Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,613 reviews matching the search
The job is the same the team has no heart or team work.
EUS Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoSeptember 4, 2015
My co workers are good technically but, they do not have the same family presence that I came from. They are only looking out for themselves. I was promised a certain position when I relocated 3 months later I seen that position filled by 2 contractors. I was not given any assistance moving to Colorado and I would not recommend anyone joining the IT department here if your looking for a team environment.
Pros
Great healthcare!!!
Cons
Terrible Pay, no relocation or cost of living wage raise for moving to Colorado.
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 24, 2015
Anybody who works for Kaiser will tell you that the company is one of the best companies to work for. The company has the best benefits that one can ask for.
Great corporation to work for.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 24, 2015
Kaiser is a great corporation to work for. Kaiser offers great advancement levels,great benefits,great pay and overall a good working environment.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Lot of work, they will keep you busy which is good.
Real Life Experiences
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 31, 2015
I never new the mechanics of what makes a good medical center until I starting working for Kaiser. To say the least I am continuously inquisitive about workflow, processes and upward mobility. I will say unless you are covered under a union umbrella one seems to be lost in the shuffle - somewhat of a after thought that your are actually there contributing to their daily success. Work is non-stop as I am the department Timekeeper and with the various shifts and unions that I work with, none the less, keeps me quite occupied. Management is always available to touch base with, however, being the expert -per say- in this role is the norm. The staff works some pretty long hours, thus I am amazed at the amount of attention given to the patients. There's never a dull moment here in the Operating Room and its always a learning experience.
Pros
Visible to the community.
Cons
No contingency planning.
Company that provides employment to intelligent, hard working individuals with a desire to succeed. Strong supportive manager core
Staff Business Specialist & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 4, 2015
Kaiser Permanente finds pride in the wellness and well-being of its employees with various programs in place for the employees to use. Kaiser Permanente's mission is the utmost care of its members, with a strong commitment to providing quality affordable healthcare service. Job security is high, though advancement may not occur without extended commitment of time and hard work. Kaiser Permanente provides high quality healthcare benefits to its employees, and average compensation compared to private industries.
Great Professional Work Environment
Service Representative Reception Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2015
Professional work place love the pay and great benefits and also love the hours that you get from there. Also love the location. the only bad thing is that i went through a temp agency.
Pros
Just love every thing about the job
Cons
Went through a temp agency
Great place for a career
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 16, 2015
Great place to work for, heatlh benefits can not be beat. Great place to start and end your work career. As long as you put in time in the company, the pay and benefits are top tier.
benefits
Cons
certain restrictions vary by place
Excellent Workplace
systems engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 30, 2015
Flexible work environment with challenging healthcare IT opportunities. Excellent benefits and healthcare. Company fosters a good balance of work and life.
Proud employee
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 4, 2015
Fantastic place to work and great place to receive health care! Great advancement opportunities, great compensation and benefits.
An amazing workplace.
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 11, 2016
My time with Kaiser was extremely valuable. I learned a lot and was presented with many positive, growth challenges. The company is a geared toward building from within, which allowed many of my coworkers and I to receive loads of professional development. Leaving this position wasn't an easy decision but I had to follow my wife, it was my spousal duty.
Pros
Job security, professional development, and professional advancement, .
Cons
Battles between the Union and Management.
Professional environment
help desk (Current Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 4, 2015
Professional environment with mostly polite people. Hardest part of the job would be being constantly micro managed that divert us from thinking on what needs to be done to what does management want.
Pros
Benefits, Environment
Cons
Management likes to micro manage
Fabulous company, challenging employees
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 20, 2015
Trying to motivate a stagnant culture. To influence them to want to do more. The employees are union protected, thus making it impossible to discipline via corrective action and require nurses to seek to improve their skills
Pros
compensation & benefits
Cons
stagnant employees, union
Very demanding,exciting place to work
150 hour Health Information Technology Externship (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 11, 2016
Overall Kaiser was very organized, comfortable place to work.
A typical work day there was pleasant, fast paced, place to work
The co workers were always warm, and pleasant.
What I learned is the career that I have dreamed is definitely possible.
The Management team was awesome, strict, but not stressful, and always complimented when job well done was in order.
The hardest part of the job, was satisfying patients at 100 percent, 100 percent of the time.
The atmosphere was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good company culture, benefits, & compensation.
Medicare Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 9, 2015
Good company culture, benefits, & compensation. The company is in the process of improving techology, consolidation, and service in the Health Plan for better working conditions and customer service.
Flexible, rewarding, with great customer service
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 4, 2015
It is a progressive organization that places people and their health first.

The support provided from management reflected their concern for work-life balance

The compensation package exceeded my expectations.
Pros
compensation
Cons
distance from home
Enjoyed the first year
Principal Storage and Backup Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 23, 2015
Long working hours, constant management changes, great coworkers are abundant. Crisis driven and culture of escalation. Base compensation is decent but if you don't prefer Kaiser HMO, then you are in a world of money hurt.
Pharmacy Tech along side very hard working people
BC Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GANovember 11, 2015
I love working for Kaiser. The benefits were outstanding and the atmosphere was fun. I got to know a lot of different people who had the same goals as I did. I was able to work overtime when ever I needed to and that really helped when I was a single mother.
productive and stress-free environment to work in
Nutrition Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2015
A great preventative care institution, devoted to encourage and support, not only the wellness and health of the patients, but also the health of the employees. The company focuses on cherishing and recognizing the vitality of the employee and creates and ambiance that is great to work in.
Pros
interaction with patients, benefits
Cons
busy
Very professional business
Construction Estimator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2015
Strong leadership with realistic goals. Management was fare and good to work with. Benefits were excellent and salary was good for the work performed.
Good at times
claims examiner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
Great place to work, pay and benefits are great. Would have stayed if our department didn't move to Denver, CO.
Overall good place to work
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
coworkers (some) pety, complaining about anything and everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2