Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope Employee Reviews

good place to work
Case Worker (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILApril 13, 2015
Pros: flexibilty
I enjoyed working with the children in foster care; it provided me an opportunity to make a difference in a child life. It allowed me flexibility and work independently. It also allowed for me to work with families from a team member approach.
worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: they didnt keep their pay promises at all.
I worked 11 hours a day 6 days a week and only paid 500.00 a month but promise 500.00 biweekly. I wasnt allowed to do homework during breaks. Bad supervisors.
Fast paced enviroment
Floral Designer (Former Employee), 1633 darby drJuly 15, 2014
Pros: holiday bonuses
Cons: no benefits and not enough hours
The ability to know that there was always worked to be done in a fast paced environment. I was constantly challenged and held in high expectation to give my best. The hardest part of the job was the extreme fluctuation of hours. The management was dependable, always there to lend a helping hand when needed. I learned how to be a more independent designer.
Awesome work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: seeing kids grow up
Cons: short breaks
Help kids with their homework right after school. After that we would let them go play games from pool to ping pong. I learned that kids also teach you things in life. Co-workers were awesome they came from different parts of Indianapolis. The hardest part was helping those kids that really didnt get a grip on their work. The most enjoyable part was seeing those kids go from grade to grade and excelling in all subjects
Ok, just burned out
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), East PalestineFebruary 11, 2014
This is a good job, the pay could be better but OT is almost always available if you are flexible on your hours.
An emply slate to create an amazing product with the proper team
Director of Developmental Disabilities (Current Employee), 16 counties in northwest gaDecember 31, 2013
Love the opportunity however it is like pushing an 18 wheeler every day to see the smallest advancement.
Clinical Rotation
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 23, 2013
Pros: rewarding to work with this group of patients
Cons: soap notes can be difficult with this group of patients
Worked with special needs patients towards improving functional abilities. Good coworkers and relaxed work environment.
Having Fun working with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis,MNApril 9, 2013
Pros: talking to the children hearing and seeing their creative side
Cons: break not long enough
A typical day for me would be coming in and getting the art cart set up. After that me and the teacher will go from class to class doing different art projects with the children. Sometimes we will go outside and do different projects as well. At the end of the day I would take the cart back to the art classroom and make sure everything is in place and cleaned.
productive and fun workplace
Finance Coordinator/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2013
productive and fun easy workplace, good personnel. 30 min lunch; 9-5:30
print shop assistant (quality control) (Current Employee), tarpon springs FLFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: liked the job
Cons: no benefits, leader didnt treat fellow employees well and no job security.
I enjoyed the job and most all of the fellow employees. I picked up the information very well and maintained 2 million prints a month since I started in which they have never reached. We worked well as a team.
Mom and pop specialty retail store.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 7, 2013
This job was a unique experience in a unique environment. A typical day at Kaleidoscope would be selling body jewelry, smoking accessories, clothing and more. Coworkers are fun, generally, but serious micromanaging issues that plague most mom and pop shops is rampant here. Don't expect wages you would from a corporate shop, or the opportunities for job advancement. This is a job that is fun to have for a few years while working through college, or trying to figure out where you want to go in life.
No way to advance, nothing to help you improve.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 9, 2012
Management doesn't manage. No opportunties for advancement. Difficult to get increase in pay/salary is very meager. Co-workers are decided based on "feelings" rather than performance. Over-all, not a very positive experience or environment.

About Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope's programs are designed to create services that better match available resources with the needs of each child. Kaleidoscope – Read more