Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

best place
CNA (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYOctober 27, 2016
AMAZING. would work there again! fun good pay and benefits. amazing management. organized and fair. great support. awesome residents. definatly a great place to have a career.
Ever changing, challenging
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Coworkers are great, very supportive. Adequate supplies. Overtime easily available. Benefits good. Parking is issue, employees pay. No cafeteria overnight, but tim hortons in lobby.
Operator room aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2016
I love coming to work everyday we have good understanding how we going to get are job done each day very organized place to work all are supplies are available
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
not well managed under the housekeeping department, but overall the experience was fun, and refreshing. because of the fact that I was in housekeeping, the staff was not as dedicated to maintaining the area as they are assigned.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
the management was not organized
Stays busy. Great co-workers
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 4, 2016
Good place to work if you enjoy working a lot.
Have to work holidays and weekends.
Pay and benefits are really good.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Work weekends & holidays, pay for parking
Good environment to work for
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 11, 2016
Large medical organisation in the metropolatain Buffalo/WNY area; positive atmosphere; accessible facility location within commuting and/or public transit.
Excellent Opportunity
Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2016
Position provided tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth. Rewarding experience providing information to new clinical employees, doctors, physician assistants and nurses.
Wonderful Staff
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 6, 2016
I managed some wonderful women! I miss them dearly. This one of the best careers of my life. I've learned so much about healthcare and people.
profeesional workplace nice coworkers
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 4, 2016
Progressive work place. Always changing to increase patient volume and meet the needs of the patients. Management is accessible. Vey high volume enjoy meeting new people. the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult patients.
Pca
PCA, medical assistant and cna (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2016
Not a good place to work always laying off or bumping no job security even for those with over ten years.
Okay pay. Great pto. Management is horrible, do not care about patient care. Some nurse are okay. Vitals every four hours draw blood do ekgs and EMR. Assist in personal care and what ever the nurses may ask I'm between your other duties.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No job security will lay you off or bump you around
Nice Staff ...ok pay
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221April 21, 2016
Nice Staff & ok pay based on other healthcare groups. Kaleida helps pay for college. My position is a 12 hour shift and tends to go by fast and my co-workers work as a team.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
pay could be better
A great place to work with a future
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2016
Kaleida has great benefits and fair pay. It is currently trying to change it's culture to a more effective and friendly workplace. Kaleida's demands of employees has grown but change, like in most atmospheres, is difficult to accept by some staff. There measures will most likely lead to success. This is a fast paced atmosphere, much is expected of you. Do not come here if you want to skate by.
Great food in the hospital cafeteria!
nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2016
Avoid this company. They consistently change out management, provide no leadership or training. It is a nightmare! They will routinely change out staff before they are vested.
Pros
Great food in hospital cafeteria.
Cons
paid parking, clueless management
Fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2016
The days all depends on how the manager feel I learned Property lock ups patient assist patient information i learned how to use the radio the codes. I learned how to use the motor vehicles
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Great atmosphere
Office Supervisor - Lead Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2016
I have great coworkers along with great pay and benefits.I enjoy my day to day tasks and love what I do for a career. I have been with the company for over two years and have had two different positions while still currently working there.
over all
Manager Materials Management Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2016
Good place to work, good benefits, good pay, excellent PTO for employees.
Change in upper management is consistence need stability in the company and on the nursing units.
Pros
good pay
Cons
To many changes in nurse managers
great work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2016
answering phones and assisting patience
attention to detail
Amazing
like a family
being in a dangerous area
employees were like family
Pros
good money for a young age
very busy short staffed hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at BGMC was usually hectic and overwhelming due to the fact that we were understaffed. Very rarely did I have less than six patients at a time and that was on a good day. I have taken care of nine busy sickly patients and then had to leave the unit to do CAPD which left the other two or three nurses to cover my patients. Working on a med/surg floor I most certainly learned alot. We got a wide variety of people, from having a minor aliment to full blown vegetative state requiring total care which is time consuming. One of the best parts of working for Kaleida was meeting some amazing people from co-workers to patients. I loved interacting with my patients and hearing so many different life stories.
Current Employee
staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Great place to work with great salary and benefits. Managers a pleasure to work for, very knowledgeable, caring, and go the extra mile.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
There are pros and cons
unknown (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Talk with people who work there to get their opinion. It is like anyplace else: there are pros and cons. It depends on what you are looking for in job.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Morale