Kaiser Permanente
1,564 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Clean, organized, and high tech equipment
RADIOLOGY INTERN (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, cleanly environment
Cons: union, unfair promotions
Kaiser sustained a very clean environment. Interning there was a very positive experience for me. The employees are easy to get along with and the machines are of high quality and enjoyable to work on.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAJune 8, 2014
A typical day was volunteering for a 4 hour shift per week. I had to provide customer service support for members and families. My duties included discharging patients via wheelchair, managing the information desk and answering questions, answering phone calls, and other various tasks.
Rewarding work
social worker (Current Employee), CaliforniaJune 6, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: general work challenges
I see clients hourly and truly enjoy working within the mental health field and seeing people from all walks of life seeking to grow emotionally.
"Best Job" I have ever had!
Lead Warehouseman (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: pay, and low stress job
Cons: advancement, and union was lacking
The hardest part of the job "Management" went from treating the employees like family to more money driven model. In addition, a number of supervisors were hired who didn't have interpersonal skills. This combined with not being qualified (lack of education) made it difficult to perform effective. The management of the 1990's was far more superior to – more... that which followed. – less
Awesome place to work!
Revenue Cycle Auditor II (Lead) (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: salary, flex time, benefits
Cons: commute 130 miles one way
Flexible hours, paid training, great salary, pleasant coworkers. The hardest part was the commute 130 miles one way. I enjoyed auditing/coding clinical documentation.
Great place to work.
Customer Support Services (Current Employee), Walniut Creek, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits, career advancement
If your looking for a cultural diverse place to work that promotes education, job advancement and a labor management partnership. This is the place to be.
Kaiser
Medical Assistant And Receptionist (Former Employee), Permanente, CAJune 4, 2014
Kaiser is a hard place to work for. They are only for profit... and the workers do not matter
great place to volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 3, 2014
great experiences to see all inner workings of the hospital.
extremely educational
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJune 3, 2014
My typical day @ Kaiser was very busy. Interacting with patients,learning about blood, and body fluid specimens, assisting Clinical Laboratory Scientists with loading machines, faxing results to physicians, and checking in patients for lab work.
Summer intern
Community Benefit Product Resource Intern (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJune 2, 2014
mail room and data entry fun experience also a lesson learned in the work place
Productive and fun workplace
OCR Verifier (Current Employee), Downey, CAJune 2, 2014
Great company to work for. I've learned a lot working here while gaining some very valuable experience.
Face pace enviroment, great co workers to work with
Case Manager; Member Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for, great benefits and outstanding pay
Cons: management not available to be there for their employees
Great company to work for in the healthcare field. I have learned alot while working for Kaiser. I gave a 100% effort to do my job to the best of my ability. The face pace environment could be overwhelming at times, as a solid team the daily goals can be acheived.
Kaiser is a large company and is still growing which is what I like about it.
Business Operations Analyst Senior (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: always something new to learn and experience.
Cons: so large, sometimes can't keep up.
Very large and diverse company to work for. So many difference facets of the job and always something new to learn. Allows you to think outside of the box to get things done.
One of the best healthcare companies to work for.
Medical technologist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: could do better with regards to paid time off.
The work one might have to do for the day can already be ascertained due to knowing what the physicians ordered as well as their appointments for the day. Staffing is such that no technologist is overworked, and management is so flexible that extra help is always readily available when needed.All my coworkers are quite friendly and very professional – more... and co-operative. The company has a strong penchant for diversity, so no matter one's background, everyone feels right at home.
There is also enormous room for growth, and there is both acknowledgement and rewards for good work.Regular pay raises are the norm, although the pay rates are quite competetive.
All instruments are kept in the best possible working condition or simply replaced with brand new ones. – less
Pharmacy Technician Extern
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2014
I served my role as a pharmacy technician extern. I was recruited after I finished my Pharmacy Technician program in Everest College
Leader in the Pharmacy Industry, great pharmacy workflows, and excellent compensation.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Martinez, CAMay 28, 2014
externship
Externship (Former Employee), East Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: good hours, weekends off
Cons: i was doing externship
i wasnt really working i was doing exernship. its the best place to do your externship hours. you learn alot
IT Service Desk is a JOKE
Administrator (Current Employee), San DiegoMay 27, 2014
If you work in an MOB or Hospital, chances are you gave all these good revierws . The IT Call Center and local tech support are a joke. I have complained many times to the Service Desk Director and the Manager with no feedback or fix. Try waiting on the phone for 20 minutes just to get help when you have patients to see, what a joke. Talking to the – more... analyst and you'll find that the Manager and Director haven't a clue on how to run a Service Desk. I've been with Kaiser 20+ years and how this women keeps getting promoted much less keeping her job is beyond me. Like I said, speaking with the analysts there, the problem seems to stem with Service Desk Director and Manager, and being that I've been at this company 20+ years there are two things that have not changed ..Service Desk support and the person thats been running it..Go figure! – less
Good Pay, Well Organized company
Help Desk Associate Analyst (Former Employee), Corona, CAMay 27, 2014
The company was great to work for because they were well organized and I always knew what I was going to be doing that day. I also always knew how well I was doing at the job because the company had continual feedback
Great company that cares about its employees
Data Consultant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 26, 2014
Good work-life balance; people are generally very nice to work with; working around the data infrastructure and IT can be a challenge.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos