Kaiser Permanente
2,149 reviews

Kaiser Permanente Employer Reviews

Provided prescriptions orders to patient
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Entered prescription information via the PIMS system via customers doctors or nurses. Accurate conversion and calculations of given prescriptions for orders as well as filtered patient inquiries appropriately.
Great company, Very organized with great people and benefits.
Customer Service Assoc (Current Employee), Aurora COFebruary 20, 2015
Worked with large accounts to assure product correct, Track shipment on orders, invoices and payment agreements met.
very political environment
Recruitment Coordinator/Assistant-Human Resources (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: no room for growth
would love to see what we preach......equal opportunity employer!! I love my job, and enjoy working with most of my new hires, but would love to be able to acquire more knowledge, more responsibility, & essentially have professional growth within the company.
Solid pay and benefits, but management is constantly stressing about profit, budget, and cuts no matter how much money the company is making
Apprentice Engineer (Current Employee), OaklandFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: pay, health benefits.
Cons: no "cool" factor. boring place to work.
Steady job, but it is Union so that is the only reason. They go through upper management like it's going out of style. Always talking about "healthy living" but don't really do much to prove it. No decent gyms on site, poor employee discounts at off site gyms, and rewards are always pizza, donuts, or cookies.
Great experience!
Medical Assisting Extern (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I did my internship here and the staff was pleasant and patients were always happy knowing they received the best care from our department.
family work enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), MarylandFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch, and family work evironment
Cons: commuting
I love working for KP. it was the first job I had after military. The work environment was busy, friendly and a family like environment. KP family influence the job and patients. Everyone worked together to fulfill the mission and provide the best care for each patient.
Productive, and fun
Sr.Telephony Analyst/Project Management (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: the best healthcare package.
A typical day is having a to do list, supporting clients, you learn is that every aspect of your job impact patient care, therefore, stay present all the time, technology is a step ahead of your game so keep on catching up. Kaiser management provides learning tools to keep you on track. Its like a big family working to prevent the cancers.
Thrive or Die!
Executive Assistant-Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful enviroment
Management is terrible and clueless. It's hard to advance and the pay was ok. Kaiser is known for this type of behavior. Co-workers were backstabbers, and the environment is very stressful since you're dealing with whinny management all the time.
Great Company
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 19, 2015
Great company to work for. I was only a contract administrator for 6 months but i enjoyed the flexible schedule and the people I have met!
Family oriented workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Wailuku, HIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: lunches, someone is always bringing us things to enjoy in the office
Cons: n/a
We were closed just like a family. Always look out for each other. We always acknowledge each other with a hello and good bye at the start and end of day. Everyone is always willing to help you if you need the help.
Internship Experience
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I have been an intern at Kaiser Permanente since April 2014. I am glad to have had the experience to be an intern while I am still enrolled in college. My main role is to support 30+ people on the California Sales team. I have traveled up and down the coast to support various team members and have gotten to work in multiple workplace environments with different members of the team.
the most enjoyable part of this job
RN Intern (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Is working with health care team of professionals that are wicked smart and love what they do. I love the passion and the direction of the company as a model for health care in our time.
The job
Service Referral Clerk (Current Employee), Wailuku, HIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: short commute & good pay
There was always a variety, within the job. You have the same job and assignment; but the day could vary. Monday was always the busiest; but Mondays flew by.
Busy
Ward Clerk Transcriber (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Very busy workplace. Co-workers are helpful. Knowing that every single day we helped a lot of patient and cant wait to do it all over again.
Good Benefits
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: corporation mentally
Good coworkers, hard management, very corporate mentally. Enjoyed working for company, but management made it a cold place to work for.
Excellent place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Love the job and the people I worked with. Great benefits. Excellent pay scale, available resources when in need. I was allowed to work from home and call in meetings which is a great advantage.
Implementing a new claims system
Pediatric and Geriatric, Data Entry (Former Employee), Bellflower, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Not a very good organization. Very disorganized with a lack of good leadership. Changed direction and solutions many times. A very frustrating organization to work for.
Leading healthcare organization in the country
Quality Assurance Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2015
Kaiser Permanente is a leading healthcare organization in the country with an integrated healthcare delivery model. Employees and supported and encouraged to be forward thinking and innovative.
Unorganized work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unorganized
I loved working with Kaiser because I worked with a lot of dedicated and professional people. Although I personally felt the whole training process and knowledge of company structure was very unorganized.
great environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Going to work was not a drag. I enjoyed going to work and meeting new people as well as working with my co-workers. The day was so busy time would pass by fast. I had a great experience working at Kaiser Permanente.

About Kaiser Permanente

OVERVIEW America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals – Read more

Kaiser Permanente Photos