Kaiser Permanente
2,472 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Productive enviornment: Heavy emphisis on promoting a helthy lifestyle.
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee), Woodland HillsJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Discount lunch at the hot lunch cafateria.
Cons: Very little chance to climb the coperate ladder.
Quite an experience. Activities includes fairs displaying cultural and health booths. Walking to stay fit competition. Farmer's market making fresh fruits and vegetables available to employees and public.
Autonomous and fun workplace
Full time RN (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Continuing Educational Opportunities
Cons: limited work space
I worked closely with doctors and patient families yet I was encourage to put my personal stamp on my work. For example I was asked to put together a educational meeting for parents of children with Tourette's syndrome. The doctor accepted my work without micromanaging. I also provided education and support to parents of seizure patients and patients with pseudocysts.

There were frequent educational lunches for the staff and also prizes for perfect attendance. My manager checked in with everyone every day and kept a spirit of teamwork throughout the work place.
Great personnel
Sr. Project Manager (independent contractor) (Current Employee), PasadenaJuly 1, 2015
Great experience! Staff was great. Ability to telecommute was also a big plus. I wish I could have stayed longer but my project was put on hold.
productive and fun
Intern (Former Employee), antioch, caJuly 1, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: not too many
i completed my internship at kaiser amc. everyday was a busy fun productive day. i spoke to a lot of patients who i will remember forever. the staff was also amazing
Great healthcare company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: No room for promotion
Great people to work with, worked major provider relations issues, assisting providers with payment info, site visits, new client onboarding.
Excellent place to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Tech Application Spec SrE (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work locations.
Cons: Long pharmacy lines.
I couldn't recommend a better place to work. There's plenty of room for advancement and management really provides great support for questions/concerns.
workplace and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fulton, MDJune 29, 2015
great place to work if management was in order. Pay is great.. High school work environment. My experience was ok, enjoy the people especially the ones who actually wanted to work
Productive Workplace with great core values
Health Education Volunteer (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJune 29, 2015
It was uplifting to walk into an environment where people's lives are being changed for the better on a daily basis. A team of doctors, nurses, health educators etc. A complete multidisciplinary team is committed to the betterment of human beings from all over Southern California. I was great to volunteer at Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park.
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: no overtime
Responsible place of business
Coworker friendly
Management listens to you
enjoyable part of job is seeing the patients that you help or made have a good day.
Complex yet a very organized laboratory
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Antioch, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Well organized and clean work areas
Cons: Sharps, needles, medical wastes and hazardous materials
My duties include obtaining blood samples and other body fluids for medical diagnostic testing in an effort to assist physicians rule out clinical diagnosis. Specimen testing are requested and results are released accurately and in a timely manner. I consistently perform tasks on a set time schedule, improve quality and productiveness. All work areas are kept neat and clean, with knowledge of proper disposal of needles, sharps and medical wastes.
Organizational Changes and Low Morale
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Novato, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Strong Benefits Package
Cons: People and thier contributions are not recognized consistently throughout the organization
Healthcare reform has changed the medical and insurance industry tremendously over the last few years. I worked in Sales and Account Management which has been greatly affected.

Kaiser has gone through a number of layoffs in various departments and morale is very low.

The work-life quality at Kaiser is largely dependent on your immediate manager and team. I had an excellent team for more than 7 years and was very happy. However, when the organization restructured and the upper layers of management changed completely, the human aspect of work was lost and morale plummeted. I would no longer recommend Kaiser Sales and Account Management as a desirable place to work.
Patient Care
LPN-IV (Current Employee), Cleveland Heights,OHJune 29, 2015
The best part of my job is my patients. Love them!!!! I also enjoy my co-workers we are like a big family with ups and downs but we are here for each other if needed.
cool place
Environmental Service/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2015
just come to work and do my job looking to help people and clean the hospital for other patient can be safe and clean at the same time.
Kaiser has many good points. Working conditions are excellent. I have not worked in the main portion of kaiser but in Research Only.
Research Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benifites
Cons: Pay
KP emplyees enjoy comfortble working conditions. Staff are friendly and mostly work well together. There is a feeling of team work every where. This includes the Doctor as well as the nurses. Love it here but need a change.
Great Place to work
Emergency Care Hub Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2015
For the most part I have a fairly clear workflow. I learn something new everyday which helps me to advance in my dept. I feel there is a great support system, if I don't know the answer to something I can always ask my lead nurse right then and there or even the Chief Doctor.
Awesome job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Hollywood, CAJune 28, 2015
Great time working at Kaiser Permanente. Love the atmosphere and employees. I had an advantage to learning a great deal about the medical field. Anyone who doesn't have experience can surely gain experience in the field of medical assisting at this company.
Fun work environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2015
The only part that wasn't pleasant about working here was not getting paid; otherwise it was a very enjoyable experience.
internal medicine
LPN Internal Medicine and Primary Care (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, COJune 26, 2015
primary care clinic, with a variety of services for patients and their families, providing education to patients and their families
Great employer
Administrative Assistant/ Service Representative (Former Employee), Baldwin Park, CAJune 26, 2015
A typical work day would me a busy one. A lot of multi-tasking. Never had any issues. A typical work day would me a busy one. A lot of multi-tasking. Never had any issues.
The best to place to work Kaiser has one good benefit.
Buyer, Capital and Project (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJune 26, 2015
One good place to work with...excellent work place. This company has a very professional work place setting. Talented people and good pay.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Salaries