Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

long work hours. Good compensation management mixed good with some not so much
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2017
Work/ life balance needs improvent high expectations on salaried managementioned positions

Relaxed environment and good team building and compensation is excelent but very competitive at manager level
Pros
Compensation benefits excellent
Cons
Too cut throat in management
Nice place to work
Service Unit Manager I (Non-RN) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 3, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a nice place to work, depending on what department one is working for. A typical day is full of busy work, and tons of learning opportunities, depending on the position. However, overall Kaiser Permanente is a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice compensation and learning oppourtunities
Cons
Depends on the job
I love my job
MEMBER OUTREACH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CANovember 3, 2017
Its very face paced and intense..Personal care is important.. Putting out your best on a daily is what we strive for. I answer a lot of personal questions regarding care
Pros
location
Cons
more money
Decent place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2017
I don't recall much since it's been awhile since I've worked there. I learned a lot and liked many aspects. I wasn't a fan of having to be in a union as a nurse because it tied my hands in many ways.
Calm yet fast paced work environment
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 2, 2017
While I enjoyed my short time there, and would gladly accept a position there again, I was sad to see they were unwilling to work with my having a death in the family where I was required to relocate for a short time to care for another family member due to the death.
Credentials Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Many employees have worked there for more than ten years. It is a fast paced environment. Very strict on attendance policies. Good benefits for full time employees.

Management like to hire their friends for positions rather than hire more experienced candidates.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Low department morale, hostile environment
Nurse Practitioners (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 2, 2017
KP Washington is new, having acquired Group Health Cooperative. I worked for Group Health for 9 years prior. There are some bumps as changes happen, but overall a good experience.
CVOR is not easy as a traveler
Surgical Technologist CVOR (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 2, 2017
I think Kaiser would have been a better experience if I had not been doing CVOR. It was very Clicky and stressful. I would not suggest working in CV there.
Great pay, but very stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
Avoid management. Very corrupt environment where half of the staff is there because they had some connection to someone and not based on being an outstanding candidate. Few do the work for most of the others. Great benefits and great pay, but unbelievably frustrating dealing with the politics.
Pros
Money
Cons
Corrupt
The company as a whole
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 2, 2017
good long term company but it can be very political. This company is very black and white. Sometimes the company is not as loyal to you as you are to them.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
Physician driven
Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2017
Participated in the Claims Department. Managers are more concerned about bonuses. Although I was a contractor felt that they were not very loyal to good hardworking contractor. I was not allowed to charge for overtime but, to complete assignments overtime was required.
Pros
Employess are dedicated
Cons
Managers are not qualified
Big organization but good people
Health Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2017
This large, old organization makes up for it's somewhat siloed nature by hiring good people who really caring for the members. If you don't like big orgs it might not be a good fit.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
siloed
Temp Job
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 2, 2017
This was a internship and not really a job position. It was great and the people who worked there were very professional and great to work with. Thank you for your interest in the position and have a great day.
Good work balance
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 2, 2017
Nice place to work for a clinic setting and opportunity for growth and learning due to the multiple departments available there. Management is also balanced.
Great benefits and good pay
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
Competitive pay and good benefits. Everyone are employees in Kaiser so mainly treatment is the same for all employees. The hardest part of the job is at times it's hard to request for off as seniority is the priority on granting off.
Pros
paid vacation and life balance
Cons
hard to request for days off
Fun productuve work place with great with quality medical equiptment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 1, 2017
A typical day at work involved opening information desk and maintain cleaning responsibility's. Treating each member and staff workers with positive, respectful, and helpful manner. Ending shift by organizing and updating current information.

I learned the out line of hospital and codes of departments. In addition services for loved ones leaving the hospital. I became more educated on how to help patients.

Management was helpful and kind. They updated me on my computer skills within company. I kept honest relationship with bosses.

The workplace culture was ethnically dynamic. There was an diverse group of co-workers and members. In addition, an artistic culture of Holidays.

The hardest part of the job was finding hospital rooms in beginning. Moreover, Learning new codes. Learning the protocol of patient member-services was challenging too.

The most rewarding part of the job are, the people I worked with. I made good friends and met inspirational patients. I got to be apart of a helpful team of fun coworkers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
big hospital
There needs to be changes at the top
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2017
Brutal VP that keeps getting promoted. Her terrible demeanor permeates the whole organization, especially the ER, where they cannot hang onto a manager or director to save their lives.
I work with an amazing team from management to maintenance.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
I love working at kaiser, the people I work with are a phenomenal bunch. We have work/ family culture at our facility. It’s an each one teach one type of environment. Management is there for the staff in a teaching and compassionate manner. I don’t want to leave kaiser but I need to secure a job for when I move
Pros
It’s a winning team.
Cons
It is fast paced and you have to be able to pull your weight
Workplace culture not ideal
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2017
Felt as though management's focus on numbers created a negative culture, though it seems this differs team by team as some managers protect their team better.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture and work life balance
Kaiser is a Great place to work
IT Senior Consultant Trainer & Curriculum Designer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 1, 2017
Kaiser is a Great place to work and I loved it and I am ready to advance and there was no where to advance into, unless I wanted to change careers. I am open and ready for a new experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2