Kaleida Health

Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Women & Children's Hospital, Buffalo NY 14222July 9, 2015
A great place to work to serve the women and children of western NY. Being a part of a larger company there is room for career advancement.
Overall good.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Pay. Benefits. Co-workers
Cons: Distance from home
I have worked for Kaleida Health for 23years. It has given me many opportunities in my nursing career. It has its ups & downs as an organization through the years. the current Management Team is improving the overall "Caring" attitude of the environment which was much needed.

I work with a awesome team of co-workers and we help each other out throughout our day. Our immediate Manager is always excessible and supportive.
Very worthwild experience..
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2015
I've learned to much at my last job. Everyday was like the first day and the reward you get at the end of the day...knowing you prevented someone from having a cardiac infarction (heart attack).
Great rapport with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff to provide best possible care.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Feeling at the end of each day that you've really contributed something important.
Cons: People are not always prepared for life and death situations.
Working within a team to provide the best possible care from every angle of incoming emergencies, surgeries through recovery and rehabilitation opportunities. Provide resources for successful progression for the patient as he/she moves through their hospital stay.

Coworkers that team together to help one another manage significant workloads. Sharing knowledge with others through teaching and/or mentoring new employees, residents and nursing.

Helping families and patients with simple laymen's explanations that help them to make decisions regarding their loved one.
aweful
m (Former Employee), BuffaloJune 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: management is terrible
Very fake people who claim that they care. Management claims to be "transparent" but are not. They do not take the time to train properly. Upper Management with a few exceptions is terrible.
Hospital
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), N Tonawanda, NYJune 12, 2015
Workers try their best to make patients feel safe and important
My co- workers are always by my side to help in any situation and together we make a great team !
Good experience in management and operations
Supervisor of Staffing and Communication Operators (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 8, 2015
Received great experience in management and the operations of a business/organization. I had great mentors and guidance as I moved up through the organization. Developed some amazing relationships with co-workers, in which we all still keep in touch.
Just like any other work place
Materials Handler (Current Employee), Central supplyMay 9, 2015
Its good and can be a lot. Its a hospital. I stock er rooms and make sure floors are stocked as well in their supply rooms. everyone gets along and we try to help each other out
Prideful
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCApril 30, 2015
Pros: sense of pride, leadership, and dedication
Cons: being away from family can be challeging.
I joined the USMC at 18 and I honestly can say that being a US Marine is a complete honor and privilege. The knowledge I gained from my service is unexplainable.
Highpointe is not a good place to work
LPN (Former Employee), HighpointeApril 13, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
Cons: Management and staffing
Many of the people that work there are trying to leave because of the working conditions. It is one star according to standards, and it is run poorly. The hardest part of the job is co workers, trying to make it through the shift is difficult in a threatening environment. Its a surprise that it is part of Kaleida! The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients, but Highpointe needs an overhaul.

It is so hard to stay there they mandated that if you start there you have to be there for two years before you post out.
Great company to work for.
Manager of Clinic Operations (Former Employee), Buffalo, New YorkMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A typical day was daily day to day operations. Greeting patients/staff/physicians. Made sure the clinic flow went smoothly for the patients and physician's.

I learned how to manage my budget.

Management was very helpful with any obstacles and or questions.

co workers were respectful, kind, helpful.

Hardest part trying to stay with-in budget

The job itself, love people.
Nice place for advancment
C.N.A / P.C.A (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: enjoyed doing something different, like blood drawing, finger sticks, and ekg's
Cons: should not have resigned
Come in check on patients while i am taking their vitals,do my blood draws,finger stinks,check with floor nurses on the progress of the patients. and fellow what ever nurse wants me to do.
Family oriented
Charge/Staff RN - PACU (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Worked in PACU. Staff worked as team in scheduling and making improvements in unit
Fun place to work i would give this place 100% for a good job
Central Supply/PSA (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: your buy your lunch or bring it from home
Cons: 45 minute lunch break and 15 minute break
Nice place to work very good nurses and doctors i did 20 yrs at this job and enjoyed every day of it i learned a lot , the hardest part was leaving to retire after all these yrs and the most loving part was the patients and giving care,, to them. my rating is A+
Kaleida Health
Document Imaging Record Processor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 31, 2014
Supportive environment, encouraging employees to succeed.
Job
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2014
The jobs are ok but the company has gone down since the change of CEO. Lack of job security
Good benifits, lousey management
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benifits, pay
Cons: management
Decent pay and good benefits. Management and lack of direction is causing me to look around.
Not the best place to work or the worst place either
Medical Staff Liaison - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: great health insurance options
Cons: work load
Top managers need more training on how to deal with employees, and when issues came up
Many jobs available for people who want to work in health care
Mgr-Vol. Srvs & Com.& Director-McLaughlin Ctr. (Former Employee), North Tonawanda, NYJuly 23, 2014
I was always busy managing 200 volunteers, doing community outreach and directing the McLaughlin Center events. My job was not secure. The state commission demanded downsizing of area hospitals and I was replaced with a part time employee. I loved the job and missed it very much.
Very unfair management team
Supervisor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits for employees.
Cons: unbearable bullying done by management, no understanding or helping hand
Management does not listen to issues or problems, and will constantly threaten your job security if you voice your opinion. They expect everyone to complete work that is piled on them, even if it means being there on your own time, not seeing your family and spending your days off at work.

1 2 3 4

About Kaleida Health

Kaleida Health¬†provides a kaleidoscope of services to residents of western New¬†York. The health system operates five acute care – Read more

Kaleida Health Salaries