Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

Very progressive healthcare system.
Senior Decision Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 4, 2017
Kaleida Health is the largest healthcare provider in Western New York, serving the area's eight counties with state-of-the-art technology and comprehensive healthcare services. Its expert, compassionate healthcare professionals are committed to providing the best possible outcomes and experience for patients and visitors.
I love my job but management does not make me want to excel.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 1, 2017
Management should be labeled micro-management. They don't seem to understand what we do on a daily basis; they only read about it on paper and never see it in action.
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed a variety of roles in my 23 years at Kaleida Health and I enjoyed every one of them. I would return to work there without hesitation if the right position opened up.
Patient Care Assistant/Phlebotomy/EKG (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 19, 2017
Great place to work enjoyed the opportunity to learn and work with and for a great staff. Kaleida was important In my growth of knowledge and experience.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Workplace culture
Collections/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 12, 2017
I worked for the VNA Home Care, Inc, this was a division of Kaleida Health I enjoyed my job and miss my co-workers and position there very much. Management was great and always helpful when the need arose. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Salary and Schedule Hours great
Cons
I have none.
Good place
Nutrition Assistant/room service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 10, 2017
I get to meet different peole,also assist them. .over all I am people person I. also enjoy atmosphere Kalieda put people in.It's s care place, and that's what I am a Caring person.
Cons
Healthcare
Kaleida health
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2017
It's a good job kaleida is one of the highest paying hospitals in the city. They have good benefits and you have the opportunity to move around in the company
ok
Patient Care Associate, (Former Employee) –  100 high stOctober 5, 2017
ok work place very fast paced but certain employes do what ever they want and nothing is done about the union protects them
the pay and benefits are the only reason I stayed
Pros
good people
Cons
long days
Good company if you do not plan to advance
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2017
I began in a part-time position. I posted for a different job a few times and after 3 years, finally got advanced to a full time job 5 grades higher. Was currently enrolled for a BS in college. Now that I have my degree, I am unable to advance to my current field of expertise. Very disappointing to see new hires coming in for these positions, and I am stuck for 4 years in the same place with no chance to advance. I will likely have to leave to break into my field. Absolute madness!! The recruiters are the gate keepers that squash opportunities, and they are permitted to get away with it. There should be career counseling, especially for those that used the company's tuition assistance. Why would you pay to educate your employee and then allow them to take their skills to another company? Why would you not desire to retain them and encourage their development? Makes no sense!! My recommendation to a newcomer...make your best negotiation when you come into the door as your 1-2% annual increase will leave you feeling very unappreciated.
Pros
Good amount of PTO, benefits are good, nice coworkers
Cons
Management out of touch, few opportunities to advance, HR is the gatekeeper to opportunity, limiting the advancement opportunities. Union employees are favored over non-union. .
Interesting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed when I first started but thru the years nursing became more about technical things and less emphasis and time could be given to direct pt. care.
Kaleida
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Kaleida was the best job, Ive ever had. I had to leave to move to Kansas, I have been trying to get back in the system. Kaleida had great staff, benefits, and compensation. Hard to get in, but once you're in is great.
Every workplace has pros and cons
Lead Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Every work place has pros and cons. Working in healthcare is stressful. Being a staffing coordinator in long term health is challenging deal with may call offs, disciplines, and holding employees accountible. There are upsides to the position seeing residents recover from injuries, or employees taking the next step in their careers.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYAugust 26, 2017
Productive place to work even though it's fast paced on morning shift. Friendly Co workers, and management. I enjoy working at kaleida I just wish they're were more accommodations when it comes to education. Trying to balance work and school can be tough I believe it should be easier when your trying to educate and succeed within yourself.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short staff
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYAugust 24, 2017
Positive environment with room for advancement but current consolidation affecting everyone at this time especially staff located at both Degraff and Millard
wonderful care for children
RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2017
Currently work in surgical services. It is a constantly changing and evolving environment. The hardest part of the job is the children we cant "fix." The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the family as an entire unit.
Pros
the patient population
Cons
new views, direction of the facility
Kaleida Health
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 28, 2017
Theres lots of room for advancment, the Union and Kaleida do tuition reinemburcment. The ER is crazy, but really if you mid your own business and do your job you will have no problems
Pros
great insurance
Cons
Parking is terriable and expensive
Trying to do their best for the patient
Manager, Health Information (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2017
Kaleida is very focused on the patient experience and focuses their efforts on quality care by leading from the bedside. They have an excellent medical staff and provide the highest quality care in the area.
Productive and friendly
Medical Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2017
We have a very friendly staff and management. Overall working environment was enjoyable, senior staffs were very knowledgeable and were willing to teach.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2017
Enjoyed working with many people who were dedicated to the health and well being of patients and families. Company has many sharp leaders and workers and a nice atmosphere.
Good benefits but expectations are very high
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 3, 2017
Large corporate environment in a hospital setting. Very good benefits but management can be over-bearing. The culture is rather negative as well. Still decent place to work regardless.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Tough management and culture