Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

excellent company to work for and great benefits
Patient Registrar/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 14, 2013
I respect Kaleida and their employees and management team. Everyone works as a team and my manager is very understanding when it comes to obstacles in my life. They work around your school schedule so it gives you a chance to further your education and become a better individual.
Pros
discounts on several things such as healthcare, movies, phone companies, etc
Cons
depends which area you work in...
Very strong company
Technology Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 11, 2014
Kaleida Health is a company where there is great retention in the Technology department.

They offer great opportunities in advancement if you are interested in the medical field and offer tuition reimbursement if you are interested in furthering your education.
Pros
high retention rate lets you know that you have found a solid company
Cons
high retention rate, keeps you from moving up if the position isn't open.
Excellent, Professional, Quality Workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 13, 2013
Working a temp position, learned a lot in a short amount of time. Everyone extremely helpful, always willing to work with you. Learned a ton about how integrated absence works within a 10,000+ employed company. Hardest part was getting a hold of people who were having problems taking leave time from work. Enjoyable part was always being able to learn something.
Pros
excellent 9-5 schedule
Each facility is different. It's the employees' that make the job.
Home Care SN (Current Employee) –  VNA NiagaraMay 16, 2012
I moved into their Home Care Division about a year ago. It's a very clicky environment and lots of gossip. If you mesh well with their employees of many years you will do well here. My recommendation is to get signed off as quickly as possible and get out into the field. The grass is not greener on this side of the mountain.
Pros
good salary, day shift
Cons
homes infested, plenty of documentation.
Its good company to work,the pay. is excellent & don't have a good plan penison that's the only negative thing about the company
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 28, 2014
My experience for working for Kaleida its was a overall good experience they just need to have a better retirement benefits and a better disability benefits . Other than that the pay is excellent.
Pros
it's a good paying job and ok health plan better than must major companies.
Cons
they don't have a good retirement plan.
Very unfair management team
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2014
Management does not listen to issues or problems, and will constantly threaten your job security if you voice your opinion. They expect everyone to complete work that is piled on them, even if it means being there on your own time, not seeing your family and spending your days off at work.
Pros
good medical benefits for employees.
Cons
unbearable bullying done by management, no understanding or helping hand
Buyer Description
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Analyze, identify and implement sourcing opportunities throughout the organization. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and manufacturers, while also aggressively negotiating price reductions for identified commodities. Process a high volume of contract requests. Work closely with members of finance, IT, legal, and end users throughout the contracting and negotiating lifecycle.
Great company to work for.
Manager of Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkMarch 24, 2015
A typical day was daily day to day operations. Greeting patients/staff/physicians. Made sure the clinic flow went smoothly for the patients and physician's.

I learned how to manage my budget.

Management was very helpful with any obstacles and or questions.

co workers were respectful, kind, helpful.

Hardest part trying to stay with-in budget

The job itself, love people.
Benefits
PERFUSIONIST
perfusionist (Former Employee) –  KaleidaOctober 5, 2012
This is the worst place to work as a perfusionist. You are not respected as a professional by medical staff or administration. Hours are poor and morale even worse. If you are desparate take a job there.
Because of the union structure you are not in a stable work enviroment being low on the seniority pole.
Pros
cheap city to live in
Cons
terrible unionized work enviroment where administration abuses staff
Productive Work Place
PCA- Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 28, 2012
Overall my experience with Kaleida Health was okay. It was of course a very stressful work place. However, I managed to do just fine. The most enjoyable part of my experience was getting to help the sick and injured. The hardest part of my experience was the heavy loads I had to put my body through. It can be depressing, but working with the right people makes it okay.
Fun place to work i would give this place 100% for a good job
Central Supply/PSA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2014
Nice place to work very good nurses and doctors i did 20 yrs at this job and enjoyed every day of it i learned a lot , the hardest part was leaving to retire after all these yrs and the most loving part was the patients and giving care,, to them. my rating is A+
Pros
your buy your lunch or bring it from home
Cons
45 minute lunch break and 15 minute break
great job
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2012
typical day a work is very busy and stressful.. learn how to work with different personalities.. Management is great and co-workers are easy to get along with, the hardesy part of my ob is the stress level and the amount of pressure put on an employee..the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my patients faces and making a difference in their lives
Many jobs available for people who want to work in health care
Mgr-Vol. Srvs & Com.& Director-McLaughlin Ctr. (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYJuly 23, 2014
I was always busy managing 200 volunteers, doing community outreach and directing the McLaughlin Center events. My job was not secure. The state commission demanded downsizing of area hospitals and I was replaced with a part time employee. I loved the job and missed it very much.
Good experience in management and operations
Supervisor of Staffing and Communication Operators (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 8, 2015
Received great experience in management and the operations of a business/organization. I had great mentors and guidance as I moved up through the organization. Developed some amazing relationships with co-workers, in which we all still keep in touch.
Nice place for advancment
C.N.A / P.C.A (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 6, 2015
Come in check on patients while i am taking their vitals,do my blood draws,finger stinks,check with floor nurses on the progress of the patients. and fellow what ever nurse wants me to do.
Pros
enjoyed doing something different, like blood drawing, finger sticks, and ekg's
Cons
should not have resigned
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2016
The people that work for the hospital sometimes take things out on the smaller man on the pole due to not having a good day on there floor. But that's when you have to say its not you personally there just going thru things at a hospital
Pros
have to have thick shin
Cons
great place to start your career
Not a happy camper...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2015
Patients not treated with respect and dignity, my complaints to managements always were ignored, staff on their cellphones all of the time, staff arguments in front of patients, nurses not being handles despite multiple errors,etc.
Pros
I have none.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Caring for the residents
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2014
I mainly take care oftwenty patients on a 40 bed unit, from day to day i can either b doing patient care, medication, treatments, I&O or a number of other things depend on how the day goes but these are just some of the basic
Pros
being able to help someone
Cons
short staffed
working in hospital is very fulfilling
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 5, 2012
I work 12 hours a day at the hospital part time. I take care of patients, document on the patients, draw blood on patient, and glucose checks. I am very organized and a team player.
Pros
taking care of patients
Cons
working on the weekend
Prideful
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCApril 30, 2015
I joined the USMC at 18 and I honestly can say that being a US Marine is a complete honor and privilege. The knowledge I gained from my service is unexplainable.
Pros
sense of pride, leadership, and dedication
Cons
being away from family can be challeging.