Kaiser Permanente
1,883 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Professional work place
Full Time Intern (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAOctober 24, 2014
I worked there over the summer so i cant speak like someone who has been working here for years. Everyone was very inviting of me and the other interns. They are all about their company's goal : "Thrive" even if it was a laboratory they made a fair and encouraged people to stay active.
Enjoy working with a diverse group of researchers and participants
Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2014
Enjoy working with a diverse group of researchers and participants.

Looking forward to expanding my research skills and eager to learn and contribute to translational research projects.
Team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2014
I arrive at work and go straight into shift huddle. We're given a brief description on how the day is going and to keep a positive attitude help coworkers and enjoy your shift. I love management because of the open door policy. I love being a nurse so their isn't anything I consider hard about my job. I love helping others and getting the job done to – more... help the patients feel at ease while in my care. – less
Great place to work.
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Harbor City, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, job security.
Cons: long hours.
Get a job there if you can -- Excellent working environment, diversity, equipment, flex time.

Train in the cutting edge procedures.

Allows opportunity to provide superior patient service/care.
Fast pace and productive
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAOctober 23, 2014
Considered as one of the busies Kaiser Pharmacy in all of Southern California.
Great Place to Work
Senior Associate Account Manager II (Current Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 23, 2014
Great place to work. The staff is great and supportive. The drawback is that management can sometimes micromanage and loose sight of the bigger picture.
KP Georgia
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaOctober 23, 2014
Low morale
Top down leadership approach
Different strokes for different folks
Region in trouble
productive days. fast paced
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good lunches served by the cafeteria.
Cons: overly strict administration
Very face paced. variety of issues to service. Training appropriate
its a serious atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Alameda, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: people are very helpful.
Cons: short breaks and short lunches.
if you take your life seriously then this job is the right fit for you.
Poor work life balance and client care bordering on unethical
healthcare (Former Employee), variedOctober 22, 2014
This was one of the worst companies I ever worked with, there was no work life balance, the company was more concerned about increasing profit instead of trying to provide quality healthcare for its members bordering on unethical. The management at this organization is the worst management, poorly trained
n/a
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 22, 2014
Great company to work for, benefits and pay are great. I loved interacting with patients everyday.
Management could use some inmprovement
Great team work enviroment
Vision Service Assistant (VSA1) (Former Employee), Richmond, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: staff in-services
Cons: n/a
I learn a great deal regarding customer services, work team ethics and my clinical ambulatory experience as a Medical assistant/Vision Services Assistant. I learned a lot about ophthalmic diagnostic testings. Working under lots of pressure to meet the demand of patient satisfaction. I enjoyed the patient care part.
PBX Operator (Current Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 21, 2014
Great and knowledgeable staff. Professional and caring work environment. Everyone takes pride in their career
Productive workplace with strong team values
Student Nurse (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2014
I worked on the telemetry floor and was warmly welcomed by most of the interdisciplinary staff.
Company provides long term sustainability
Project Analyst (Current Employee), San DiegoOctober 21, 2014
I have worked for Kaiser for 30 years. I am searching to discover new employment opportunites that may be available. I have a weatlh of knowledge and a passion for good customer service.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), AtlantaOctober 20, 2014
A walk and run charity.
Its an event that I took part in while I was in college, I believe I had to donate 25 dollars to take part in the run. This walk/run was not exclusively for GSU but it was a charity open to people all around GA or anyone willing to participate. The event brought together thousands of people and the run was successful.
Productive work place
Level 1 Helpdesk (Former Employee), Pasadena, CaOctober 20, 2014
Pros: located in old town pasadena, l:ots or resturants and shops
Cons: no breaks, contract work
• Tracking Remedy tickets, weekly and monthly, using reports from Business Objects
• Monthly and weekly reports related to Application Support
• Create tickets for Production and Non Prod using Remedy
• Triage password issues and reset passwords when required.
• Triage and research information for Level 2 Support Team
• User provisioning for the CIT
 – more... Create account in WAS console and maintenance of accounts
• Document issues and solutions
• Monitoring all non-Production stores
• Creating and hosting WebEx meeting
• Look up defects tracked in the HP Quality Center
• Help users install EPR on the laptop
• Work closely with users to keep them updated on issues tracked. – less
Productive and fun place to work.
Bilingual Spanish Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fulton, MDOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits. constantly learning new aspects of the field. advancement is strong.
Cons: lunch break not long enough, many restrictions in a call center but, it's the nature of the position, it's standard, can't take off when you want to, has to be approved before hand, can incur occurrences, even though, you have documentation.
Very fast paced. High volume. Great coworkers and great team work. Management personalites vary. Some are great and others should not be in that position. The hardest part of the job is not having a decent time for lunch time. A half hour break is not enough time to use the bathroom, heat up your lunch and eat it without rushing. It's a health orientated – more... company; but, the personal lunch break is not long enough to really regroup. Many times you come back from lunch more rushed or tired. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members out. Whether it's with copay information, explaining how their plan works, assisting with processes. The extra icing on the cake,when a member is moved to submit a commendation for a job well done. – less
A challenging but enjoyable environment for serious IT professionals.
Sr. Middleware Consultant (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: challenging work. great benefits.
Cons: can be highly stressful at times. if you can handle this, the pros outweigh the cons.
A typical day at Kaiser Permanente IT: Mandatory meetings aside, YOU decide how your work day will be depending on your agreement re deliverables and deadlines. If you have excellent time management skills, you will thrive.

Top-level management is top-notch with great vision. Mid-level management ranges from poor to excellent depending on the individual – more... manager.

Co-workers: The overwhelming majority are great to work with.

For me, the hardest part of the job was being on-call 24/7 for the most severe production support issues. These were the most challenging, most stressful, and most visible situations in IT (rightfully so, because patient care could be adversely affected).

The most enjoyable part: control of my work day. – less
Greatful
Medical Assistant-Orthopedics (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 20, 2014
Pros: great providers, great people
Cons: management
My typical day would start at 7:30 am arriving and work and getting the exam rooms ready for the day. My first patient comes in at 8am. I would introduce my self and walk them to the exam room. I would room them, take vitals, ask how their morning or day has been going, chart information in patients chart. I would then give the paper work to the provider.
From – more... working there I have learned many ways to handle difficult situations. How to run a providers schedule. My coworkers work great, we got along well and worked well together. They all taught me a lot. The hardest part of the job was not being enough for them. The most enjoyable part was being happy to go to work every day – less

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos