Kaleida Health Employee Reviews in United States

Pca
PCA, medical assistant and cna (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2016
Not a good place to work always laying off or bumping no job security even for those with over ten years.
Okay pay. Great pto. Management is horrible, do not care about patient care. Some nurse are okay. Vitals every four hours draw blood do ekgs and EMR. Assist in personal care and what ever the nurses may ask I'm between your other duties.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No job security will lay you off or bump you around
Nice Staff ...ok pay
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221April 21, 2016
Nice Staff & ok pay based on other healthcare groups. Kaleida helps pay for college. My position is a 12 hour shift and tends to go by fast and my co-workers work as a team.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
pay could be better
A great place to work with a future
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2016
Kaleida has great benefits and fair pay. It is currently trying to change it's culture to a more effective and friendly workplace. Kaleida's demands of employees has grown but change, like in most atmospheres, is difficult to accept by some staff. There measures will most likely lead to success. This is a fast paced atmosphere, much is expected of you. Do not come here if you want to skate by.
Great food in the hospital cafeteria!
nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2016
Avoid this company. They consistently change out management, provide no leadership or training. It is a nightmare! They will routinely change out staff before they are vested.
Pros
Great food in hospital cafeteria.
Cons
paid parking, clueless management
Fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2016
The days all depends on how the manager feel I learned Property lock ups patient assist patient information i learned how to use the radio the codes. I learned how to use the motor vehicles
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Great atmosphere
Office Supervisor - Lead Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2016
I have great coworkers along with great pay and benefits.I enjoy my day to day tasks and love what I do for a career. I have been with the company for over two years and have had two different positions while still currently working there.
over all
Manager Materials Management Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2016
Good place to work, good benefits, good pay, excellent PTO for employees.
Change in upper management is consistence need stability in the company and on the nursing units.
Pros
good pay
Cons
To many changes in nurse managers
great work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2016
answering phones and assisting patience
attention to detail
Amazing
like a family
being in a dangerous area
employees were like family
Pros
good money for a young age
very busy short staffed hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at BGMC was usually hectic and overwhelming due to the fact that we were understaffed. Very rarely did I have less than six patients at a time and that was on a good day. I have taken care of nine busy sickly patients and then had to leave the unit to do CAPD which left the other two or three nurses to cover my patients. Working on a med/surg floor I most certainly learned alot. We got a wide variety of people, from having a minor aliment to full blown vegetative state requiring total care which is time consuming. One of the best parts of working for Kaleida was meeting some amazing people from co-workers to patients. I loved interacting with my patients and hearing so many different life stories.
Current Employee
staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Great place to work with great salary and benefits. Managers a pleasure to work for, very knowledgeable, caring, and go the extra mile.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
There are pros and cons
unknown (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Talk with people who work there to get their opinion. It is like anyplace else: there are pros and cons. It depends on what you are looking for in job.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Morale
Work in progress
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This company certainly has its ups and downs. Being in a union has great benefits and job security. But the way people use and abuse it is insane. Some people ride the system and take advantage and never get any work done. Others dont say a word and get their job done and go home. I am a great worker trying to find full time, I've been here for 2 years and still haven't gotten the chance to go full time and even then you might get bumped due to a countless number of layoffs and dept closings.
BENEFITS
Cons
UNION
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2016
The people that work for the hospital sometimes take things out on the smaller man on the pole due to not having a good day on there floor. But that's when you have to say its not you personally there just going thru things at a hospital
Pros
have to have thick shin
Cons
great place to start your career
ct/us/mammo (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 29, 2015
most up to date technology, learned a lot of the newer technology, fast paced, alot of responsibilty and working independently
it is ok
Technology Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2015
My position is very busy. which I enjoy. It is becoming to easy for me now. I am looking for something more challenging. It has great benefit too.
Fast paced rewarding work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 9, 2015
A fast paced and rewarding work environment helping others and making a difference in the community. A great place to work.
Not a happy camper...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2015
Patients not treated with respect and dignity, my complaints to managements always were ignored, staff on their cellphones all of the time, staff arguments in front of patients, nurses not being handles despite multiple errors,etc.
Pros
I have none.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Productive and great place to work
Executive Secretary to President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 3, 2015
Ability to advance professionally
Good workplace atmosphere
Co-workers are considered family
Fast paced ever-changing company
Good Benefits. Terrible training
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie CountyOctober 25, 2015
As a seasoned nurse I can see that the right candidate can thrive here. Very good pay and benefits. The general workplace culture is terrible. The training I received was scattered. I was placed with two different preceptors who were dealing with massive personal problems who should have been on personal leave. There was little follow up from my manager in regards to my training. The documentation was difficult to learn when not given the proper training. There were a lot of very stressed people employed there. Very little work/life balance. If you get proper training and are single with no children then this job is great. There is a lot of on call responsibility and weekend shifts expected.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor training, lots of paperwork, no time for breaks, stressful.
great food
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 21, 2015
the health field is very stressful job.
not a strong backing of the employees.
never enough staff.no incentive to improve morale
Pros
great pay
Cons
not enough bounces offered