Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,625 reviews matching the search
Multiple changes
Advice RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2016
This job is different from jobs I previously held. I think that it has enhanced my triage skills tremendously. My typing skills and utilization of resources has also been enhanced in this position.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Limited growth
Kaiser Permanente
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 17, 2016
Very large company, out of control, good intentions, too much overlap in operations, one department doesn't know what the other department is doing..
Great place to work and beautiful environment!!!!!
Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJune 16, 2016
I have volunteered in several departments and have enjoyed working with all of them from staffing to surgery, front desk, data entry etc. This would be a great place for anyone to come to everyday you get to help people who really need your help!
Pros
Great discounts Starbucks on campus great people!!
Cons
Parking
Great remote working with flexible hours
QI Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2016
I currently hold a position that allows me working from home with great flexibility of schedule. I still have to go to the office to attend meetings and other appointments, however most of the work is done remotely.
I enjoy the investigative nature of my work, including real medical reviews, clinical research, and project management.
Pros
Flexibility and creativity
Cons
Requires a lot discipline and organization
Great Team
CompuCom Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kaiser San Jose CAJune 15, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with one of the best teams ever. Teamwork. That's what was great about Kaiser. I was a contractor hired through CompuCom for 6 months which led to a two year contract. I would give anything to work there agaim
Pros
We had lunch as a team every Friday
Good
Architect and Sr. DB Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
Very Good organization to work here Benefits are Good Work life balance is good.
Work culture is very good and excellent
Innovative place to work
NP II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2016
Excellent learning environment with multiple opportunities to receive and provide mentoring. Team spirited. Excellent diversity.
Pros
Excellent benefit package, transfer opportunities.
Cons
Limited work sites, poor contracting food vendors
primary care
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  mission valley , caJune 13, 2016
enjoyed learning thru my 11 years of service . working with provider assisting with vitalizing patients getting them ready for their physicals
Working at Kaiser
Service Unit Manager I-Women's Health Services (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 13, 2016
Great benefits, plenty of opportunities for growth, excellent group of people to work with, clear communication of organizational goals, and a very supportive environment.
great place to work
electrical maintanince (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJune 10, 2016
P/M on HVAC equipment and electrical systems fix any issues that came up on day to day operations
install and repair and maintain fire alarms in building and helped other maintenance workers in the dept.

the lead manager for the facilities I worked in was a great manager he led the eastside team very well.

there really is no hard part to this job

working with other people
Pros
great place and envierment to work
Cons
NA

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
Place to secure a career
Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 10, 2016
A typical workday @ Kaiser was routine. Did rounds in ICU and other floors on the hour. When deemed necessary during code blues I would do chest compressions. On downtime I would help out the transport orderlies by transferring patients to various departments and doing discharges. My co-workers were a group of happy go lucky people who had different personalities and came from different backgrounds. Kaiser was a melting pot with a plethora of diverse cultures. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients and staff of the hospital. It was a very rewarding job.
Pros
The medical staff was very hands on
Cons
politics of the labor management partnership
Awesome place to work
Packaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 10, 2016
Best part of my day is making patients smile, despite any circumstances one is going though. Great place to work with compassionate managers and excellent benefits.
Good workplace for everyone.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 9, 2016
Kaiser is a good workplace to be .Good benefits , good management
and nice co-workers always working as a team work. I can recommend to my friends and excellent healthcare workers if you are a patient.
Pros
Free lunches and good incentives from Supervisors.
Excellent place to work
HR Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 9, 2016
I worked for Kaiser Permanente for 14 years and was an amazing experience. Kaiser really cares about their employees. My job was always challenging and pushed me to be the best I can be. I had 3 amazing bosses through my 14 years who were incredible mentors.
Pros
Kaiser cares about their employees
Not just a job...But a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96813June 9, 2016
Always room to advance within the company. Been treated like family since day one and Im learning more and more each day. I love my job.
Just great.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 8, 2016
I had a great experience working with this company. It's was fun and great working environment. All the employees are absolutely helpful.
Pros
Real working environment
Cons
Fun place to work, not the best management
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 8, 2016
Working in the IT department, you would assume that the management would be somewhat tech savvy.. That's not really the case for KP. Yes, they have some that know what they are doing but as you get higher up in the management chain, you see a lot more people without the technical knowledge.
Amazing learning experience
Externship/Internship (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 7, 2016
prep all the rooms, check all the MD's mailboxes, check in patient, take vital signs, put in their chief complaint.

I learned a lot of different procedures, doctors let me watch or help during procedures.

management and co-workers were very helpful and worked together as a team

The hardest part was when there were full room of patients so it slowed us down.

most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients
Pros
helping out the doctors or lvns durning a procedure
Cons
breaks are short.
Great Place to work long term
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 6, 2016
Great benefits package and great pay. The people were nice to work with and the work was enjoyable. I really enjoyed the event planning and being involved in several different departments and being allowed to grow within the company.
great place to work
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 6, 2016
I work for a great team and manager. At kaiser you have a say on how things are done, as we have a Unit base team thru LMP. We have a great health care
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2