to KP as well as externally. This card can be accessed from any smartphone that uses the iOS or an android operating system. This enables a KP member to login and view or cancel appointments, view membership info, other plan information and also helpful contact numbers that are tied to the plan for them or their proxies.
Fun and friendly place of business
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Carefree environment, very educational work and great skills were acquired
Cons: No cons
A typical day at work involved a variety of task because I supported 3 types of attorneys and one paralegal. I learned a variety of task supporting a Real Estate, Business and Labor and Employment attorney. I didn't deal a lot with management and my co-workers were awesome. We all worked together. I didn't really feel my job was hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone helped everyone.
Pleasant place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Very Professional Environment
Cons: Not enough overtime
Kaiser Permanente was a really nice place to work. Employees were all very friendly, fun to work with, and always willing to assist whenever necessary.
Too much drama
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), LakeviewJune 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad company, politics, gossip
I loved the doctor that I was assigned to work with. We had a great work relationship. Unfortunately the gossip and racial tension is too much. There are more people at Kaiser who hate their jobs than people who are there to help the patient. They move you along like cattle when your the patient. I've been on both ends. As a Medical Assistant /patient advocate I helped my patients navigate through the system when they needed help. Although I miss the doctor and my co-worker I do not miss the politics and gossip and would never go back to work for Kaiser.
Fun place to work
Sr. Certification Test Engineer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 9, 2015
I have always enjoyed working at this place. The management & company structure is so good that i enjoyed my every moment working here.
A Great Place to Work
Specialty Appointment Clerk (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. From Management to co-works we all work together for the common goal of patient satisfaction and retention. If the current job that I am doing was not temporary at this time, the benefits out way any other place I have worked.
LVN in Pain Management Clinic
LVN Pain Management (Current Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJune 8, 2015
Assist Anesthesiologist in epidurals, nerve blocks, hip injections, trigger point injections to help patients with chronic pain. I assisted physicians in clinic consults and follow-up calls to patients post procedure. I learned how to manage my time wisely as we would have many patients in a day and doctors needed to be out of the procedure room at certain times to allow other physicians to use the room.
longevity is both a blessing and a curse
NW Regional Imaging Informatics Manager (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORJune 8, 2015
Pros: manager and co-workers
People stay at KP a very long time. This creates a stagnant or entrenched workplace, when it comes to change. It also provides for opportunity to move around and up within KP.

Overall, it is a good place to work.
overall great place to wok with great coworkers
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee), AnahiemJune 8, 2015
Pros: Being able to work independently, the opportunity to learn something new and the work environment
Cons: Short breaks and the work was repetitive
My time in Kaiser was overall a pleasant experience. A typical day at work consisted of arriving to work on time and ready to work, answering phone calls and providing excellent patient care. During my time with Kaiser I learned how to effectively manage patient concerns and request. While working at Kaiser I also gained experience and knowledge of medical terminology and in hipaa privacy laws. I also became proficient in programs such as Lotus notes and health connect. My management team allowed me to work independently while still providing the necessary tools and training to do my job. My coworkers were all excellent and always willing to help each other if needed. The most challenging part of my job was interacting with disgruntled patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist patients with their needs. I found the job very rewarding.
Productive palce to work.
Clerical Customer Care Representative/Ward (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2015
Great place to work with all that kaiser offers. Great co-workers good benefits. typical day would in tell of assisting patients as well as enjoying the laughter of my co-workers
Enjoyed my one year Internship at Kaiser Permanente
Intern (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Learned many things
Cons: no pay in this internship
It was a year Internship which was divided six months in class at ROP and six months in x-ray department at Kaiser Permanente. I was allowed to work in various parts of the hospital. The most hardest part of the job was to learn new things daily for new departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to hands on medical computers and communicate with patients and staff as an Intern.
Voted Best Place to Work in IT Several Years in a Row
Consultant Specialist, Corporate Investigator (Current Employee), Corona, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Job Security, The high volume of work helps the day go by quickly, Doing something that matters
Cons: Lost the opportunity to telecommute due to current projects & the ability to do so is a necessity
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. A typical day is handling multiple cases, assisting with team projects, etc. I work with a great team of professionals that are bright and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is the high demand of casework as we have a team of 6 handling internal investigations for 200,000+ employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I help shed light on the facts available for investigations and the opportunity to do something meaningful.
Urgent Care
Lead Nurse Clinical Decision Unit (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: lack of manament support
I chose this company to work for because I knew I needed urgent care experience while I transitioned into becoming a nurse practitioner. I have learned how to organize my thinking in order to manage a patient based on their complaint. I have great co-workers who make coming to work worth while.
Great Place to work
CLA (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 4, 2015
Pros: Pay/benefits
Kaiser Permanente is a Great place to work. Flexible work hours, great environment, great benefits and plenty of room for advancement
productive
infection control (Former Employee), baldwin park ca.June 4, 2015
kaiser was a great place to work art. everyone was friendly. the department i was working always had me doing something.
great place to work
director (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: vibrant community
Cons: none
the people at Kaiser Permanente care about members and staff. They are innovative and focused on the future of healthcare and the best way to deliver it.
Patients are very important
LVN (Former Employee), Roseville, CAJune 4, 2015
Pros: team approach
Cons: competative
Worked as a team with MDs, RNs, MA, Receptionist. Patients are very important. Learned how to work in a union environment
Refresh/Deployment Technician (Former Employee), Permanente, CAJune 4, 2015
Short term contract for two months. Wish the contract was longer. Great place to work, has an outstanding team. Everyone helping each other, great teamwork.
very busy
Lead Nurse for Internal Medicine (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDJune 3, 2015
good place to work but busy at all times no down time
many different task from advice notes, nursing scheduled appointment, walk ins, and helping doctors
Pay and Benefits are awesome.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), ColoradoJune 3, 2015
Pay and benefits are awesome. Pay and benefits are awesome. Pay and benefits are awesome. Did I mention pay and benefits are awesome? Still my employer. Best thing about this place.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries