Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

Work in progress
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2016
This company certainly has its ups and downs. Being in a union has great benefits and job security. But the way people use and abuse it is insane. Some people ride the system and take advantage and never get any work done. Others dont say a word and get their job done and go home. I am a great worker trying to find full time, I've been here for 2 years and still haven't gotten the chance to go full time and even then you might get bumped due to a countless number of layoffs and dept closings.
BENEFITS
Cons
UNION
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2016
The people that work for the hospital sometimes take things out on the smaller man on the pole due to not having a good day on there floor. But that's when you have to say its not you personally there just going thru things at a hospital
Pros
have to have thick shin
Cons
great place to start your career
ct/us/mammo (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 29, 2015
most up to date technology, learned a lot of the newer technology, fast paced, alot of responsibilty and working independently
it is ok
Technology Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2015
My position is very busy. which I enjoy. It is becoming to easy for me now. I am looking for something more challenging. It has great benefit too.
Fast paced rewarding work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 9, 2015
A fast paced and rewarding work environment helping others and making a difference in the community. A great place to work.
Not a happy camper...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2015
Patients not treated with respect and dignity, my complaints to managements always were ignored, staff on their cellphones all of the time, staff arguments in front of patients, nurses not being handles despite multiple errors,etc.
Pros
I have none.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Productive and great place to work
Executive Secretary to President (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 3, 2015
Ability to advance professionally
Good workplace atmosphere
Co-workers are considered family
Fast paced ever-changing company
Good Benefits. Terrible training
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie CountyOctober 25, 2015
As a seasoned nurse I can see that the right candidate can thrive here. Very good pay and benefits. The general workplace culture is terrible. The training I received was scattered. I was placed with two different preceptors who were dealing with massive personal problems who should have been on personal leave. There was little follow up from my manager in regards to my training. The documentation was difficult to learn when not given the proper training. There were a lot of very stressed people employed there. Very little work/life balance. If you get proper training and are single with no children then this job is great. There is a lot of on call responsibility and weekend shifts expected.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor training, lots of paperwork, no time for breaks, stressful.
great food
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 21, 2015
the health field is very stressful job.
not a strong backing of the employees.
never enough staff.no incentive to improve morale
Pros
great pay
Cons
not enough bounces offered
Continue to learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at Kaleida was a fast pace, thinking on your feet experience. I learned that with the help of your co-workers you can get the job done. Some Management will be more than willing to help out. I learned so much from my fellow co-workers and they were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was being short staff. The best part of the job was when there were enough staff things ran smoothly.
Pros
I was able to advance in my career with the help of Kaleida Health
Cons
short staffing, no breaks

Want to know more about Kaleida Health?

Ask a question
great place to work
House Keeping Kaleida Health (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2015
Everyday at work is the same thing you come in do your work and leave. I learned not to make friends but come to work do your work and go home. management was great they where good people to work with.
very nice staff
o Assist resident (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2015
I'm a pca and I have many different jobs throughout the day. I work with a great team of people. The company is fair to work for
Pros
nice cafeitaria
Cons
big place
A great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Women & Children's Hospital, Buffalo NY 14222July 9, 2015
A great place to work to serve the women and children of western NY. Being a part of a larger company there is room for career advancement.
Overall good.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2015
I have worked for Kaleida Health for 23years. It has given me many opportunities in my nursing career. It has its ups & downs as an organization through the years. the current Management Team is improving the overall "Caring" attitude of the environment which was much needed.

I work with a awesome team of co-workers and we help each other out throughout our day. Our immediate Manager is always excessible and supportive.
Pros
Pay. Benefits. Co-workers
Cons
Distance from home
Very worthwild experience..
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2015
I've learned to much at my last job. Everyday was like the first day and the reward you get at the end of the day...knowing you prevented someone from having a cardiac infarction (heart attack).
Great rapport with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff to provide best possible care.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 1, 2015
Working within a team to provide the best possible care from every angle of incoming emergencies, surgeries through recovery and rehabilitation opportunities. Provide resources for successful progression for the patient as he/she moves through their hospital stay.

Coworkers that team together to help one another manage significant workloads. Sharing knowledge with others through teaching and/or mentoring new employees, residents and nursing.

Helping families and patients with simple laymen's explanations that help them to make decisions regarding their loved one.
Pros
Feeling at the end of each day that you've really contributed something important.
Cons
People are not always prepared for life and death situations.
aweful
m (Former Employee) –  BuffaloJune 23, 2015
Very fake people who claim that they care. Management claims to be "transparent" but are not. They do not take the time to train properly. Upper Management with a few exceptions is terrible.
Pros
Cons
management is terrible
Hospital
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  N Tonawanda, NYJune 12, 2015
Workers try their best to make patients feel safe and important
My co- workers are always by my side to help in any situation and together we make a great team !
Good experience in management and operations
Supervisor of Staffing and Communication Operators (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 8, 2015
Received great experience in management and the operations of a business/organization. I had great mentors and guidance as I moved up through the organization. Developed some amazing relationships with co-workers, in which we all still keep in touch.
Just like any other work place
Materials Handler (Current Employee) –  Central supplyMay 9, 2015
Its good and can be a lot. Its a hospital. I stock er rooms and make sure floors are stocked as well in their supply rooms. everyone gets along and we try to help each other out