Kaiser Permanente
1,706 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Great place to work for everyone no matter what position.
Manager of Parking and Transportation (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 11, 2014
I worked in the Central Support Services Department which allowed me to reach my goals and others also. Great Job.
DOT Communicating was one of my responsibilities and was very interesting and rewarding that I was a part of making Transportation safer.
The benefits don't make up for the stress.
Senior Systems Programmer (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 9, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits, telecommuting.
Cons: zero work/life balance, high-stress, bad communication, poorly trained management
Cons:
- Working here (at least in info security) is incredibly stressful. Lots of off-hours work, on-call shifts, and constant frenzied pace throughout the day. Not uncommon for people to have health problems from stress.
- No one knows how to get anything done. New employee that needs access to certain resources? Your manager will have no idea where – more... to look, neither will your teammates.
- Bad/non-existent documentation for processes.
- Management doesn't receive adequate training. Most of them are either completely absent or totally micromanaging and won't back you up when you need them.
- Revolving door of contractors. As soon as they get up to speed and have good knowledge of our domain, they're forced out the door. They're also treated poorly compared to FTEs.
- Below market salary. They think the benefits make up for this, but not really. I've begun searching for new positions and they've all paid 20-40k more for similar work.
- Constant re-orgs, followed by 20 meetings of executive-speak trying to explain why the re-org needed to happen.

Pros:
- Benefits really are the best around. My Kaiser health insurance is free. I had a medical procedure and it cost me $20 co-pay, that's it. Pension (if you can make it 5 years for it to vest) + 5% matching on 457b.
- Lots of PTO, but in certain areas it's very difficult to use it due to understaffing. I get 22 PTO days + 4 personal days.
- My team allows telecommuting, so I never go into the office. This is a gigantic perk for me, and I realize that not all teams at KP do this. – less
Great place to work but can be difficult
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: health insurance, yearly bonuses
Cons: job security
A typical day at Kaiser included running reports, transcribing minutes for various meetings. Ordering supplies and greeting visitors.

Management was stern but fair. But it depended on who you were dealing with.
Co-workers are people and as such, there were your good ones and your bad ones. My department was much like a family.

Hardest part of the – more... job was the sheer volume of work. I worked for two facilities and several managers.

Most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. – less
Intern (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: lunch, staff, patients
Room patients
Book appts.
Take care of paper work
Show professional hospitality
“KP is a good employer, but career progress can stagnate.”
Medical Claims Processor (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 8, 2014
Pros: i worked at kp for many years; well compensated with good benefits, learned a lot, very interesting work, and most people were great and committed to the company mission and patient care.
Cons: i have no cons to report for kaiser permanente.
I had a flexible schedule so I would arrive at 6am every morning, process claims, meetings with union reps sometimes. I learned how to be efficient with time and quality at the same time. Management was very supportive, and my co-workers were kind and considerate and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was making deadlines with the least amount – more... of errors, but was done with success 98% of the time. The most enjoyable part was flex-time, and group functions on holidays. – less
Professional Atmosphere, where the emphasis is placed on ALWAYS improving
Quality/PI, Regulatory, Risk Mgt, Staff Dev. (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: focus on wellness, and prevention
Nurses, Physicians, Managers & Administrators are true colleagues and collaborators, with a common goal of improving the process, outcomes, and patient/family experiences for our Members.

EVERY job category takes responsibility for providing the safest, most proficient, customer-focused, high-quality care, in both inpatient & outpatient settings.
Great place to work with high energy and room for growth.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 7, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is an industry leader as well as serves as a pillar in the community for service.

The mission, vision, diverse culture and commitment to the community makes Kaiser Permanente on of the most influential, competitive yet progressive places to work.
caring loving work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2014
A day at work was always a uplifting experience always learning to do a job that I just loved. My supervisor was the best she always was calm and very professional at everything she did. I loved my co-workers they became my second family yes it wasn't always perfect but we worked together as a great team no matter what. I feel the hardest part of my – more... job was to give my patients injections that would just hurt my heart but I would get past it everyday because it kept my patient healthy. My most enjoyable part of my job was over the 15 years at Kaiser I had a second family maybe not by blood but in my heart those co-workers meant everything to me as my own family did. – less
I think it is a wonderful place to work. It emcompasses the entire patient experience
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 7, 2014
I have truly enjoyed working here. Everyone is very helpful.
Excellent company doing things right
Security Director (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: salary, training, employee atmosphere
Well organized company with very defined expectations. Trained for position so not to fail. Excellent interaction with other department members
work
Instrument Operator (Current Employee), Natchez, MSAugust 6, 2014
Been working for jks for 11 years. pretty good place to work but am just ready for a change.friendly people to work. the hardest part to surveying is summer time but its ok
Unorganized
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 6, 2014
Management is very unorganized, no clear direction, but people who work here have great attitudes even though there's a lot of confusion due to lack of communication.
Productive and professional place to work
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Largo, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: able to advance in your career
Great place to work,staff got along very well. A typical day at work i would say is busy and productive
Provides affordable care.
Medical Associate Intern (Former Employee), Downey, CAAugust 5, 2014
I greeted patients and their guests upon entrance to the hospital and handed them informational pamphlets. Also provided them with directions on where places in the hospital located.
Hard to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 5, 2014
Very leadership oriented, hard to break in to FTE status. There isn't much else to say.
worked as a student nurse intern
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great staff, scheduled breaks, clean environment
Cons: hard to get into the hospital as a nurse
8-12 hour days
Taking care of patients (4).
Reviewing labs and patient history
collaborating with doctors
medication administration
helping patient with activities of daily living
providing clean environment
developing patient rapport
hardest part of the job was learning all the different procedures because you cant be taught everything in one day.
working – more... with patient and providing a great experience was my favorite part of the job. knowing I was making a difference. – less
KP
Receptionist (Current Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 4, 2014
Working at Kaiser is a wonderful experience both as an employee and as a member.
Fun Work Place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Encino, CAAugust 2, 2014
* helped as they delivered babies

* how to assist patients in bed

* good management

* friendly co-workers

*when all the call lights are on at the same time

*When patients get better and are disharged
Exciting Workplace
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: love the dowtown area
The exciting part was working with my co-workers sharing information, working as a team and learning something new everyday.
Great company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Orange County, CaliforniaAugust 1, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is a great company for employment. They strive on teamwork, high level of service to patient and their family, and employee satisfaction.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos