Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

Continue to learn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day at Kaleida was a fast pace, thinking on your feet experience. I learned that with the help of your co-workers you can get the job done. Some Management will be more than willing to help out. I learned so much from my fellow co-workers and they were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was being short staff. The best part of the job was when there were enough staff things ran smoothly.
Pros
I was able to advance in my career with the help of Kaleida Health
Cons
short staffing, no breaks
Operator room aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2016
I love coming to work everyday we have good understanding how we going to get are job done each day very organized place to work all are supplies are available
Wonderful Staff
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 6, 2016
I managed some wonderful women! I miss them dearly. This one of the best careers of my life. I've learned so much about healthcare and people.
Fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2016
The days all depends on how the manager feel I learned Property lock ups patient assist patient information i learned how to use the radio the codes. I learned how to use the motor vehicles
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
very busy short staffed hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at BGMC was usually hectic and overwhelming due to the fact that we were understaffed. Very rarely did I have less than six patients at a time and that was on a good day. I have taken care of nine busy sickly patients and then had to leave the unit to do CAPD which left the other two or three nurses to cover my patients. Working on a med/surg floor I most certainly learned alot. We got a wide variety of people, from having a minor aliment to full blown vegetative state requiring total care which is time consuming. One of the best parts of working for Kaleida was meeting some amazing people from co-workers to patients. I loved interacting with my patients and hearing so many different life stories.
A very productive workplace
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work consists of a high volume or orders being processed and well as medication requests. I have learned that no matter how much you try to perfect the system and the process, the system will never be 100% efficient. Management tries there best to help accommodate the needs of the workers and if patients and staff that it services. My co-workers are very intelligent and helpful people who are great at doing their jobs. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the nursing staff because sometimes they cause us to do double and triple the work because of the negligence. The most enjoyable part about my job is knowing the I am apart of the process that helps patients. I am not a direct care giver, but I am apart of their healing process.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very unfair management team
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2014
Management does not listen to issues or problems, and will constantly threaten your job security if you voice your opinion. They expect everyone to complete work that is piled on them, even if it means being there on your own time, not seeing your family and spending your days off at work.
Pros
Good medical benefits for employees.
Cons
Unbearable bullying done by management, no understanding or helping hand
Excellent Opportunity
Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2016
Position provided tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth. Rewarding experience providing information to new clinical employees, doctors, physician assistants and nurses.
Patient registration
Patient Registration E.R / Trainer (Former Employee) –  buffalo, nyMay 9, 2014
register patients obtaining demographics and insurance information for emergency room visits and entering it into the computer system. I learned several computer systems. Co-workers are very (funny) two faced and back stabbing they form cliques and are very catty smile in your face and talk nasty the minute you are out of ear shot the managment in the department was horrible ( she has since been terminated) however I hear it isnt much better now either the pay is great and the benefits are as well the job was not hard and the patients were the best part of the position. The staff was very rude to the patients and very cold not what you would expect
Pros
overtime unlimited
Cons
management
Highpointe is not a good place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  HighpointeApril 13, 2015
Many of the people that work there are trying to leave because of the working conditions. It is one star according to standards, and it is run poorly. The hardest part of the job is co workers, trying to make it through the shift is difficult in a threatening environment. Its a surprise that it is part of Kaleida! The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients, but Highpointe needs an overhaul.

It is so hard to stay there they mandated that if you start there you have to be there for two years before you post out.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management and staffing
Good environment to work for
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 11, 2016
Large medical organisation in the metropolatain Buffalo/WNY area; positive atmosphere; accessible facility location within commuting and/or public transit.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2016
The people that work for the hospital sometimes take things out on the smaller man on the pole due to not having a good day on there floor. But that's when you have to say its not you personally there just going thru things at a hospital
Pros
have to have thick shin
Cons
great place to start your career
Current Employee
staff technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Great place to work with great salary and benefits. Managers a pleasure to work for, very knowledgeable, caring, and go the extra mile.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for.
Manager of Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkMarch 24, 2015
A typical day was daily day to day operations. Greeting patients/staff/physicians. Made sure the clinic flow went smoothly for the patients and physician's.

I learned how to manage my budget.

Management was very helpful with any obstacles and or questions.

co workers were respectful, kind, helpful.

Hardest part trying to stay with-in budget

The job itself, love people.
Benefits
Nice Staff ...ok pay
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221April 21, 2016
Nice Staff & ok pay based on other healthcare groups. Kaleida helps pay for college. My position is a 12 hour shift and tends to go by fast and my co-workers work as a team.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
pay could be better
Not a happy camper...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 9, 2015
Patients not treated with respect and dignity, my complaints to managements always were ignored, staff on their cellphones all of the time, staff arguments in front of patients, nurses not being handles despite multiple errors,etc.
Pros
I have none.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Poor work environment
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2014
Many employees lacked necessary empathy training for working with patients. A better training program and removal of uncompassionate nursing staff would have made this job much better for those that lived at the facility. Fellow staff members were lazy, abusive to patients, rude, formed cliques which resulting in lots of fights, and would do the bare minimum whenever they could. It was very difficult to continue working at this job with such poor administration and management staff working over even poorer staff members. I would never work for that company ever again. I loved working with the children at the facility, they were a pure joy to be around, but working in such a negative environment was emotionally and physically draining.
I rate this company overall good pt care and it help's me to take care of my two children
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 2, 2013
My typical day at work would be helping patient's and their family.I have learned people just need love and kindness overall.My management team here is patient care to the highest degree. My co-workers usually are working as a team and when their is a breakdown I know to go to my manager. The hardest part of my job is to keep reminding myself not to sweat the small stuff. the most enjoyable part of my job is me being myself and helping people who appreciate my efforts and work.
Pros
making the income i make as a sec...
Cons
i don't know of any right know
Thoroghly enjoyed my employment at Kaleida Health.
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 31, 2013
Excellent organization to work for. Great oppurtunities to excel and grow and to interact with patients and staff.

My customer service skills, computer skills and quallity assurance skills became stronger with each oppurtunity that was offered to me.

The hardest part of the job was multi tasking and giving patients undevided attention, and as my skills increased I was able to master that aspect of the positions.

The most enjoyable part of my career was dealing one on one with patients and giving them the best experience during their appointments.
great work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2016
answering phones and assisting patience
attention to detail
Amazing
like a family
being in a dangerous area
employees were like family
Pros
good money for a young age

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaleida Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9