Kaiser Permanente
2,222 reviews

Kaiser Permanente United States Employee Reviews

Very professional, clean and a great environment to work in.
Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Fantastic place to work. Very good pay.
Cons: Having to work every other weekend
I loved working at Kaiser Permanente. It was the job of a lifetime. The things I learned I will carry forever. The Management was usually very fair. Of course with all huge organizations things can sometimes be very unfair but out of your control. I did see that happen many times with many co-workers.
Over all I loved working there and was very sorry I had to leave. I loved my job. I loved working with people and caring for them in the hardest of times.
I was so blessed to have learned so much from them.
Productive Place to Work
Solution Architect/Technical Manager (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAMarch 23, 2015
The work-life balance is good. Got to learn new technologies and a very fun place to grow. Team work is good. We follow both SDLC and Agile methodologies.
Volunteer
Radiology Department while assisting customers (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAMarch 23, 2015
Great place to excel and learn with the most greatest employees as well as outstanding work ethics. Would definitely recommend.
A professional clean & worthy work environment
Data Control Safety/Schedule Clerk (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: always some work to do & it made the work days go by faster
Cons: sad to leave and relocate due to the cool employees & the job
I enjoyed working for this hospital very much and if I where to go back to California I would work here again. In relocating from this hospital to move and work in Texas has been a plus for me.
productive and innovative
LVN (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 22, 2015
the best work place I could ever ask for. I love working for Kaiser. I enjoyed working here. lets be healthy and thrive and live happy.
Usability Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 20, 2015
Kaiser is vast, but I would say department in Oakland downtown was well managed.

Some typical Kaiser things related to the business offices:
Things move very slowly which is frustrating.
Many people have families and leave promptly at 5pm.
Our technology is often out of date
Our offices are a little shabby
The people are mission driven, down to earth and smart
People stay at their jobs for ever - 15 or more years is typical
It's hard to advance in some cases because of this
It is a good place to work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), KPGAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good pay and good place to work.
Cons: bieng laid off and not having a job to provide for my family.
Typical day at work is very busy. You have to learn to multi-task at all times. Co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is having only two hands to assist more than one employee at a time. The travel time was bad due to severe traffic. Would prefer to work from home. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with multicultural individuals and also in getting my work done without micro management.
A wonderful productive work environment
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 19, 2015
My job was great! I had a wonderful boss we worked well together - my work days were very productive. I learned the TIME system or how to process the Employee Times cards for the department. I reported directly to my boss and also worked with well with his direct reports, processing Expense Accounts for them and their Direct Reports. Working at Kaiser as a whole has always been like working with a close-net family. I consider myself a team player who works well with diverse groups of people. I am ready and willing to assist. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable was working with a great group of people.
excellent place to work
Call Center Service Associate (Current Employee), Aurora,COMarch 19, 2015
Supervisors take the time to work with you and build your skills, the culture is positive and motivated. A great place to build a successful career.
great collaborative teams with immense knowledge and resources
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: many career paths available without a glass ceiling
Cons: the rule by concensus model can stifle ingenuity and innovation
KP is a great company and one of the leaders in healthcare for the masses. They have a wealth of knowledge any have a diverse workforce with many talents.

They encourage hard workers and innovation, although it can take time to gain visibility of ingenuity to senior leadership.

The have a sustaining and recycling MO which is very encouraging as a user of a great deal of water and power to run their hospitals.
Growing at a fast pace.
Claims Researcher/Posting Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, COMarch 18, 2015
Cons: human resource department not proficient in hiring skills.
Productive place to work, management needs to interact more with there employees in certain departments, co-workers are team players when needed for special projects and work assignments.
Sales Coordinator/Broker Payments (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Working from home, great benefits
Cons: lots of system changes
Excellent company to work for, great benefits. Promotes good work life balance. Co -workers are very helpful. Management is great
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAMarch 17, 2015
Assisting staff and patients by updating clients charts. Coordinating and updating written correspondences, arranging staff meeting and different work events, organizing and keeping all inventories of client's files. Attending conference calls, typing, emailing, faxing, answering and transferring calls to different extensions. Daily usage of Microsoft office software such as; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Review all incoming correspondence that comes into the office. Maintain important documents, prepare all documentation for the clients, and provide a professional attitude with staff and clients on a daily basis. Also perform all other office duties as needed.
This company is very good to work for
MEDICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
its a good experience helping to meet the needs of patients. i work in a comfortable compassionate environment surrounded by wonderful teammates that believe in customer satisfaction. i would recommend this job only to individuals that are very sincere in helpful patient care.
Great place to work and advance.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful
Typical day at work was doing nurse visits. taking blood pressures, giving therapeutic injections, vaccinations, all treatments, assessments, iv therapy and reporting to providers regarding members. management of schedule, electronic charting and schedule members for follow-up.

I learned so much, how to manage time and respecting members time and having patience.

With any job management is the key. Management is rebuilding, so there are still some problems bur I feel it will get better.

My co-workers are the greastest. I have made some life-long friends and love them all.

The hardest part of the job was managing time and everything completed in the time allotted.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the members. Most are willing to learn and to please.
Fast Paced productive work environment
Customer Service Representative/Member Services (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time in this position. This was a very intense position which required a high amount of time management and exceptional phone skills. My co-workers were fun and energetic.
Working At Kaiser Permanente
Project Manager (Current Employee), CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Everything else
Working at Kaiser Permanente has great health care benefits. However you pay for those benefits with your mental and physical health.
review
Product Manager, National Accounts (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: work life balance, education, good collegues and people
Cons: pay and raises
Good company and benefits. Management sometimes promotes people that aren't prepared and trained. Company on Health Plan side not big on training, just internally only. Pay in general is low compared to other healthcare carriers.
It's a wonderful place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: job recognitions
Cons: job advancement opportunities
A typical day at work requires a warm smile and putting your best foot forward. I have learned that the spirit of teamwork still exists. Management is wonderful and they do listen, and the same thing applies regarding my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is learning to ask for help if I need it-sometimes it is hard to let go of control and the most enjoyable part of my job is working with wonderful people.
Fast pace, alot of moving and no down time. Love it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: constantly busy
Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and

height, and record information on patients' charts. Prepare treatment rooms for examination of

patients. Drape patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment. Clean and

sterilize instruments. Hand instruments and materials to doctor as directed. Administer injections,

treatments or medication as directed.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries