Kaleidoscope Employee Reviews

Fast paced and continuous learning
Lookout Mountain Community Services (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GASeptember 17, 2017
I am in a state management position which constantly consisted of continuous learning and challenges. I work within the Developmental Disabilities populations which includes individuals in a Host home setting and day centers. Everyday consisted of problem solving within the host home and day centers, managing challenging behaviors with replacement behaviors, and providing supervision and oversight to supervisors and day program staff. Workplace culture included team work. The hardest part of my job is managing challenges which results in the lack of training and consistency.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Lack of Training and inconsistency
Small and unorganized
Design Implementation Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
A typical day involves coming in, going through emails and prioritizing what needs to be done. This role is very robotic with no room for error. There is back and forth between yourself and client on unclear direction/feedback which occurs more than it should.

I've learned how to control my patience a lot better more than anything. I've further expanded my knowledge of the pre-press/print production process.

Management is strict but empathic.

After working onsite & offsite, there is a non-existent job culture.

The hardest part of the job is interacting with the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job is it's offices/location and the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
No benefits, career advancement, motivational incentive.
Productive and fun place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2017
This is such a great place to work! Everyone is friendly and easy to work with. The workplace culture is amazing as there is always something going on that promote a healthy work place.
Great job to hold while in College
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 8, 2017
My review of Kaleidoscope is while things can get a little hectic in the work day, we always have fun and the kids we look after love the experience. We do our best to provide the best opportunities for them.
Pros
active work day, fun
Cons
low pay, short shifts
Fast paced with room to learn
Digital Imaging Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2017
The office space is great. Projects are constantly happening and moving quickly. If you can't deal with stress it might be tricky. Everyone is really nice and all the CEOs are present.
fast past school environment
team member (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 26, 2017
Appropriately set up snacks and activities for elementary grade children from after school until 6pm (usually 4hrs). Management was nice, organized and very involved in decisions.
Pros
fun creative environment
Cons
pay grade
I love the r esidents I serve here. It is the most fun job I have ever had.
SLP also supervise graduate students from U of L (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2016
A typical day would be seeing 6 or 7 clients back to back. I have learned to treat my client holistically. I love the therapy team I work with. The hardest part of my job is paper work and Medicaid regulations. The most enjoyable part of my job is treating my clients. We do a lot of laughing here!
Pros
Flexibility in treatment sessions and lots of space.
Cons
Holiday, vacation and sick allowance, Medicaid regulations.
very fast pace and enjoyable
Line Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  medofrd oregonJuly 9, 2016
a lot of unreliable workers , co workers are great , learned a lot about prep and making and cooking pizza , learned about how to deal with allergies to food. started from washing dishes and ended in management
Pros
fun place to be
Cons
insurance
kaleidoscope Review
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Anclote Blvd Tarpon Springs FlJune 22, 2016
a typical day at work includes pulling up letters to customers, checking for any mistakes and printing them out so they get sent to another department for mailing. I've learned how to use Microsoft Word and Office. Also, I've learned how to make Excel spread sheets. I use Microsoft Outlook as well. I can use 10 key quite well and can type faster than I could before.I don't feel comfortable talking about management or my coworkers on here. My apologies.
This was my company...
Co-Owner Kitchen, Home and Gift Store (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2016
Great store, great experience! Exciting to develop a concept and then purchase assortments to execute that vision. Very proud of this accomplishment.
Excellent work place
Afterschool Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2016
A typical day at work would start at 2. The student come in put their book bags up and then line up to use the restroom and wash their hands. After that they come in grab a snack, and once they are finish they go do homework. After all the homework is completed they go outside for the rest of the day
It's ok.
Intact Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
Kaleidoscope is a nonprofit, charitable organization that helps Chicago youth cope with the consequences of abuse and neglect within their family system.

Struggling with complex emotional, physical and medical needs, kids referred to Kaleidoscope face incredible challenges that require resources and support. The team at Kaleidoscope is committed to alleviating these obstacles for kids, believing all youth deserve the chance to reach their highest potential.
Wonderful after-schol program
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working with children enrolled in the Kaleidoscope program. The children ranged from kindergarten to fifth grade so I was given the opportunity to work with a wide range of children from a very diverse group.
Great talent - strategic brand design
Senior Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2015
Fast paced and creative, Kaleidoscope goes the extra mile and delivers fabulous design work with a mission. Great people.
Pros
Bring your dog to work every day
Cons
Long hours & weekends
Respectful and diverse workplace with great job and team cultures
Peer Education Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2015
Kaleidoscope is a small program within the overall Office of Multicultural Affairs at UNC Greensboro with the goal of educating others and facilitating dialogue about issues of diversity and social justice. The group consists of around 10 student employees, as well as an intern and two supervisors, one of whom is a graduate student and the other of whom is a full-time employee of the Office. We conduct weekly to bi-weekly meetings where we learn and practice our public speaking and dialogue facilitation skills, knowledge on topics of diversity and social justice, and abilities to work as a team.

Our general duties involve going into classrooms, residence halls, student organizations, and other university organizations and spaces and conducting interactive diversity-related programs and facilitate dialogue around difficult topics within diversity and social justice. We work in pairs to help students gain the most from the experience. We often use set pre-made facilitations, but we are also given the opportunity to create our own and lead forums of our own creation.

From this, I learned valuable public speaking, programming design and implementation, teamwork, and conflict resolution skills. Working in the Kaleidoscope program is excellent for learning about issues of diversity and how to educate others about them, and to get valuable experience with working in teams and giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Pros
Free education around topics of diversity and social justice, flexible hours, close-knit and fun work culture, great training for working by yourself and with others
Cons
Not enough hours - not enough work/compensation to be able to support yourself
good place to work
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with the children in foster care; it provided me an opportunity to make a difference in a child life. It allowed me flexibility and work independently. It also allowed for me to work with families from a team member approach.
Pros
flexibilty
worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InSeptember 30, 2014
I worked 11 hours a day 6 days a week and only paid 500.00 a month but promise 500.00 biweekly. I wasnt allowed to do homework during breaks. Bad supervisors.
Cons
they didnt keep their pay promises at all.
Fast paced enviroment
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  1633 darby drJuly 15, 2014
The ability to know that there was always worked to be done in a fast paced environment. I was constantly challenged and held in high expectation to give my best. The hardest part of the job was the extreme fluctuation of hours. The management was dependable, always there to lend a helping hand when needed. I learned how to be a more independent designer.
Pros
holiday bonuses
Cons
no benefits and not enough hours
Awesome work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2014
Help kids with their homework right after school. After that we would let them go play games from pool to ping pong. I learned that kids also teach you things in life. Co-workers were awesome they came from different parts of Indianapolis. The hardest part was helping those kids that really didnt get a grip on their work. The most enjoyable part was seeing those kids go from grade to grade and excelling in all subjects
Pros
Seeing kids grow up
Cons
Short breaks
Ok, just burned out
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  East PalestineFebruary 11, 2014
This is a good job, the pay could be better but OT is almost always available if you are flexible on your hours.