Kaiser Permanente
1,932 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
EPIC EMR Consultant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 11, 2014
Challenging
fast paced environment
Very secure environment
very good benefits
Fun customer service
Pharmacy Assistant / Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), MontebelloNovember 11, 2014
Pros: busy lines and phones
Cons: not enough personnel
Great place to help customer maintain their health. Excellent management and goal setting.
Company with excellent benefits and pay. Has excellent opporttunity for advancement
Medical assistant, room patients, assist doctors (Former Employee), Littleton, CONovember 10, 2014
A typical day would start with staff meeting to assign work for the day. Then I would meet with the doctor I worked with to review the patients for the day. My co-workers were all dedicated to our patients and filling the needs of the doctors. The hardest part of my job was having my geriatric patients pass. The most enjoyable part was working with – more... the patients from the new babies to the elderly. – less
Diversitied
SPECIALIST II (Former Employee), Oakland, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: health education for members and employees
Cons: transparency of work environment
Customer client oriented with its employees and members. Become part of the Affordable Care Act. Making it accessible for people to become members. To be able to talk to your Doctor by email.
Large company with many growth and development opportunites
Support Services Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Oakland, CANovember 10, 2014
Integrated health care system that provides opportunities to work at local hospitals, regional offices, program offices and the medical groups. The company offers competitive salaries and many opportunities to grow and develop.
Enjoy my co-workers and management team. Nice facility.
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 9, 2014
Pros: enjoy my co-workers and management team. nice facility.
Cons: salary
Explain Affordable Care Act concepts and Kaiser Permanente Individual and Family programs to the proposed member. Perform all Licensed Agent activities to sell appropriate products and enroll or complete plan changes for members into provider plans. Licensed and selling to residents in California, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Virginia, District – more... of Columbia, Maryland, and Georgia. – less
Great cmopany to work for the best Ive had
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Oxnard, CANovember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: they didnt always have coverage for ma's who called in sick got left with double the work.
Allot of room to grow, busy work schedule makes the day go by fast. Most of the Dr's were a delight to work for. The benefits were great and so are the co-pays.
Busy and keeps you knowing and learning many skills.
Urgent Care LVN (Current Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 8, 2014
From start to finish I am on my feet, bringing back patient after patient. One might be Abdominal Pain, so IV, labs, fluids, pain meds, then on to CT. Another might be an MI. Another might be a laceration from a roofing knife. The variance of all patients that come in is whats exciting with my work. You never know what kind of patients you'll have throughout – more... your shift. – less
Great learning environment!
FW Student (Former Employee), Fontana, CANovember 6, 2014
Wonderful place to work!
Loads to learn and a fast pace environment.
Great place to work with a Work/Life Balance
HR Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clara Medical CenterNovember 6, 2014
Pros: being a part of the executive leadership assistant team
Working at Kaiser you are constantly challenged in your ability to push yourself to the best of your ability. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers who also had the same work ethic. The hardest part of the job was having multiple direct reports who had very demanding deadlines, yet being able to meet those deadlines was very rewarding. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was being a part of a great Human Resources and Administration team. – less
overall a great place to work
Collector II (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 6, 2014
A great place to work, the people were great, management gives you the impression that they really care about you. Supervisors would listen to what you had to say.
Flex time was great.
Good Place to work
Assistant Director Advice Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
The nurses at Kaiser Permanente are very caring and compassionate.
Learnt a lot from 32 years with Kaiser IT
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CaNovember 6, 2014
Great company, great benefits.
Needs better work and life balance.
Not what I expected
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, CONovember 6, 2014
Pros: nice office space with a gym
Complete lack of management and contractors are asked to work overtime and get flex time back at management discretion - no pay for OT.
Disconnected communication between teams and intra team - no real sense of mission and strategy
No on boarding training for systems, organization, culture, etc.
A great place to work where employees & patients can Thrive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 6, 2014
Pros: friendly place to work, great benefits, employee discounts
Cons: overtime has to be approved
Kaiser Permanente was a great place to work because the doctors give quality time to each patient seeing to their healthcare needs & concerns.
I learned to work well with my co-workers in a fun & productive atmosphere where we would help each other with patient care.
Our nursing supervisor was available whenever we needed assistance.
The hardest part – more... of the job was not being able to accommodate all patients who wanted to be seen sooner due to the availability of open appointments but we did our best.
The best part of my job was seeing that a patient was well taken care of & they were so glad to have come in for the appointment. – less
Great place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Harbor City, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits, helpful staff, great work culture
Kaiser is very inovative. This company is at the top of their game. They have advanced equipment and extremely compatent and qualified staff.
Pediatrics medical Assistant EXTERNSHIP
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no job openings at time of externship
great place to have my externship. Rooming the children and providing great customer care to the families.Hardest part of the job was seeing kids sick.
Event Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Burbank, CANovember 4, 2014
Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for; if you can get in.
Producative work place. Great co-workers and we all work together as a team
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: we are entitlted to a hour lunch break. great pay and benifits
Cons: their are no cons. great place to work
Some work days can be busier than others. Management is very fair with scheduling and time off. Co workers are great and we always work together as a team. the hardest part of the job is trying to get patients to be compliant. What I enjoy the most is helping patient and working one on one with a provider.
enjoyable workstaff
VOCATIONAL NURSE (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: union
Ideal place to work, benefits ideal employee staff great
employers throughout the company not willing to change to current times.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos