* Please note - Candidates must apply at our website - www.kascope.com - in order to be considered!* We also require some level of Project Management experience for this role including PMP certification (described within).
Location: downtown, Cincinnati
- A highly creative work environment with a lot of variety.
- Work-life balance in a diverse, large mid-west metropolitan area.
- Career advancement and mobility.
- Rewards for a job well done and demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Great group of fellow co-workers.
- A stable environment, run by business people and working with other highly successful companies.
Kaleidoscope is a strategic product design and development company based in Cincinnati, Ohio with offices in New York, Detroit, Indianapolis, and China. For more than 22 years, Kaleidoscope has been providing inventive solutions for complex products in the Medical Device, Consumer Products, Transportation and Electronics industries. Recognized by our business partners for our collaborative approach to create and evolve technologies, products, systems and services that support them in new and innovative ways. We offer big challenges, and the big rewards that come with them.
At Kaleidoscope, we offer a drug-free work environment and provide a competitive compensation and benefit package. Kaleidoscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to be considered.
Duties and Responsibilites:
· Develops proposal and obtains the buy in from the involved business unit owners
· Manages project development throughout its entire lifecycle
· Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with key stakeholders
· Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans
· Secures appropriate resources, in collaboration with the Department Manager, in order to meet deadlines
· Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management
· Manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devises contingency plans
· Provides regular feedback to Department Manager and Director on project performance
· Makes adjustments or improvements to the original plan if project requires
· Identifies problems outside procedural structure and recommends procedural changes
· Builds, develops and grows the client relationship vital to the success of the project
· Sets and manages client expectations and adjust work product as necessary
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluates alternative business solutions
· Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
· Proactively monitors monthly reconciliation of accrued project revenues/expenses and administers invoicing requests
· Forecasts income based on existing and future projects
· Ensures the project is completed within the estimated budget
· Reviews time and expense submission before approval
· Advocate for user needs in a multiple disciplinary environment
· Evaluates time spent on projects to help monitor and improve office productivity
· Seeks to improve internal processes
· In collaboration with functional manager assigns a team of experts required for effective completion of the project; assigns specific roles to all the team members
· Communicates job expectations and deadlines in such a manner to ensure achievement of the projects goals
· Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members
· Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team
· Supervises project team members and contractors and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
· Interacts with cross-disciplinary teams, including product designers, interaction designers, engineers, graphic designers, strategists and visualization designers
· Attends sales calls to assist in promoting the department
· Develops and delivers client proposal and capabilities presentations
· Plays an active role in growing the client base as an ambassador of the company brand
· Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of an Associate’s degree in business or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3-5 years of professional project management experience in a corporate or consulting environment. Relevant industry experience a plus
· PMP certification
· Strong understanding of: Microsoft Office/Project, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
· Deltek Vision experience highly desirable
· General understanding of current product development content creation technologies, techniques and processes
· Superior project management skills: planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to achieve specific goals
· High attention to detail in striving for excellence in the form’s work product and client service
· Skilled at planning, coordinating and directing the work of subordinate staff
· Skilled at leveraging the experience, expertise and work of others
· Ability to maintain rational and objective demeanor/actions when faced with stressful and/or emotional situations
· Demonstrated ability of maximizing limited resources to ensure project success
· Strong management skills: analytical, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, planning, problem-solving, presentation and negotiating
· Ability to establish credibility with management, staff and clients and affect meaningful change
· Capable of solving technically challenging static and dynamic problems in a collaborative context
· Strong inclination for continuous improvement
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
· Solid service orientation: Urgency and results focused to ensure timely and appropriate responses to issues raised or shifting demands and tight deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to write and prepare documents/reports/correspondence/proposals in a concise, logical, grammatically appropriate format
· Adept at prioritizing and completing workload in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted timeframes
· High level of interpersonal and human relations skills in dealings with colleagues, clients, direct reports
· Confirmed ability to work independently with limited guidance and exercise independent judgment
· Excellent oral communication skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor
· Skilled in perceptive listening and conveying awareness of what is being said/requested
· Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact· P
roficient with Microsoft Office applications
Tools and Equipment Used
· Personal computer, copier, fax, phone, displays, and other typical office equipment
· Light to Moderate: 10% to 25% of the time
Physical & Mental Demands
· Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long period of time
· Ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
· Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
· Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
· Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients via phone or in person
· Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move around the office environment
· Ability to analyze unique situations and develop appropriate response
· Additional Physical Requirements: file, speak, write, hear, read, type, see
· Additional Mental Requirements: compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
· Work typically performed in an office setting and design workshop
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
* Please note - Candidates must apply at our website - www.kascope.com - in order to be considered!*