Create visual and mechanical prototypes of consumer product, packaging, display and presentation models for review by Industrial Design, Engineering and
Marketing customers. Work with Innovation Lab team under the supervision of Shop Manager.
- Operation and maintenance of Haas CNC Vertical Machine Center
- Program CNC parts using Mastercam
- Machining of all CNC parts as designed from tooling board, acrylics, plastics and aluminum materials
- Inventory, sourcing, purchasing and upkeep of related CNC tooling and fixtures
- Documentation or part process and programming
- Establish an efficient project machining workflow and protocal
- Establish machining QC standards and project review process
- Fabricate projects as directed by shop management and design team
- Communicate ideas using hand sketching and cad drawing techniques
- Willing to work overtime as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Work addtionally as model maker, fabricating/finishing prototype parts as necessary
- Continually seek new technology and process training to improve our product machining and capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree required with a concentration in Manufacturing, Industrial Design, Model Making or related industries
- 3+ years recent Mastercam programming experience
- 3+ years recent Solidworks experience
- 5+ years recent CNC programming and operation experience
- High level of proficiency programming and machining 3D complex parts
- Experience with 4-axis programming and machine operation beneficial
- High-level experience selecting and maintaining tooling and related fixtures
- Ability to machine parts and maintaining high quality surface finish with close tolerance part fits.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings and derive parts drawings from sketches
- Experience building models using conventional hand building and finishing techniques; fabrication, sand finishing, paint and assembly.
- Experience using variety of pattern shop machinery, power and hand tools, hand machining, knee mill and lathe
Personal/Team Building Skills:
Individual must be passionate about CNC machining and model making while an effective problem solver who is able to work in a fast paced environment. Must
have the ability to change and organize priorities as workload dictates. Will know how to balance multiple priorities and work toward objectives without losing
sight of details. Must be open to new ideas, friendly, collaborative, a team player and committed in serving our clients. Strives for self-improvement, proactive in
advancing skills and always willing to learn. Will set individual goals with manager
- Email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and pdf pict samples or link to portfolio of relevant work. Attn: Shop Manager
- We offer a competitive salary. Commensurate with experience. Job is full-time. Paid hourly w/OT. Health Comp, 401K, Vacation.
- Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Kaleidoscope's DNA is a fusion of high-level creativity and solid industry expertise. Repositioning and revitalizing brands for fast moving consumer goods
companies, we blend category knowledge with diverse industry experiences to create market-winning strategies.