Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

Been there 8yrs, Great place to work.
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 29, 2017
I like work for kaleida because it is just a fun and happy environment to work in. At suburban hospital everyone work together to achieve one common goal.
Kaleida Health
Bed Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2017
I would recommend Kaleida Health as an employer because of the pay, the benefits, the flexibility and the patient interaction. Kaleida has several facilities and once you are trained and feel comfortable with your abilities, they will allow you to pick up time in other facilities. It helps an individual branch out to see if another facility could be there home or if another department fits better with life.
Productive and people friendly
Unit Secretary/Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2017
I really enjoy my job. It's a nice place to work and offers many benefits. I don't really find anything hard about my job. The staff is always a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Advance witg on the job training, flexible work schedule, many company perks
Cons
I don't have any negatives, or cons.
Lot of Changes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2017
Currently experiencing a lot of change organization wide, most of it positive, but lot of growing pains. These growing pains create a lot of stress, but also opportunity. Overall good place to work headed in the right direction.
Pros
Overall great people who want to help patients
Cons
Understaffed and overworked
A hands on example of academic study
Radiological Technician - Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 26, 2017
Excellent example of the changes in Health Information Management including electronic medical records, coding and processes that tie Admission and Financial reimbursement together. An exciting and productive culture. I felt welcome and part of the HIM team
Pros
A lot of advancement opportunity
its ok
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2017
understaff, pay is ok, no parking, union benefits are good, co-workers are hit or miss, good job if you want to learn new things but wouldnt recommend to build a career out of it
Challenging place to work
Sugical Materials Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14203March 27, 2017
I worked at Kaleida Health for over 20 years. Over that time period I saw the hospital merge with three other hospitals. A typical work day consisted of maintaining inventory par levels including cycle counts. I learned how to resolve problems related to the inventory process and communicate with purchasing, receiving, stores and vendors to coordinate the continuous flow of supplies. the workplace culture was good until they began to downsize. The difficult part of the job was managing over 10,000 unique items. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting nice people.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
job security
Management is horrendous
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 11, 2017
A horrible environment not a very comfortable place to work and management is horrible. If you are cna I'd not consider Highpointe. There are racial issues there as well.
Good pay
Staffing Coordinator/payroll Kronos processor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2017
Good pay and not very well managed though. But worked there for almost 4 years until my position was eliminated unfortunately.

staffing coordinator and then also became payroll processor with Kronos overseeing 120+ employess and doing their schedules and staffing over 80 schools in the Buffalo School district with nurses
Horrible Workplace Environment & Management
Finance Dept (Former Employee) –  Visiting Nursing Association of WNYJanuary 22, 2017
Worst company I ever worked for. Everyone in the admin offices are nasty, negative, lazy, incompetent, and most of the employees are protected by the union (so they can get away with doing the bare minimum and then you will be subjected to doing their work for them even though it's not relevant to finance.) Management is absolutely horrendous in the finance dept. Extremely high turnover that's why you see them keep posting for positions in the finance department. The accounting manager lacks the ability to manage people, explain things well, presents themself as a slob, and is extremely unprofessional. Everyone you will have to encounter in other departments will walk all over you and treat you terribly and you are not allowed to stick up for yourself. Everyone is in edge because they fire people a lot. The secretary in the finance department is an absolutely rude, arrogant, judgmental, and an overall nasty woman. She will make your worklife extremely difficult to bear if she doesn't like your personal life choices. The workload is insane and extremely inefficient. Management won't change anything about it even though they encourage all new hires to suggest ideas about "streamlining" the process. You are expected to work a lot of overtime even though they swear to all new hires they are only expected 10 hours of overtime max per month. They will overwhelm you with the work of about 2-3 people. My advice is to avoid working there at all costs. The stress and amount of disrespect you will encounter is not worth the money or benefits. Avoid at all costs or learn the hard way.
Pros
No pro's at all
Cons
Horrible management, high turnover, people treat you terribly, avoid at all costs or you will learn the hard way!!!
Supervisor
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Organization is in need of some new upcoming professionals. Operating systems are 10 years behind. Management is not future oriented and have been around in the same role over 30 years. Need of a new vision
so
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Kaleida health is a good place to work because of the people you work with. there are always things that people agree with and disagree with but that's everyjob.
kaleida is a good company to be employed at
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 18, 2017
i enjoyed working there. enjoyed the people and enjoyed the working environment. the only reason i left is because i had a baby became a stay at home mom.
overall great company to work for not such a great department to work for
Safety and Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I start my day with administrative duties with in my department, log information into a dispatch log and dispatch security officers to calls, investigations, reports, patrol campus grounds inside and out. address any safety concerns, attend department and hospital operations meetings when needed.

Management in my department is micro managed, not such a good environment to work under, make themselves feel indispensable. will not allow others to learn and grow with in the department, even as a lower level supervisor.

Co-workers- could be a stronger working rapport with in the department among co workers, if management allowed.

The worst part of my job is working under a management, that are all out for themselves, not looking out for the best interest the department as a whole, working under micro management.always feeling your job is in constant jeopardy.

Helping a patient find their belongings, helping a visitor find their vehicle when they cant remember where they parked, escorting an employee to and from their vehicle when having personal problems being able to give the comfort and security and gratifying moment to that patient, visitor and employee at that particular moment.

The public safety department in the hospital is the go to non medical department we get a lot of calls, questions, and expectations of the department to resolve concerns and issues are high.
Pros
helping people, keeping them safe and secure
Cons
as supervisor i am at times interrupted when on, or unable to get a lunch break
Was fortunate to have the opportunity to be promoted at Kaleida Health.
Senior Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 27, 2016
Learned about value based payments and population health. Every day was different, and challenging. I was never bored, and was lucky to work with great co-workers at Kaleida Health.
Great place to work with career advancement
Nurse Assistant - MFS too (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYDecember 11, 2016
Well managed organization with many opportunities to advance your career. tuition assistance is a bonus. Wish there was a northtowns location with more job opportunities. DeGraff used to be a pleasant and bright place to work in the 80's and 90's - it's so dark and depressing now. It definitely has potential. It would be nice to bring some life back into it, have it provide more services to its community like it did back in the day. The grounds could use a face lift, its more of an eyesore now unfortunately.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Locations - most have lengthy commute
best place
CNA (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYOctober 27, 2016
AMAZING. would work there again! fun good pay and benefits. amazing management. organized and fair. great support. awesome residents. definatly a great place to have a career.
Ever changing, challenging
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Coworkers are great, very supportive. Adequate supplies. Overtime easily available. Benefits good. Parking is issue, employees pay. No cafeteria overnight, but tim hortons in lobby.
Operator room aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2016
I love coming to work everyday we have good understanding how we going to get are job done each day very organized place to work all are supplies are available
productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
not well managed under the housekeeping department, but overall the experience was fun, and refreshing. because of the fact that I was in housekeeping, the staff was not as dedicated to maintaining the area as they are assigned.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
the management was not organized