Kaiser Permanente
2,282 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great place to work for, good job security, enjoyable place to work
Respiratory Therapist & RPSGT (Current Employee), San JoseApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good health benefit
Cons: Union basis which might be not difficult for job advancement
Good benefit. Good Working Place. Good Job Security….Complicated management issues….Union dues are too expensive, and not helpful when you need them. Retirement package are not impressive. However, job security is promising.
Great place to work.
Medical Aesthetician plastic surgery (Former Employee), West Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefilts, pay scale not bad, support and communication very good. Nice patients and physicians.
Great management, nice environment and staff. Good working conditions. Mainly chemical peels and education/sales to patients.
Liked the company.
TRUST NO ONE!
Chronic Conditions Management Program Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 17, 2015
"It would be a much better work environment if people would just put themselves in other peoples shoes and learn how to mind their own business! Smiling all up in your face, being fake like everything is all good, but really have bad intentions. As for the Union (SEIW UHW), yea, forget about it. Don't depend on their help. They basically feed you to the wolves.

Anyhow, on a more positive note, every day was pretty much the same. There were times when things were slow and then busy, like any other typical work day. Management was pretty layed back. Left you alone so long as you completed your tasks and looked like you were busy. My co-workers were the greatest! Awesome personalities, family oriented and very welcoming. I have to say that they were the most enjoyable part of my job!
Family enviornment
Manager - Business Information Systems (Current Employee), atlanta, gaApril 17, 2015
There are some really great people who work for Kaiser.
I have learned a lot about the Health care industry working here.
Great place to work for full time employees only
Service Center Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
A lot of benefit to offer, but It's not for contract or temp employees.
I started with contract employees. No work after 2 months, and have no date to return. It made me very worry and don't know what is going on.
Referral Claims Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NApril 16, 2015
I was a phlebotomist and Referral Clerk and later I worked in Claims payment. I enjoyed the patient interaction and my coworkers.
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 15, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a great organization. Benefits and work life balance are great. Employees believe in the product and are proud to work for the organization.
Cabinet Maker and Installer (Former Employee), Panorama City, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: too many employees with many family members employed there
Busy days at work. Worked some overtime. Enjoyed the opportunity to service the hospital staff and enjoyed keeping busy with minor work orders.
Exciting place and I learned a lot.
Head and Neck Surgery (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Big clinic and so many opportunities in learning procedures.
Cons: Unable to use computers because I was not allowed to as an extern.
I learned a lot even though I was an extern at that time. The staff are very friendly and helped me to learn almost everything in the clinic. And I felt so very privileged to have worked there at Head and Neck Surgery.
Very stressful, heavy responsiblity.
Manager Admitting, ER, Financial Counselling (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 14, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, co-workers. Helping the customer.
Cons: Travel time to work.
Start work at 6:00am. Leaving at 4:00pm
Checking on three shifts during the day.
Make sure all areas are covered.(scheduling)
Management was good.
Co-workers worked well with me. Did not have problems.
The hardest part was scheduling all the units that reported to me.
Having wonderful employees.
Work Place Innovators
Epic Systems Application Coordinator - Tapestry (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Set Standards
Cons: Decision making takes time
Kaiser always makes sure that there employees are happy & comfortable at work.

Every effort is made to retain their employees.
HIM Specialist
Apprenticeship (Former Employee), Atlanta GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: participate with staff during AHIMA week
Cons: internship
I went in as intern and I enjoy every minute of it. I learn ROl, Indexing, prep the records, QA, transcribe and more. The hardest thing was indexing typing in some per min. I enjoy the whole HIMS department.
Spontaneous and Rewarding
Obstetric Technician (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Being a part someones birth, diverse culture, team work
Cons: Lack of education development
Ready to work the moment I step in the door. Working in Labor and Delivery is very spontaneous. We are Women's health, Operating, Emergency and Triage Room all in one. I never now what the next moment may be. I am always prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Being a part of the birth process has been very rewarding.
very poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Multnomah County, PortlandApril 13, 2015
Pros: pretty awesome company
Cons: home health & hospice are very poorly managed, very unprofessional
The staff out in the field are pretty great. But they never come to the office because it is total chaos! The management trials and errors change at the expense of the staff. No consistent processes. Management with no skills to be in their position. The director is a bully and micro manages, throws her power around. Unfair and inconsistent. Kaiser as a whole is an awesome company, it's too bad they've allowed this area to be so dysfunctional.
If you kiss ___ you'll be good but humiliated anyway.
Like working for Kaiser
Health Educator I (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAApril 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in my position, I can engage in many different aspects of Health Education through my role such as class facilitation and program management.
Very poor management
Home Health Case Manager (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: terrible management
Uneven scheduling of patients, expected to work on out own time without compensation, grueling schedules r/t patient acuity's and geographical locations
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 12, 2015
Out of all my jobs this has been the best place I have worked at co workers are friendly . Staff I helped every day are very friendly.
Capstone Project
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Direct conversations with stakeholders
Challenging project because requirements are different regionally and building one repoting solution to fulfill comprehensive and non-conflicting requirements.
Great place with relaxed work environment
Data team lead (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 12, 2015
Great place with relaxed work environment. Flexible hours. Great environment. Training and avenues to learn new technology.
Good people with a great work ethic.
Opthalmic Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good Pay.
Cons: Alot of stress where there is not a need for it.
As a Supervisor/ Manager in a Union Environment we made too many mistakes in how our people were treated. This mainly stemmed from Upper Management. This was a fault of mainly one person. When I left Kaiser the bulk of the work force gave me a going away party and were very upset that I was leaving. We were in a position in MFG that great bonus was paid to management and the workforce. The IT group are good and very helpful.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries