Kaiser Permanente
2,085 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

VERY PRODUCTIVE
Phlebotomist CPT II (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: being with co-workers
Cons: short breaks
MY TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD BE GETTING MY STATION PREPARED AND STOCK,TURNING ON COMPUTERS AND MAKING SURE EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE DAY. I LEARNED TO BE A CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON AND GIVE EXCELLENT SERVICE TO MY PATIENTS. TREATING MY CO-WORKERS WITH THE RESPECT AND WORKING SIDE BY SIDE TO GIVE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PATIENTS. HAVING HARD DRAWS.PROVIDING CUSTOMER CARE TO THE PATIENTS AND PRODUCING THE BEST BLOOD COLLECTION.
An organization genuinely committed to its members' health and well-being.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2015
An electronic medical record and integrated care and services allow me to coordinate clinicians and staff to deliver best practices of care in a way that is difficult to achieve in other health care organizations.

Kaiser Permanente's size works to its advantage, but also to its disadvantage. Resources, diversity, and expertise are tremendous, but that same size can sometimes make it daunting to get things done. This is why effective collaboration is essential.
Great company and benefits
Emergency Room Ward Clerk Transcriber (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 28, 2015
The company is great. They provide top of the line customer service and take great care of their employees.
Very Large
Underwriter II - Family and Individual Plans (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Large volume accounts, high paced. Not a good place for advancement. Workloads are manageable.
Great company to work for
Orthopedic Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: limited ability
Everyday I was excited to go to work. The staff and doctors were amazing to work with. And I enjoyed the interaction with patients and being able to help them in hard times.
Professional and Career Promising
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 27, 2015
I helped patients receive their prescriptions. I learned how crucial empathy and privacy is in sensitive situations. Management is ideal for any professional and successful company. Coworkers became and are still great friends. The hardest part of the job was not being able to please every customer due to decisions being out of my hands, but in the hands of their doctors, which were not always available right away. There were many enjoyable parts of the job, including the fast pace, smooth transactions, and going home at the end of a fulfilling day.
Pretty Nice Place to Work
Administrative Specialist IV (Former Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great opportunities to learn new things
Cons: to many layoffs and job eliminations
Kaiser Permanente Claims Department is nationally serving their Members and Providers
Great place to work. It is my dream workplace.
Student Internship (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting different people.
Cons: no insurance due to internship.
Hospital was clean, nurse were knowledgeable and friendly. They were helpful and always smiling. Lots to do and to learn.
One of the best places I have worked at
senior physical therapist (Former Employee), Union City, CAJanuary 26, 2015
This was one of the best jobs that I have ever had. I had to leave due to personal reasons. The staff included some of the most knowledge physical therapists that I have ever worked with. The orthopedic residency program at this Northern California physical therapy department is one of the best in the country. Each physical therapist there excels in their field and they encourage new therapists to excel as well.
very educational
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: the pros were that getting to know more about kiaser
Cons: there were non
I enjoyed doing my Externship at Kiaser . I enjoyed working with and caring for the patients. The staff were wonderful and insightful. I was blessed to work in the Oncology Clinic. because it humble me and I was moved by the patients and there strength to cope and conquer Cancer.
Great Benefits and Overall Good People to Work With
Ob/Gyn (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 1hr lunches during 8hr work days, paid vacations, great medical and dental benifits and strong union
Cons: some managers in some departments are terrible
A typical day at work involves prepping patient rooms, procedural tools and computer in order to be prepared for the kinds of appointments you will encountering that day. The physician I work with and I have established excellent communication between us, therefore making the work day smooth and also we ensure excellent patient care when we have all that we need at hand. In the department I work in there are 4 managers and one director. The specific module I work in has established great teamwork and work ethic when it comes to each other's schedules and making sure no patient is uninformed or left behind. The management team tries their best in order to serve over 100 employees. It is a hard job and there are always compromises and sacrifices between management and the employees that have to happen in order to keep the clinic running well. Since I work in a huge department there are several personality types you run into and if you are not flexible and understanding of each other then it can make your job stressful. The only hard thing about my job is when we are short staffed, because are literally running up and down the department to serve the patients and all the clinicians. That can be stressful for everybody because there are not enough hands to satisfy everyone's needs and expectations in the most timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is establishing relationships with all my patients. There are many patients that I find very pleasant and being able to assist them with their appointments whether they are urgent or routine makes me feel good.
Just another temporary data entry job
Auditing and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2015
I received no benefits & never received an offer for a more permanent position. It helped cover the bills, but other than that, nothing really special or unique about it.
busy and fun work environment
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: you get to meet new people
Cons: you can have someone pass out on you
Kaiser was absolutely amazing! The staff was friendly and willing to show me the ropes of their day to day job routines. The Lab manager was very awesome and is really an asset to Kaiser.
Nice
Local Area Champion (Current Employee), Oakland, CaJanuary 23, 2015
Since 2011 I have worked as a Site Support Specialist supporting all Epic modules in the entire medical center.
Consulting assignment
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: close to home.
Cons: not consistant with length of assignments.
Consulting assignment.
It takes a looooonnnnngggg time to get on board with this company, even as a consultant and even if you have worked other assignments within the company.
I took almost 2 months to get on board and the assignment was cut short.
Productive and great learning experienc
Summer Youth Employment Intern (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experimenting with new tools, learning about health care fields
Cons: sick people all around
A typical day at work would be coming in at 8 in the morning and beginning by doing anything I had left from the day before to finish. I was assigned to the medical surgery, critical care unit and telecommunications departments. I would do filing, or some audits to begin my day, ending it with doing check-up rounds with the nurses with my manager. My co-workers were amazing and very kind they were there to help and inform me on new things. The hardest part of my job was just seeing all the sick people. The most enjoyable part of my day was learning something new about the healthcare field.
Pre-Op and ER
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pre-op consisted of patients coming for surgery, and attending the family's with and questions or concerns. Also making copies of paperwork, running earns, answering phone calls.The RN's would be helpful if I needed help locating something, also enjoyed running earns or making calls for them. The hardest part of m job was that as a volunteer we don't have all answers for the patients family, we don't now when the patient is coming out of surgery, and all we can do is call you when the patient is out and able to see family members.
For ER the selves had to be restock, the lunch room organized, if we had a homeless ask for clothes we would need to get there name or ID # and put it on record to give them clothing. I would work with the RN's mostly helping if they needed a room cleaned out for the next patient.
I would have stayed forever.
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and hours.
Cons: didn't work there long enough.
Kaiser was a great company to work for, the part of it that I did. They were extremely friendly and helpful, trained me very well and I was compensated better than I was expecting. Management was always available and willing to help out.
Great overall organization
Director (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 22, 2015
Kaiser serves its members and employees very well. All staff care a great deal about providing the best service possible at all times. They are dedicated and committed.
Great Benifits
Cashier Receptionist (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Great benifits for employees. My co workers were very friendly to work with. I really enjoyed working directly with patients. I have learned how to multi task extremely well while working for this company. They do encourage each employee to THRIVE.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos