Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

best place
CNA (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYOctober 27, 2016
AMAZING. would work there again! fun good pay and benefits. amazing management. organized and fair. great support. awesome residents. definatly a great place to have a career.
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
not well managed under the housekeeping department, but overall the experience was fun, and refreshing. because of the fact that I was in housekeeping, the staff was not as dedicated to maintaining the area as they are assigned.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
the management was not organized
Horrible Workplace Environment & Management
Finance Dept (Former Employee) –  Visiting Nursing Association of WNYJanuary 22, 2017
Worst company I ever worked for. Everyone in the admin offices are nasty, negative, lazy, incompetent, and most of the employees are protected by the union (so they can get away with doing the bare minimum and then you will be subjected to doing their work for them even though it's not relevant to finance.) Management is absolutely horrendous in the finance dept. Extremely high turnover that's why you see them keep posting for positions in the finance department. The accounting manager lacks the ability to manage people, explain things well, presents themself as a slob, and is extremely unprofessional. Everyone you will have to encounter in other departments will walk all over you and treat you terribly and you are not allowed to stick up for yourself. Everyone is in edge because they fire people a lot. The secretary in the finance department is an absolutely rude, arrogant, judgmental, and an overall nasty woman. She will make your worklife extremely difficult to bear if she doesn't like your personal life choices. The workload is insane and extremely inefficient. Management won't change anything about it even though they encourage all new hires to suggest ideas about "streamlining" the process. You are expected to work a lot of overtime even though they swear to all new hires they are only expected 10 hours of overtime max per month. They will overwhelm you with the work of about 2-3 people. My advice is to avoid working there at all costs. The stress and amount of disrespect you will encounter is not worth the money or benefits. Avoid at all costs or learn the hard way.
Pros
No pro's at all
Cons
Horrible management, high turnover, people treat you terribly, avoid at all costs or you will learn the hard way!!!
Ever changing, challenging
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Coworkers are great, very supportive. Adequate supplies. Overtime easily available. Benefits good. Parking is issue, employees pay. No cafeteria overnight, but tim hortons in lobby.
Stays busy. Great co-workers
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 4, 2016
Good place to work if you enjoy working a lot.
Have to work holidays and weekends.
Pay and benefits are really good.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Work weekends & holidays, pay for parking
Great place to work with career advancement
Nurse Assistant - MFS too (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 11, 2016
Well managed organization with many opportunities to advance your career. tuition assistance is a bonus. Wish there was a northtowns location with more job opportunities. DeGraff used to be a pleasant and bright place to work in the 80's and 90's - it's so dark and depressing now. It definitely has potential. It would be nice to bring some life back into it, have it provide more services to its community like it did back in the day. The grounds could use a face lift, its more of an eyesore now unfortunately.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Locations - most have lengthy commute
A great place to work with a future
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2016
Kaleida has great benefits and fair pay. It is currently trying to change it's culture to a more effective and friendly workplace. Kaleida's demands of employees has grown but change, like in most atmospheres, is difficult to accept by some staff. There measures will most likely lead to success. This is a fast paced atmosphere, much is expected of you. Do not come here if you want to skate by.
Work in progress
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This company certainly has its ups and downs. Being in a union has great benefits and job security. But the way people use and abuse it is insane. Some people ride the system and take advantage and never get any work done. Others dont say a word and get their job done and go home. I am a great worker trying to find full time, I've been here for 2 years and still haven't gotten the chance to go full time and even then you might get bumped due to a countless number of layoffs and dept closings.
BENEFITS
Cons
UNION
Great atmosphere
Office Supervisor - Lead Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2016
I have great coworkers along with great pay and benefits.I enjoy my day to day tasks and love what I do for a career. I have been with the company for over two years and have had two different positions while still currently working there.
Good Benefits. Terrible training
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie CountyOctober 25, 2015
As a seasoned nurse I can see that the right candidate can thrive here. Very good pay and benefits. The general workplace culture is terrible. The training I received was scattered. I was placed with two different preceptors who were dealing with massive personal problems who should have been on personal leave. There was little follow up from my manager in regards to my training. The documentation was difficult to learn when not given the proper training. There were a lot of very stressed people employed there. Very little work/life balance. If you get proper training and are single with no children then this job is great. There is a lot of on call responsibility and weekend shifts expected.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor training, lots of paperwork, no time for breaks, stressful.
over all
Manager Materials Management Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 24, 2016
Good place to work, good benefits, good pay, excellent PTO for employees.
Change in upper management is consistence need stability in the company and on the nursing units.
Pros
good pay
Cons
To many changes in nurse managers
Supervisor
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Organization is in need of some new upcoming professionals. Operating systems are 10 years behind. Management is not future oriented and have been around in the same role over 30 years. Need of a new vision
Good pay
Staffing Coordinator/payroll Kronos processor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Good pay and not very well managed though. But worked there for almost 4 years until my position was eliminated unfortunately.

staffing coordinator and then also became payroll processor with Kronos overseeing 120+ employess and doing their schedules and staffing over 80 schools in the Buffalo School district with nurses
Was fortunate to have the opportunity to be promoted at Kaleida Health.
Senior Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2016
Learned about value based payments and population health. Every day was different, and challenging. I was never bored, and was lucky to work with great co-workers at Kaleida Health.
overall great company to work for not such a great department to work for
Safety and Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I start my day with administrative duties with in my department, log information into a dispatch log and dispatch security officers to calls, investigations, reports, patrol campus grounds inside and out. address any safety concerns, attend department and hospital operations meetings when needed.

Management in my department is micro managed, not such a good environment to work under, make themselves feel indispensable. will not allow others to learn and grow with in the department, even as a lower level supervisor.

Co-workers- could be a stronger working rapport with in the department among co workers, if management allowed.

The worst part of my job is working under a management, that are all out for themselves, not looking out for the best interest the department as a whole, working under micro management.always feeling your job is in constant jeopardy.

Helping a patient find their belongings, helping a visitor find their vehicle when they cant remember where they parked, escorting an employee to and from their vehicle when having personal problems being able to give the comfort and security and gratifying moment to that patient, visitor and employee at that particular moment.

The public safety department in the hospital is the go to non medical department we get a lot of calls, questions, and expectations of the department to resolve concerns and issues are high.
Pros
helping people, keeping them safe and secure
Cons
as supervisor i am at times interrupted when on, or unable to get a lunch break
Current Employee
staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Great place to work with great salary and benefits. Managers a pleasure to work for, very knowledgeable, caring, and go the extra mile.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
kaleida is a good company to be employed at
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 18, 2017
i enjoyed working there. enjoyed the people and enjoyed the working environment. the only reason i left is because i had a baby became a stay at home mom.
Pca
PCA, medical assistant and cna (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2016
Not a good place to work always laying off or bumping no job security even for those with over ten years.
Okay pay. Great pto. Management is horrible, do not care about patient care. Some nurse are okay. Vitals every four hours draw blood do ekgs and EMR. Assist in personal care and what ever the nurses may ask I'm between your other duties.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No job security will lay you off or bump you around
so
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Kaleida health is a good place to work because of the people you work with. there are always things that people agree with and disagree with but that's everyjob.
Overall good.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2015
I have worked for Kaleida Health for 23years. It has given me many opportunities in my nursing career. It has its ups & downs as an organization through the years. the current Management Team is improving the overall "Caring" attitude of the environment which was much needed.

I work with a awesome team of co-workers and we help each other out throughout our day. Our immediate Manager is always excessible and supportive.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. Co-workers
Cons
Distance from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaleida Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9