Kalamazoo College Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 24, 2017
There was a very friendly atmosphere at work but you were also expected to do your job well. Jen Bailey is great at her job. Management was great the schedules were always out early and she communicated with employees well.
Great People and Work Atmosphere
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 16, 2017
The job kind of sucked, but the people you talk to around you make it worth it. It's a bit difficult to guess what you're going to get out of it because sometimes managers change and they completely change their attitude towards rules and the like.
Fun
Grader/TA (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 26, 2017
It is what it is. Minimum wage for grading papers. It can be difficult, you work with others and they may have a different grading scale, so students think one or the other is unfair.
Pros
helping students learn
Cons
very little pay for the work
Fun and dynamic workplace
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 28, 2017
I gave tours to prospective students, learning how to communicate to a wide variety of people across the country. My supervisor was a wonderful mentor who taught me how to be self assured. Overcoming the initial public speaking hurdle was difficult, but once I found my niche I gained confidence.
Instructor of Speech and Theatre
Instructor/Tailor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 26, 2017
I was hired as Instructor of Theatre and Speech for a temporary period of time. This was not a permanent position.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it. I worked very well with my colleagues and enjoyed the students and the work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the students. I was very pleased working with this talented group of young people.
Workplace was very nice.
Management was very willing to listen to suggestions.
Overall, a very positive experience.
Pros
very positive environment to work.
Cons
that it was a temporary position; i hated to leave
Kalamazoo college is a great place to work i been working for k for 10 years i like talking to the students. Hanging out with the students
Custodial (Current Employee) –  1200 Academy StreetMarch 7, 2017
I have learned a lot working for kalamazoo college the staff is very helpful and so are the students buts it's a lot of work in the summer cleaning dorms living learning units academic buildings stripping waxing floors moving heavy furniture and much much more .
Pros
Good health-care
Great Department
Grader/TA (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 1, 2016
The physics department at Kalamazoo College was overall excellent to work for. My only complaint would be the salary as it doesn't really match the work that we are doing as TAs and graders.
Productive Enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 12, 2016
Always busy with college students wanting food. Co-Works were easy going and pleasant to work with. Hardest part was dealing with call offs. The job didn't really let workers double up on duties.
Service Learning
Heartbeat Coordinator and Civic Engagement Scholar (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 28, 2015
Working through Kalamazoo College as a Civic Engagement Scholar at Kalamazoo Central High School's Heartbeat program was an amazing learning experience and extremely fulfilling. The best part of the job was working with the kids at Kalamazoo High School every week, and seeing them grow and develop confidence in themselves.
Somewhat Frustrating Work Environment
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working as a Zumba Fitness Instructor in the Office of Student Involvement at Kalamazoo College, it was not without its frustrations. Due to their fitness schedule, I was only teaching Zumba once every three weeks. The schedule changed again, and I was only teaching once every six weeks. I was happy to work with these changes, then the day and time of the fitness classes changed another time. Unfortunately, I had a schedule conflict (class during the time I was supposed to teach) and gave the College plenty of notice. Instead of working with me, they opted to find another Zumba instructor.
Pros
Able to gain Zumba teaching experience
Cons
Unusual schedule, no willingness to work with other's schedules
Productive working environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 9, 2014
The work was most enjoyable because of the wonderful working environment provided by my supervisor and co-workers.
Excelent Place to work
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 10, 2013
I enjoy everyone involved with my employment. Great people with great attitudes and love what they do.
Admissions Recruiting
35,00 (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 27, 2013
Very good place to gain experience in admissions and being a professional. Interesting students to work with and great location. Fun events on campus.
Pros
salary and staff
Cons
location
Great place to work and great people
Benefits Manager/HRIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 9, 2012
I love coming to work as I look forward to helping with issues and problems or just edecating.
Very productive and social environment.
Television Studio Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2012
I enjoyed being given the opportunity to constantly meet people and engage in lively and moving conversations.
Pros
lived on-campus.
Cons
short shifts.
Higher Education Life
Admission Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 4, 2012
Extremely fast paced, in regards to deadlines needed to be met. You work with a strong team that helps you reach every deadline and you are counted on to help others as well.
Fun and Interactive with new challenges
Laboratory Teaching Assistant and SI (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 21, 2012
As a laboratory teaching assistant, I made sure all of the reagents and supplies were ready and organized for the students. I've prepared solutions and instruments for use as well as instructing the students how to use them properly. It was a lot of fun getting to know the students and reviewing the concepts from classes I had taken a few years ago.
Admissions and Recruiting
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 2, 2012
Territory managment experience was invaluable. Networking was intense. Multi cultural recruitment was rewarding.
Pros
travel
Cons
location of college

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kalamazoo College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4